U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Barbie

Gold

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Post by Barbie » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:02 am

Cmart050 wrote:
Barbie wrote:Have you guys thought of calling and asking? I already would have if I were you ;)
Called, the AO said that it means exactly what it says, it has been reviewed and they are waiting to make a decision. However, she added that there is no negative connotation to it at all without being prompted, so we got that going for us.
So its the same as decision pending. ta da!

alicrimson

Silver

Post by alicrimson » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:28 am

Barbie wrote:
Cmart050 wrote:
Barbie wrote:Have you guys thought of calling and asking? I already would have if I were you ;)
Called, the AO said that it means exactly what it says, it has been reviewed and they are waiting to make a decision. However, she added that there is no negative connotation to it at all without being prompted, so we got that going for us.
So its the same as decision pending. ta da!

Well that's good. :D Maybe UF is developing new wording to throw people off?

applicant135

New

Post by applicant135 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:29 am

My status changed today to "file review complete, no decision reached", I assume this means I am on hold but has anyone else received this status update?

Cmart050

New

Post by Cmart050 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:31 am

applicant135 wrote:My status changed today to "file review complete, no decision reached", I assume this means I am on hold but has anyone else received this status update?
*Sigh*....

SixStrings11

Bronze

Post by SixStrings11 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:47 am

applicant135 wrote:My status changed today to "file review complete, no decision reached", I assume this means I am on hold but has anyone else received this status update?
Read the post directly above yours.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

pokerlaw

Bronze

Post by pokerlaw » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:52 pm

I'm in the "file review complete, no decision reached" boat as well.

jr1886

Bronze

Post by jr1886 » Fri Dec 17, 2010 1:14 pm

pokerlaw wrote:I'm in the "file review complete, no decision reached" boat as well.
+

etown989

Bronze

Post by etown989 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:07 am

pokerlaw wrote:I'm in the "file review complete, no decision reached" boat as well.
+1 but my gpa is under 3.0, lsat is above median slightly, but also a lengthy addendum was needed to explain my partying days and police run-ins

SixStrings11

Bronze

Post by SixStrings11 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:21 am

There's a good possibility that my GPA can get a nice boost in a few days when official grades come out for this past semester. What are the odds that this will help the admissions committee make a favorable decision? I feel like I'm looking for opportunities that might not exist at this point :shock:

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

TMO123

New

Post by TMO123 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:02 pm

I got the same status change. I hate to be Negative Nancy, but I believe we're in the reject pile.
If you look at the Law School Numbers website for previous years, they don't start sending out rejection letters until early March.
I think they start at the top of our pile and make their way down. Now, they may very well be waiting to see their entire applicant pool before deciding whom to admit and whom to reject. With record numbers of applicants, a school like UF should have no problem meeting their numbers goal for this year. The good news, I suppose, is that they could meet their quota early, or exceed their goal, and thus, be able to accept a few compelling applicants they wouldn't normally accept. I would think those applicants might be culled from our pool. But, by and large, I think we're in the reject pile, but they're waiting until early March to let us know.
Just my thought...

Barbie

Gold

Post by Barbie » Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:10 pm

TMO123 wrote:I got the same status change. I hate to be Negative Nancy, but I believe we're in the reject pile.
If you look at the Law School Numbers website for previous years, they don't start sending out rejection letters until early March.
I think they start at the top of our pile and make their way down. Now, they may very well be waiting to see their entire applicant pool before deciding whom to admit and whom to reject. With record numbers of applicants, a school like UF should have no problem meeting their numbers goal for this year. The good news, I suppose, is that they could meet their quota early, or exceed their goal, and thus, be able to accept a few compelling applicants they wouldn't normally accept. I would think those applicants might be culled from our pool. But, by and large, I think we're in the reject pile, but they're waiting until early March to let us know.
Just my thought...
I actually think you are all a combination of things. "Decision pending" hasn't even been given out lately. I think its just the new form of it. I think some of you will be accepted, some rejected, and others waitlisted depending on when your status finally changes. Just my .02

Neo

Bronze

Post by Neo » Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:39 pm

So when do the folks who are definitely not going to UF plan on withdrawing??

Neo

Bronze

Post by Neo » Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:41 pm

SixStrings11 wrote:There's a good possibility that my GPA can get a nice boost in a few days when official grades come out for this past semester. What are the odds that this will help the admissions committee make a favorable decision? I feel like I'm looking for opportunities that might not exist at this point :shock:

I also sent some updated transcripts to LSAC. Does LSAC automatically forward the updated copy to all of the schools I applied to, or do I have to request that they do this?

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

hurricane10

Bronze

Post by hurricane10 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:44 pm

I know that I'm most likely going to be deciding between UF and Wake.. definitely plan on visiting UF in late January so I can sit in on a class and get a feel for the school.

thewarflamingo

Silver

Post by thewarflamingo » Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:08 pm

TMO123 wrote:I got the same status change. I hate to be Negative Nancy, but I believe we're in the reject pile.
Just my thought...
I really doubt we are all rejects because some of us went in review after the last batch of acceptances and they don't do decisions weekly. Some of us who had the status change have competitive numbers for UF. So don't lose hope people!

Edit: if you've been pending since October or early November, then he may be right, who knows though, it's still too early to tell.

Top14Hope

Bronze

Post by Top14Hope » Sat Dec 18, 2010 1:16 pm

thewarflamingo wrote:
Just my thought...
I really doubt we are all rejects because some of us went in review after the last batch of acceptances and they don't do decisions weekly. Some of us who had the status change have competitive numbers for UF. So don't lose hope people!

Edit: if you've been pending since October or early November, then he may be right, who knows though, it's still too early to tell.
If I'm a reject then UF is denying students with a 4.0 from their University, and an LSAT within their range. Doubt this wait means anything. Keep your heads held high!

Barbie

Gold

Post by Barbie » Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:16 pm

hurricane10 wrote:I know that I'm most likely going to be deciding between UF and Wake.. definitely plan on visiting UF in late January so I can sit in on a class and get a feel for the school.
hurricane- moi too. Wake/UF/Illinois are my top schools right now. I really am hoping for some $ from Wake, but really not holding my breath hah. It would make it much harder to choose though.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

zacfos

New

Post by zacfos » Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:24 pm

Yeah I am a 3.66 and a 164 LSAT. I got the same status. I seriously doubt we are in the reject pile.

swflgirl

New

Post by swflgirl » Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:26 pm

I will throw my info in to see what everyone's opinion is; I have a gpa of 3.4 LSAT 156 BUT I graduated from college in 1996, and have owned my own business for 10 years. So my numbers arent great for UF but I have "life experience." I only applied to 4 law schools, UF, FSU, Stetson and Miami.
I applied the week of thanksgiving and my status at uf as of 12/10 is file reviewed no decision reached. I did get into Miami, and am still being reviewed at FSU and Stetson. I decided not to retake the LSAT because I couldn't devote the time to studying and run my business.

Cmart050

New

Post by Cmart050 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:04 pm

swflgirl wrote:I will throw my info in to see what everyone's opinion is; I have a gpa of 3.4 LSAT 156 BUT I graduated from college in 1996, and have owned my own business for 10 years. So my numbers arent great for UF but I have "life experience." I only applied to 4 law schools, UF, FSU, Stetson and Miami.
I applied the week of thanksgiving and my status at uf as of 12/10 is file reviewed no decision reached. I did get into Miami, and am still being reviewed at FSU and Stetson. I decided not to retake the LSAT because I couldn't devote the time to studying and run my business.
Ehhh, don't want to put a damper on your parade but...probably in at Stetson, MAYBE UM. The WE is good but the second you dip below 160 with FSU your odds decrease dramatically, check out their charts from last year. I know you can't retake but it is unfortunate because a 162-163 should get you in everywhere short of UF, which would probably be 50/50. Either way, good luck!

SixStrings11

Bronze

Post by SixStrings11 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:30 pm

Cmart050 wrote:
swflgirl wrote:I will throw my info in to see what everyone's opinion is; I have a gpa of 3.4 LSAT 156 BUT I graduated from college in 1996, and have owned my own business for 10 years. So my numbers arent great for UF but I have "life experience." I only applied to 4 law schools, UF, FSU, Stetson and Miami.
Ehhh, don't want to put a damper on your parade but...probably in at Stetson, MAYBE UM. The WE is good but the second you dip below 160 with FSU your odds decrease dramatically, check out their charts from last year. I know you can't retake but it is unfortunate because a 162-163 should get you in everywhere short of UF, which would probably be 50/50. Either way, good luck!
She says she's already in at Miami.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Barbie

Gold

Post by Barbie » Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:55 am

In all honesty, softs matter more than one might think if they are portrayed correctly. No one thought my 163/3.3 would get into Illinois. I think theres a shot here.

eve2490

New

Post by eve2490 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:27 am

Last edited by eve2490 on Sat Jan 07, 2012 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

swflgirl

New

Post by swflgirl » Sun Dec 19, 2010 2:56 pm

I am aware my numbers are a reach for UF and even FSU, but I had to try. Honestly, I don't think my LSAT score would have improved enough for it to have been worth a retake. I am accepted at Miami and am actually pretty interested in Stetson because I love the west coast of Florida where I have lived for the last 7 years. Hopefully the schools will look beyond the numbers, I am going to remain optimistic until I hear otherwise. I wish everyone the best of luck.

Cmart050

New

Post by Cmart050 » Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:00 pm

swflgirl wrote:I am aware my numbers are a reach for UF and even FSU, but I had to try. Honestly, I don't think my LSAT score would have improved enough for it to have been worth a retake. I am accepted at Miami and am actually pretty interested in Stetson because I love the west coast of Florida where I have lived for the last 7 years. Hopefully the schools will look beyond the numbers, I am going to remain optimistic until I hear otherwise. I wish everyone the best of luck.
Totally misread your earlier post, sorry for any hostility :/

Good luck with your applications, from what I hear you can't go wrong with FSU or UF so just getting into one of those places should leave you in great shape. I myself would love to go to UM if they offer enough money to make tuition equal to the state schools, unlikely as it is. (/threadjack)

On another note, I will be visiting Gville sometime in January on my trek up to FSU unless they reject me between now and then, and will hopefully take some pictures for the photo topic on the other board for those who might be interested.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”