Ohio State 2011 Applicants Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
TommyK

Silver

Re: Ohio State 2011 Applicants

Post by TommyK » Tue Feb 15, 2011 9:51 pm

dans1006 wrote:Dear OSU,

Please send me your decision. Good or bad. I can take it. I really like you, but if the feeling is not mutual I'm ready to let you go. I just want to know so I can move on with my life.

Love,

Stressed 0L
Co-signed by TommyK (except that I'll probably harbor resentment, but no more than I did before the application process)

Lwoods

Silver

Post by Lwoods » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:15 pm

RTS83 wrote:
Chants wrote:
Yup. Class of 2005
2006. PM me your name?
At first I got excited that there was someone older than I am, but then I realized you guys were talking about your hs class. :(

-Lwoods, resident old lady of OSU

Punisha20

Bronze

Post by Punisha20 » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:48 pm

In Review since 1/21 all I want is a decision, I really want to go to OSU!

SherlockHolmes

Bronze

Post by SherlockHolmes » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:49 pm

Punisha20 wrote:In Review since 1/21 all I want is a decision, I really want to go to OSU!
In review since 1/4

LS-boundNYC

Bronze

Post by LS-boundNYC » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:05 pm

To whomever put the reminder up about financial aid today THANK YOU! I had it nearly completed, but with a stressful day at work, I almost forgot to finish and fax it. You were a lifesaver.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

LS-boundNYC

Bronze

Post by LS-boundNYC » Tue Feb 15, 2011 11:08 pm

AHHHH!!! Just checked my status checker on a whim and I'M IN!! No idea on scholarships, but this is my second acceptance. So happy!

(for you numbers folk: I applied on 1/11, went complete on the 14th. 164/3.81.)

alexb

Bronze

Post by alexb » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:10 am

Chris Ross wrote:AHHHH!!! Just checked my status checker on a whim and I'M IN!! No idea on scholarships, but this is my second acceptance. So happy!

(for you numbers folk: I applied on 1/11, went complete on the 14th. 164/3.81.)
Congrats! I have the same complete date as you. You've got a better LSAT though. Hopefully I hear soon :) .

Lwoods

Silver

Post by Lwoods » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:33 am

People at OSU and in central Ohio probably heard this on the news...

Leslie (Les) Wexner, along with the Limited Brands Foundation, just donated $100 million to OSU, the largest gift in the school's history.
--LinkRemoved--

Les is totally my CEO crush. (It's normal to have a CEO crush, right?)

lifestooquick

Silver

Post by lifestooquick » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:12 am

Lwoods wrote:People at OSU and in central Ohio probably heard this on the news...

Leslie (Les) Wexner, along with the Limited Brands Foundation, just donated $100 million to OSU, the largest gift in the school's history.
--LinkRemoved--

Totally normal ;) Plus, if you're gonna crush on a CEO in Cbus, Wexner is definitely a good one. He and his family do so much for the Columbus community :)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

melamine

Bronze

Post by melamine » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:16 am

Lwoods wrote:People at OSU and in central Ohio probably heard this on the news...

--LinkRemoved--

just to avoid any mistaken inferences - the vast majority is going to the medical center / cancer research - not the law school. still very cool.

Burgstaller04

Silver

Post by Burgstaller04 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:54 am

Just withdrew. Good luck to all of you!

LS-boundNYC

Bronze

Post by LS-boundNYC » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:58 am

--LinkRemoved--

This is great! It's been about 5 years since I've been in Ohio for any significant amount of time, and stories like this always make me proud of my heritage. It's weird to think I might be trading in New York City for Columbus in a few short months, but I guess we'll see what happens!

Lwoods

Silver

Post by Lwoods » Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:25 pm

Did you guys see this corporate fellowship program they've started?
http://moritzlaw.osu.edu/mcfp/index.php

Seems like a great way to utilize some of the major companies located here. I'm thinking they should try to get another certain Columbus-based company as a partner... ;)

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

lifestooquick

Silver

Post by lifestooquick » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:26 pm

Lwoods wrote:Did you guys see this corporate fellowship program they've started?
http://moritzlaw.osu.edu/mcfp/index.php

Seems like a great way to utilize some of the major companies located here. I'm thinking they should try to get another certain Columbus-based company as a partner... ;)
I saw that and was really surprised that Limited Brands wasn't one of the first companies to get in on it!

dans1006

Bronze

Post by dans1006 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:32 pm

Lwoods wrote:
RTS83 wrote:
Chants wrote:
Yup. Class of 2005
2006. PM me your name?
At first I got excited that there was someone older than I am, but then I realized you guys were talking about your hs class. :(

If it makes you feel better L, i'll be turning 30 as a 1L. I ran around with the military for about a decade before circling back to school. So I think I have you beat in the old department. Now if I only could have translated that oldness into some wisdom and have done better on the LSAT. I would already be accepted.

charcop

New

Post by charcop » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:36 pm

dans1006 wrote:
Lwoods wrote:
RTS83 wrote:
Chants wrote:
Yup. Class of 2005
2006. PM me your name?

If it makes you feel better L, i'll be turning 30 as a 1L. I ran around with the military for about a decade before circling back to school. So I think I have you beat in the old department. Now if I only could have translated that oldness into some wisdom and have done better on the LSAT. I would already be accepted.
I'll be 27! we can play bingo and yell at the young hooligans together :mrgreen:

dans1006

Bronze

Post by dans1006 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:38 pm

Thank you dear. :? It has to be coming soon.
lifestooquick wrote:
dans1006 wrote:Dear OSU,

Please send me your decision. Good or bad. I can take it. I really like you, but if the feeling is not mutual I'm ready to let you go. I just want to know so I can move on with my life.

Love,

Stressed 0L
I hope you hear soon!

And thank you for your service!!!!! <3

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

dans1006

Bronze

Post by dans1006 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:42 pm

-Lwoods, resident old lady of OSU[/quote]

If it makes you feel better L, i'll be turning 30 as a 1L. I ran around with the military for about a decade before circling back to school. So I think I have you beat in the old department. Now if I only could have translated that oldness into some wisdom and have done better on the LSAT. I would already be accepted.[/quote]

I'll be 27! we can play bingo and yell at the young hooligans together :mrgreen:[/quote]

That is of course if I get in! I'm all for it though. I've always wanted to yell at some riff raff to "Get off my lawn!"

lifestooquick

Silver

Post by lifestooquick » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:44 pm

charcop wrote:
dans1006 wrote:
Lwoods wrote: At first I got excited that there was someone older than I am, but then I realized you guys were talking about your hs class. :(

I'll be 27! we can play bingo and yell at the young hooligans together :mrgreen:
This is kinda silly but I'm excited there's some older students! I'll be 26 in October :)

ETA: not excited that ya'll are older than me, just excited to have more of a peer group and not just straight out of undergrad people :)

RTS83

New

Post by RTS83 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:46 pm

Congrats to our recent admits!

I'll be 24 when school starts...my knees ache...my back hurts...and I've got this thing in my ear that twitches when its going to storm...

RTS83: Scholar, Lawyer, Bartender, Weather Vane.

dans1006

Bronze

Post by dans1006 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 1:51 pm

lifestooquick wrote:
charcop wrote:
dans1006 wrote:
Lwoods wrote: At first I got excited that there was someone older than I am, but then I realized you guys were talking about your hs class. :(

This is kinda silly but I'm excited there's some older students! I'll be 26 in October :)

ETA: not excited that ya'll are older than me, just excited to have more of a peer group and not just straight out of undergrad people :)

Agreed. I always felt so old in undergrad. I had some 19 year girl sitting next to me in my US Government class and she actually leaned over to me while we were discussing the Bill of Rights and whispered, "God! When am I ever going to need to know this crap?!?!" I'm going to blame that on youthful ignorance since I don't want to believe someone that stupid makes it into college.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Lwoods

Silver

Post by Lwoods » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:07 pm

lifestooquick wrote:
charcop wrote:
dans1006 wrote:

Haha, love it! I'm 27, and it recently occurred to me that I'll be in law school classes with people who are the same age as the 8th graders I tutored when I was in college.

We should start an OWLS (Older & Wiser Law Students) chapter. ;)

Good luck, dans & thank you for your service!

cinephile

Gold

Post by cinephile » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:13 pm

lifestooquick wrote:
charcop wrote:
dans1006 wrote:

Yay! I'll be 26 as well in a couple of months. I'm sure there'll be plenty of us :)

SherlockHolmes

Bronze

Post by SherlockHolmes » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:39 pm

Another day without a decision. Come on Ohio State, show me some love please!

alexb

Bronze

Post by alexb » Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:23 pm

SherlockHolmes wrote:Another day without a decision. Come on Ohio State, show me some love please!
+1

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”