Columbia 2011! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
bryannance

Bronze

Re: Columbia 2011!

Post by bryannance » Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:00 pm

TLSNYC wrote:
bryannance wrote:
TLSNYC wrote:
bryannance wrote:I'm guessing they'll make us wait through the weekend. :-/
Ugh. Looks like it.
TLSNYC, I'm thinking you have a great shot, right? Killer LSAT score, stellar GPA, right? It's a huge reach for me, unfortunately.
Actually, I have, by CLS standards, a terrible LSAT, below their 25th percentile. I have strong(?) softs though -- published author (i.e. not in a journal, like an actual book), while in undergrad, and an elected political official.
That's great. I think my softs are strong, too. By last year's standards, I'm a point below their 25th percentile on the LSAT but just barely below their 75th percentile GPA. I hope I don't get flat-out rejected. But my guess is CLS is trying to start off insulating themselves with high-index students first, then get on to people like me. I would hope I at least get wait-listed.

TLSNYC

Silver

Post by TLSNYC » Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:07 pm

Yeah..I'm just hoping not to get rejected so I can retake the LSAT in February with some other acceptances under my belt, and then convince CLS to take me.

bryannance

Bronze

Post by bryannance » Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:09 pm

TLSNYC wrote:Yeah..I'm just hoping not to get rejected so I can retake the LSAT in February with some other acceptances under my belt, and then convince CLS to take me.
I might do the same. I live in the City too, so I'm hoping to celebrate good news with all the NYC applicants who get in.

Confused7

Silver

Post by Confused7 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:12 pm

FINALLY COMPLETE...now I can join everyone else in the nerve-wracking wait. :D

shanemahsa

Silver

Post by shanemahsa » Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:14 pm

Soooo next Tuesday?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

T6Hopeful

Silver

Post by T6Hopeful » Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:15 pm

shanemahsa wrote:Soooo next Tuesday?
Haha I guess so :?

Ghost

Silver

Post by Ghost » Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:16 pm

Last edited by Ghost on Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bryannance

Bronze

Post by bryannance » Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:16 pm

ha, not it either

T6Hopeful

Silver

Post by T6Hopeful » Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:17 pm

Kili wrote:Does someone want to call the Admissions Office and ask when the next batch are?

NOT IT! (touches nose)
But... they're presumably closed for the weekend :(

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

bryannance

Bronze

Post by bryannance » Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:19 pm

T6Hopeful wrote:
Kili wrote:Does someone want to call the Admissions Office and ask when the next batch are?

NOT IT! (touches nose)
I can head up there on the 1 train and check, if you want. ;)

Ghost

Silver

Post by Ghost » Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:19 pm

Last edited by Ghost on Tue Aug 30, 2011 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

T6Hopeful

Silver

Post by T6Hopeful » Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:24 pm

bryannance wrote:
T6Hopeful wrote:

NOT IT! (touches nose)
I can head up there on the 1 train and check, if you want. ;)
Haha, but you'd be wasting $2.25!
I'll be grabbing dinner in the city tonight, but not until much later.

shanemahsa

Silver

Post by shanemahsa » Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:42 pm

Definitely not it! :P

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

obrienfa

Bronze

Post by obrienfa » Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:59 pm

I also just got an email for fall grades - 3.7 and a 171 LSAT.

T6Hopeful

Silver

Post by T6Hopeful » Fri Dec 03, 2010 7:31 pm

obrienfa wrote:I also just got an email for fall grades - 3.7 and a 171 LSAT.
:shock: RD or ED?

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:23 pm

What are your dates? I wonder if they would ask for mine.

Excellence = a Habit

Silver

Post by Excellence = a Habit » Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:40 pm

T6Hopeful wrote:
According to obrienfa's LSN profile she is not ED to CLS.

We are numbers twins.

OBrienfa...

You have made my weekend. TY.

Of course maybe she just didn't mention ED on LSN. But Actually that would still be pretty exciting.

PS: sorry for stalking you on LSN, I realize that's minorly creepy.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

greendc115

New

Post by greendc115 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:20 pm

For what it's worth, I thought it might be helpful to offer my own experiences on the "why haven't I heard from ____ law school yet" question.

Really, I think it's just impossible to tell with these things.

My grades combined with my LSAT are pretty straightforward, no splitting, and I didn't have to attach an addendum explaining why I could not complete/dropped/failed a class or explaining any sort of academic leave of absence, alcohol violation or what have you. So no ambiguity on that front which may have made for easier reading/decision making or something? Also, there is no waiting for my final GPA or anything either as I have been out of school for 2 years.

With regards to schools that I heard from/did not hear from, I submitted nearly all of my apps by the middle of October - everything in my LSAC profile was complete (i.e. transcripts and LORs) so there was no waiting on that end, and my application was complete at most schools fairly quickly. While I heard from several schools in mid October to late November, there were many many other schools that I did not hear even a peep from. These include Berkeley, UChicago, UPenn, and NYU. It was as if my app was sitting forgotten in the UR pile at these places, while acceptances where pouring in for other applicants. So I hope this helps a little? If not, well then my apologies for taking up so much room...

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:22 pm

Excellence = a Habit wrote:
T6Hopeful wrote:
According to obrienfa's LSN profile she is not ED to CLS.

We are numbers twins.

OBrienfa...

You have made my weekend. TY.

Of course maybe she just didn't mention ED on LSN. But Actually that would still be pretty exciting.

PS: sorry for stalking you on LSN, I realize that's minorly creepy.
She said in the Berkeley thread that she didn't ED anywhere.

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:24 pm

greendc115 wrote:For what it's worth, I thought it might be helpful to offer my own experiences on the "why haven't I heard from ____ law school yet" question.

My grades combined with my LSAT are pretty straightforward, no splitting, and I didn't have to attach an addendum explaining why I could not complete/dropped/failed a class or explaining any sort of academic leave of absence, alcohol violation or what have you. So no ambiguity on that front which may have made for easier reading/decision making or something? Also, there is no waiting for my final GPA or anything either as I have been out of school for 2 years.

With regards to schools that I heard from/did not hear from, I submitted nearly all of my apps by the middle of October - everything in my LSAC profile was complete (i.e. transcripts and LORs) so there was no waiting on that end, and my application was complete at most schools fairly quickly. While I heard from several schools in mid October to late November, there were many many other schools that I did not hear even a peep from. These include Berkeley, UChicago, UPenn, and NYU. It was as if my app was sitting forgotten in the UR pile at these places, while acceptances where pouring in for other applicants. So I hope this helps a little? If not, well then my apologies for taking up so much room...
UChi will not admit anyone until next year. UPenn starts next week. NYU today. So I don't think you are really behind anyone at these schools.

greendc115

New

Post by greendc115 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:31 pm

r6_philly wrote:
greendc115 wrote:For what it's worth, I thought it might be helpful to offer my own experiences on the "why haven't I heard from ____ law school yet" question.

UChi will not admit anyone until next year. UPenn starts next week. NYU today. So I don't think you are really behind anyone at these schools.
Oh my bad, all the threads here that say "________ Law School 2011!" mislead me (didn't really read any of these)...So fine, post FAIL just SCROLL DOWN everyone....

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:35 pm

greendc115 wrote:
Oh my bad, all the threads here that say "________ Law School 2011!" mislead me (didn't really read any of these)...So fine, post FAIL just SCROLL DOWN everyone....

It's cool. Eager Beavers :lol: Everyone is just anticipating. Don't worry, they secretly enjoy it.

hiddenfist

New

Post by hiddenfist » Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:37 pm

egyptianprescription wrote:Just got a fall grades request as well. 3.99 GPA...
Me too, same GPA. Are you ED?

Does this mean there is no way we hear before fall grades are out?

bistduverrueckt

Bronze

Post by bistduverrueckt » Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:40 pm

Anybody else applied around 11/10 and still completion pending? I know the general consensus is more than the two week period but I guess I'm just one of those nervous types.

cz2209

New

Post by cz2209 » Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:45 pm

Are all these fall grade requests for ED or RD people? Thanks!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”