Ohio State 2011 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Spinozist21

Re: Ohio State 2011 Applicants

Postby Spinozist21 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:57 pm

Magnifique1908

Postby Magnifique1908 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:57 pm

Spinozist21 wrote:
Magnifique1908 wrote:
lifestooquick wrote:Oh, I'm sure I've mentioned this but I live in Columbus so if anyone has questions about it I can try and answer them! :)

I'm a Clevelander. I have a question. Why can't you guys drive? :lol:

Why does your football team suck?

The Eagles do not suck.....

Oh, you mean the doo doo Browns? Ask a Browns fan, I wouldn't know :lol:

Now talk about the Cavs and I'll virtually slap you for real :lol:

Spinozist21

Postby Spinozist21 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:58 pm

lifestooquick wrote:
Magnifique1908 wrote:
lifestooquick wrote:Oh, I'm sure I've mentioned this but I live in Columbus so if anyone has questions about it I can try and answer them! :)

OMG, people in Cbus really can't drive. It's ridiculous. It's snowing for the first time today and people were already being stupid.

I learned to drive in the snow in Alaska so I don't count as a Columbus driver :)

You lived in Alaska? OSU has to let you in now! :lol:

Spinozist21

Postby Spinozist21 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:59 pm

Magnifique1908 wrote:
Spinozist21 wrote:
Magnifique1908 wrote:

Why does your football team suck?

The Eagles do not suck.....

Oh, you mean the doo doo Browns? Ask a Browns fan, I wouldn't know :lol:

Now talk about the Cavs and I'll virtually slap you for real :lol:

HAHAHA...Hey you guys get LeBron back soon..........in a HEAT uniform. :lol: :lol: :lol:

lifestooquick

Postby lifestooquick » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:59 pm

My husband is a Browns fan (he's from Akron). I'm a Packers fan but I've become a somewhat Browns fan by association. They're actually playing surprisingly well this year (even if they're record doesn't show it).

I am a Cavs fan...I tried to get tix to the game tomorrow but didn't manage it :( Magnifique - I bet it's gonna be crazy up there!!

Magnifique1908

Postby Magnifique1908 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:00 pm

lifestooquick wrote:
Magnifique1908 wrote:

OMG, people in Cbus really can't drive. It's ridiculous. It's snowing for the first time today and people were already being stupid.

I learned to drive in the snow in Alaska so I don't count as a Columbus driver :)

Oh ok, you're good :lol:

I freaking hate Columbus drivers. Its snowing for the first time here too. I don't know why people act like its the first time they've seen snow and have to re-learn how to drive each year. Hello! We live in Ohio, it happens, stop being scary or get off the road :lol:

lifestooquick

Postby lifestooquick » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:00 pm

Spinozist21 wrote:
lifestooquick wrote:
Magnifique1908 wrote:

You lived in Alaska? OSU has to let you in now! :lol:

Yeah, I'm a military brat so I've lived all over (which is what I wrote my diversity statement about). I went to high school in Alaska :)

Lwoods

Postby Lwoods » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:01 pm

Magnifique1908 wrote:

I can't drive because I didn't drive for 8 years after high school (and didn't drive on the freeway before this past summer). If you see a white Chrysler with an NYU sticker in the back window going the speed limit, that's me. :D

Not sure what's wrong with the rest of the lot, though. ;) ...And I've heard terrifying things about the drivers in Cleveland.

Magnifique1908

Postby Magnifique1908 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:01 pm

Its true, I'm actually very impressed with the Browns this year. They have been playing well.

I do have tickets to that game tomorrow...and I'm going to show the worst sportsmanship ever :lol: We Clevelanders are sore losers.... 8)

The Heat have been playing like a JV team as of late anyway....

Magnifique1908

Postby Magnifique1908 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:03 pm

Lwoods wrote:
Magnifique1908 wrote:

I can't drive because I didn't drive for 8 years after high school (and didn't drive on the freeway before this past summer). If you see a white Chrysler with an NYU sticker in the back window going the speed limit, that's me. :D

Not sure what's wrong with the rest of the lot, though. ;) ...And I've heard terrifying things about the drivers in Cleveland.

LMAO. You sound like my mom. I purposely asked my dad and stepdad to teach me to drive because she is horrific :lol:

We have a few bad apples up here too but not nearly as bad as Columbus drivers in general :lol: Our bad drivers are probably Cbus transplants :lol:

lifestooquick

Postby lifestooquick » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:05 pm

Magnifique1908 wrote:Its true, I'm actually very impressed with the Browns this year. They have been playing well.

I do have tickets to that game tomorrow...and I'm going to show the worst sportsmanship ever :lol: We Clevelanders are sore losers.... 8)

The Heat have been playing like a JV team as of late anyway....

Please show some horrible sportsmanship on my behalf. BOO LIKE CRAZY!!!!!

Spinozist21

Postby Spinozist21 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:17 pm

Lwoods wrote:
Magnifique1908 wrote:

I have a friend who is like this...still wont drive on freeways and when she does she drives like an 80 year old woman. :lol:

lifestooquick

Postby lifestooquick » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:20 pm

Spinozist21 wrote:
Lwoods wrote:
Magnifique1908 wrote:

I have a friend who is like this...still wont drive on freeways and when she does she drives like an 80 year old woman. :lol:

I have a friend in her mid-20s who has never had a driver's license and I'm pretty sure doesn't intend on ever getting one :shock:

Spinozist21

Postby Spinozist21 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:37 pm

lifestooquick wrote:
Spinozist21 wrote:
Lwoods wrote:
Magnifique1908 wrote:

I have a friend in her mid-20s who has never had a driver's license and I'm pretty sure doesn't intend on ever getting one :shock:

That's crazy. You might be able to get away with that if you live IN DC or NY or Chicago...but damn...no DL ever? Wooo..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Did you get in yet? :wink: :lol:

lifestooquick

Postby lifestooquick » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:38 pm

Spinozist21 wrote:Did you get in yet? :wink: :lol:

*runs to status checker*
Nope :(

Spinozist21

Postby Spinozist21 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:41 pm

lifestooquick wrote:
Spinozist21 wrote:Did you get in yet? :wink: :lol:

*runs to status checker*
Nope :(

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry.

ioftendreamoftrains

Postby ioftendreamoftrains » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:41 pm

Accepted last week via e-mail! And as a native Clevelander who has lived in various states/countries, I'd have to say that Ohio drivers in general are terrible. :wink:

Magnifique1908

Postby Magnifique1908 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:44 pm

ioftendreamoftrains wrote:Accepted last week via e-mail! And as a native Clevelander who has lived in various states/countries, I'd have to say that Ohio drivers in general are terrible. :wink:

Interesting. After spending years of my life in NY (City and up-state) and repeatedly visiting places like Chicago and Atlanta....I'd call Ohio drivers highly skilled in comparison :lol:

ioftendreamoftrains

Postby ioftendreamoftrains » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:49 pm

I was in New Orleans to visit Tulane last month, and I'll grant that they're definitely skilled compared to NOLA drivers!

Looking forward to hearing scholarship info. I'm pretty confident that I can get residency after a year, but it would be nice to get a bit of money.

lifestooquick

Postby lifestooquick » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:50 pm

Those who have been accepted - have you seen scholly offers yet? Anyone know their general timeline for those?

snowballgirl

Postby snowballgirl » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:51 pm

lifestooquick wrote:Those who have been accepted - have you seen scholly offers yet? Anyone know their general timeline for those?

The email said late Jan early Feb.

lifestooquick

Postby lifestooquick » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:51 pm

snowballgirl wrote:
lifestooquick wrote:Those who have been accepted - have you seen scholly offers yet? Anyone know their general timeline for those?

The email said late Jan early Feb.

Thanks!

Magnifique1908

Postby Magnifique1908 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:52 pm

Nada. I'm trying to remember how long it took me to receive word during my last cycle but I can't. Might be on my old lsn page. I just got the acceptance letter and deposit statement in the mail yesterday. That was all that was in the envelope.

ioftendreamoftrains

Postby ioftendreamoftrains » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:52 pm

Mine just said "in the coming weeks." Good to know that it's more like "in the coming months."

Spinozist21

Postby Spinozist21 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:55 pm

And we can retitle this thread; Ohio: To drive or not to drive.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”