Ohio State 2011 Applicants Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
moritzian

New

Re: Ohio State 2011 Applicants

Post by moritzian » Tue Feb 01, 2011 11:01 am

dhatfie1 wrote:Current 1L here (non-resident), if you have any questions about anything regarding the school and/or residency let me know! I know I sure did this time last year. :)
I've noticed most people suggest to not try and study/read/prepare for law school--I'm pretty sure I'm incapable of taking this advice. Are there any books you would recommend reading beforehand? Would browsing the CP E&E that you mentioned before be beneficial? If so, which E&E?

mcubberly

Bronze

Post by mcubberly » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:11 pm

Wish I could go to an ASW! I'm waiting on the edge of my seat to see about scholly money...I hope it comes out soon!

Lwoods

Silver

Post by Lwoods » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:13 pm

mcubberly wrote:Wish I could go to an ASW! I'm waiting on the edge of my seat to see about scholly money...I hope it comes out soon!
I think OSU is the one school in the area that didn't close today, so... hopefully soon?

Sad you can't come back for ASW!

lifestooquick

Silver

Post by lifestooquick » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:19 pm

Lwoods wrote:
mcubberly wrote:Wish I could go to an ASW! I'm waiting on the edge of my seat to see about scholly money...I hope it comes out soon!
I think OSU is the one school in the area that didn't close today, so... hopefully soon?

Sad you can't come back for ASW![/quote]
+1 It would have been fun to see you again!!

mcubberly

Bronze

Post by mcubberly » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:24 pm

lifestooquick wrote:
Lwoods wrote:

Sad you can't come back for ASW![/quote]
+1 It would have been fun to see you again!!
[/quote]

Lol I've been getting so many texts about the ice and snow... is it really so bad??

It would have been great to see you guys again! I'm really leaning towards OSU now, barring any magical full rides. If I can get it down to around IU-B w/scholly cost, I'll definitely go. I've been thinking about it a lot, and it just seems like the right choice. So hopefully we'll all see each other soon :D

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

lifestooquick

Silver

Post by lifestooquick » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:30 pm

Oh yay! I hope you and Lwoods end up here!

The ice was awful this morning...it's not as bad now. The roads are cleared up a bit. But it's supposed to rain/ice/snow more tonight and tomorrow. I'm crossing my fingers for a snow day tomorrow!

Lwoods

Silver

Post by Lwoods » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:41 pm

I'm chicken and didn't go into work today. So, I haven't been outside! Every little branch/twig of the tree outside my window is coated in ice, though, and another coworker (who drives a BMW sedan... a car that should be okay on ice) got stuck and couldn't make it in.

Anyway, I just got my mail and there was a small, thick package from Moritz! ...Admitted Students' Guide. No scholarship info yet.

lifestooquick

Silver

Post by lifestooquick » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:46 pm

Lwoods wrote:I'm chicken and didn't go into work today. So, I haven't been outside! Every little branch/twig of the tree outside my window is coated in ice, though, and another coworker (who drives a BMW sedan... a car that should be okay on ice) got stuck and couldn't make it in.

Anyway, I just got my mail and there was a small, thick package from Moritz! ...Admitted Students' Guide. No scholarship info yet.
I hope my admitted students' guide is there when I get home!! I stayed home this morning (that ice was scary!) but came into the office this afternoon.

mcubberly

Bronze

Post by mcubberly » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:47 pm

lifestooquick wrote:
Lwoods wrote:I'm chicken and didn't go into work today. So, I haven't been outside! Every little branch/twig of the tree outside my window is coated in ice, though, and another coworker (who drives a BMW sedan... a car that should be okay on ice) got stuck and couldn't make it in.

I hope my admitted students' guide is there when I get home!! I stayed home this morning (that ice was scary!) but came into the office this afternoon.

Ohh, I hope I get mine soon too! The email we got the other week said 1-2 weeks on scholarship= this week?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Lwoods

Silver

Post by Lwoods » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:55 pm

mcubberly wrote:
lifestooquick wrote:

Ohh, I hope I get mine soon too! The email we got the other week said 1-2 weeks on scholarship= this week?
Yeah, "next week or two" almost 2 weeks (12 days) ago.

SherlockHolmes

Bronze

Post by SherlockHolmes » Tue Feb 01, 2011 4:59 pm

If by chance anyone remembers, about how long was it that you were accepted after going under review? Lawschoolnumbers shows that 1 month is about the average, which has me very anxious for an email.

lifestooquick

Silver

Post by lifestooquick » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:05 pm

SherlockHolmes wrote:If by chance anyone remembers, about how long was it that you were accepted after going under review? Lawschoolnumbers shows that 1 month is about the average, which has me very anxious for an email.
I submitted in early November and heard in late December.

I hope you hear soon!

Lwoods

Silver

Post by Lwoods » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:36 pm

lifestooquick wrote:
SherlockHolmes wrote:If by chance anyone remembers, about how long was it that you were accepted after going under review? Lawschoolnumbers shows that 1 month is about the average, which has me very anxious for an email.
I submitted in early November and heard in late December.

I hope you hear soon!
I heard in just under 2 months as well.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

lifestooquick

Silver

Post by lifestooquick » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:07 pm

Got my admitted student guide and promptly sat down and read it all. Lots of stuff that's on the website, but some other info as well.

I will also be putting the window cling on my car :)

I'm so excited! :)

Lwoods

Silver

Post by Lwoods » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:13 pm

lifestooquick wrote:Got my admitted student guide and promptly sat down and read it all. Lots of stuff that's on the website, but some other info as well.

There was a window cling? I don't think I got that...

lifestooquick

Silver

Post by lifestooquick » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:14 pm

Lwoods wrote:
lifestooquick wrote:Got my admitted student guide and promptly sat down and read it all. Lots of stuff that's on the website, but some other info as well.

Maybe it fell out or stuck to your envelope?

Also, they should probably have made sure the admitted students site is actually up and functional before telling us about it

Lwoods

Silver

Post by Lwoods » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:35 pm

lifestooquick wrote:
Lwoods wrote:

Also, they should probably have made sure the admitted students site is actually up and functional before telling us about it
No... boo. I even checked the envelope extra carefully b/c I was looking for scholarship information (just in case, haha). Maybe if I keep reading I'll find it stuck in pages or something. Oh well, not decorating until I officially decide. ;)

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

ZRay1229

New

Post by ZRay1229 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:24 am

Lwoods wrote:
lifestooquick wrote:
Lwoods wrote:

No... boo. I even checked the envelope extra carefully b/c I was looking for scholarship information (just in case, haha). Maybe if I keep reading I'll find it stuck in pages or something. Oh well, not decorating until I officially decide. ;)
Don't sweat the cling too much... they sell better ones at the Barnes and Noble Campus Bookstore (when you make it official).

adiaz43

New

Post by adiaz43 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:52 am

accepted this morning via email. stats are in my profile. applied 1/10. received 1/11. went UR 1/14. good luck to everyone still waiting to hear back.

SherlockHolmes

Bronze

Post by SherlockHolmes » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:03 pm

adiaz43 wrote:accepted this morning via email. stats are in my profile. applied 1/10. received 1/11. went UR 1/14. good luck to everyone still waiting to hear back.
Congrats! I went UR on 1/4 so hopefully this means I won't be waiting much longer.

RTS83

New

Post by RTS83 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 12:24 pm

Your numbers are almost identical to mine (although my GPA is higher.) And I've been UR since the 29th. Stupid late Dec LSAT scoring...This is the only school I want...

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

TommyK

Silver

Post by TommyK » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:03 pm

RTS83 wrote:Your numbers are almost identical to mine (although my GPA is higher.) And I've been UR since the 29th. Stupid late Dec LSAT scoring...This is the only school I want...
a 163 and a 164 are close, but not "almost identical". That's like saying a 3.3 gpa and a 3.6 is almost identical. Every number in this range is huge.

alexb

Bronze

Post by alexb » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:13 pm

TommyK wrote:
RTS83 wrote:Your numbers are almost identical to mine (although my GPA is higher.) And I've been UR since the 29th. Stupid late Dec LSAT scoring...This is the only school I want...
a 163 and a 164 are close, but not "almost identical". That's like saying a 3.3 gpa and a 3.6 is almost identical. Every number in this range is huge.
Except at 163 and 164 are a lot closer than a 3.3 and a 3.6?

TommyK

Silver

Post by TommyK » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:16 pm

alexb wrote:
TommyK wrote:
Except at 163 and 164 are a lot closer than a 3.3 and a 3.6?
well, no... actually they're farther apart. 163 and 164 are separated by 1.0. 3.3 and 3.6 are separated by .3.

1.0 > 0.3.

Many index scores weigh it so that 1 point in the LSAT creates a bigger separation than .3 in a GPA.

rli66

Bronze

Post by rli66 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 1:42 pm

When does scholarship information come out? Just registered for the March 4-5 ASW.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”