Columbia 2011!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
shanemahsa

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby shanemahsa » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:01 am

7ED wrote:Lol. I still can't figure out what a "vomit coloured envelope" would look like.

They're actually like cream. At least my hold letter was last year.

Dany

Postby Dany » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:13 am

kak5n wrote:
law_monkey wrote:
7ED wrote:Lol. I still can't figure out what a "vomit coloured envelope" would look like.

I would imagine the same way a vomit flavored Bertie Bott's bean tastes...

LOVE.

re-applicant

Postby re-applicant » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:43 am

To add some more vertex love: I love his/her daily "tomorrow is the big day!" posts every night.

ISTAND

Postby ISTAND » Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:02 am

annie2010 wrote:silence....
starting to like NYU more now just because they have so much more action. I already have a decision at NYU via status checker and not even a peep from CLS! urghhh

But does NYU also claim applications are "holistically" reviewed and read in full by at least two committee members? I'd rather wait with anxiety for a status update knowing a team of admins are reading every word of my app than to be treated as nothing more than a number lottery style. Just saying. They may be reading my PS over and over with a brandy in one hand, a cigar in the other, contemplating my worthiness as a CLS class of '14.

wiseguy33

Postby wiseguy33 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:52 am

ISTAND wrote:
starting to like NYU more now just because they have so much more action. I already have a decision at NYU via status checker and not even a peep from CLS! urghhh

But does NYU also claim applications are "holistically" reviewed and read in full by at least two committee members? I'd rather wait with anxiety for a status update knowing a team of admins are reading every word of my app than to be treated as nothing more than a number lottery style. Just saying. They may be reading my PS over and over with a brandy in one hand, a cigar in the other, contemplating my worthiness as a CLS class of '14.

I'm fairly certain that this is exactly what happens.

ringdabell

Postby ringdabell » Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:05 am

I submitted my application in early November (like around 11/4)
but I got the completion email on 12/8 which is like a month later...... (Is this a bad sign?)
I am an RD applicant.

Has any RD heard back yet?
Any insights or infos please!!?? :roll:

cruelestgame

Postby cruelestgame » Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:37 am

yea wondering the same...any rd's yet?

JoeShmoe11

Postby JoeShmoe11 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:59 am

cruelestgame wrote:yea wondering the same...any rd's yet?

I mean no offense to anyone who is RD because I know how it feels to wait (and wait and wait and wait) and because we may one day be classmates but I wish we could make a sticky at the top of every page of this topc saying "RD decisions in late January". They gotta get through us EDers first and then need a month to recover their stamina after seeing so many 171s and 172s I guess. Gotta brace themselves for you fancy, scholarship-getting, 174+-ing RDers. :mrgreen:

But seriously best of luck to all of you RDers!

jd2014!

Postby jd2014! » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:33 am

shanemahsa wrote:

Ditto. But I think admit letters are special. Even though a hold is more likely to induce vomiting...

pulandasu

Postby pulandasu » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:48 am

jd2014! wrote:
shanemahsa wrote:

Ditto. But I think admit letters are special. Even though a hold is more likely to induce vomiting...

Because I've never seen VCE, but @shanemahsa, weren't you referring to Hold or Reserve letter? my reserve letter (which I got like.. 4 times) last year was cream color as well.

acceptance letter is a different color and size from this reserve cream-colored letter, I assume?

shanemahsa

Postby shanemahsa » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:56 am

pulandasu wrote:
jd2014! wrote:
shanemahsa wrote:

Because I've never seen VCE, but @shanemahsa, weren't you referring to Hold or Reserve letter? my reserve letter (which I got like.. 4 times) last year was cream color as well.

acceptance letter is a different color and size from this reserve cream-colored letter, I assume?

Yah I was referring to the hold and reserve letters. I dunno if the acceptance letters are a different color but one would think that their stationary would match.

Excellence = a Habit

Postby Excellence = a Habit » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:20 pm

wiseguy33 wrote:
ISTAND wrote:

ahahahahah I hope.

shanemahsa

Postby shanemahsa » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:01 pm

Excellence = a Habit wrote:
wiseguy33 wrote:
ISTAND wrote:

ahahahahah I hope.

They actually have that pic on their website.

vertex

Postby vertex » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:59 pm

Hmm.. it looks like about 60% of the ED admits have been handed out for December. I think people are gonna find out today. A big wave!

Reyshak

Postby Reyshak » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:04 pm

Does anyone have the actual .pdf from the acceptance letter? I never got it in snail mail and I accidentally deleted (!!!) the email. Anyway it's fine because I can just check it online, but my parents want to be lame and frame it, etc. If you can post it (or just PM it to me) I'd really super duper appreciate it and I'll buy you coffee when we're classmates!

vertex

Postby vertex » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:29 pm

Reyshak wrote:Does anyone have the actual .pdf from the acceptance letter? I never got it in snail mail and I accidentally deleted (!!!) the email. Anyway it's fine because I can just check it online, but my parents want to be lame and frame it, etc. If you can post it (or just PM it to me) I'd really super duper appreciate it and I'll buy you coffee when we're classmates!

No disrespect, but this doesn't make any sense. You can't check it online.

And if someone sent it to you, it would have all of their identifying information and wouldn't be useful to your parents unless they wanted to frame some other kid's acceptance letter.

I think you're just gonna have to wait until you get the acceptance letter in the mail.

shanemahsa

Postby shanemahsa » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:30 pm

vertex wrote:Hmm.. it looks like about 60% of the ED admits have been handed out for December. I think people are gonna find out today. A big wave!

So I stayed in a hotel last night and TV brand was "Vertex." hah!

re-applicant

Postby re-applicant » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:34 pm

where are the decisions??

TLSNYC

Postby TLSNYC » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:34 pm

re-applicant wrote:where are the decisions??

I'd show you some real virtual love if you called and asked, haha

TLSNYC

Postby TLSNYC » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:08 pm

Part of me is so convinced that decisions have to come out today that I can do absolutely no work until I start seeing some "I'm in" posts on TLS.

coolymx

Postby coolymx » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:09 pm

vertex wrote:Hmm.. it looks like about 60% of the ED admits have been handed out for December. I think people are gonna find out today. A big wave!

Is this based on data from previous years or is this some insider information? With only 40% of ED admits lefts my odds don't look so good...which is not necessarily a bad thing

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:37 pm

TLSNYC wrote:Part of me is so convinced that decisions have to come out today that I can do absolutely no work until I start seeing some "I'm in" posts on TLS.

And somehow you can do work after seeing it?

TLSNYC

Postby TLSNYC » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:56 pm

r6_philly wrote:
TLSNYC wrote:Part of me is so convinced that decisions have to come out today that I can do absolutely no work until I start seeing some "I'm in" posts on TLS.

Iono..I just feel like once decisions are out for today, I can move on with my day knowing I did or did not get one. Right now, the suspense is controlling me.

annie2010

Postby annie2010 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:06 pm

TLSNYC wrote:
r6_philly wrote:

Iono..I just feel like once decisions are out for today, I can move on with my day knowing I did or did not get one. Right now, the suspense is controlling me.

you just got into nyu though didn't you???? if so congrats and do not worry, you can go to law school in NYC next year!!

TLSNYC

Postby TLSNYC » Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:08 pm

annie2010 wrote:
TLSNYC wrote:
r6_philly wrote:

you just got into nyu though didn't you???? if so congrats and do not worry, you can go to law school in NYC next year!!

Yeah, it's definitely a big relief, although I can't lie that I much prefer CLS.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”