Columbia 2011! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
beleaguer

Bronze

Re: Columbia 2011!

Post by beleaguer » Mon Nov 01, 2010 11:56 am

shanemahsa wrote:
cigrainger wrote:
eeeeeek wrote:
eeeeeek wrote:Does anyone how to submit the ED contract (email vs. regular mail)?
If you can send it in by email, do you have to sign it and scan it?

Thanks! :D
nvm. I just called the admissions office and was told to send a physical copy in by mail/fedex/whatever.
Good luck to everyone (including me!)
Sucks -- NYU were cool about scanning/emailing or faxing the signed copy. Best of luck!
It does suck... I had so much trouble with my ED contract. I had to send it in 3 times and finally used certified mail to be sure it gets there.
erk..definitely doing that for sure. USPS shouldn't have any reason to be slower than fedex, right?

shanemahsa

Silver

Post by shanemahsa » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:17 pm

@beleaguer nah it shouldn't. Sent from west coast on a Saturday. Was there on Monday.

beleaguer

Bronze

Post by beleaguer » Mon Nov 01, 2010 1:16 pm

shanemahsa wrote:@beleaguer nah it shouldn't. Sent from west coast on a Saturday. Was there on Monday.
awesome, thanks. i'm here too! where on the west coast are you located?

shanemahsa

Silver

Post by shanemahsa » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:03 pm

beleaguer wrote:
shanemahsa wrote:@beleaguer nah it shouldn't. Sent from west coast on a Saturday. Was there on Monday.
awesome, thanks. i'm here too! where on the west coast are you located?
PM'd

jcd178

New

Post by jcd178 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 3:41 pm

shanemahsa wrote:
cigrainger wrote:
eeeeeek wrote:
eeeeeek wrote:Does anyone how to submit the ED contract (email vs. regular mail)?
If you can send it in by email, do you have to sign it and scan it?

Thanks! :D
nvm. I just called the admissions office and was told to send a physical copy in by mail/fedex/whatever.
Good luck to everyone (including me!)
Sucks -- NYU were cool about scanning/emailing or faxing the signed copy. Best of luck!
It does suck... I had so much trouble with my ED contract. I had to send it in 3 times and finally used certified mail to be sure it gets there.
How did you know it wasn't getting there? There's nowhere on the status checker that it should show up is there?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

slax

Bronze

Post by slax » Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:34 pm

Got snail mail from the outlaw group today. Any other glbt applicants in this thread?

shanemahsa

Silver

Post by shanemahsa » Mon Nov 01, 2010 6:07 pm

jcd178 wrote:
How did you know it wasn't getting there? There's nowhere on the status checker that it should show up is there?
I sent them an email when my file didn't go complete for a few weeks. They're pretty good about answering questions.

lilpenny11

New

Post by lilpenny11 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:35 pm

Hey everyone,

Just looking for some advice...

I am still waiting for a LOR to be uploaded onto LSAC (it was faxed on Thursday), but my ED application is ready to go otherwise.

I am worried that if I am forced to wait any additional days for the faxed LOR to be uploaded before I hit submit on my app, then by the time LSAC generates my report and sends it to Columbia it will be too late for my application to be considered complete by the Nov. 15th deadline.

Should I submit my online application now in order to make sure at least part of my application will have been processed by the 15th? Or should I wait a few more days for the LOR to (hopefully) appear on the LSAC site and assume that if all the components of the application are submitted before the deadline I will be considered as having applied ED?

Thanks!

shanemahsa

Silver

Post by shanemahsa » Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:09 am

lilpenny11 wrote:Hey everyone,

I am still waiting for a LOR to be uploaded onto LSAC (it was faxed on Thursday), but my ED application is ready to go otherwise.

I am worried that if I am forced to wait any additional days for the faxed LOR to be uploaded before I hit submit on my app, then by the time LSAC generates my report and sends it to Columbia it will be too late for my application to be considered complete by the Nov. 15th deadline.

Should I submit my online application now in order to make sure at least part of my application will have been processed by the 15th? Or should I wait a few more days for the LOR to (hopefully) appear on the LSAC site and assume that if all the components of the application are submitted before the deadline I will be considered as having applied ED?

Thanks!
FYI, I believe your app needs to be submitted by the 15th (I assume postmarked for the ED contract and submitted online via LSAC for the app), not complete.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

mcdonrb

New

Post by mcdonrb » Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:53 am

slax wrote:Got snail mail from the outlaw group today. Any other glbt applicants in this thread?
It was sitting on the kitchen counter when I got home. My roommate thought it was an acceptance letter. I got a bit excited...then it was kind of a letdown. Oh well, nice to know that I'm wanted.

slax

Bronze

Post by slax » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:00 am

mcdonrb wrote:
slax wrote:Got snail mail from the outlaw group today. Any other glbt applicants in this thread?
It was sitting on the kitchen counter when I got home. My roommate thought it was an acceptance letter. I got a bit excited...then it was kind of a letdown. Oh well, nice to know that I'm wanted.
My feelings exactly

ExpectLess

Bronze

Post by ExpectLess » Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:21 am

mcdonrb wrote:
I was worried at first because I figured an acceptance letter would come in a big packet, so I was relieved that it was from outlaws. :)

shanemahsa

Silver

Post by shanemahsa » Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:06 pm

ExpectLess wrote:I was worried at first because I figured an acceptance letter would come in a big packet...
Btw is that true? Big packet for CLS acceptance letters?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

ExpectLess

Bronze

Post by ExpectLess » Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:12 pm

shanemahsa wrote:
ExpectLess wrote:I was worried at first because I figured an acceptance letter would come in a big packet...
I have no idea. Just making assumptions.

Hattori Hanzo

Silver

Post by Hattori Hanzo » Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:30 pm

shanemahsa wrote:
Yes it comes in a large envelope. Last year it was a disgusting green color.

cigrainger

Bronze

Post by cigrainger » Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:31 pm

Hattori Hanzo wrote:
shanemahsa wrote:
I would love big disgusting green and gaudy purple envelopes.

Gold

Post by 4102011 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:32 pm

cigrainger wrote:
Hattori Hanzo wrote:
shanemahsa wrote:
I would love big disgusting green and gaudy purple envelopes.
That's the dream. :)

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Dany

Diamond

Post by Dany » Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:48 pm

Applied!

vertex

Bronze

Post by vertex » Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:32 pm

Last year's LSN says the first decision was December 1, but the decision date chart published by TLS says some came out in early November. Anyone want to guess when the first batch of ED acceptances come out?

MM326

Bronze

Post by MM326 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:35 pm

eskimo wrote:Applied!
Me too! Just submitted through LSAC.

Good luck to everyone!

starrydreamz3

Silver

Post by starrydreamz3 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:45 pm

This "completion pending" status is making me squirm! I want IN already!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

beleaguer

Bronze

Post by beleaguer » Wed Nov 03, 2010 4:47 pm

starrydreamz3 wrote:This "completion pending" status is making me squirm! I want IN already!
same hereeee. i really wish i sent it overnight/priority instead of being cheap -.- not that it would've made much of a difference, i suppose. just less anxiety here and now :[

Hattori Hanzo

Silver

Post by Hattori Hanzo » Wed Nov 03, 2010 6:14 pm

starrydreamz3 wrote:This "completion pending" status is making me squirm! I want IN already!
IIRC the online tracker does not change beyond Complete so don't wait too long

hellojd

Bronze

Post by hellojd » Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:14 am

Hattori Hanzo wrote:
IIRC the online tracker does not change beyond Complete so don't wait too long
I've pretty much made peace with the fact that it'll be mid december or january before I hear lol. I check the status checker about once a week now, just in case by some miracle it'll be different this year.

annie2010

Bronze

Post by annie2010 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:36 am

shanemahsa wrote:
lilpenny11 wrote:Hey everyone,

Thanks!
FYI, I believe your app needs to be submitted by the 15th (I assume postmarked for the ED contract and submitted online via LSAC for the app), not complete.
Wait...I dont think this is the correct response. I called the admissions office yesterday and you need to be COMPLETE by the 15th. She actually said you should submit your application through LSAC 7-10 business days before the 15th, which is basically today. She also said that if you need more time with your PS/Resume you can mail that in separately. She was very nice and very clear so I would probably take this as the truth.

Upshot: Please DONT tell people it only needs to be submitted on the 15th, because according to my convo with the admissions office you need to be COMPLETE on the 15th!!!!! unless she is full of it.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”