Columbia 2011! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
GraniteState

New

Re: Columbia 2011!

Post by GraniteState » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:09 pm

caligulove wrote:if coverage of the deaths of more than 300 people calms you down then go right ahead. I take it human rights law won't be your area of interest? go educate yourself.
Irony is subtle. Just for you, I added
GraniteState wrote:Edit: Ironic humor to put things in perspective, people, calm down. It's possible to take current events seriously without taking yourself so seriously...
Edit: bbcode fail
Last edited by GraniteState on Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

subtle

Silver

Post by subtle » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:10 pm

CastleRock wrote:
Fresh wrote:
CastleRock wrote:Ok guys, so some interesting news to report on my front.

For those of you who don't know my situation, I am in the forgotten group, my application was submitted in december, and both my numbers are above the 75th percentile. I was just able to confirm that no decision has been rendered on my file. Meaning no VCE or rejection has been mailed to me, no hold or waitlist, just nothing.

I don't know what the fuck to think and I am ready to cry.
Did u call?
yep
Thoughts on calling. I would almost be relieved to know that no decision has been made. What did you say when you called?

Gold

Post by 4102011 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:11 pm

law_monkey wrote:
CastleRock wrote:
Fresh wrote:

For those of you who don't know my situation, I am in the forgotten group, my application was submitted in december, and both my numbers are above the 75th percentile. I was just able to confirm that no decision has been rendered on my file. Meaning no VCE or rejection has been mailed to me, no hold or waitlist, just nothing.

Did u call?
yep
ARE YOU SERIOUS??? So that means that some of the forgotten (maybe not all of us, but I'm sure it's not just you) literally don't have decisions yet? I wonder why they didn't just hold you then? :(
Awww CR *hugs* How are we so weird that they held other people but nothing for us??

law_monkey

Gold

Post by law_monkey » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:14 pm

subtle wrote:
CastleRock wrote:
Fresh wrote:

Did u call?
yep
Thoughts on calling. I would almost be relieved to know that no decision has been made. What did you say when you called?
I kind of want to call now too. Maybe if I frame it in a way to find out if it's worth sending in updates.

WestOfTheRest

Silver

Post by WestOfTheRest » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:16 pm

I don't know what this means. I imagine I'm not alone, but this just makes no sense. By all stretch of the imagination I'm autoadmit at CLS. I shouldn't have gotten in to chicago, but cls was a sure bet. WTF!?

Edit: if you wanna know what I said I can tell you over pm, but I'm not talking about it on here.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

arism87

Silver

Post by arism87 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:17 pm

CastleRock wrote:I don't know what this means. I imagine I'm not alone, but this just makes no sense. By all stretch of the imagination I'm autoadmit at CLS. I shouldn't have gotten in to chicago, but cls was a sure bet. WTF!?

Edit: if you wanna know what I said I can tell you over pm, but I'm not talking about it on here.
How do you figure?

glitched

Silver

Post by glitched » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:18 pm

CastleRock wrote:I don't know what this means. I imagine I'm not alone, but this just makes no sense. By all stretch of the imagination I'm autoadmit at CLS. I shouldn't have gotten in to chicago, but cls was a sure bet. WTF!?

?

Fresh

Silver

Post by Fresh » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:19 pm

glitched wrote:

?

WestOfTheRest

Silver

Post by WestOfTheRest » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:20 pm

glitched wrote:

?
I'm international, Chicago appears to have a deep seated hate for us non-american type.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

dot

Bronze

Post by dot » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:27 pm

Fresh wrote:
CastleRock wrote:
Fresh wrote:
Did u call?
yep
Pretty annoying. Wonder if I'm in the same boat. Wonder what they're waiting for. Wonder why I'm still wondering..
Maybe they're still considering you for a scholly?

incompetentia

Gold

Post by incompetentia » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:27 pm

CR, with your numbers, IF we assume that the applicant pool is down this year as previously postulated, it's possible that CLS may be holding out on applications like yours to determine a monetary award. I don't see any other reason for the 4.55+ index people to be held this long (certainly without an official hold), unless you make it a habit to robs drug dealers.

WestOfTheRest

Silver

Post by WestOfTheRest » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:37 pm

incompetentia wrote:CR, with your numbers, IF we assume that the applicant pool is down this year as previously postulated, it's possible that CLS may be holding out on applications like yours to determine a monetary award. I don't see any other reason for the 4.55+ index people to be held this long (certainly without an official hold), unless you make it a habit to robs drug dealers.
I hope you're right. This is such a terrible process.

Casey2889

Bronze

Post by Casey2889 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:51 pm

hey guys some good news from those who haven't been admitted yet via VCE. i got the following e-mail today:
Hello XXXXX,

We hope this email finds you well and congratulations (once again) on your acceptance to Columbia Law School. Our students are excited about the prospect of having you join them at Columbia next fall and are eager to share their experiences with you, as well as answer any questions you might have. We wanted to let you know that one of our current students (or other members of the Columbia community) may be giving you a call in the next few weeks, so if you receive a call from an unfamiliar area code, answer it - it may be your future classmate!

We look forward to seeing you on our campus soon.

Warm wishes,

The Admissions Team

Columbia Law School
i actually go to Columbia UG and it looks like the snow delayed my mail from, uh, crossing amsterdam avenue. so for those of you who might be further away, good news could be on the way!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

WestOfTheRest

Silver

Post by WestOfTheRest » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:53 pm

Casey2889 wrote:hey guys some good news from those who haven't been admitted yet via VCE. i got the following e-mail today:
Hello XXXXX,

We hope this email finds you well and congratulations (once again) on your acceptance to Columbia Law School. Our students are excited about the prospect of having you join them at Columbia next fall and are eager to share their experiences with you, as well as answer any questions you might have. We wanted to let you know that one of our current students (or other members of the Columbia community) may be giving you a call in the next few weeks, so if you receive a call from an unfamiliar area code, answer it - it may be your future classmate!

Warm wishes,

The Admissions Team

Columbia Law School
i actually go to Columbia UG and it looks like the snow delayed my mail from, uh, crossing amsterdam avenue. so for those of you who might be further away, good news could be on the way!
why did you get an email?

mel2010

Bronze

Post by mel2010 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:54 pm

CastleRock wrote:
Casey2889 wrote:hey guys some good news from those who haven't been admitted yet via VCE. i got the following e-mail today:
Hello XXXXX,

Warm wishes,

The Admissions Team

Columbia Law School
It looks like this wasn't an acceptance e-mail, just an update from the adcomm to previously admitted students. I think the point is that even if you haven't gotten a VCE, you could find out about acceptance if you get this e-mail today.

jman77

Silver

Post by jman77 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:55 pm

Yup, looks like the e-mail went out to all applicants admitted so far.

Casey2889

Bronze

Post by Casey2889 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:55 pm

mel2010 wrote:
CastleRock wrote:
Hello XXXXX,

Warm wishes,

The Admissions Team

Columbia Law School
It looks like this wasn't an acceptance e-mail, just an update from the adcomm to previously admitted students. I think the point is that even if you haven't gotten a VCE, you could find out about acceptance if you get this e-mail today.
exactly.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

glitched

Silver

Post by glitched » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:56 pm

Haha if that's true... moving on and getting over Columbia begins... right ... about... now.

piccolittle

Silver

Post by piccolittle » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:58 pm

jman77 wrote:Yup, looks like the e-mail went out to all applicants admitted so far.
Except EDers? I didn't get it.

annie2010

Bronze

Post by annie2010 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:59 pm

piccolittle wrote:
jman77 wrote:Yup, looks like the e-mail went out to all applicants admitted so far.
We don't need to be convinced by cheery 2Ls to go there. lol

alphamoose

Bronze

Post by alphamoose » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:00 pm

glitched wrote:Haha if that's true... moving on and getting over Columbia begins... right ... about... now.
Looks like I'll be joining you. :( I'm sure I'll get my ding any day now.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

easternstandardtime1

New

Post by easternstandardtime1 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:00 pm

Does this include the 2/2 postmark batch??

incompetentia

Gold

Post by incompetentia » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:00 pm

glitched wrote:Haha if that's true... moving on and getting over Columbia begins... right ... about... now.
Yeah. Well, shit.

Hopefully they're only sending these out like a week or two after your letter gets posted (entirely possible in my mind).

jman77

Silver

Post by jman77 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:01 pm

annie2010 wrote:
piccolittle wrote:
We don't need to be convinced by cheery 2Ls to go there. lol
Lol, there might be some merit to this. They already know you're attending, after all :)

Edit: Are there really such things as cheery Columbia 2L's? Hehe
Last edited by jman77 on Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

jman77

Silver

Post by jman77 » Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:02 pm

easternstandardtime1 wrote:
Does this include the 2/2 postmark batch??
Not sure. I was part of the 1/24 batch. Anyone from later dates get the same e-mail?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”