Illinois Class of 2014 (With Dean Pless)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
dadamafia

Re: Illinois Class of 2014 (With Dean Pless)

Postby dadamafia » Mon May 16, 2011 10:13 pm

theavrock wrote:
Assuming this means WL offers came out?

Yep.

anthropologieaddict wrote:
Congrats to you!!

Thanks alot!

I'm extremely excited, and finally knowing for sure where I am going has taken away just about all my worries. My family is extremely excited as well because they all know how badly I wanted to attend so it has been great to share my joy with them. My wife can finally fire away with those job applications so that's great as well. Once we get a little break from work, we'll probably fly into town and make arrangements for our apartment.

Now, on to the matter of handling my withdrawals...

Pless

Postby Pless » Tue May 17, 2011 8:56 am

bigben5289 wrote:Dean Pless,

Do you have an idea of what the schedule for orientation is going to look it? Is it all day, half a day on those 3 days? The move in date of one of the apartments I am looking at is the first day of orientation so I am trying to figure something out.

Thanks

It is all day on Wednesday and Thursday. Friday is pretty open with only optional activities.

specialblend35

Postby specialblend35 » Tue May 24, 2011 1:11 am

Dean Pless,

A couple of transfer-related questions here:

1) When is the earliest you expect to issue transfer decisions this summer?

2) Do you have any idea yet of how many transfer seats you will be trying to fill this cycle?

Thanks in advance!

Pless

Postby Pless » Wed May 25, 2011 10:14 am

specialblend35 wrote:Dean Pless,

A couple of transfer-related questions here:

1) When is the earliest you expect to issue transfer decisions this summer?

2) Do you have any idea yet of how many transfer seats you will be trying to fill this cycle?

Thanks in advance!

We will start the review process on files as soon as we get spring grades in. I will be out of the office most of next week for the LSAC Annual Meeting, and I would expect to start reviewing files the week after that. I would anticipate between 15 and 20 offers this year.

AJO83

Postby AJO83 » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:48 am

Dean Pless,

It's been a while since there was any reported movement from the waitlist and was wanting to know when or if to expect updates in June.

Talking to past collegemates, who went to law school, they have told me some schools call from the waitlist up to the first day of class. Does Illinois subscribe to the same practice? If so, does the university have policies in place to aid students from out of state in obtaining housing?

Thanks in advance from an optimistic hopeful.

Pless

Postby Pless » Tue Jun 07, 2011 2:39 pm

AJO83 wrote:Dean Pless,

It's been a while since there was any reported movement from the waitlist and was wanting to know when or if to expect updates in June.

Talking to past collegemates, who went to law school, they have told me some schools call from the waitlist up to the first day of class. Does Illinois subscribe to the same practice? If so, does the university have policies in place to aid students from out of state in obtaining housing?

Thanks in advance from an optimistic hopeful.

I was travelling last week and am still trying to get caught up now that I am back in the office. I will be sending out an update later this week, hopefully tomorrow. We have been known to make an offer or two very late, but those are caused by very late drops and so are difficult to predict year to year.

ERojo

Postby ERojo » Wed Jul 13, 2011 12:51 pm

Dean Pless,

I was happy to recently hear from you concerning the upcoming waitlist movement. Is there any way, in which you can please share the remaining waitlist number after the recent survey and the number of spots you believe to offer in the next 2 weeks? I know it is late in the admission process, but I know that this recent email has given me some hope since Illinois has always been my first choice; and I am sure others must feel the same way. Thank you for taking your time to always keep us informed Dean Pless.

Thanks,
Estiven Rojo

Pless

Postby Pless » Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:30 pm

ERojo wrote:Dean Pless,

I was happy to recently hear from you concerning the upcoming waitlist movement. Is there any way, in which you can please share the remaining waitlist number after the recent survey and the number of spots you believe to offer in the next 2 weeks? I know it is late in the admission process, but I know that this recent email has given me some hope since Illinois has always been my first choice; and I am sure others must feel the same way. Thank you for taking your time to always keep us informed Dean Pless.

Thanks,
Estiven Rojo

People are still responding to the email I sent out yesterday. I did just go out with 10 offers today. Those people all have until the 22nd to decide. I will make a decision on Monday if I will be making any additional offers in the 2 weeks time frame you referenced.

dreakol

Postby dreakol » Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:45 pm

Peeblepop

Postby Peeblepop » Sat Jul 23, 2011 12:07 pm

Anyone looking for an apartment in Champaign for the upcoming year can PM me. I have an inexpensive and fairly nice place I need to sublease.

Pless

Postby Pless » Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:30 pm

So I thought I would close out this thread now that Orientation is complete and we begin classes on Monday and I will begin work on recruiting the Class of 2015. I wanted to thank you all for your posts, comments and questions. I will start a new thread next week for people applying in this next cycle. Please let me know if you have any questions about Illinois, I am happy to answer.

Total Litigator

Postby Total Litigator » Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:41 pm

Necro Revive!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”