Ohio State 2011 Applicants

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
jwrash
Posts: 261
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:08 pm

Re: Ohio State 2011 Applicants

Postby jwrash » Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:20 pm

In via email! Congrats to everyone who has been admitted thus far!

User avatar
chrisnashville
Posts: 132
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:46 am

Re: Ohio State 2011 Applicants

Postby chrisnashville » Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:22 pm

Just sent in my application last night. I'm wanting to move back to Ohio (from Cincinnati) so OSU is definitely near the top of my list...

Didn't think I'd worry much about the process once I sent my app in, though I've already checked the status checker 3 times to see if I've gone complete ...

...

still nothing ;)

User avatar
lifestooquick
Posts: 1200
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:13 pm

Re: Ohio State 2011 Applicants

Postby lifestooquick » Tue Nov 23, 2010 3:28 pm

chrisnashville wrote:Just sent in my application last night. I'm wanting to move back to Ohio (from Cincinnati) so OSU is definitely near the top of my list...

Didn't think I'd worry much about the process once I sent my app in, though I've already checked the status checker 3 times to see if I've gone complete ...

...

still nothing ;)

check tomorrow - I know I went complete in one day :) Good luck!

jjlaw
Posts: 299
Joined: Thu Dec 31, 2009 1:43 pm

Re: Ohio State 2011 Applicants

Postby jjlaw » Tue Nov 23, 2010 4:56 pm

I applied a couple of days ago and am now complete and under review. I received an e-mail today with log-in information to the Professional Admissions Office website, with an OSU ID number and temp password. Has anyone else gotten this e-mail? As far as I can tell, the website is just OSU's version of an application status checker.

User avatar
chrisnashville
Posts: 132
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 12:46 am

Re: Ohio State 2011 Applicants

Postby chrisnashville » Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:07 pm

Ahh, there it is. Under review. Thanks for the reassuring words guys :D

User avatar
queenlizzie13
Posts: 938
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:30 pm

Re: Ohio State 2011 Applicants

Postby queenlizzie13 » Tue Nov 23, 2010 6:30 pm

jjlaw wrote:I applied a couple of days ago and am now complete and under review. I received an e-mail today with log-in information to the Professional Admissions Office website, with an OSU ID number and temp password. Has anyone else gotten this e-mail? As far as I can tell, the website is just OSU's version of an application status checker.


Yes that is the email I received as well. It is their version of an application status checker as far as I can tell.

User avatar
TTH
Posts: 10378
Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 1:14 am

Re: Ohio State 2011 Applicants

Postby TTH » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:37 am

queenlizzie13 wrote:
jjlaw wrote:I applied a couple of days ago and am now complete and under review. I received an e-mail today with log-in information to the Professional Admissions Office website, with an OSU ID number and temp password. Has anyone else gotten this e-mail? As far as I can tell, the website is just OSU's version of an application status checker.


Yes that is the email I received as well. It is their version of an application status checker as far as I can tell.


Really? They've changed that since last year. We just had the standard LSAC status checker.

User avatar
lifestooquick
Posts: 1200
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:13 pm

Re: Ohio State 2011 Applicants

Postby lifestooquick » Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:42 am

TTH wrote:
queenlizzie13 wrote:
jjlaw wrote:I applied a couple of days ago and am now complete and under review. I received an e-mail today with log-in information to the Professional Admissions Office website, with an OSU ID number and temp password. Has anyone else gotten this e-mail? As far as I can tell, the website is just OSU's version of an application status checker.


Yes that is the email I received as well. It is their version of an application status checker as far as I can tell.


Really? They've changed that since last year. We just had the standard LSAC status checker.

We have the standard LSAC checker as well. But we also have a PeopleSoft checker.

User avatar
Notor
Posts: 391
Joined: Sat May 23, 2009 11:32 am

Re: Ohio State 2011 Applicants

Postby Notor » Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:15 pm

saito816 wrote:I'm in, the original email said deposit due in 3 weeks, but then they sent an updated email to say it's not due until May 1. I'm pretty pumped. Incidentally does anyone know how generous OSU is with financial aid? Texas game me a pretty decent scholarship, so I'm hoping for the best. I really wouldn't mind staying in Ohio (as odd as that sounds :lol: )

If you are above both medians, $12k a year. If you are above the LSAT median and close to the GPA median, $11,000 a year or at least some $$. That's how they do things unless you are a URM.

User avatar
Lwoods
Posts: 1484
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:27 am

Re: Ohio State 2011 Applicants

Postby Lwoods » Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:27 pm

I dropped by the campus B&N today to buy a Moritz shirt! My thought was, "the kids will all be home for Thanksgiving, so it should be easy to find parking and get in and out!" I clearly forgot to factor for the crowds getting ready for tomorrow's Michigan game. :lol:

jeremychristiansen
Posts: 76
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:44 pm

Re: Ohio State 2011 Applicants

Postby jeremychristiansen » Fri Nov 26, 2010 7:44 pm

Notor wrote:
saito816 wrote:I'm in, the original email said deposit due in 3 weeks, but then they sent an updated email to say it's not due until May 1. I'm pretty pumped. Incidentally does anyone know how generous OSU is with financial aid? Texas game me a pretty decent scholarship, so I'm hoping for the best. I really wouldn't mind staying in Ohio (as odd as that sounds :lol: )

If you are above both medians, $12k a year. If you are above the LSAT median and close to the GPA median, $11,000 a year or at least some $$. That's how they do things unless you are a URM.


What if you are AT both medians?

User avatar
The Gentleman
Posts: 670
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:25 am

Re: Ohio State 2011 Applicants

Postby The Gentleman » Mon Nov 29, 2010 1:30 am

Just sent in my app tonight! Looking forward to hearing back!

User avatar
TTH
Posts: 10378
Joined: Mon May 04, 2009 1:14 am

Re: Ohio State 2011 Applicants

Postby TTH » Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:17 pm

Notor wrote:
saito816 wrote:I'm in, the original email said deposit due in 3 weeks, but then they sent an updated email to say it's not due until May 1. I'm pretty pumped. Incidentally does anyone know how generous OSU is with financial aid? Texas game me a pretty decent scholarship, so I'm hoping for the best. I really wouldn't mind staying in Ohio (as odd as that sounds :lol: )

If you are above both medians, $12k a year. If you are above the LSAT median and close to the GPA median, $11,000 a year or at least some $$. That's how they do things unless you are a URM.


75/25 LSAT/GPA splitter gets 11k as well

User avatar
Spinozist21
Posts: 522
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:23 am

Re: Ohio State 2011 Applicants

Postby Spinozist21 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:38 pm

Still under review...dont really have too much of a shot but hopefully I will hear soon.

User avatar
The Gentleman
Posts: 670
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:25 am

Re: Ohio State 2011 Applicants

Postby The Gentleman » Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:02 pm

This may have been answered, but was "File Completed, Under Review" the first status everyone got? I can't believe they're reviewing my app one day after submitting it.

User avatar
lifestooquick
Posts: 1200
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:13 pm

Re: Ohio State 2011 Applicants

Postby lifestooquick » Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:03 pm

The Gentleman wrote:This may have been answered, but was "File Completed, Under Review" the first status everyone got? I can't believe they're reviewing my app one day after submitting it.

Yup. Then it just stays like that until you get a decision (at least I think so).

User avatar
The Gentleman
Posts: 670
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2010 12:25 am

Re: Ohio State 2011 Applicants

Postby The Gentleman » Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:05 pm

lifestooquick wrote:
The Gentleman wrote:This may have been answered, but was "File Completed, Under Review" the first status everyone got? I can't believe they're reviewing my app one day after submitting it.

Yup. Then it just stays like that until you get a decision (at least I think so).


Ahh... I figured as much.

User avatar
Lwoods
Posts: 1484
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:27 am

Re: Ohio State 2011 Applicants

Postby Lwoods » Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:10 pm

lifestooquick wrote:
The Gentleman wrote:This may have been answered, but was "File Completed, Under Review" the first status everyone got? I can't believe they're reviewing my app one day after submitting it.

Yup. Then it just stays like that until you get a decision (at least I think so).


+1

Though, to their credit, they did send a decision within 8 weeks of that UR date. I was afraid I'd have to wait until late-February.

User avatar
lifestooquick
Posts: 1200
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:13 pm

Re: Ohio State 2011 Applicants

Postby lifestooquick » Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:16 pm

Yeah, if their previous decision release cycle holds the next batch should be going out in a couple week (probably the Dec 13-17) I think.

Yes, I spend WAY too much time with Ohio State LSN data.

User avatar
Spinozist21
Posts: 522
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:23 am

Re: Ohio State 2011 Applicants

Postby Spinozist21 » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:42 pm

Hopefully I am one of the ones who gets a mid-December notification.

User avatar
snowballgirl
Posts: 49
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 1:54 am

Re: Ohio State 2011 Applicants

Postby snowballgirl » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:15 pm

In at Ohio! Yay!

User avatar
Spinozist21
Posts: 522
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:23 am

Re: Ohio State 2011 Applicants

Postby Spinozist21 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:16 pm

snowballgirl wrote:In at Ohio! Yay!


When did you go into review?

User avatar
lifestooquick
Posts: 1200
Joined: Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:13 pm

Re: Ohio State 2011 Applicants

Postby lifestooquick » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:18 pm

snowballgirl wrote:In at Ohio! Yay!

Congrats!!

email or status checker?

User avatar
Spinozist21
Posts: 522
Joined: Fri Mar 26, 2010 11:23 am

Re: Ohio State 2011 Applicants

Postby Spinozist21 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:19 pm

lifestooquick wrote:
snowballgirl wrote:In at Ohio! Yay!

Congrats!!

email or status checker?


I think they do both, no?

User avatar
Magnifique1908
Posts: 572
Joined: Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:46 am

Re: Ohio State 2011 Applicants

Postby Magnifique1908 » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:21 pm

They do both. The Status Checker changes and they send an email. Others were getting emails and I hadn't so I checked the status checker and it changed to Admitted - Congratulations.

Congrats snowballgirl!




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”