Ohio State 2011 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
2014jd

Re: Ohio State 2011 Applicants

Postby 2014jd » Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:12 am

charlesxavier wrote:
Yup, I noticed that. Here's to hoping that my wife can get a nursing job at one of the OSU medical centers. Not only would that get my resident tuition starting the second semester, but apparently there is a half tuition discount for employee spouses in undergrad, grad, or professional school.

I believe there is a cap on that tuition credit that doesn't quite make it half, but I'm not positive.

Anyone going to the admitted student tailgate/ spring football game?

lifestooquick

Postby lifestooquick » Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:15 am

2014jd wrote:Anyone going to the admitted student tailgate/ spring football game?

My husband and I will be there :)

cj2k14

Postby cj2k14 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:17 am

lifestooquick wrote:
2014jd wrote:Anyone going to the admitted student tailgate/ spring football game?

My husband and I will be there :)

jealous.. I wish I wasn't so far away

LS-boundNYC

Postby LS-boundNYC » Thu Apr 14, 2011 11:45 am

2014jd wrote:

I almost delayed withdrawing as an excuse to go. That'd be too disingenuous, though.

charlesxavier

Postby charlesxavier » Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:20 pm

2014jd wrote:
charlesxavier wrote:
Yup, I noticed that. Here's to hoping that my wife can get a nursing job at one of the OSU medical centers. Not only would that get my resident tuition starting the second semester, but apparently there is a half tuition discount for employee spouses in undergrad, grad, or professional school.

I believe there is a cap on that tuition credit that doesn't quite make it half, but I'm not positive.

Yeah, from what I read it is half tuition, but doesn't include fees, insurance or other costs. I think based on last years numbers it was $9k.

trayball23

Postby trayball23 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:32 pm

where are they allowing us to stay for that weekend?

cmraider

Postby cmraider » Thu Apr 14, 2011 12:41 pm

Is there anyone else out there who hasn't received a decision yet? I've been complete and under review since 2/18. The status checker says it takes between 6-8 weeks to make a decision, and I'm pushing up against the high end of that range. If I still don't have a decision by next week, I'll give them a call. I'm probably a reject anyway, but I'd like some closure.

dans1006

Postby dans1006 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:30 pm

cmraider wrote:Is there anyone else out there who hasn't received a decision yet? I've been complete and under review since 2/18. The status checker says it takes between 6-8 weeks to make a decision, and I'm pushing up against the high end of that range. If I still don't have a decision by next week, I'll give them a call. I'm probably a reject anyway, but I'd like some closure.

I've been complete and under review since 1/14. That's 3 months today. I've decided against OSU regardless but I am quite annoyed by the fact that they haven't even had the decency to waitlist or reject me. I called a few weeks back since my scholarship acceptance deadlines at other schools were approaching and they did tell me that they hoped to have all decisions out by April 15th (tomorrow). But they also said it would take 6 - 8 weeks for a decision and I'm quickly approaching double that time frame. I've heard people say stuff about budget cuts in Ohio being the cause of this but I don't buy that since I didn't have any such problem with other public Ohio institutions. Best of luck to you if this is your #1 choice...

trayball23

Postby trayball23 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:37 pm

I really hope the financial aid/ 2nd round of schollys is soon... Ohio State is my top choice but there is 0 percent chance I will pay sticker

buchy2009

Postby buchy2009 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 12:54 am

Is anyone else going to the ASW tomorrow?

buchy2009

Postby buchy2009 » Fri Apr 15, 2011 11:57 pm

I was just at the first day of the ASW today and great impressions! Is anyone else here???

charlesxavier

Postby charlesxavier » Sat Apr 16, 2011 9:20 am

buchy2009 wrote:I was just at the first day of the ASW today and great impressions! Is anyone else here???

I'm not, my wife couldn't get off of work and I was in Columbus last month and am set on the school so there was no real point. I don't know if you've posted it somewhere already, but have you been to Columbus/OSU before?

lifestooquick

Postby lifestooquick » Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:08 am

Hey guys, financial aid packages are up on appstatus.osu.edu

Lwoods

Postby Lwoods » Sat Apr 16, 2011 11:25 am

lifestooquick wrote:Hey guys, financial aid packages are up on appstatus.osu.edu

...do you see need based aid? I only see my scholarship.

ETA: Crap, it says they don't have my FAFSA on file! :evil:

buckeye1337

Postby buckeye1337 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:20 pm

Yeah, my financial award package is also up on my appstatus. I didn't receive a scholarship the first time around and was hoping that I would get one during the second wave of scholarships. Since my financial aid package has been posted, am I still eligible for a scholarship? I'm assuming that I am and that they would just update it to my financial aid if I got one.

Lwoods

Postby Lwoods » Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:24 pm

buckeye1337 wrote:Yeah, my financial award package is also up on my appstatus. I didn't receive a scholarship the first time around and was hoping that I would get one during the second wave of scholarships. Since my financial aid package has been posted, am I still eligible for a scholarship? I'm assuming that I am and that they would just update it to my financial aid if I got one.

So it had need-based stuff, including stafford loans, etc? I emailed Moritz financial aid. OSU is clearly listed on my FAFSA, so I will be pissed if they didn't get my Moritz finaid application because I faxed it (as instructed).
Last edited by Lwoods on Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

charlesxavier

Postby charlesxavier » Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:27 pm

buckeye1337 wrote:Yeah, my financial award package is also up on my appstatus. I didn't receive a scholarship the first time around and was hoping that I would get one during the second wave of scholarships. Since my financial aid package has been posted, am I still eligible for a scholarship? I'm assuming that I am and that they would just update it to my financial aid if I got one.

Same boat and hoping for the same thing.

buckeye1337

Postby buckeye1337 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 12:34 pm

Lwoods wrote:

So it had need-based stuff, including stafford loans, etc? I emailed Moritz financial aid. OSU is clearly listed on my FAFSA, so I will be pissed if they didn't get my Moritz finaid application because I faxed is (as instructed).

It has both of my Stafford loans (unsub, sub) and my Grad PLUS loan. I was quite surprised that I got it already, since I submitted my FAFSA past the Feb. 15th deadline. They told me that my financial aid package would probably not be with the first wave of financial aid packages sent out. It may have to do with the fact that I'm a current OSU undergrad and that it may be easier for them to process me.

I would definitely get a hold with the financial aid office to see what's up. Hopefully, they just didn't post all the packages at once and are being slow (again!).

Lwoods

Postby Lwoods » Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:21 pm

buckeye1337 wrote:
Lwoods wrote:
So it had need-based stuff, including stafford loans, etc? I emailed Moritz financial aid. OSU is clearly listed on my FAFSA, so I will be pissed if they didn't get my Moritz finaid application because I faxed is (as instructed).

It has both of my Stafford loans (unsub, sub) and my Grad PLUS loan. I was quite surprised that I got it already, since I submitted my FAFSA past the Feb. 15th deadline. They told me that my financial aid package would probably not be with the first wave of financial aid packages sent out. It may have to do with the fact that I'm a current OSU undergrad and that it may be easier for them to process me.

I would definitely get a hold with the financial aid office to see what's up. Hopefully, they just didn't post all the packages at once and are being slow (again!).

Yeah... My last name begins with W, so hopefully it's just alphabetical order or something. ;)

Lwoods

Postby Lwoods » Sat Apr 16, 2011 2:08 pm

Okay. First, Marc is awesome because he responded to my email on a Saturday. In less awesome news, the University is showing that they didn't receive my FAFSA. OSU is listed on the form, and because I not only received a confirmation email from FAFSA but also my need based letter from UIUC before I withdrew, I'm pretty confident that I filled out the FAFSA correctly (as opposed to clicking "submit" all the way until the last "ARE YOU SURE???" as I did before once with a CC payment... :oops: ).

Anyway, good luck to those awaiting merit based aid information. I can't imagine this is the final word as far as that goes, as the school will likely have additional funds free up around the deposit deadline. I think current students mentioned receiving aid later into the cycle.

ajw431

Postby ajw431 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:26 pm

Okay. First, Marc is awesome because he responded to my email on a Saturday. In less awesome news, the University is showing that they didn't receive my FAFSA. OSU is listed on the form, and because I not only received a confirmation email from FAFSA but also my need based letter from UIUC before I withdrew, I'm pretty confident that I filled out the FAFSA correctly (as opposed to clicking "submit" all the way until the last "ARE YOU SURE???" as I did before once with a CC payment... ).

Anyway, good luck to those awaiting merit based aid information. I can't imagine this is the final word as far as that goes, as the school will likely have additional funds free up around the deposit deadline. I think current students mentioned receiving aid later into the cycle.

Lwoods, who did you contact at the financial aid office? I'm having a similar issue and would love to get this resolved. Thanks!

Lwoods

Postby Lwoods » Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:11 pm

ajw431 wrote:
Lwoods, who did you contact at the financial aid office? I'm having a similar issue and would love to get this resolved. Thanks!

Marc N. at lawfinaid@osu.edu

Does your last name also begin with W? Maybe [hopefully] the university is just processing FAFSAs in alphabetical order.

ajw431

Postby ajw431 » Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:42 pm

Does your last name also begin with W? Maybe [hopefully] the university is just processing FAFSAs in alphabetical order

Yep, I'm at the end of the alphabet. Right now, the page just says "No award data available at this time." I'm hoping that means they just haven't gotten around to me instead of it meaning I'm not getting any financial aid. As far as I know, they received all the needed information and forms from me.

lifestooquick

Postby lifestooquick » Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:45 pm

I'm early in the alphabet, so maybe they are putting up the awards alphabetically. Although, the section under SFA Summary has said that they have my FAFSA since I submitted it (2/8).

gens1tb

Postby gens1tb » Sat Apr 16, 2011 5:26 pm

I'm mid alphabet, and I have finaid data now.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”