Columbia 2011! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
camelcrema

Bronze

Re: Columbia 2011!

Post by camelcrema » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:33 pm

eskimo wrote:Lame. Lots of mail today, including GULC, but nothing from CLS.

Can someone tell me how big the admitted students binder thing is? (A picture, if you have it, would be awesome) I have a small, flat apartment mailbox and they left a slip saying something was in the office, so could that be it or do I need to stop hoping? (Office was closed by the time I got home.)
The GULC packet is a good frame of reference. The binder comes in a similarly size envelope, which is maybe just a little thicker.

Dany

Diamond

Post by Dany » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:40 pm

Okay, thanks guys! Trying not to be too hopeful because roomie is also expecting a package, but definitely wanted to check. I don't think another GULC-sized package could have fit in there today.

starrydreamz3

Silver

Post by starrydreamz3 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:26 pm

Pic because you asked so nicely. Unsharpened number 2 pencil for reference! It comes in like a 3/4 inch binder.

Let us know tomorrow morning!

Gold

Post by 4102011 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:27 pm

v cool, starry! :)

I think if I get into CLS at this point, 90% of my reaction will be shock that there is actually something in my mailbox...

starrydreamz3

Silver

Post by starrydreamz3 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:29 pm

dulcatis wrote:v cool, starry! :)

I think if I get into CLS at this point, 90% of my reaction will be shock that there is actually something in my mailbox...
I need you to get in just so we can teach all the other accepted students how to play mafia in some seedy bar in Morningside Heights during ASW. Yeah, so don't go ruining that dream for me. (This is directed at eski too!)

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Gold

Post by 4102011 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:30 pm

starrydreamz3 wrote:

I need you to get in just so we can teach all the other accepted students how to play mafia in some seedy bar in Morningside Heights during ASW. Yeah, so don't go ruining that dream for me. (This is directed at eski too!)
Dude I'll come to that bar meetup even if I don't get in :) I WILL ALWAYS PLAY MAFIA.

Muenchen

Silver

Post by Muenchen » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:32 pm

dulcatis wrote:
starrydreamz3 wrote:

Dude I'll come to that bar meetup even if I don't get in :) I WILL ALWAYS PLAY MAFIA.
Me too....from across the country. Might send a cardboard cutout of myself and teach those noobs via speakerphone attached to said cutout.

dbrddr

Bronze

Post by dbrddr » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:34 pm

jtemp320 wrote:
dbrddr wrote:FWIW, no upchuck in Arkansas
See...looking at your LSN profile I can't believe you aren't getting into CLS and this gives me hope...
LOL, I served this exact purpose in the NYU thread for nearly a month.

Dany

Diamond

Post by Dany » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:37 pm

<3 <3 <3 starry! Especially the point of reference! My mailbox was chock full of stuff (including a textbook) so I don't think that could have fit, but it could have been a package for my roommate so we'll see!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

jd2014!

Bronze

Post by jd2014! » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:40 pm

dbrddr wrote:
jtemp320 wrote:
See...looking at your LSN profile I can't believe you aren't getting into CLS and this gives me hope...
This is selfish, but I hope you don't get into CLS for at least 2 more weeks. My guess is you are going to H or Y anyway so you probably aren't too worried about the lack of vomit (yet) in your mailbox. If they move slowly with you, I can get my poor poor hopes up for an unprecedented 2nd wave of CLS acceptances for early apps in February. Please be my hope dbrddr!

rocon7383

Bronze

Post by rocon7383 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:52 pm

when was the last batch of denials sent out?

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:55 pm

I just noticed on their blog post that they will be emailing certain decisions to be green. So I expect the Hold, Denial and Reserve decisions to go out by email. When?

jtemp320

Bronze

Post by jtemp320 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:04 pm

dbrddr wrote:
jtemp320 wrote:
As always your services are appreciated :wink:

Let me know when you get in so I can actually give up hope

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Excellence = a Habit

Silver

Post by Excellence = a Habit » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:07 pm

r6_philly wrote:I just noticed on their blog post that they will be emailing certain decisions to be green. So I expect the Hold, Denial and Reserve decisions to go out by email. When?
Hah, i love how they think that's green. "Look, we only sent out 1200 folders and binders stuffed with a hundred pages each. The waitlist and rejection notices, which would have taken a single sheet a piece... those we emailed because we care about the environment."

At the same time I love nice PR materials, so I guess I wouldn't have it any other way... They just shouldn't pretend there's anything environmental about it.

Excellence = a Habit

Silver

Post by Excellence = a Habit » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:08 pm

jtemp320 wrote:
dbrddr wrote:
jtemp320 wrote:
As always your services are appreciated :wink:

Let me know when you get in so I can actually give up hope
+1

LinzerTorte

Silver

Post by LinzerTorte » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:31 pm

A late addition to the drinking game:

You respond to someone's report of a VCE with STATS??? and then later edit your post to include CONGRATS!

:mrgreen:

law_monkey

Gold

Post by law_monkey » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:38 pm

Ah this thread looked fun today. I'm sorry I missed out. :( Also I'm avoiding my apartment due to roommate drama, so at least that's one way of getting me not to run straight to my mailbox every night! :)

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Gold

Post by 4102011 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:00 pm

LinzerTorte wrote:A late addition to the drinking game:

You respond to someone's report of a VCE with STATS??? and then later edit your post to include CONGRATS!

I...totally do that :oops:

SURPRISE EMPTY MAILBOX.

& that's no fun, law_monkey :( roomie drama sucks.

CosmoLaw

Bronze

Post by CosmoLaw » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:04 pm

dulcatis wrote:

SURPRISE EMPTY MAILBOX.

I do this. But honestly dulc... your stats are too good. There is no way in hell that CLS will reject you. There IS another wave coming and you will get to ride it!!!!! I hope I'm on it too :)

Knock

Platinum

Post by Knock » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:05 pm

CosmoLaw wrote:
dulcatis wrote:

SURPRISE EMPTY MAILBOX.

I do this. But honestly dulc... your stats are too good. There is no way in hell that CLS will reject you. There IS another wave coming and you will get to ride it!!!!! I hope I'm on it too :)

Agreed. I'm basically certain there are plenty more acceptances to go out.

LinzerTorte

Silver

Post by LinzerTorte » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:06 pm

Knock wrote:
CosmoLaw wrote:
dulcatis wrote:

SURPRISE EMPTY MAILBOX.

TITCR

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

law_monkey

Gold

Post by law_monkey » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:13 pm

LinzerTorte wrote:
Knock wrote:
CosmoLaw wrote:

TITCR

I agree with all of this. Although I'm very tempted to email them like jd2014 did to try and gauge if I can expect a positive soonish future or a not-so-positive a couple week's off future...

Knock

Platinum

Post by Knock » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:13 pm

law_monkey wrote:
LinzerTorte wrote:
Knock wrote:
CosmoLaw wrote:

TITCR

I agree with all of this. Although I'm very tempted to email them like jd2014 did to try and gauge if I can expect a positive soonish future or a not-so-positive a couple week's off future...

Don't do it lawmonkey!!!!

CosmoLaw

Bronze

Post by CosmoLaw » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:16 pm

law_monkey wrote:

yeah especially not via email... they'll know who you are!!!!

law_monkey

Gold

Post by law_monkey » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:16 pm

Knock wrote:
law_monkey wrote:
Don't do it lawmonkey!!!!
Haha I'm definitely not! I just find it tempting. I wouldn't even know what to ask.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”