U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
alicrimson

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby alicrimson » Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:10 pm

Last edited by alicrimson on Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Neo

Postby Neo » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:22 pm

alicrimson wrote:Wow, UF is fast! I sent in a check late Saturday night and my status is under initial review. Good night! Hahaha. I'm not sure if I like this though or if it makes me way nervous. lol. Anywho, luck to all finding out this week. Seizures all around. Also, to my fellow likely waitlist and on the fence comrades, its going to be a loooong couple of months but at least we submitted early and are probably up higher on a list than we would be otherwise. Atleast, that is what I will continue to tell myself. Always optimistic.

When it comes to taking your money, people tend to be pretty quick about things ha ha. :P

jr1886

Postby jr1886 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:58 pm

alicrimson wrote:Wow, UF is fast! I sent in a check late Saturday night and my status is under initial review
Mine says the same too and I paid online Saturday night. How long before we hear from UF?

Barbie

Postby Barbie » Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:26 pm

jr1886 wrote:
alicrimson wrote:Wow, UF is fast! I sent in a check late Saturday night and my status is under initial review
Mine says the same too and I paid online Saturday night. How long before we hear from UF?

FOR EVARRRRR!!!!
I'm not sure if you guys will be put into the first wave... I would think so... but its hard to tell. If your status' change to match ours soon then probably so.

alicrimson

Postby alicrimson » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:57 pm

Last edited by alicrimson on Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Barbie

Postby Barbie » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:59 pm

alicrimson wrote:
Barbie wrote:
jr1886 wrote:

FOR EVARRRRR!!!!
I'm not sure if you guys will be put into the first wave... I would think so... but its hard to tell. If your status' change to match ours soon then probably so.

Oh I certainly hope so. Otherwise, there was no point to early app submission. Oh man. I guess this is something not to stress over, as its completely outside of the realm of control.

Yeah. Like I know Bloomington has seperated its waves already. People who applied in the past few weeks are the second wave (their email says 8-10 weeks) and those of us who applied september or very early october are the first wave (6-8 weeks). I think it probably depends on how many people applied really early. Either way, you recent applicants should definitly know before Christmas IMO.

ns77770

Postby ns77770 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:33 pm

Hey I only checked my status checker like 4 times today.... I'm pretty proud of myself!

Barbie

Postby Barbie » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:34 pm

ns77770 wrote:Hey I only checked my status checker like 4 times today.... I'm pretty proud of myself!

Hey! You keep that frequency up! I don't have to check mine because I'm sure TLS (meaning, you :D :D ) will tell me when I need to. heh

ns77770

Postby ns77770 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:40 pm

Barbie wrote:
ns77770 wrote:Hey I only checked my status checker like 4 times today.... I'm pretty proud of myself!

Hey! You keep that frequency up! I don't have to check mine because I'm sure TLS (meaning, you :D :D ) will tell me when I need to. heh

haha good strategy, youre going to save yourself a lot of clicking lol

tea_drinker

Postby tea_drinker » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:23 pm

I know I am late to the game here, but my status checker just changed to "under initial review." :D :D

From your experiences, is this the official review? What comes after initial review?

LSATmakesMeNeurotic

Postby LSATmakesMeNeurotic » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:25 pm

I sent mine in around October 18, and the status says final decision pending. Would I be considered in the first wave then or the second? Also, my numbers are 164/3.6

Barbie

Postby Barbie » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:28 pm

tbldc- I have gathered that this is just review. The next status checker (the one most of us have) will be something along the lines of "review complete, decision pending"... at that point, I really have no idea what that means.

LSATneurotic- I would guess that means you're in the first wave, considering you have the same status checker as I do and I submitted in September! And if it helps, I would consider your numbers a definite lock.

LSATmakesMeNeurotic

Postby LSATmakesMeNeurotic » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:31 pm

Barbie wrote:
LSATneurotic- I would guess that means you're in the first wave, considering you have the same status checker as I do and I submitted in September! And if it helps, I would consider your numbers a definite lock.

Sweet. I saw somewhere on the website that they don't start sending out decisions until late November, so that could be why we all have "decision pending." I'm tired of this waiting game though.

tea_drinker

Postby tea_drinker » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:38 pm

Thanks Barbie. Hope I don't have to wait long.

Barbie

Postby Barbie » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:42 pm

LSATmakesMeNeurotic wrote:
Barbie wrote:

Sweet. I saw somewhere on the website that they don't start sending out decisions until late November, so that could be why we all have "decision pending." I'm tired of this waiting game though.

This is true, but we also went under review before anyone from last year's cycle. So, feel free to check your status checker all the time :) I hope we hear soon! I have some serious ants in my pants.

Triple_Entendre

Postby Triple_Entendre » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:49 pm

Hey.

So, I sent my application in on November 8, 2010, but I still haven't gotten anything from UF. Not status check information or notification that they received my app. How long does it take to hear that UF has received your application? :D

Barbie

Postby Barbie » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:52 pm

Triple_Entendre wrote:Hey.

So, I sent my application in on November 8, 2010, but I still haven't gotten anything from UF. Not status check information or notification that they received my app. How long does it take to hear that UF has received your application? :D

In about a week you will recieve an email sending you to another website. Here you will fill out more application information, resident information, and pay the application fee. Then, I would say about a week after that, you will get your status checker. Be patient :).

Triple_Entendre

Postby Triple_Entendre » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:57 pm

Barbie wrote:

In about a week you will recieve an email sending you to another website. Here you will fill out more application information, resident information, and pay the application fee. Then, I would say about a week after that, you will get your status checker. Be patient :).

Thanks...but I went onto the UF website where you can log into the status checker and I typed in my LSAC username that I got from another application I sent in and the password and now I can see my application status. It say's they are processing application and documents. BTW I have a fee waiver, so I don't have to wait for that email for my application to be reviewed right?

Deuce

Postby Deuce » Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:58 pm

Triple_Entendre wrote:
Barbie wrote:

Thanks...but I went onto the UF website where you can log into the status checker and I typed in my LSAC username that I got from another application I sent in and the password and now I can see my application status. It say's they are processing application and documents. BTW I have a fee waiver, so I don't have to wait for that email for my application to be reviewed right?

A fee waiver from UF? Isn't it Florida law that the $30 cannot be waived for any circumstance?

Triple_Entendre

Postby Triple_Entendre » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:00 pm

Deuce wrote:
Triple_Entendre wrote:
Barbie wrote:

A fee waiver from UF? Isn't it Florida law that the $30 cannot be waived for any circumstance?

You know the LSAC fee waiver that allows you to apply to most school's without paying the fee. I have that one.

Triple_Entendre

Postby Triple_Entendre » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:03 pm

Hey Deuce:

I see where you got that information from on the UF Law site it says:
"In addition, the $30 application fee is a State of Florida charge and cannot be waived by the Levin College of Law."

That means that the Levin College of Law cannot waive the fee, however, LSAC can and did when I received my LSAC fee waiver. I hope that clears it up. :)

Deuce

Postby Deuce » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:05 pm

Triple_Entendre wrote:Hey Deuce:

"In addition, the $30 application fee is a State of Florida charge and cannot be waived by the Levin College of Law."

That means that the Levin College of Law cannot waive the fee, however, LSAC can and did when I received my LSAC fee waiver. I hope that clears it up. :)

I also have the LSAC fee, and also had to pay the $30 in the follow-up website you will be receiving shortly from UF.

Triple_Entendre

Postby Triple_Entendre » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:08 pm

Deuce wrote:
Triple_Entendre wrote:Hey Deuce:

I also have the LSAC fee, and also had to pay the $30 in the follow-up website you will be receiving shortly from UF.

Well that's strange, last year my friend's application got reviewed and everything without her having to pay the application fee. She had a LSAC fee waiver like you and me. Maybe, I'll call and see what the deal is.

Barbie

Postby Barbie » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:14 pm

Even people with the LSAC fee waiver have to pay UF the $30.

Either way, the supplemental information is not just to pay the application fee. That's interesting that you kind of jumped the gun, but I wouldn't take anything on the status checker right now seriously.

Triple_Entendre

Postby Triple_Entendre » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:20 pm

Barbie wrote:Even people with the LSAC fee waiver have to pay UF the $30.

Either way, the supplemental information is not just to pay the application fee. That's interesting that you kind of jumped the gun, but I wouldn't take anything on the status checker right now seriously.

Yea, I know, I couldn't help myself. So, maybe she did pay. The supplemental information has other things that are important, so I'll keep an eye out for that. GOT IT. Thanks :D & Why wouldn't you take anything on the status checker seriously right now?

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”