Columbia 2011!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
wiseguy33

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby wiseguy33 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:27 am

I'm not even going to try to catch up on what I missed in the last few hours. So, if someone could please summarize the lolcats and Harry Potter references and add up the number of "Why aren't I complete yet?" and "TOMORROW IS THE DAY" posts, that'd be awesome. Thanks. :lol:

law_monkey

Postby law_monkey » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:28 am

JoeShmoe11 wrote:
law_monkey wrote:Just FYI I'm procrastinating from finals studying right now so I looked in the Columbia ED thread just for fun and they're talking about us because the thread's moving so quickly! I wonder how long it'll take before we drag them into our evil ways. :twisted:

That was me that said that :oops:
Those of us hiding in the ED thread just need to get used to having more than one post an hour in this topic haha.

I didn't mean it in a bad way; I was just amused. :D I don't have a super high post number yet, but then again I was a long time lurker and only joined like a week and a half ago...so yeah this might get to be a problem.

law_monkey

Postby law_monkey » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:29 am

wiseguy33 wrote:I'm not even going to try to catch up on what I missed in the last few hours. So, if someone could please summarize the lolcats and Harry Potter references and add up the number of "Why aren't I complete yet?" and "TOMORROW IS THE DAY" posts, that'd be awesome. Thanks. :lol:

There actually haven't been any of those haha. And instead of HP we went with GG. :D

daisyduke

Postby daisyduke » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:33 am

Last edited by daisyduke on Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:40 am, edited 2 times in total.

starrydreamz3

Postby starrydreamz3 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:34 am

law_monkey wrote:
JoeShmoe11 wrote:
law_monkey wrote:Just FYI I'm procrastinating from finals studying right now so I looked in the Columbia ED thread just for fun and they're talking about us because the thread's moving so quickly! I wonder how long it'll take before we drag them into our evil ways. :twisted:

Those of us hiding in the ED thread just need to get used to having more than one post an hour in this topic haha.

I didn't mean it in a bad way; I was just amused. :D I don't have a super high post number yet, but then again I was a long time lurker and only joined like a week and a half ago...so yeah this might get to be a problem.

I joined in 2007.

I kinda really badly wanted to go to law school.

But my post count just started to go up recently! I guess I was a stage 5 lurker for 3 years.

moxiepostulate

Postby moxiepostulate » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:34 am

law_monkey wrote:
wiseguy33 wrote:I'm not even going to try to catch up on what I missed in the last few hours. So, if someone could please summarize the lolcats and Harry Potter references and add up the number of "Why aren't I complete yet?" and "TOMORROW IS THE DAY" posts, that'd be awesome. Thanks. :lol:

There actually haven't been any of those haha. And instead of HP we went with GG. :D

Probs because most of us are RD and are therefore SOL until January/February or later. But yay for the ED folks whose visits will keep this thread semi-legit until then! :wink:

JoeShmoe11

Postby JoeShmoe11 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:37 am

law_monkey wrote:
JoeShmoe11 wrote:

I'm a former long-time lurker too but with the excitement of admissions (or lack thereof, stupid Columbia adcomms) I had to start posting! As far as all the new-comers go what's with all the Gossip Girl? I've never even heard of it before :o

daisyduke

Postby daisyduke » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:49 am

moxiepostulate

Postby moxiepostulate » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:54 am

JoeShmoe11 wrote:
I'm a former long-time lurker too but with the excitement of admissions (or lack thereof, stupid Columbia adcomms) I had to start posting! As far as all the new-comers go what's with all the Gossip Girl? I've never even heard of it before :o

Yeah, about that... To be honest, I haven't really watched it myself. Which makes me feel a teensy bit old because I remember when GG meant Gilmore Girls. But hey, if viewing parties include drinks I'll be there and love it :mrgreen: They all have really nice hair on the show and people sleep with people. That's about all I know, heh.

law_monkey

Postby law_monkey » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:55 am

JoeShmoe11 wrote:
law_monkey wrote:
JoeShmoe11 wrote:

I think a piece of me just died inside!!!! JK. It's this super addictive show about a bunch of fancy rich high schoolers turned college kids (with a few main characters from the abominable Brooklyn side ) and their vindictive plots to stay at the top of the social hierarchy. It sounds worse than it is.

daisyduke

Postby daisyduke » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:56 am

moxiepostulate wrote:
JoeShmoe11 wrote:

Yeah, about that... To be honest, I haven't really watched it myself. Which makes me feel a teensy bit old because I remember when GG meant Gilmore Girls. But hey, if viewing parties include drinks I'll be there and love it :mrgreen: They all have really nice hair on the show and people sleep with people. That's about all I know, heh.

Ahh... Gilmore Girls is a favorite as well. I have all those seasons on DVD as well :D Wow... I'm making myself sound super cool haha

law_monkey

Postby law_monkey » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:57 am

moxiepostulate wrote:
JoeShmoe11 wrote:

Oy with the poodles already!!!! You're not old because that's my FAVE SHOW EVER!!!! I have all 7 seasons on DVD, so we can have a 1L viewing party of that too!!!

moxiepostulate

Postby moxiepostulate » Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:00 am

Riiiiiight. When we're not holed up in the library or using highlighters in some closeted manner that we avoid discussing in front of sane students. Sounds like a plan :D

law_monkey

Postby law_monkey » Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:01 am

moxiepostulate wrote:Riiiiiight. When we're not holed up in the library or using highlighters in some closeted manner that we avoid discussing in front of sane students. Sounds like a plan :D

I'm just going to keep pretending that that part of law school doesn't exist

JoeShmoe11

Postby JoeShmoe11 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:08 am

law_monkey wrote:
I think a piece of me just died inside!!!! JK. It's this super addictive show about a bunch of fancy rich high schoolers turned college kids (with a few main characters from the abominable Brooklyn side ) and their vindictive plots to stay at the top of the social hierarchy. It sounds worse than it is.

I'm gonna be honest, you described exactly what I assumed Columbia would be filled with haha. Though I'm pleasantly surprised that no one here seems that way at all! Show kinda sounds like a chick show but I guess it deserves a watch or two!

law_monkey

Postby law_monkey » Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:16 am

JoeShmoe11 wrote:
law_monkey wrote:

I'm gonna be honest, you described exactly what I assumed Columbia would be filled with haha. Though I'm pleasantly surprised that no one here seems that way at all! Show kinda sounds like a chick show but I guess it deserves a watch or two!

Haha it is a chick show. All the guys I know who say anything good about it just think the actresses are hot. But you can come to our viewing parties anyway!

artichoke

Postby artichoke » Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:12 am

law_monkey wrote:
JoeShmoe11 wrote:
law_monkey wrote:

Haha it is a chick show. All the guys I know who say anything good about it just think the actresses are hot. But you can come to our viewing parties anyway!

Could we derail this thread with a topic any more inane than gossip girls?

Having said that, I need to hear back. like, now. or monday. Not knowing about both NYU and Columbia is driving me nutso.

s0ph1e2007

Postby s0ph1e2007 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:14 am

artichoke wrote:
law_monkey wrote:
JoeShmoe11 wrote:
law_monkey wrote:

Could we derail this thread with a topic any more inane than gossip girls?

Having said that, I need to hear back. like, now. or monday. Not knowing about both NYU and Columbia is driving me nutso.

It must be MI. NY hates MI clearly.
Let's call NYU and Columbia and threaten discrimination suit on monday

artichoke

Postby artichoke » Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:18 am

s0ph1e2007 wrote:
It must be MI. NY hates MI clearly.
Let's call NYU and Columbia and threaten discrimination suit on monday

I don't know, sounds risky. Could possibly be construed as blackmail :lol:

ringdabell

Postby ringdabell » Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:58 am

No RDs at all yet right? I wonder when they will start to hear.hmm. :roll:

shanemahsa

Postby shanemahsa » Sat Dec 11, 2010 6:17 am

There's a columbia ED thread?

JoeShmoe11

Postby JoeShmoe11 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:08 pm

Got my mail today and was happy to see there was no rejection/waitlist letter - how's everyone else holding out?

starrydreamz3

Postby starrydreamz3 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:37 pm

JoeShmoe11 wrote:Got my mail today and was happy to see there was no rejection/waitlist letter - how's everyone else holding out?

If I'm feeling this antsy now, I have no idea how I'm going to survive that last two weeks of January.

thecilent

Postby thecilent » Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:57 pm

I feel like I'm not going to see any other decisions for months. *is bored*

starrydreamz3

Postby starrydreamz3 » Sat Dec 11, 2010 3:17 pm

thecilent wrote:I feel like I'm not going to see any other decisions for months. *is bored*

I'm hoping to hear back from Penn before Christmas. And whenever Mich feels like being nice to me. Then Columbia in January and Chicago in February. Then I can get off this website.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”