When do the acceptance/rejection letters start showing up?

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
longdaysjourney

When do the acceptance/rejection letters start showing up?

Postby longdaysjourney » Fri Sep 03, 2010 11:34 am

My applications will be submitted to 8 of the t-14 by late October, early November. When, approximately, will I start hearing back? When will be the latest I hear back?

NU_Jet55

Re: When do the acceptance/rejection letters start showing up?

Postby NU_Jet55 » Fri Sep 03, 2010 12:35 pm

It depends on the school and how qualified an applicant you are. Sometimes auto admits find out in a week. Sometimes borderline applicants don't find out for 6 months.

pertristis

Postby pertristis » Fri Sep 03, 2010 1:04 pm

Go to LSN, search each school by application date from last cycle. You'll have your answer.

(Some schools, like Cornell and NU, go by date the application was complete. Others, like NYU, seem to pick whom they really want from the pool first, then start looking at everyone else later. A mass waitlist happens to all borderline candidates at the end. And then there are some schools, like WashU, that seem to accept in the order that applications were completed, but send out holds/waitlists/denials only at the very end.)

2ofspades

Postby 2ofspades » Fri Sep 03, 2010 7:04 pm

NU_Jet55 wrote:Sometimes auto admits find out in a week. Sometimes borderline applicants don't find out for 6 months.

Or longer.

MURPH

Postby MURPH » Sun Sep 05, 2010 6:40 am

last cycle the first admit was from Duke, within a week of applying. There are probably still a few people from last cycle waiting to hear from Cornell still.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”