U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby Barbie » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:28 pm

Triple_Entendre wrote:
Barbie wrote:Even people with the LSAC fee waiver have to pay UF the $30.

Either way, the supplemental information is not just to pay the application fee. That's interesting that you kind of jumped the gun, but I wouldn't take anything on the status checker right now seriously.


Yea, I know, I couldn't help myself. So, maybe she did pay. The supplemental information has other things that are important, so I'll keep an eye out for that. GOT IT. Thanks :D & Why wouldn't you take anything on the status checker seriously right now?



Because they haven't personally issued it to you yet. I mean, do whatever you want-- I'm just saying I wouldnt :)

User avatar
Neo
Posts: 183
Joined: Sat May 01, 2010 3:45 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby Neo » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:36 pm

Triple_Entendre wrote:
Deuce wrote:
Triple_Entendre wrote:Hey Deuce:

I see where you got that information from on the UF Law site it says:
"In addition, the $30 application fee is a State of Florida charge and cannot be waived by the Levin College of Law."

That means that the Levin College of Law cannot waive the fee, however, LSAC can and did when I received my LSAC fee waiver. I hope that clears it up. :)


I also have the LSAC fee, and also had to pay the $30 in the follow-up website you will be receiving shortly from UF.


Well that's strange, last year my friend's application got reviewed and everything without her having to pay the application fee. She had a LSAC fee waiver like you and me. Maybe, I'll call and see what the deal is.



The only way you can get the fee waived is if the college of law gives you a code that you type in on the LSAC website. I don't think UF does it but FSU does. FSU "can't" waive the fee either according to Florida law; but, they do if you were in Summer for Undergraduates as they give you a code you type in. Sorry, but there is no way to get around paying the $30 application fee to UF and the LSAC fee waiver won't do it as I have this as well. At least it is only $30 dollars and not $80-$100 like some other schools!

minuit
Posts: 611
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:39 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby minuit » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:44 pm

Neo wrote:
Triple_Entendre wrote:
Deuce wrote:
Triple_Entendre wrote:Hey Deuce:

I see where you got that information from on the UF Law site it says:
"In addition, the $30 application fee is a State of Florida charge and cannot be waived by the Levin College of Law."

That means that the Levin College of Law cannot waive the fee, however, LSAC can and did when I received my LSAC fee waiver. I hope that clears it up. :)


I also have the LSAC fee, and also had to pay the $30 in the follow-up website you will be receiving shortly from UF.


Well that's strange, last year my friend's application got reviewed and everything without her having to pay the application fee. She had a LSAC fee waiver like you and me. Maybe, I'll call and see what the deal is.



The only way you can get the fee waived is if the college of law gives you a code that you type in on the LSAC website. I don't think UF does it but FSU does. FSU "can't" waive the fee either according to Florida law; but, they do if you were in Summer for Undergraduates as they give you a code you type in. Sorry, but there is no way to get around paying the $30 application fee to UF and the LSAC fee waiver won't do it as I have this as well. At least it is only $30 dollars and not $80-$100 like some other schools!


REALLY? I paid the $30 app fee at FSU. I didn't know it was waived for SUG people. BOOOOO

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby Barbie » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:46 pm

minuit-- are you in transit yet!? :)

minuit
Posts: 611
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:39 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby minuit » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:47 pm

Barbie wrote:minuit-- are you in transit yet!? :)


no. what a mystery this is! especially because there are people decision pending that are auto-admit. they hate deuce and me!

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby Barbie » Wed Nov 10, 2010 3:57 pm

minuit wrote:
Barbie wrote:minuit-- are you in transit yet!? :)


no. what a mystery this is! especially because there are people decision pending that are auto-admit. they hate deuce and me!


Well I consider you both auto-admit as well!! This is very peculiar.

ns77770
Posts: 287
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:40 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby ns77770 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:13 pm

Barbie wrote:
minuit wrote:
Barbie wrote:minuit-- are you in transit yet!? :)


no. what a mystery this is! especially because there are people decision pending that are auto-admit. they hate deuce and me!


Well I consider you both auto-admit as well!! This is very peculiar.


This is really confusing and I'm interested to find out what this all means...

User avatar
Neo
Posts: 183
Joined: Sat May 01, 2010 3:45 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby Neo » Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:48 pm

minuit wrote:
Neo wrote:


The only way you can get the fee waived is if the college of law gives you a code that you type in on the LSAC website. I don't think UF does it but FSU does. FSU "can't" waive the fee either according to Florida law; but, they do if you were in Summer for Undergraduates as they give you a code you type in. Sorry, but there is no way to get around paying the $30 application fee to UF and the LSAC fee waiver won't do it as I have this as well. At least it is only $30 dollars and not $80-$100 like some other schools!


REALLY? I paid the $30 app fee at FSU. I didn't know it was waived for SUG people. BOOOOO




Ha ha ha that sucks :( Yeah, they told us towards the end of the program that it would be waived and we just had to call for the code when it was time to apply. Also, in one of the emails Ms. Daniels sent out it said that all we had to do was to call! I don't think you are the only one who forgot though so don't feel too bad. And hey, at least you are already accepted so it's no biggie :mrgreen:

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby Barbie » Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:52 pm

Oh come on guys, its $30. :)

Plus, this is still the UF thread- Lets complain about how we have no idea whats going on with admissions!! Bahhhh!

User avatar
Deuce
Posts: 1048
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:12 am

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby Deuce » Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:12 pm

minuit wrote:
Barbie wrote:minuit-- are you in transit yet!? :)


no. what a mystery this is! especially because there are people decision pending that are auto-admit. they hate deuce and me!

:lol: seriously, I think we're the only 2 without an update... maybe our apps fell out of the filing cabinet and are collecting dust behind the desk haha

mst
Posts: 925
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:01 am

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby mst » Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:19 pm

I can't bring myself to finish my UF application. I'm in auto-admit territory but it's just such a hassle to have to write an ENTIRELY new personal statement for one school that is well below my numbers, but is obviously the best choice in FL should I decide to stay here. God, I'm lazy.

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby Barbie » Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:20 pm

mst wrote:I can't bring myself to finish my UF application. I'm in auto-admit territory but it's just such a hassle to have to write an ENTIRELY new personal statement for one school that is well below my numbers, but is obviously the best choice in FL should I decide to stay here. God, I'm lazy.



uhhh...


ooooook.

mst
Posts: 925
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:01 am

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby mst » Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:23 pm

I like how we joined one day apart, I'm on this thing like 24/7, and yet you have 10 times the posts I have.

minuit
Posts: 611
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:39 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby minuit » Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:28 pm

mst wrote:I can't bring myself to finish my UF application. I'm in auto-admit territory but it's just such a hassle to have to write an ENTIRELY new personal statement for one school that is well below my numbers, but is obviously the best choice in FL should I decide to stay here. God, I'm lazy.


i'm lazy, too; hence, i used the same PS. if your numbers are that high, your PS is not going to matter.

but hey, what do i know, maybe that's why i have no status update :wink:

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby Barbie » Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:45 pm

mst wrote:I like how we joined one day apart, I'm on this thing like 24/7, and yet you have 10 times the posts I have.


cool observation. you're cool. 8)

minuit
Posts: 611
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:39 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby minuit » Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:07 pm

Barbie wrote:
mst wrote:I like how we joined one day apart, I'm on this thing like 24/7, and yet you have 10 times the posts I have.


cool observation. you're cool. 8)


fleur izz not amuzzed :lol:

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby Barbie » Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:12 pm

minuit wrote:
Barbie wrote:
mst wrote:I like how we joined one day apart, I'm on this thing like 24/7, and yet you have 10 times the posts I have.


cool observation. you're cool. 8)


fleur izz not amuzzed :lol:


haha. I think its disrespectful to waltz into a thread full of people who put a LOT into that application and act too good for it. I don't act pompous in my safety threads :) Plus we already have our King Auto-Admit (deuce) heh.

User avatar
Neo
Posts: 183
Joined: Sat May 01, 2010 3:45 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby Neo » Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:26 pm

Barbie wrote:Oh come on guys, its $30. :)

Plus, this is still the UF thread- Lets complain about how we have no idea whats going on with admissions!! Bahhhh!




I wasn't being rude or trying to pick a fight...I was just letting Minuit know about the information.

minuit
Posts: 611
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:39 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby minuit » Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:27 pm

Neo wrote:
Barbie wrote:Oh come on guys, its $30. :)

Plus, this is still the UF thread- Lets complain about how we have no idea whats going on with admissions!! Bahhhh!




I wasn't being rude or trying to pick a fight...I was just letting Minuit know about the information.


aww, i think she was just teasing us :)

User avatar
Neo
Posts: 183
Joined: Sat May 01, 2010 3:45 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby Neo » Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:31 pm

mst wrote:I can't bring myself to finish my UF application. I'm in auto-admit territory but it's just such a hassle to have to write an ENTIRELY new personal statement for one school that is well below my numbers, but is obviously the best choice in FL should I decide to stay here. God, I'm lazy.



Then do us a favor and don't finish the application. If you don't want to attend UF and feel like your numbers are "too good" then don't apply. If you are an auto-admit, give the seat to someone who really wants it and actually deserves it. You'll save yourself the time and help someone else out.

By the way, no one wants to do any extra work. But we do it because we want to achieve our goals. If you are being lazy about the application process, do yourself a favor and don't bother attending law school. Something tells me laziness won't get you very far.

User avatar
Neo
Posts: 183
Joined: Sat May 01, 2010 3:45 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby Neo » Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:33 pm

minuit wrote:
Neo wrote:
Barbie wrote:Oh come on guys, its $30. :)

Plus, this is still the UF thread- Lets complain about how we have no idea whats going on with admissions!! Bahhhh!




I wasn't being rude or trying to pick a fight...I was just letting Minuit know about the information.


aww, i think she was just teasing us :)





:oops: Stupid internets...makes it so hard to understand how people say things lol.

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby Barbie » Wed Nov 10, 2010 6:54 pm

Neo wrote:
minuit wrote:
Neo wrote:
Barbie wrote:Oh come on guys, its $30. :)

Plus, this is still the UF thread- Lets complain about how we have no idea whats going on with admissions!! Bahhhh!




I wasn't being rude or trying to pick a fight...I was just letting Minuit know about the information.


aww, i think she was just teasing us :)





:oops: Stupid internets...makes it so hard to understand how people say things lol.



haha yeah I was teasing. I'm so hot and cold! You'll never knowwww :mrgreen:

SixStrings11
Posts: 332
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:08 am

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby SixStrings11 » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:53 pm

Tomorrow marks one week of "final decision pending" for a lot of us. Hopefully some people start to see some changes. Preferably somewhere in the direction of "letter in transit" :D

User avatar
alicrimson
Posts: 923
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:27 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby alicrimson » Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:56 pm

SixStrings11 wrote:Tomorrow marks one week of "final decision pending" for a lot of us. Hopefully some people start to see some changes. Preferably somewhere in the direction of "letter in transit" :D



/"final decision pending" for me. :D And then transit an hour later. Haha. No chance of that but....oh well.

mst
Posts: 925
Joined: Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:01 am

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby mst » Wed Nov 10, 2010 8:32 pm

Neo wrote:
mst wrote:I can't bring myself to finish my UF application. I'm in auto-admit territory but it's just such a hassle to have to write an ENTIRELY new personal statement for one school that is well below my numbers, but is obviously the best choice in FL should I decide to stay here. God, I'm lazy.



Then do us a favor and don't finish the application. If you don't want to attend UF and feel like your numbers are "too good" then don't apply. If you are an auto-admit, give the seat to someone who really wants it and actually deserves it. You'll save yourself the time and help someone else out.

By the way, no one wants to do any extra work. But we do it because we want to achieve our goals. If you are being lazy about the application process, do yourself a favor and don't bother attending law school. Something tells me laziness won't get you very far.


Oh grow up people and stop being overly-sensitive. Just because I complain that UF has a VERY stupid requirement for its personal statement when almost every other peer school allows general topics doesn't mean you have to get upset with me for being "lazy" and "disrespectful". I'm sorry that you put a shit-ton of work into this application and might not get in. That sucks. It does. I wish I knew what it felt like. Except, wait: I DO. I'm applying to well over 20 law schools, a good deal of which I stand no chance of getting into. Do you think that's in any way EASY? I'm not a complete douche who thinks he's too good for UF, I'm just pissed that I have to completely rework 1/3 of my entire application for one particular school for no good reason.

I don't understand why you feel the need to get personally offended by that (and go on to attack my character) rather than just say "Well, yeah, it sucks. In fact, we wouldn't have had to put a lot into this particular application if UF would just fit the standards that every other school seems to have set. It really makes no sense." All I was looking for were some people who could sympathize, but instead I got a couple of people who act like anybody that doesn't treat a UF law application like a life judgement is an inconsiderate asshole.

And please, spare me the crap about "wanting it" or "deserving it." That's WAY more offensive than me walking in here complaining about ridiculous application requirements. I was well below UF's medians a year ago, and I worked my ass off and basically gave my life away to improve my GPA and LSAT, just so I could get into UF in particular. Don't make assumptions about other people you've never met based off two lines on a message board... And take a gosh darn chill pill.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: MSNbot Media and 2 guests