Columbia 2011! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
lateblooming

New

Re: Columbia 2011!

Post by lateblooming » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:08 am

if I'm on reserve with a 168 and below median GPA, perhaps that means they're just a little more desperate for candidates this year? not that I have a prayer, but those of you with higher numbers might. best of luck¡

math101

Bronze

Post by math101 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:42 am

Excellence = a Habit wrote:Just Reserved by email!! Applied late October, held in Feb, reserved just now! So grateful to be able to cross this one off my list and focus on how excited I am to go to Mich. Good luck to everyone still waiting!!
+1 on all points. So excited for Michigan!

descartesb4thehorse

Silver

Post by descartesb4thehorse » Thu Apr 21, 2011 7:33 am

math101 wrote:
Excellence = a Habit wrote:Just Reserved by email!! Applied late October, held in Feb, reserved just now! So grateful to be able to cross this one off my list and focus on how excited I am to go to Mich. Good luck to everyone still waiting!!
Cool. Be sure to withdraw, yea?

pulandasu

Bronze

Post by pulandasu » Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:58 am

So that I can add another thread to already overflowing speculations,

I'd like to think that Columbia Hold list is like a survival game.

Since I haven't seen anyone who's gotten in on April (please correct me if I'm wrong, I'd like to stand corrected), whoever survives each day makes it to next round, so more we don't hear from them, I'd like to think that I made it on to next round... however round there may be.. and however many people still left standing... and however many people will actually cross the admit line..

or maybe I'm just totally unrealistically foolish right now.

Edit: so it does look like someone got in on April. well, I still like my theory and sticking with it. lol.
Last edited by pulandasu on Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

expat17

New

Post by expat17 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:03 am

anyone else ED deferred and still waiting?

i read of one ED deferred getting admitted in April, but I think that will be it. In the letter they told us we should find out in April ... that leaves us one more week for the rest of us to be undecided-ly put on reserve!

note to CLS: instead of using the "hold" function differently this year, i would appreciate it if you instead used the "rejection" function correctly ... put us all out of our miseries already! you never use your reserve list anyways!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

pulandasu

Bronze

Post by pulandasu » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:04 am

expat17 wrote:anyone else ED deferred and still waiting?

i read of one ED deferred getting admitted in April, but I think that will be it. In the letter they told us we should find out in April ... that leaves us one more week for the rest of us to be undecided-ly put on reserve!

note to CLS: instead of using the "hold" function differently this year, i would appreciate it if you instead used the "rejection" function correctly ... put us all out of our miseries already! you never use your reserve list anyways!
+1

Yeah, Columbia is notorious for putting everyone on reserve.

expat17

New

Post by expat17 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:13 am

pulandasu wrote:

+1

Yeah, Columbia is notorious for putting everyone on reserve.

i seriously don't see the point. either i fit or i don't. come on, CLS, you can't have 400 pending applicants that you're still "considering" to round out your class + have a reserve list of 1,000!

face it, you're just not that in to me. send me some chocolate easter eggs and let's call it a day / cycle.

oopspowsurprise

New

Post by oopspowsurprise » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:34 am

i'm in this limbo too

i've said screw it and i've already given my deposit to Emory. if it ends up that I get into Columbia, I'll go, but I've moved on basically.

math101

Bronze

Post by math101 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 10:50 am

descartesb4thehorse wrote:
math101 wrote:
Naturally. Will be withdrawing from Columbia and Chicago WLs tomorrow. For the moment, I am basking in my ability to dent (but not break) CCN :lol: .

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

ebeth

Bronze

Post by ebeth » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:22 am

So yesterday I tried to fill out the reserve response form to indicate that I wanted to withdraw from the list, but it wouldn't go through and kept giving me a message that said, "We cannot find your application for admission because the information you provided does not match any records in our database." So I emailed the admissions office telling them that I wanted to withdraw. Today I get an email back that says "We have updated your Reserve Response Form to indicate your continued interest."

*facepalm*

incompetentia

Gold

Post by incompetentia » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:24 am

This seems to be par for the course at CLS.

I think I'm going to actually stay on the WL...we'll see what happens down the road.

thelaststraw05

Silver

Post by thelaststraw05 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:24 am

math101 wrote:
descartesb4thehorse wrote:
math101 wrote:
Naturally. Will be withdrawing from Columbia and Chicago WLs tomorrow. For the moment, I am basking in my ability to dent (but not break) CCN :lol: .
I was really hoping that CLS would give me my first ding of the cycle. I wanted to be able to post in the Ding bar. Unfortunately, they simply were not willing to do me that honor.

I'll guess I'll have to settle for undefeated.

bdubs

Gold

Post by bdubs » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:25 am

ebeth wrote:So yesterday I tried to fill out the reserve response form to indicate that I wanted to withdraw from the list, but it wouldn't go through and kept giving me a message that said, "We cannot find your application for admission because the information you provided does not match any records in our database." So I emailed the admissions office telling them that I wanted to withdraw. Today I get an email back that says "We have updated your Reserve Response Form to indicate your continued interest."

*facepalm*
Where is the reserve response form? I got a reserve letter snail mail and never really read it. I have no desire to remain on the waitlist.

Edit: Never mind, I found the form. For those who are looking it is here https://www-app.law.columbia.edu/webpor ... 1stReserve
Last edited by bdubs on Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:27 am, edited 2 times in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

ebeth

Bronze

Post by ebeth » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:26 am

bdubs wrote:
ebeth wrote:So yesterday I tried to fill out the reserve response form to indicate that I wanted to withdraw from the list, but it wouldn't go through and kept giving me a message that said, "We cannot find your application for admission because the information you provided does not match any records in our database." So I emailed the admissions office telling them that I wanted to withdraw. Today I get an email back that says "We have updated your Reserve Response Form to indicate your continued interest."

*facepalm*
Where is the reserve response form? I got a reserve letter snail mail and never really read it. I have no desire to remain on the waitlist.
In the pdf attached to the email I got yesterday, they included a link to the form. Should be in your letter as well.

khodorko

New

Post by khodorko » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:46 am

*facepalm*
That's a huge fail. I had the same issue with the website so I just emailed them asking to withdraw, let's see if they get it right or not!

ebeth

Bronze

Post by ebeth » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:48 am

khodorko wrote:

*facepalm*
That's a huge fail. I had the same issue with the website so I just emailed them asking to withdraw, let's see if they get it right or not!
Please let us/me know when they get back to you!

bdubs

Gold

Post by bdubs » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:50 am

ebeth wrote:
bdubs wrote:

*facepalm*
In the pdf attached to the email I got yesterday, they included a link to the form. Should be in your letter as well.
PS - the form worked fine for me today.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

pulandasu

Bronze

Post by pulandasu » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:46 pm

So quiet on Columbia's thread.

on LSN, we still have 1.5 pages of pending people (granted that not all pendings have updated)

jrose5

Silver

Post by jrose5 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:08 pm

pulandasu wrote:So quiet on Columbia's thread.

on LSN, we still have 1.5 pages of pending people (granted that not all pendings have updated)
According to LSN, last year, decisions went out until the very end of April.

pulandasu

Bronze

Post by pulandasu » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:16 pm

jrose5 wrote:
pulandasu wrote:So quiet on Columbia's thread.

According to LSN, last year, decisions went out until the very end of April.
Yep - I think keeping people in the dark is one thing, but I don't like the idea of their not keeping "we'll let you know by April 22nd" deadline notice... it's a breach of contract!

incompetentia

Gold

Post by incompetentia » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:18 pm

Judging by the numbers in this thread, I'd imagine that they should be able to meet that 4/22 deadline.

This is what the 5/11 waitlist is for. :roll: :lol:

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

pulandasu

Bronze

Post by pulandasu » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:20 pm

incompetentia wrote:Judging by the numbers in this thread, I'd imagine that they should be able to meet that 4/22 deadline.

This is what the 5/11 waitlist is for. :roll: :lol:
haha, if you mean by the "numbers" (aka the index/gpa/lsat), I definitely fall into the <25%/<50%/<50%...

I don't understand why it's taking them this long for me..

descartesb4thehorse

Silver

Post by descartesb4thehorse » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:45 pm

Any consensus on what to do if the website doesn't recognize you (yet)? Is email wise or just wait a day and see if it fixes itself before bothering the adcomm?

antonin

Bronze

Post by antonin » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:45 pm

*facepalm*

Nothing strange there.
They know that you do not mean it.

PancakeMonster

New

Post by PancakeMonster » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:49 pm

Just tried to withdraw from the waitlist also - "We cannot find your application for admission because the information you provided does not match any records in our database."

Thanks Columbia, you really wanna leave me in limbo forever!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”