U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
alicrimson
Posts: 923
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:27 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby alicrimson » Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:28 pm

No its says "pending" I didn't detail that correctly. Sorry was at practice so everyone is panicking.

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby Barbie » Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:31 pm

When will they let us knowwwww? Anyone want to start betting?

When do you think our status checkers will change:

When do you think the first decision will arrive (via snail mail):

:D

User avatar
jwrash
Posts: 261
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:08 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby jwrash » Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:33 pm

Barbie wrote:When will they let us knowwwww? 11/22

When do you think our status checkers will change: 11/22

When do you think the first decision will arrive (via snail mail): 12/3

:D

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby Barbie » Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:41 pm

Okay here is mine:

When do you think our status checkers will change: 11/19

When do you think the first decision will arrive (via snail mail): 11/26

User avatar
LSATmakesMeNeurotic
Posts: 941
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:17 am

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby LSATmakesMeNeurotic » Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:54 pm

I called today, and the very snappy girl at the desk told me that they hadn't made ANY decisions yet and that even if you applied early, it doesn't guarantee you will get a decision by late November/early December. :shock: I hate it when people are unhelpful.

User avatar
jwrash
Posts: 261
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:08 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby jwrash » Fri Nov 12, 2010 6:54 pm

i hope you're right barbie

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby Barbie » Fri Nov 12, 2010 7:05 pm

LSATmakesMeNeurotic wrote:I called today, and the very snappy girl at the desk told me that they hadn't made ANY decisions yet and that even if you applied early, it doesn't guarantee you will get a decision by late November/early December. :shock: I hate it when people are unhelpful.



Yeah this thread was made aware of her sucky phone personel a while back.

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby Barbie » Sat Nov 13, 2010 1:34 pm

So I've been cyber stalking my new job, and it seems that the employees are pretty split between UF grads (favors a tad) and Stetson grads. Not one FSU grad! Then there are the higher ranked schools, like Emory, UCLA, Notre Dame, and Chicago. I thought this was interesting. If anyone wants to know where (and didn't see when I previously blurted it out on these forums) you can PM me. I know they are looking to expand also... there are a ton of huge, beautiful, and empty offices that they are looking to fill. I am excited/curious to see who fills them. Oh and the only person from what I can tell that they hired straight out of LS is a Stetson grad... hmmm...

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby Barbie » Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:24 pm

Anything? Anyone? :(

User avatar
jr1886
Posts: 239
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:24 am

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby jr1886 » Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:31 pm

absolutely nothing. i am still under initial review

User avatar
jwrash
Posts: 261
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:08 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby jwrash » Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:03 pm

review complete; decision pending

clone22
Posts: 354
Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:38 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby clone22 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 2:36 am

Hey, how long did it take for you to actually hear from UF once you applied? lsac says they generated a report for uf 11/10, but I still haven't even gotten an email confirming that they received my app? FSU did it in like a day. hmm....

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby Barbie » Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:55 am

clone22 wrote:Hey, how long did it take for you to actually hear from UF once you applied? lsac says they generated a report for uf 11/10, but I still haven't even gotten an email confirming that they received my app? FSU did it in like a day. hmm....



I'm pretty sure this question is answered on almost every single page of this thread-- but whats one more time??
It takes almost 2 weeks. chill 8)

User avatar
ads222
Posts: 115
Joined: Sat Jul 17, 2010 1:50 am

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby ads222 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:06 am

just a heads up -- my status checker says that a letter was mailed today. Hopefully I'll get it in 2 or 3 days instead of the 5-10 days UF tells me to expect.

for what it's worth, I submitted all my residency information on 10/25 (so I went complete around then) and should be in as I'm above both 75% (I think? PM me if you really want stats). OTOH I didn't exactly follow their essay directions sooo we'll see.

oh, forgot to say -- I went straight from initial review to letter mailed. fun fun

good luck :)
Last edited by ads222 on Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
jr1886
Posts: 239
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:24 am

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby jr1886 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:13 am

ads222 wrote:just a heads up -- my status checker says that a letter was mailed today. Hopefully I'll get it in 2 or 3 days instead of the 5-10 days UF tells me to expect.

for what it's worth, I submitted all my residency information on 10/25 (so I went complete around then) and should be in as I'm above both 75% (I think? PM me if you really want stats). OTOH I didn't exactly follow their essay directions sooo we'll see.

I am sure you are in. It's a number game.
I am still under initial review

minuit
Posts: 611
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:39 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby minuit » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:14 am

just checked!!!!!

Current Status: Letter issued (5-10 days for receipt)
Current Status Date: 11/16/2010

User avatar
jr1886
Posts: 239
Joined: Sun Mar 21, 2010 1:24 am

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby jr1886 » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:16 am

minuit wrote:just checked!!!!!

Current Status: Letter issued (5-10 days for receipt)
Current Status Date: 11/16/2010

You guys are probably in the first admitted batch
I'm going to keep checking today then

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby Barbie » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:22 am

minuit wrote:just checked!!!!!

Current Status: Letter issued (5-10 days for receipt)
Current Status Date: 11/16/2010


told you mine isn't changed :( :( :( ive apparently been held

minuit
Posts: 611
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:39 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby minuit » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:28 am

Barbie wrote:
minuit wrote:just checked!!!!!

Current Status: Letter issued (5-10 days for receipt)
Current Status Date: 11/16/2010


told you mine isn't changed :( :( :( ive apparently been held

:cry: :cry: :cry:

your LSAT is great; did you send in an addendum for your GPA?

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby Barbie » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:30 am

minuit wrote:
Barbie wrote:
minuit wrote:just checked!!!!!

Current Status: Letter issued (5-10 days for receipt)
Current Status Date: 11/16/2010


told you mine isn't changed :( :( :( ive apparently been held

:cry: :cry: :cry:

your LSAT is great; did you send in an addendum for your GPA?



ya, a good one IMO but #s are #s :(

User avatar
Deuce
Posts: 1048
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:12 am

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby Deuce » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:39 am

Looks like "letter in transit"... I can't imagine a letter taking 5-10 days to reach me though...

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby Barbie » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:46 am

Barbie wrote:Okay here is mine:

When do you think our status checkers will change: 11/19

When do you think the first decision will arrive (via snail mail): 11/26




3 days off! congrats minuit and deuce <3 :D

User avatar
alicrimson
Posts: 923
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:27 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby alicrimson » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:50 am

jr1886 wrote:
minuit wrote:just checked!!!!!

Current Status: Letter issued (5-10 days for receipt)
Current Status Date: 11/16/2010

You guys are probably in the first admitted batch
I'm going to keep checking today then


Agreed, from what I can tell those whose status has changed are pretty much the number rockstars/autoadmits of the board. I wouldn't start getting discouraged if your status hasn't changed yet. I'm not. If it hasn't done anything by January, then we'll talk...

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby Barbie » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:53 am

alicrimson wrote:
jr1886 wrote:
minuit wrote:just checked!!!!!

Current Status: Letter issued (5-10 days for receipt)
Current Status Date: 11/16/2010

You guys are probably in the first admitted batch
I'm going to keep checking today then


Agreed, from what I can tell those whose status has changed are pretty much the number rockstars/autoadmits of the board. I wouldn't start getting discouraged if your status hasn't changed yet. I'm not. If it hasn't done anything by January, then we'll talk...


Kind of. Those whos status didn't change to "decision pending" are the rock stars. The rest of us, with "decision pending", could be on a ride until the late spring. According to last years thread, a FEW "decision pending" people changed... but many stayed that way for a long time... and majority ended up with a WL or ding :(

User avatar
Deuce
Posts: 1048
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:12 am

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby Deuce » Tue Nov 16, 2010 11:55 am

Barbie wrote:
Barbie wrote:Okay here is mine:

When do you think our status checkers will change: 11/19

When do you think the first decision will arrive (via snail mail): 11/26




3 days off! congrats minuit and deuce <3 :D


You know me- I gotta see it to believe it. But after some quick call phone calls I still have a couple of friends who are above both medians that are in the decision pending batch, so I don't think that's a bad thing.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”