Columbia 2011! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
hipstermafia

Silver

Re: Columbia 2011!

Post by hipstermafia » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:20 pm

Knock wrote:
absolutazn87 wrote:Just realized with hipster, r6, and me getting reserved this morning....

Columbia just WLed three engineers (counting r6 with his CS degree in this).
Sorry guys :cry:
CORNELL NO. 2

Knock

Platinum

Post by Knock » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:20 pm

law_monkey wrote: False!!! My monkey is free and and innocently running through the jungles of the Amazon. Those pics are super adorable though! I approve of them.
Hmm, that would also explain the lack of VCE. Mail probably has to get sorted at the Playboy Mansion, and i'm sure that takes a couple of days. Mystery solved!

law_monkey

Gold

Post by law_monkey » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:23 pm

Knock wrote:
law_monkey wrote: False!!! My monkey is free and and innocently running through the jungles of the Amazon. Those pics are super adorable though! I approve of them.
Hmm, that would also explain the lack of VCE. Mail probably has to get sorted at the Playboy Mansion, and i'm sure that takes a couple of days. Mystery solved!
Ok fine, you might have figured out what my super stellar soft is. However, you can't judge me when my VCE finally gets sorted out and I'm able to afford CLS at sticker. When Hughie promised he'd take care of me, he meant it!

glitched

Silver

Post by glitched » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:25 pm

If there is a playboy playmate who attends Columbia law... that would be nice.

Non-Chalant1

Silver

Post by Non-Chalant1 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:25 pm

I mean on the bright side at least no one has made up a new freakin cat to describe this situation. (Nobody make one just to spite me).

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Knock

Platinum

Post by Knock » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:25 pm

law_monkey wrote:
Knock wrote:
Ok fine, you might have figured out what my super stellar soft is. However, you can't judge me when my VCE finally gets sorted out and I'm able to afford CLS at sticker. When Hughie promised he'd take care of me, he meant it!
What a sweetheart. Now I understand how he gets all the ladies.

Excellence = a Habit

Silver

Post by Excellence = a Habit » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:28 pm

Knock wrote:
law_monkey wrote:
Knock wrote:
Was the money-for-sex thing not clear before? :mrgreen:

Knock

Platinum

Post by Knock » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:28 pm

Non-Chalant1 wrote:I mean on the bright side at least no one has made up a new freakin cat to describe this situation. (Nobody make one just to spite me).

Knock

Platinum

Post by Knock » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:30 pm

Excellence = a Habit wrote:
Knock wrote:
law_monkey wrote:
Knock wrote: Hmm, that would also explain the lack of VCE. Mail probably has to get sorted at the Playboy Mansion, and i'm sure that takes a couple of days. Mystery solved!
Looks like I have to re-write my PS in light of these new details, biglaw here I come.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

law_monkey

Gold

Post by law_monkey » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:31 pm

Excellence = a Habit wrote:
Knock wrote:
law_monkey wrote:
Knock wrote:
Clearly he's getting classier in his old age though. Education-for-sex is so much better. :D

Gold

Post by 4102011 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:35 pm

Spreadsheet/form for non-held/non-reserved folk:
dulcatis wrote:HANG ON KIDDOS, I'LL GET TO WORK.

Okay so I'm making a new spreadsheet because I am too goddamn lazy to work with the other one. Let it be stated I'm just choosing random-ass themes for all the forms because who the fuck cares <3

Form:
--LinkRemoved--

Spreadsheet:
https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key ... y=CJjV7YMP

tomwatts

Gold

Post by tomwatts » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:36 pm

law_monkey wrote:
7ED wrote:Does anyone know if CLS delivers rejections through mail? Cuz the whole VCE think okay, fine, but if rejections come via post-horse as well... gosh that would be *really* painful.
Just a guess, but their pattern seems to be only acceptances are coming out through snail mail. It kind of doesn't make sense that they would email just the middle decisions.
Yeah, making sense is totally the top priority for CLS's method of decision notification.

c_dubya_s

Silver

Post by c_dubya_s » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:37 pm

tomwatts wrote:
law_monkey wrote:
7ED wrote:Does anyone know if CLS delivers rejections through mail? Cuz the whole VCE think okay, fine, but if rejections come via post-horse as well... gosh that would be *really* painful.
Just a guess, but their pattern seems to be only acceptances are coming out through snail mail. It kind of doesn't make sense that they would email just the middle decisions.
Yeah, making sense is totally the top priority for CLS's method of decision notification.
It's OK. Once the post-horse kicks you in the groin, that really resets your priorities.
Last edited by c_dubya_s on Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Non-Chalant1

Silver

Post by Non-Chalant1 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:38 pm

Someone just call Columbia and straight up ask if they got in because they won't be able to check their mail for the next couple of weeks due to construction on their building...and their being sent to a different place. Or something more logical than what I just said, but I'm on the verge because I have to buy ASW tickets and this is annoying.

WestOfTheRest

Silver

Post by WestOfTheRest » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:40 pm

Non-Chalant1 wrote:Someone just call Columbia and straight up ask if they got in because they won't be able to check their mail for the next couple of weeks due to construction on their building...and their being sent to a different place. Or something more logical than what I just said, but I'm on the verge because I have to buy ASW tickets and this is annoying.
Tried this already to no avail.

glitched

Silver

Post by glitched » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:40 pm

Non-Chalant1 wrote:Someone just call Columbia and straight up ask if they got in because they won't be able to check their mail for the next couple of weeks due to construction on their building...and their being sent to a different place. Or something more logical than what I just said, but I'm on the verge because I have to buy ASW tickets and this is annoying.
I vote you.

law_monkey

Gold

Post by law_monkey » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:41 pm

I still think dings will be coming soon, so those of us who haven't heard will hopefully get some clarity. It should be a good sign if you make it through all the mass emails. But of course no one really knows other than the adcomms.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

bendurnotes4me

New

Post by bendurnotes4me » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:41 pm

CastleRock wrote:
What did you say/ they say?

mel2010

Bronze

Post by mel2010 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:42 pm

law_monkey wrote:
I still think dings will be coming soon, so those of us who haven't heard will hopefully get some clarity. It should be a good sign if you make it through all the mass emails. But of course no one really knows other than the adcomms.

Knock

Platinum

Post by Knock » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:42 pm

law_monkey wrote:
Did you get Heff to write you a LOR? I'm sure that would go a long way!

jd2014!

Bronze

Post by jd2014! » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:42 pm

amkid100 wrote:Did those who were waitlisted submit a lot earlier than those of us who were held? or is there no temporal distinction.

Nope. I submitted in September and they still held me.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Non-Chalant1

Silver

Post by Non-Chalant1 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:43 pm

CastleRock wrote:
At least I know someone thinks like me around here. Study buddies in law school? :P

dabbadon8

Silver

Post by dabbadon8 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:43 pm

law_monkey wrote:
I agree that dings should be coming. There has been a wave of admits, then holds, then reserves, so it follows that dings are coming next.

akikaze

New

Post by akikaze » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:44 pm

I'm scared of seeing people with better stats than me get dinged. =/

WestOfTheRest

Silver

Post by WestOfTheRest » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:45 pm

bendurnotes4me wrote:
CastleRock wrote:
What did you say/ they say?
I'm not getting into that on here cause it outs me, but I did on email and the just danced around the question.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”