Illinois Class of 2014 (With Dean Pless)

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
gens1tb

Re: Illinois Class of 2014 (With Dean Pless)

Postby gens1tb » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:47 pm

decision rendered
Last edited by gens1tb on Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DreamsInDigital

Postby DreamsInDigital » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:55 pm

best email I have ever received :D

theturkeyisfat

Postby theturkeyisfat » Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:28 am

thanks for the offer, and thanks for working through the snowstorm to get the decisions out by friday!

Pless

Postby Pless » Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:20 pm

We are moving a batch of files into review today, with decisions coming out on February 18th. All files completed by 1/27 will be going into review.

bigben5289

Postby bigben5289 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:05 pm

Dear Dean Pless

I received the USB in the mail yesterday and I am having some trouble opening what's saved on it. When I click on "start here" and my internet browser open the internet browser says "could not connect to local host."

Do you know how I can get the USB to work?

Thanks

Pless

Postby Pless » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:10 pm

bigben5289 wrote:Dear Dean Pless
I received the USB in the mail yesterday and I am having some trouble opening what's saved on it. When I click on "start here" and my internet browser open the internet browser says "could not connect to local host."
Thanks

I would try opening it through your directory, just like an external drive. There is a file called "Autorun" and if you start that it should work. Every computer can have different security settings and it is difficult to anticipate them all. We do test it on about 20 different computers (both Mac and Windows) to make sure it works on the majority of systems. Sorry for any trouble you are having.

bigben5289

Postby bigben5289 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 12:21 pm

Pless wrote:
Thanks

I would try opening it through your directory, just like an external drive. There is a file called "Autorun" and if you start that it should work. Every computer can have different security settings and it is difficult to anticipate them all. We do test it on about 20 different computers (both Mac and Windows) to make sure it works on the majority of systems. Sorry for any trouble you are having.

I just tried looking for a file called "Autorun" and I can't find it. When I open the usb like an external drive the only files I see are info.plst, a folder called MacOS, a file called pkginfo and a folder called resources.

Pless

Postby Pless » Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:10 pm

bigben5289 wrote:
Pless wrote:
Thanks

I just tried looking for a file called "Autorun" and I can't find it. When I open the usb like an external drive the only files I see are info.plst, a folder called MacOS, a file called pkginfo and a folder called resources.

I will talk to some of our Mac experts here and see if I can't figure it out. I will PM you.

Pless

Postby Pless » Tue Feb 15, 2011 6:29 pm

We are trying out a new process this year and I wanted to give those of you on TLS a sneak preview. By April 1 we are asking all admitted students to complete a very brief survey and let us know where you stand currently on your decision to attend Illinois. The survey is now open and available through our admitted student site at http://www.law.illinois.edu/prospective ... d-students

Important to note that you are free to change your answer on this survey at any point in time simply by logging in and changing your answer. The only time that isn't possible is if you select that you are no longer planning on attending Illinois. Selecting that option will withdraw your application and you will be giving up your seat in the class. (Don't worry, it is very clear on the survey what selecting that option means.)

Those of you interested, please try it out and let me know what you think.
Paul

Lwoods

Postby Lwoods » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:10 pm

Pless wrote:We are trying out a new process this year and I wanted to give those of you on TLS a sneak preview. By April 1 we are asking all admitted students to complete a very brief survey and let us know where you stand currently on your decision to attend Illinois. The survey is now open and available through our admitted student site at http://www.law.illinois.edu/prospective ... d-students

Important to note that you are free to change your answer on this survey at any point in time simply by logging in and changing your answer. The only time that isn't possible is if you select that you are no longer planning on attending Illinois. Selecting that option will withdraw your application and you will be giving up your seat in the class. (Don't worry, it is very clear on the survey what selecting that option means.)

Paul

I feel really silly / ditzy asking this, but, how do we log in? I tried a few different things, but none worked.

Thanks!

Pless

Postby Pless » Thu Feb 17, 2011 8:49 am

Lwoods wrote:
Pless wrote:We are trying out a new process this year and I wanted to give those of you on TLS a sneak preview. By April 1 we are asking all admitted students to complete a very brief survey and let us know where you stand currently on your decision to attend Illinois. The survey is now open and available through our admitted student site at http://www.law.illinois.edu/prospective ... d-students

Paul

I feel really silly / ditzy asking this, but, how do we log in? I tried a few different things, but none worked.

Thanks!

We sent out the username and password to the admitted student site a little while ago. I will PM you with them now. If anyone else doesn't have it, please just call or email the office and we will provide it for you.

Paul

Lwoods

Postby Lwoods » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:36 am

Pless wrote:
Lwoods wrote:

Paul

Thanks!

We sent out the username and password to the admitted student site a little while ago. I will PM you with them now. If anyone else doesn't have it, please just call or email the office and we will provide it for you.

Paul

Okay, just realized the survey site is the same as the admitted students site. :oops: But, that was the first username/password combination I tried last night.

The username/password worked for me a couple weeks ago when I initially received it, but now I get the error message "Your login attempt was not successful. Please try again." Anyone else having this issue? I've tried it now both on my home (Mac) and work (Dell) computers, but if I'm the only one having this issue, I'll assume it's user error.

bigben5289

Postby bigben5289 » Thu Feb 17, 2011 9:38 am

Dean Pless

I received the new usb in the mail yesterday and it WORKS!

Thanks

Pless

Postby Pless » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:11 am

Lwoods wrote:
Pless wrote:
Lwoods wrote:

Paul

Thanks!

Paul

Okay, just realized the survey site is the same as the admitted students site. :oops: But, that was the first username/password combination I tried last night.

The username/password worked for me a couple weeks ago when I initially received it, but now I get the error message "Your login attempt was not successful. Please try again." Anyone else having this issue? I've tried it now both on my home (Mac) and work (Dell) computers, but if I'm the only one having this issue, I'll assume it's user error.

The password is case sensitive.

Pless

Postby Pless » Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:11 am

bigben5289 wrote:Dean Pless

I received the new usb in the mail yesterday and it WORKS!

Thanks

Awesome, sorry that you had an issue with the first one. Hope that it still works at least as a thumb drive for you.

Pless

Postby Pless » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:21 am

Decisions coming out a little early today, it is the start of our Family Weekend here at the College so I will be busy talking to parents and significant others all day. One of my favorite days at the College.

39 Admits, 46 WL Offers and 137 Denials. All files complete through 2/7/11 will go into review today with a decision on Thursday 2/24. We have our first Open House next Friday and we currently have about 75 people coming to visit.

I will check back here as time allows today and answer any questions you might have.
Paul

AboveTheLawSchool

Postby AboveTheLawSchool » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:25 am

Last edited by AboveTheLawSchool on Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

BlueDiamond

Postby BlueDiamond » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:31 am

Pless wrote:Decisions coming out a little early today, it is the start of our Family Weekend here at the College so I will be busy talking to parents and significant others all day. One of my favorite days at the College.

39 Admits, 46 WL Offers and 137 Denials. All files complete through 2/7/11 will go into review today with a decision on Thursday 2/24. We have our first Open House next Friday and we currently have about 75 people coming to visit.

I will check back here as time allows today and answer any questions you might have.
Paul

Though I'm sad those complete on 2/11/11 will not be in the next batch, I'd still like to say this thread is awesome. All law schools deans should be this "in touch" with their applicants. Basically, thanks.

leonal41

Postby leonal41 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:41 am

In!!! thank you for all your guidance throughout this process Dean Pless, was not expecting such straightfoward answers from a person directly involved with the admissions process

ktg808

Postby ktg808 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:13 pm

BlueDiamond wrote:
Pless wrote:Decisions coming out a little early today, it is the start of our Family Weekend here at the College so I will be busy talking to parents and significant others all day. One of my favorite days at the College.

Paul

Though I'm sad those complete on 2/11/11 will not be in the next batch, I'd still like to say this thread is awesome. All law schools deans should be this "in touch" with their applicants. Basically, thanks.

+1

jayman6

Postby jayman6 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:07 pm

Dean Pless,

Could you give an update on how many individuals are no on the WL?

Pless

Postby Pless » Tue Feb 22, 2011 2:14 pm

jayman6 wrote:Dean Pless,

Currently there are about 350 people that have opted on to our Wait List. I will be sending out a more detailed update to everyone on the Wait List next week.

adammac17

Postby adammac17 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 4:05 pm

thanks for doing this dean pless! just wondering as someone whos been admitted and on the ropes between uiuc and wustl if you had an info on how oci went this year, firms who attended, interviews, callbacks etc....

jayman6

Postby jayman6 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:03 pm

Pless wrote:
jayman6 wrote:Dean Pless,

Currently there are about 350 people that have opted on to our Wait List. I will be sending out a more detailed update to everyone on the Wait List next week.

So what you're telling me is that I have no shot at getting in? :) I'm only joking. I understand that you need to have qualified students to fill seats as applicatns withdraw. I'll be waiting patiently. Thanks for answering my question and I look forward to receiving the update next week.

Pless

Postby Pless » Wed Feb 23, 2011 9:55 am

adammac17 wrote:thanks for doing this dean pless! just wondering as someone whos been admitted and on the ropes between uiuc and wustl if you had an info on how oci went this year, firms who attended, interviews, callbacks etc....

I am going to send out information about employment for our last three classes to all admitted students in a few days. I will try to include some information on OCI this year as well. It was our best, in terms of employers and offers, in the past few years.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”