Columbia 2011! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
JoeShmoe11

Bronze

Re: Columbia 2011!

Post by JoeShmoe11 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:10 am

vertex wrote:
JoeShmoe11 wrote:I'm officially beginning to get scared that most of the acceptances are out :/
Here's why you shouldn't worry: I found out I was admitted in the second "wave," but the date on my acceptance letter was November 30, which was the first wave. I think what happened is that there's only been one round of acceptances so far but since someone has to sit there and attach a pdf to an email and send it to us, all the emails aren't going out at the same time the decisions are issued.

I think the second wave will happen next week, and I'm pretty sure you'll be in it.

EDIT: fixed grammar issues
That was just about the greatest response I could've asked for. Thank you very much for the confidence boost and for the hope. The part about your letter being dated 11/30 is very encouraging. Thank you :D

shanemahsa

Silver

Post by shanemahsa » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:19 am

JoeShmoe11 wrote:
vertex wrote:
JoeShmoe11 wrote:I'm officially beginning to get scared that most of the acceptances are out :/
Here's why you shouldn't worry: I found out I was admitted in the second "wave," but the date on my acceptance letter was November 30, which was the first wave. I think what happened is that there's only been one round of acceptances so far but since someone has to sit there and attach a pdf to an email and send it to us, all the emails aren't going out at the same time the decisions are issued.

I think the second wave will happen next week, and I'm pretty sure you'll be in it.

That was just about the greatest response I could've asked for. Thank you very much for the confidence boost and for the hope. The part about your letter being dated 11/30 is very encouraging. Thank you :D
BTW, I just checked with polyester and his her letter was also dated 11/30. 8) *sigh*

Edit: fixed poly's gender.
Last edited by shanemahsa on Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

JoeShmoe11

Bronze

Post by JoeShmoe11 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:22 am

shanemahsa wrote:
JoeShmoe11 wrote:
vertex wrote:

BTW, I just checked with polyester and his letter was also dated 11/30. 8) *sigh*
Ahh that is a heck of a relief. My discouraged panic can now return to an optimistic anxiety. Thanks!

T6Hopeful

Silver

Post by T6Hopeful » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:23 am

vertex wrote:

+1 No offense to JoeSchmoe or Shane, but Vertex is officially my favorite poster in this thread. He/she has been incredibly light-hearted and encouraging as an admit to a school we would easily drop a quarter million to go to (addressing the ED crowd), as opposed to a certain Georgetown 0L troll who has been terrorizing unrelated threads.

shanemahsa

Silver

Post by shanemahsa » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:26 am

T6Hopeful wrote:
vertex wrote:

+1 No offense to JoeSchmoe or Shane, but Vertex is officially my favorite poster in this thread. He/she has been incredibly light-hearted and encouraging as an admit to a school we would easily drop a quarter million to go to (addressing the ED crowd), as opposed to a certain Georgetown 0L troll who has been terrorizing unrelated threads.
None taken, Vertex is awesome!!!

Edit: Re GULC troll
Last edited by shanemahsa on Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

JoeShmoe11

Bronze

Post by JoeShmoe11 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:33 am

Vertex is indeed awesome, no offense taken! He can borrow my notes anytime he wants 8)

polyester

New

Post by polyester » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:48 am

shanemahsa wrote:
JoeShmoe11 wrote:
vertex wrote:

BTW, I just checked with polyester and his letter was also dated 11/30. 8) *sigh*
I am a she. :D

vertex

Bronze

Post by vertex » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:52 am

I'm a guy haha.

And all you guys who say I can borrow your outlines and notes, you better believe I'm gonna take you up on that once we're classmates!!

shanemahsa

Silver

Post by shanemahsa » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:18 am

polyester wrote:
shanemahsa wrote: BTW, I just checked with polyester and his letter was also dated 11/30. 8) *sigh*
I am a she. :D
:oops: :oops: So sorry! I'm afraid guilty of projection. Will fix.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

rb23

New

Post by rb23 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:12 am

letter dated november 30th. didn't even notice it ha. apparently i've been in for over a week. wish i could have saved a week of worrying and gone straight to relaxation. i have such middle range numbers. you'd think it would have taken them longer to decide. got in on softs?

shanemahsa

Silver

Post by shanemahsa » Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:38 am

rb23 wrote:letter dated november 30th. didn't even notice it ha. apparently i've been in for over a week. wish i could have saved a week of worrying and gone straight to relaxation. i have such middle range numbers. you'd think it would have taken them longer to decide. got in on softs?
Thanks! So it seems Vertex was right. There has only been one round of acceptances (based on 3 admits). Of course that's very limited info, but it still makes me feel better :P

Edit: congrats btw!!

vertex

Bronze

Post by vertex » Wed Dec 08, 2010 3:42 am

Tomorrow's the big day! Everybody fasten your seatbelts!

piccolittle

Silver

Post by piccolittle » Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:44 am

vertex wrote:Tomorrow's the big day! Everybody fasten your seatbelts!
<3 you :)

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

calvmpv

Bronze

Post by calvmpv » Wed Dec 08, 2010 7:54 am

piccolittle wrote:
<3 you :)
+1

hellojd

Bronze

Post by hellojd » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:41 am

rb23 wrote:letter dated november 30th. didn't even notice it ha. apparently i've been in for over a week. wish i could have saved a week of worrying and gone straight to relaxation. i have such middle range numbers. you'd think it would have taken them longer to decide. got in on softs?
stats please?

Excellence = a Habit

Silver

Post by Excellence = a Habit » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:45 am

hellojd wrote:
stats please?
+1

obrienfa

Bronze

Post by obrienfa » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:46 am

Good luck everyone!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

shanemahsa

Silver

Post by shanemahsa » Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:49 am

Click 8)

Edit: Oh no! There went my hat. Vertexxxxxx!!!

JoeShmoe11

Bronze

Post by JoeShmoe11 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 12:06 pm

shanemahsa wrote:
Click 8)

Edit: Oh no! There went my hat. Vertexxxxxx!!!
+1...
Somehow my brain turned that from a joke into an "I got accepted". Need moar sleepz.

hoping

Bronze

Post by hoping » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:33 pm

still nothing? :( i guess tomorrow? thoughts?

JoeShmoe11

Bronze

Post by JoeShmoe11 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:38 pm

hoping wrote:still nothing? :( i guess tomorrow? thoughts?
You aren't living up to your username, don't give up hope yet! The most common time to hear a decision seems to be 4-430PM. I usually give up hope on a day around 5PM.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

bryannance

Bronze

Post by bryannance » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:42 pm

Any predictions on when the first batch of snail mail will hit mailboxes? Have the people who heard back in PDF form also received a letter?

JoeShmoe11

Bronze

Post by JoeShmoe11 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:43 pm

bryannance wrote:Any predictions on when the first batch of snail mail will hit mailboxes? Have the people who heard back in PDF form also received a letter?
Haven't heard of a single person receiving a snail mail response.

bryannance

Bronze

Post by bryannance » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:49 pm

JoeShmoe11 wrote:
bryannance wrote:Any predictions on when the first batch of snail mail will hit mailboxes? Have the people who heard back in PDF form also received a letter?
Did last year's applicants document that timeline at all--email-to-mailbox response time?

JoeShmoe11

Bronze

Post by JoeShmoe11 » Wed Dec 08, 2010 1:55 pm

bryannance wrote:
JoeShmoe11 wrote:
Did last year's applicants document that timeline at all--email-to-mailbox response time?
Here's the old thread if you're feeling brave-- http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 20&t=48833. If sure through that thread you could find out when snail mail decisions got out to people.

EDIT: Let me know if you do find out when they were received!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”