Ohio State 2011 Applicants Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
2014jd

New

Re: Ohio State 2011 Applicants

Post by 2014jd » Fri Apr 22, 2011 4:34 pm

lifestooquick wrote: So I'm signed up for the Spring Game thing tomorrow...but honestly, if it's still raining like this, I'm not sure I really want to go :|
I am with you. If it is raining, I am canceling.

lifestooquick

Silver

Post by lifestooquick » Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:38 am

The weather looks like it may hold off...but I don't think we're going today. We have to drive up to Akron to do Easter with the family and I'd rather drive before the thunderstorms start then end up driving in them.

TTH

Diamond

Post by TTH » Sat Apr 23, 2011 10:49 am

Dear Admitted Students,

Sorry you can't make it, but we appreciate the free food.

Best Wishes,

Current Students

Lwoods

Silver

Post by Lwoods » Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:08 am

TTH wrote:Dear Admitted Students,

Sorry you can't make it, but we appreciate the free food.

Best Wishes,

Current Students
Haha, you're welcome! I thought about coming for the tailgate, but I didn't RSVP because I didn't want to use up a football ticket I didn't want. Blasphemy, I know. ;)

lifestooquick

Silver

Post by lifestooquick » Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:11 am

I feel bad because I did RSVP for tickets for my husband and I...but I didn't realize he wanted to go home for Easter when I signed us up

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

TTH

Diamond

Post by TTH » Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:32 am

When I got here this morning, they gave me a couple tickets. Apparently they have tons of them. Sitting outside now enjoying the temporary respite from the rain and waiting for my fiancee. This is not what I need to be doing a week out from finals

lifestooquick

Silver

Post by lifestooquick » Sat Apr 23, 2011 12:10 pm

TTH wrote:When I got here this morning, they gave me a couple tickets. Apparently they have tons of them. Sitting outside now enjoying the temporary respite from the rain and waiting for my fiancee. This is not what I need to be doing a week out from finals
Honestly, when I saw that they said current students would be there my first thought was, "Yeah right! Finals are like next week!"

Alright, I'm off on my road trip now. The drive to Akron is sooooooooo boring...

Lwoods

Silver

Post by Lwoods » Sun Apr 24, 2011 8:15 am

Seems like there's a pretty good group who have decided on OSU. There's a thread in the class of 2014 forum:

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 8&t=139611

Lwoods

Silver

Post by Lwoods » Tue Apr 26, 2011 9:36 pm

Happy hour next Wednesday in Columbus! PM me for venue. :)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

gens1tb

Bronze

Post by gens1tb » Sun May 01, 2011 3:02 pm

Is sending in a seat deposit binding?

ran12

Silver

Post by ran12 » Sun May 01, 2011 3:20 pm

gens1tb wrote:Is sending in a seat deposit binding?
Only if there's something explicit about it being binding.

trayball23

Bronze

Post by trayball23 » Wed May 04, 2011 5:33 pm

ANyone else get that email abotu scholarships today. It was about a NY times article. Real shady what some of these schools do

lifestooquick

Silver

Post by lifestooquick » Wed May 04, 2011 9:41 pm

My husband and I had a great time tonight! He wanted to say it was nice to meet everyone and I enjoyed seeing you all again :) Looking forward to more meetups (and maybe meeting more people ITT and from the FB group?? Any of you who are in Cbus should join us next time!!) :)

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

cj2k14

New

Post by cj2k14 » Fri May 06, 2011 8:53 pm

trayball23 wrote:ANyone else get that email abotu scholarships today. It was about a NY times article. Real shady what some of these schools do
Yeah I got it as well.. read the NY Times article a few days before the Email. Definitely shady what some of the schools do but thank goodness the info was all over TLS about the stips and curves. This was one of the reasons I was uneasy about my Cardozo scholly. You can tell OSU doesn't partake in it because a 2.5 is generous.. especially since there curve (per Moritz website) is 30% A, 60% B and 10%C so you know their stip is way below median.
lifestooquick wrote:My husband and I had a great time tonight! He wanted to say it was nice to meet everyone and I enjoyed seeing you all again :) Looking forward to more meetups (and maybe meeting more people ITT and from the FB group?? Any of you who are in Cbus should join us next time!!) :)
I can't wait until I move there in mid July!

charcop

New

Post by charcop » Sat May 07, 2011 3:19 am

cj2k14 wrote:
trayball23 wrote:ANyone else get that email abotu scholarships today. It was about a NY times article. Real shady what some of these schools do
Yeah I got it as well.. read the NY Times article a few days before the Email. Definitely shady what some of the schools do but thank goodness the info was all over TLS about the stips and curves. This was one of the reasons I was uneasy about my Cardozo scholly. You can tell OSU doesn't partake in it because a 2.5 is generous.. especially since there curve (per Moritz website) is 30% A, 60% B and 10%C so you know their stip is way below median.
lifestooquick wrote:My husband and I had a great time tonight! He wanted to say it was nice to meet everyone and I enjoyed seeing you all again :) Looking forward to more meetups (and maybe meeting more people ITT and from the FB group?? Any of you who are in Cbus should join us next time!!) :)
I can't wait until I move there in mid July!
My diversity scholly minimum GPA is a 2.0. I figure if I can't even achieve that, I shouldn't be in law school :mrgreen:

pcvmeli

New

Post by pcvmeli » Wed May 18, 2011 11:35 am

deleted
Last edited by pcvmeli on Wed Nov 09, 2011 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lifestooquick

Silver

Post by lifestooquick » Wed May 18, 2011 11:57 am

pcvmeli wrote:I was just offered the Mortiz Scholarhip :lol: :shock: and now don't know what to do! I would love to be in Columbus with my siblings that are living there, especially after 3 years in South America. But I already signed a lease to go to Indiana. What do I do? :?:
CONGRATS!!! I would come to OSU...you can't beat a scholly like that!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Lwoods

Silver

Post by Lwoods » Wed May 18, 2011 12:00 pm

pcvmeli wrote:I was just offered the Mortiz Scholarship :lol: :shock: and now don't know what to do! I would love to be in Columbus with my siblings that are living there, especially after 3 years in South America. But I already signed a lease to go to Indiana. What do I do? :?:
Congrats!! So they changed their mind?

I'd say go with the school you prefer because they'll both be free and despite the ratings difference are seen as peer schools by employers. If you prefer OSU, I imagine you can get out of your lease in Bloomington.

pcvmeli

New

Post by pcvmeli » Wed May 18, 2011 1:37 pm

Lwoods wrote:
pcvmeli wrote:I was just offered the Mortiz Scholarship :lol: :shock: and now don't know what to do! I would love to be in Columbus with my siblings that are living there, especially after 3 years in South America. But I already signed a lease to go to Indiana. What do I do? :?:
Congrats!! So they changed their mind?

I'd say go with the school you prefer because they'll both be free and despite the ratings difference are seen as peer schools by employers. If you prefer OSU, I imagine you can get out of your lease in Bloomington.
That's kinda what I am thinking too! Thanks for the congrats! I am super excited, but also nervous about making this decision. Apparently someone was offered the scholly and denied it, so I was next on the list :)

TommyK

Silver

Post by TommyK » Thu May 19, 2011 10:52 am

pcvmeli wrote:I was just offered the Mortiz Scholarhip :lol: :shock: and now don't know what to do! I would love to be in Columbus with my siblings that are living there, especially after 3 years in South America. But I already signed a lease to go to Indiana. What do I do? :?:
Yeah, you gotta' go with OSU. 40k/yr is not full-ride, and the difference between IUB's offer (while outstanding) and OSU's offer may add up to around $20k, assuming that IUB continues with around a 5% increase per year.

Plus the family, access to public interest, state government, and slightly better employment stats all probably favor OSU (and I say this as a future Hoosier). It's a no-brainer assuming that the Moritz scholarship is reasonable to maintain (and it sounds like it is). Congrats!

pcvmeli

New

Post by pcvmeli » Thu May 19, 2011 4:26 pm

TommyK wrote:
Yeah, you gotta' go with OSU. 40k/yr is not full-ride, and the difference between IUB's offer (while outstanding) and OSU's offer may add up to around $20k, assuming that IUB continues with around a 5% increase per year.

Plus the family, access to public interest, state government, and slightly better employment stats all probably favor OSU (and I say this as a future Hoosier). It's a no-brainer assuming that the Moritz scholarship is reasonable to maintain (and it sounds like it is). Congrats!
Thanks guys and gals! I have decided to go with the Mortiz, even though some people at better ranked schools might advise against it, I feel like its my best option. Back to being a Buckeye!

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

lifestooquick

Silver

Post by lifestooquick » Thu May 19, 2011 4:36 pm

pcvmeli wrote:
TommyK wrote:

Thanks guys and gals! I have decided to go with the Mortiz, even though some people at better ranked schools might advise against it, I feel like its my best option. Back to being a Buckeye!
Congrats!!! See you in the fall! Or before then if you join us at any of the get togethers I'm sure we'll have before school starts :)

AlexTrebek

New

Post by AlexTrebek » Sat May 28, 2011 9:50 am

Just withdrew. Hope that opens up a seat for someone. Oh and there is some scholarship money to be had. Best of luck everyone

cj2k14

New

Post by cj2k14 » Mon May 30, 2011 11:47 am

It appears Jim Tressel withdrew as well..

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=6606999

313D313

Bronze

Post by 313D313 » Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:36 pm

I will be in colombus this week looking for a place to stay. Any ideas on good areas to check out??

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”