Ohio State 2011 Applicants Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
TTH

Diamond

Re: Ohio State 2011 Applicants

Post by TTH » Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:07 pm

ZRay1229 wrote:
TTH wrote:
ZRay1229 wrote:Recieved and email today telling me that I would not be getting any scholarships :( It was probably a combination of my borderline numbers (161, 3.95) and the fact that I was Early Decision. They did however add this little nugget at the end of the email:

"In the coming months, some of the students who were offered scholarships may choose to attend other law schools or not attend law school at all. In late April to early May, we will do a second round review of available funds that may be offered as scholarships to those who were not awarded during the first round. If we are able to offer you a scholarship at that time, we will notify you as soon as possible."

So my fingers are crossed. Also it was nice seeing a lot of you in person at ASW (even though I missed the Friday night portion). Hope to see you all in the fall!
FWIW, after the deposit deadline when they look at what scholly money has been left on the table, they prioritize giving money to people who got none before giving more money to people who got some.
That's good to know... Thanks :) Do you happen to know the deposit deadline?
Nope, but I'm sure someone ITT can tell you, or alternatively, I'm sure it's on the admitted students website.

lifestooquick

Silver

Post by lifestooquick » Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:24 pm

TTH wrote:
ZRay1229 wrote: That's good to know... Thanks :) Do you happen to know the deposit deadline?
Nope, but I'm sure someone ITT can tell you, or alternatively, I'm sure it's on the admitted students website.
It would be...if our admitted students website was actually functioning :( (unless I'm missing something, I've only managed to find the Class of 2013's admitted site).

The deadline is May 1, btw :)

TTH

Diamond

Post by TTH » Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:29 pm

lifestooquick wrote:
TTH wrote:
ZRay1229 wrote: That's good to know... Thanks :) Do you happen to know the deposit deadline?
It would be...if our admitted students website was actually functioning :( (unless I'm missing something, I've only managed to find the Class of 2013's admitted site).
Budget cuts. It was either a c/o 14 website or moar free pizza, sorry

lifestooquick

Silver

Post by lifestooquick » Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:30 pm

TTH wrote:
lifestooquick wrote:
TTH wrote:
Budget cuts. It was either a c/o 14 website or moar free pizza, sorry
Free pizza always wins! :lol:

TTH

Diamond

Post by TTH » Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:34 pm

You'll be astounded at how quickly and completely you become sick of pizza.
...and even more astounded that you continue to eat it

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

lifestooquick

Silver

Post by lifestooquick » Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:37 pm

TTH wrote:You'll be astounded at how quickly and completely you become sick of pizza.
Yeah, UG was like that too. For some reason, my UG was obsessed with having "Icre Cream Socials" for everything...I was so freaking sick of ice cream.

Lwoods

Silver

Post by Lwoods » Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:36 pm

TTH wrote:You'll be astounded at how quickly and completely you become sick of pizza.
Ugh, I just had pizza for lunch today and it made me sick. They should have free salad. Or free sushi. Or free pasta. Or free Indian food. Or, omg, free falafel.

That was the nice thing about NYU. We always had a good variety of free food. :D

lifestooquick

Silver

Post by lifestooquick » Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:47 pm

Lwoods wrote:
Ugh, I just had pizza for lunch today and it made me sick. They should have free salad. Or free sushi. Or free pasta. Or free Indian food. Or, omg, free falafel.

That was the nice thing about NYU. We always had a good variety of free food. :D
Free falafel FTW...I wonder if Ali Baba would deliver to the law school? Probably not since I don't think they deliver at all.

There are a TON of food places up and down High Street...they should expand beyond the pizza.

Lwoods

Silver

Post by Lwoods » Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:49 pm

lifestooquick wrote:
Lwoods wrote:

Free falafel FTW...I wonder if Ali Baba would deliver to the law school? Probably not since I don't think they deliver at all.

There are a TON of food places up and down High Street...they should expand beyond the pizza.
I actually haven't had falafel in Columbus yet. Ali Baba's the place to go?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

lifestooquick

Silver

Post by lifestooquick » Tue Mar 08, 2011 4:53 pm

Lwoods wrote:
lifestooquick wrote:
Lwoods wrote:

I actually haven't had falafel in Columbus yet. Ali Baba's the place to go?
Ali Baba is good on-campus falafel. Pita Hut way up by my office (North Clintonville area) is my favorite right now though.

Have you been to Cafe Istanbul out at Easton? Amazing turkish food and pretty good falafel appetizer :)

TTH

Diamond

Post by TTH » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:09 pm

lifestooquick wrote:
Lwoods wrote:

Most student orgs don't have the budget for anything other than pizza. Everyone gets these huge sheet pizzas from Adriatico's due to economy of scale.

The Federalist Society, however, gets outside funding and occasionally has barbecue, sandwiches, and Indian food, all of which are very credited.

Clarification: I'm not a Federalist Society member and find most of their guest speakers lol-worthy, but I have no problem whoring myself for some chicken tikka.

Lwoods

Silver

Post by Lwoods » Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:20 pm

lifestooquick wrote:Ali Baba is good on-campus falafel. Pita Hut way up by my office (North Clintonville area) is my favorite right now though.

Have you been to Cafe Istanbul out at Easton? Amazing turkish food and pretty good falafel appetizer :)
I haven't... you'll need to give me a list of good veg friendly restaurants in Cbus. :)

...And then take me there b/c the husband isn't quite as adventurous.
TTH wrote:
Most student orgs don't have the budget for anything other than pizza. Everyone gets these huge sheet pizzas from Adriatico's due to economy of scale.

The Federalist Society, however, gets outside funding and occasionally has barbecue, sandwiches, and Indian food, all of which are very credited.

Clarification: I'm not a Federalist Society member and find most of their guest speakers lol-worthy, but I have no problem whoring myself for some chicken tikka.
How much are falafel here? In Greenwich Village, a falafel is roughly the same price as a slice of pizza ($2).
But yay, Federalist Society! Haha.

rli66

Bronze

Post by rli66 » Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:13 pm

Withdrew today. I guess I won't be reading this thread as often.

Good luck to you all! For those that want to keep in touch, http://www.lawschoolnumbers.com/dc496

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

trayball23

Bronze

Post by trayball23 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 1:10 am

what a charming email from OSU saying they won't give me a cent.... ouch buckeyes dat reawy hurt

dans1006

Bronze

Post by dans1006 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 6:58 pm

So I'm not getting any kind of scholarship offer from UC which is a bummer. And now I have a surprise last minute offer from UofL where I'm currently located. I'll hit 8 weeks UR on friday with Ohio State and I haven't heard anything... My top 2 schools are yet to acknowledge my existence and it's almost mid March...

Thank goodness next week is spring break. I need to go visit the ocean, drink some adult beverages, and forget about law school for a week.

queenlizzie13

Silver

Post by queenlizzie13 » Wed Mar 09, 2011 8:55 pm

ZRay1229 wrote:Recieved and email today telling me that I would not be getting any scholarships :( It was probably a combination of my borderline numbers (161, 3.95) and the fact that I was Early Decision. They did however add this little nugget at the end of the email:

"In the coming months, some of the students who were offered scholarships may choose to attend other law schools or not attend law school at all. In late April to early May, we will do a second round review of available funds that may be offered as scholarships to those who were not awarded during the first round. If we are able to offer you a scholarship at that time, we will notify you as soon as possible."

So my fingers are crossed. Also it was nice seeing a lot of you in person at ASW (even though I missed the Friday night portion). Hope to see you all in the fall!
I hope you get my $ that I was offered. Only 7.5k/year, but better than nothing, right? I will be withdrawing soon and I have very similar #s to yours.

ZRay1229

New

Post by ZRay1229 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 1:22 am

queenlizzie13 wrote:

I hope you get my $ that I was offered. Only 7.5k/year, but better than nothing, right? I will be withdrawing soon and I have very similar #s to yours.
Ha I'll definitely take 7.5k. Thanks for the support. Too bad you won't be joining us in Columbus this fall...

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

SunDevil07

New

Post by SunDevil07 » Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:37 pm

Just got dinged at 12:35 PM. Good luck to all other OSU apps.

april3141

New

Post by april3141 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:28 pm

SunDevil07 wrote:Just got dinged at 12:35 PM. Good luck to all other OSU apps.

When did you go UR?

charlesxavier

Bronze

Post by charlesxavier » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:31 pm

I was told to "expect a decision by March 15th". So, if I don't hear today then it should be Monday or Tuesday...hopefully.

dans1006

Bronze

Post by dans1006 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 12:47 pm

charlesxavier wrote:I was told to "expect a decision by March 15th". So, if I don't hear today then it should be Monday or Tuesday...hopefully.
Where'd you hear that? I just have this gut feeling my ding is locked, loaded, and headed my way by COB today. I hit 8 weeks UR today.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

brose

Silver

Post by brose » Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:20 pm

charlesxavier wrote:I was told to "expect a decision by March 15th". So, if I don't hear today then it should be Monday or Tuesday...hopefully.
Me too.. I've been complete since November... I'm expecting WL/ding.

charlesxavier

Bronze

Post by charlesxavier » Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:26 pm

dans1006 wrote:
Where'd you hear that? I just have this gut feeling my ding is locked, loaded, and headed my way by COB today. I hit 8 weeks UR today.
It was in an email they sent to applicants that were being "Held" back in January.

SunDevil07

New

Post by SunDevil07 » Fri Mar 11, 2011 2:45 pm

april3141 wrote:
SunDevil07 wrote:Just got dinged at 12:35 PM. Good luck to all other OSU apps.

When did you go UR?

Feb 8th

gens1tb

Bronze

Post by gens1tb » Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:28 pm

Well, I'll have been IR for 8 week next Tuesday.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”