Columbia 2011! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
CosmoLaw

Bronze

Re: Columbia 2011!

Post by CosmoLaw » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:22 pm

CastleRock wrote:
CosmoLaw wrote:
Then I suppose mine is a rejection. No email.
I've only heard of one case so I don't know. I didn't get one and I'm a little pissed about it. But I guess let's just wait and see.

Plus, I'm calling them tomorrow to find out. hahaha

You're Canadian I presume?

hellome

Bronze

Post by hellome » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:22 pm

CastleRock wrote:
awahoya wrote:
CastleRock wrote:
awahoya wrote:Sorry to revisit this- but is the consensus that the only people that got e-mails abroad today are the ones that ED'ed and already found out?
no.
Hmm, gotcha, thanks.
Abroads have got acceptance emails today.
REALLY? what the hell...WHEN/WHO?
Last edited by hellome on Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SentinelsOfEvil

Bronze

Post by SentinelsOfEvil » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:22 pm

CastleRock wrote:
awahoya wrote:
CastleRock wrote:
awahoya wrote:Sorry to revisit this- but is the consensus that the only people that got e-mails abroad today are the ones that ED'ed and already found out?
no.
Hmm, gotcha, thanks.
Abroads have got acceptance emails today.
Damn, no e-mail. I'm assuming that it is a WL or a rejection then.

WestOfTheRest

Silver

Post by WestOfTheRest » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:23 pm

CosmoLaw wrote:
CastleRock wrote:
CosmoLaw wrote:
I've only heard of one case so I don't know. I didn't get one and I'm a little pissed about it. But I guess let's just wait and see.

I am, yes, but last cycle canadians got emails.

CosmoLaw

Bronze

Post by CosmoLaw » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:24 pm

CastleRock wrote:
CosmoLaw wrote:
CastleRock wrote:
CosmoLaw wrote:

I am, yes, but last cycle canadians got emails.

Yeah, I'm getting a bit worried, but then again, I didn't expect an acceptance.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Soda Mixer

New

Post by Soda Mixer » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:25 pm

jtemp320 wrote:
arism87 wrote:
jdstl wrote:Have to wait to Thursday (according to the calculator) for Missouri...Noooooooooooo
Can I get a link to this calculator? I looked but I'm struggling. I never use snail mail, don't even know what I'm looking for, really.. lol
+1 looked back through this thread but its gotten crazy - link please?
--LinkRemoved--

I think this is what people are referring to. Select 10027 as the FROM zip, yours as the TO, and choose large envelope (8 oz). On the next page, click on First Class mail and it will have an expected delivery date.

arism87

Silver

Post by arism87 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:26 pm

Soda Mixer wrote:
jtemp320 wrote:
arism87 wrote:
jdstl wrote:Have to wait to Thursday (according to the calculator) for Missouri...Noooooooooooo
Can I get a link to this calculator? I looked but I'm struggling. I never use snail mail, don't even know what I'm looking for, really.. lol
+1 looked back through this thread but its gotten crazy - link please?
--LinkRemoved--

I think this is what people are referring to. Select 10027 as the FROM zip, yours as the TO, and choose large envelope (8 oz). On the next page, click on First Class mail and it will have an expected delivery date.
Thanks!!

WestOfTheRest

Silver

Post by WestOfTheRest » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:26 pm

for all those who are abroad and have yet to receive an email, relax. Plenty of people abroad have yet to receive the email, even with numbers that are pretty much auto-admit at CLS. So don't worry, calm down, relax, and wait and see. Last year decisions were posted for a few weeks.

hellome

Bronze

Post by hellome » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:27 pm

CastleRock wrote:for all those who are abroad and have yet to receive an email, relax. Plenty of people abroad have yet to receive the email, even with numbers that are pretty much auto-admit at CLS. So don't worry, calm down, relax, and wait and see. Last year decisions were posted for a few weeks.
thanks, i needed that...

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

birdlaw117

Gold

Post by birdlaw117 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:29 pm

CastleRock wrote:for all those who are abroad and have yet to receive an email, relax. Plenty of people abroad have yet to receive the email, even with numbers that are pretty much auto-admit at CLS. So don't worry, calm down, relax, and wait and see. Last year decisions were posted for a few weeks.
I could be wrong, but I think the only abroad email was an ED acceptance getting Admitted Student Site info...

Edit: Totally possible I missed it though, this thread moved FAST today

WestOfTheRest

Silver

Post by WestOfTheRest » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:30 pm

birdlaw117 wrote:
I could be wrong, but I think the only abroad email was an ED acceptance getting Admitted Student Site info...

FYI its not in the thread.

jtemp320

Bronze

Post by jtemp320 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:32 pm

--LinkRemoved--

Thanks! For my fellow LA people - I believe this thing shows Friday is expected delivery day if it was sent yesterday... of course, that wont stop me from racing home to check the mail tomm and Thursday...
Last edited by jtemp320 on Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

birdlaw117

Gold

Post by birdlaw117 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:32 pm

CastleRock wrote:
birdlaw117 wrote:

FYI its not in the thread.
Pretty sure law school admissions outside of TLS doesn't exist... so I call shenanigans. :wink:

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

TrustMeI'mAnActress

Bronze

Post by TrustMeI'mAnActress » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:32 pm

Did anyone outside of NYC get an envelope today??

Gold

Post by 4102011 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:33 pm

alicen wrote:is the consensus really that if you don't get in with this first batch of acceptance letters, you're destined for WL/reject? :(
It depends on when you submitted, I'm pretty sure. Like, September/October, pretty much.

And apparently last year how they did it with RD international people was waited until a couple days after they sent the letters in the US, i.e. within the next few days?

WestOfTheRest

Silver

Post by WestOfTheRest » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:34 pm

birdlaw117 wrote:Pretty sure law school admissions outside of TLS doesn't exist... so I call shenanigans. :wink:
If it helps you visualize it, it was a tls admissions. Just behind the scenes if you will.

thecilent

Gold

Post by thecilent » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:34 pm

dulcatis wrote:
alicen wrote:is the consensus really that if you don't get in with this first batch of acceptance letters, you're destined for WL/reject? :(
It depends on when you submitted, I'm pretty sure. Like, September/October, pretty much.
Okay I'm officially scared for my mail tomorrow.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

7ED

Bronze

Post by 7ED » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:36 pm

Wait, so Canadians don't get a package they get an e-mail?

Gold

Post by 4102011 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:37 pm

thecilent wrote:
dulcatis wrote:
I made my bf promise to hold my hand while I open the mailbox tomorrow :(

Also, making brownies tonight so I have something delicious and chocolatey awaiting me if there's nothing! + a bottle of wine...

I AM PREPARED FOR ANYTHING.

WestOfTheRest

Silver

Post by WestOfTheRest » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:38 pm

7ED wrote:
Wait, so Canadians don't get a package they get an e-mail?
They still get the package but they get the email first due to the length of time to deliver the package (I assume this is the reason)

starrydreamz3

Silver

Post by starrydreamz3 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:40 pm

dulcatis wrote:
thecilent wrote:
dulcatis wrote:
I made my bf promise to hold my hand while I open the mailbox tomorrow :(

Also, making brownies tonight so I have something delicious and chocolatey awaiting me if there's nothing! + a bottle of wine...

I AM PREPARED FOR ANYTHING.
You are so on top of this.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Zatarra

New

Post by Zatarra » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:43 pm

Well, crap. Futzing with that USPS calculator reveals that basically all of the NYC envelopes should have been delivered in just one day. So, if any of us got one, that can't be a good sign for those of us who didn't (sigh). But, uhh, maybe the stack was reeeeaaaallly big, and they just couldn't carry it all down to the mailing room all at once. And uh, they were really tired after that first big stack, and just, you know, called it quits for the day. Yeah. That has to be it. Definitely.
Last edited by Zatarra on Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gold

Post by 4102011 » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:44 pm

Zatarra wrote:Well, crap. Futzing with that USPS calculator reveals that basically all of the NYC envelopes should have been delivered in just one day. So, if any of us got one, that's can't be a good sign for those of us who didn't. But, uhh, maybe the stack was reeeeaaaallly big, and they just couldn't carry it all down to the mailing room all at once. And uh, they were really tired after that first big stack, and just, you know, called it quits for the day. Yeah. That has to be it. Definitely.
Well, last year the TLS thread showed NYCers getting it over two days! As does LSN (I did a LOT of stalking). So basically, give up hope after tomorrow. But there's still a chance :/

CosmoLaw

Bronze

Post by CosmoLaw » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:44 pm

Zatarra wrote:Well, crap. Futzing with that USPS calculator reveals that basically all of the NYC envelopes should have been delivered in just one day. So, if any of us got one, that's can't be a good sign for those of us who didn't. But, uhh, maybe the stack was reeeeaaaallly big, and they just couldn't carry it all down to the mailing room all at once. And uh, they were really tired after that first big stack, and just, you know, called it quits for the day. Yeah. That has to be it. Definitely.

You're in Harvard AND Stanford. Have a Drink. lol

Zatarra

New

Post by Zatarra » Tue Jan 25, 2011 8:46 pm

CosmoLaw wrote: You're in Harvard AND Stanford. Have a Drink. lol
Haha, true. But, I'd really love to have the option to stay in NYC!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”