Columbia 2011!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
shanemahsa
Posts: 655
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:46 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby shanemahsa » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:01 am

7ED wrote:Lol. I still can't figure out what a "vomit coloured envelope" would look like.

They're actually like cream. At least my hold letter was last year.

User avatar
Dany
Posts: 11580
Joined: Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:00 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby Dany » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:13 am

kak5n wrote:
law_monkey wrote:
7ED wrote:Lol. I still can't figure out what a "vomit coloured envelope" would look like.


I would imagine the same way a vomit flavored Bertie Bott's bean tastes...

LOVE.

User avatar
re-applicant
Posts: 193
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:26 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby re-applicant » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:43 am

To add some more vertex love: I love his/her daily "tomorrow is the big day!" posts every night.

ISTAND
Posts: 104
Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:31 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby ISTAND » Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:02 am

annie2010 wrote:silence....
starting to like NYU more now just because they have so much more action. I already have a decision at NYU via status checker and not even a peep from CLS! urghhh


But does NYU also claim applications are "holistically" reviewed and read in full by at least two committee members? I'd rather wait with anxiety for a status update knowing a team of admins are reading every word of my app than to be treated as nothing more than a number lottery style. Just saying. They may be reading my PS over and over with a brandy in one hand, a cigar in the other, contemplating my worthiness as a CLS class of '14.

User avatar
wiseguy33
Posts: 334
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:53 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby wiseguy33 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:52 am

ISTAND wrote:
annie2010 wrote:silence....
starting to like NYU more now just because they have so much more action. I already have a decision at NYU via status checker and not even a peep from CLS! urghhh


But does NYU also claim applications are "holistically" reviewed and read in full by at least two committee members? I'd rather wait with anxiety for a status update knowing a team of admins are reading every word of my app than to be treated as nothing more than a number lottery style. Just saying. They may be reading my PS over and over with a brandy in one hand, a cigar in the other, contemplating my worthiness as a CLS class of '14.


I'm fairly certain that this is exactly what happens.

Image

ringdabell
Posts: 84
Joined: Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:43 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby ringdabell » Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:05 am

I submitted my application in early November (like around 11/4)
but I got the completion email on 12/8 which is like a month later...... (Is this a bad sign?)
I am an RD applicant.

Has any RD heard back yet?
Any insights or infos please!!?? :roll:

cruelestgame
Posts: 349
Joined: Mon Sep 01, 2008 10:00 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby cruelestgame » Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:37 am

yea wondering the same...any rd's yet?

User avatar
JoeShmoe11
Posts: 355
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:16 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby JoeShmoe11 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:59 am

cruelestgame wrote:yea wondering the same...any rd's yet?


I mean no offense to anyone who is RD because I know how it feels to wait (and wait and wait and wait) and because we may one day be classmates but I wish we could make a sticky at the top of every page of this topc saying "RD decisions in late January". They gotta get through us EDers first and then need a month to recover their stamina after seeing so many 171s and 172s I guess. Gotta brace themselves for you fancy, scholarship-getting, 174+-ing RDers. :mrgreen:

But seriously best of luck to all of you RDers!

User avatar
jd2014!
Posts: 431
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:31 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby jd2014! » Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:33 am

shanemahsa wrote:
7ED wrote:Lol. I still can't figure out what a "vomit coloured envelope" would look like.

They're actually like cream. At least my hold letter was last year.



Ditto. But I think admit letters are special. Even though a hold is more likely to induce vomiting...

pulandasu
Posts: 205
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 12:06 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby pulandasu » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:48 am

jd2014! wrote:
shanemahsa wrote:
7ED wrote:Lol. I still can't figure out what a "vomit coloured envelope" would look like.

They're actually like cream. At least my hold letter was last year.



Ditto. But I think admit letters are special. Even though a hold is more likely to induce vomiting...


Because I've never seen VCE, but @shanemahsa, weren't you referring to Hold or Reserve letter? my reserve letter (which I got like.. 4 times) last year was cream color as well.

acceptance letter is a different color and size from this reserve cream-colored letter, I assume?

User avatar
shanemahsa
Posts: 655
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:46 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby shanemahsa » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:56 am

pulandasu wrote:
jd2014! wrote:
shanemahsa wrote:
7ED wrote:Lol. I still can't figure out what a "vomit coloured envelope" would look like.

They're actually like cream. At least my hold letter was last year.



Ditto. But I think admit letters are special. Even though a hold is more likely to induce vomiting...


Because I've never seen VCE, but @shanemahsa, weren't you referring to Hold or Reserve letter? my reserve letter (which I got like.. 4 times) last year was cream color as well.

acceptance letter is a different color and size from this reserve cream-colored letter, I assume?


Yah I was referring to the hold and reserve letters. I dunno if the acceptance letters are a different color but one would think that their stationary would match.

User avatar
Excellence = a Habit
Posts: 1021
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:15 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby Excellence = a Habit » Fri Dec 10, 2010 12:20 pm

wiseguy33 wrote:
ISTAND wrote:
annie2010 wrote:silence....
starting to like NYU more now just because they have so much more action. I already have a decision at NYU via status checker and not even a peep from CLS! urghhh


But does NYU also claim applications are "holistically" reviewed and read in full by at least two committee members? I'd rather wait with anxiety for a status update knowing a team of admins are reading every word of my app than to be treated as nothing more than a number lottery style. Just saying. They may be reading my PS over and over with a brandy in one hand, a cigar in the other, contemplating my worthiness as a CLS class of '14.


I'm fairly certain that this is exactly what happens.

Image


ahahahahah I hope.

User avatar
shanemahsa
Posts: 655
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:46 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby shanemahsa » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:01 pm

Excellence = a Habit wrote:
wiseguy33 wrote:
ISTAND wrote:
annie2010 wrote:silence....
starting to like NYU more now just because they have so much more action. I already have a decision at NYU via status checker and not even a peep from CLS! urghhh


But does NYU also claim applications are "holistically" reviewed and read in full by at least two committee members? I'd rather wait with anxiety for a status update knowing a team of admins are reading every word of my app than to be treated as nothing more than a number lottery style. Just saying. They may be reading my PS over and over with a brandy in one hand, a cigar in the other, contemplating my worthiness as a CLS class of '14.


I'm fairly certain that this is exactly what happens.

Image


ahahahahah I hope.


They actually have that pic on their website.

User avatar
vertex
Posts: 239
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:22 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby vertex » Fri Dec 10, 2010 1:59 pm

Hmm.. it looks like about 60% of the ED admits have been handed out for December. I think people are gonna find out today. A big wave!

Reyshak
Posts: 1
Joined: Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:02 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby Reyshak » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:04 pm

Does anyone have the actual .pdf from the acceptance letter? I never got it in snail mail and I accidentally deleted (!!!) the email. Anyway it's fine because I can just check it online, but my parents want to be lame and frame it, etc. If you can post it (or just PM it to me) I'd really super duper appreciate it and I'll buy you coffee when we're classmates!

User avatar
vertex
Posts: 239
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:22 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby vertex » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:29 pm

Reyshak wrote:Does anyone have the actual .pdf from the acceptance letter? I never got it in snail mail and I accidentally deleted (!!!) the email. Anyway it's fine because I can just check it online, but my parents want to be lame and frame it, etc. If you can post it (or just PM it to me) I'd really super duper appreciate it and I'll buy you coffee when we're classmates!


No disrespect, but this doesn't make any sense. You can't check it online.

And if someone sent it to you, it would have all of their identifying information and wouldn't be useful to your parents unless they wanted to frame some other kid's acceptance letter.

I think you're just gonna have to wait until you get the acceptance letter in the mail.

User avatar
shanemahsa
Posts: 655
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:46 am

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby shanemahsa » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:30 pm

vertex wrote:Hmm.. it looks like about 60% of the ED admits have been handed out for December. I think people are gonna find out today. A big wave!

So I stayed in a hotel last night and TV brand was "Vertex." hah!

User avatar
re-applicant
Posts: 193
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:26 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby re-applicant » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:34 pm

where are the decisions??

TLSNYC
Posts: 509
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:38 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby TLSNYC » Fri Dec 10, 2010 2:34 pm

re-applicant wrote:where are the decisions??


I'd show you some real virtual love if you called and asked, haha

TLSNYC
Posts: 509
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:38 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby TLSNYC » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:08 pm

Part of me is so convinced that decisions have to come out today that I can do absolutely no work until I start seeing some "I'm in" posts on TLS.

User avatar
coolymx
Posts: 43
Joined: Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:18 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby coolymx » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:09 pm

vertex wrote:Hmm.. it looks like about 60% of the ED admits have been handed out for December. I think people are gonna find out today. A big wave!



Is this based on data from previous years or is this some insider information? With only 40% of ED admits lefts my odds don't look so good...which is not necessarily a bad thing

r6_philly
Posts: 10707
Joined: Sat Dec 19, 2009 4:32 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby r6_philly » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:37 pm

TLSNYC wrote:Part of me is so convinced that decisions have to come out today that I can do absolutely no work until I start seeing some "I'm in" posts on TLS.


And somehow you can do work after seeing it?

TLSNYC
Posts: 509
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:38 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby TLSNYC » Fri Dec 10, 2010 3:56 pm

r6_philly wrote:
TLSNYC wrote:Part of me is so convinced that decisions have to come out today that I can do absolutely no work until I start seeing some "I'm in" posts on TLS.


And somehow you can do work after seeing it?


Iono..I just feel like once decisions are out for today, I can move on with my day knowing I did or did not get one. Right now, the suspense is controlling me.

User avatar
annie2010
Posts: 123
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:58 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby annie2010 » Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:06 pm

TLSNYC wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
TLSNYC wrote:Part of me is so convinced that decisions have to come out today that I can do absolutely no work until I start seeing some "I'm in" posts on TLS.


And somehow you can do work after seeing it?


Iono..I just feel like once decisions are out for today, I can move on with my day knowing I did or did not get one. Right now, the suspense is controlling me.



you just got into nyu though didn't you???? if so congrats and do not worry, you can go to law school in NYC next year!!

TLSNYC
Posts: 509
Joined: Mon Nov 22, 2010 1:38 pm

Re: Columbia 2011!

Postby TLSNYC » Fri Dec 10, 2010 4:08 pm

annie2010 wrote:
TLSNYC wrote:
r6_philly wrote:
TLSNYC wrote:Part of me is so convinced that decisions have to come out today that I can do absolutely no work until I start seeing some "I'm in" posts on TLS.


And somehow you can do work after seeing it?


Iono..I just feel like once decisions are out for today, I can move on with my day knowing I did or did not get one. Right now, the suspense is controlling me.



you just got into nyu though didn't you???? if so congrats and do not worry, you can go to law school in NYC next year!!


Yeah, it's definitely a big relief, although I can't lie that I much prefer CLS.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Christinabruin, Google Adsense [Bot] and 4 guests