U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
ns77770
Posts: 287
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:40 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby ns77770 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:45 pm

Neo wrote:Hey all,

I have been thinking about this status checker change and perhaps we are all being a bit too emotionally charged about it. Perhaps it means exactly what it says: the review is complete, and a final decision is pending. This may not be a blanket statement. In other words, this could mean different things for different people. Perhaps those who have seen no status change (e.g. minuit and deuce), have had no change in status (i.e. they are still under initial review).

I don't think this statement means wait-list, deny, or hold. There is no way that every single person has gotten either wait-listed, denied, or held and the only two accepted are minuit and deuce. I mean I could be wrong here but I think this makes the most sense.

Sixstrings also made a good point; everyone who has this status change seems like they are on the bubble. Maybe this status change means that the reviewers have each individually read the files and they are getting together to talk about them in order to pass a final verdict together.


Yeah maybe you're right (read: I'm going to believe this because it makes me feel better).

jeremychristiansen
Posts: 76
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:44 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby jeremychristiansen » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:52 pm

I am 163 and 3.67 FYI and my status changed to final decision pending. i can't even remember if those are strong numbers or not for UF

ns77770
Posts: 287
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:40 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby ns77770 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:54 pm

jeremychristiansen wrote:I am 163 and 3.67 FYI and my status changed to final decision pending. i can't even remember if those are strong numbers or not for UF


In state?

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby Barbie » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:58 pm

jeremychristiansen wrote:I am 163 and 3.67 FYI and my status changed to final decision pending. i can't even remember if those are strong numbers or not for UF


I'm almost sure you are above both medians. (I know you're above the 162 LSAT median, but not sure about GPA). I really hope we get some answers soon! I don't like not knowing :(

minuit
Posts: 611
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:39 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby minuit » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:23 pm

jeremychristiansen wrote:I am 163 and 3.67 FYI and my status changed to final decision pending. i can't even remember if those are strong numbers or not for UF


I can't imagine them not accepting you... this is all very odd.

User avatar
Deuce
Posts: 1048
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:12 am

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby Deuce » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:29 pm

Barbie wrote:Deuce (although he may be lying to make me feel better) said his buddy with a 163/3.8 has the "decision pending" status too. Since I would consider those almost lock #s, thats kindof a good sign...? haha.


Haha I wouldn't lie to you! So far all of my friends have had their statuses change, good and bad #s alike except for me. I'm guessing it means they don't like my application and it's being held over for another round of review.

User avatar
Neo
Posts: 183
Joined: Sat May 01, 2010 3:45 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby Neo » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:32 pm

minuit wrote:
jeremychristiansen wrote:I am 163 and 3.67 FYI and my status changed to final decision pending. i can't even remember if those are strong numbers or not for UF


I can't imagine them not accepting you... this is all very odd.



That is because the message DOES NOT MEAN you will not be accepted...

minuit
Posts: 611
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:39 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby minuit » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:42 pm

Deuce wrote:
Barbie wrote:Deuce (although he may be lying to make me feel better) said his buddy with a 163/3.8 has the "decision pending" status too. Since I would consider those almost lock #s, thats kindof a good sign...? haha.


Haha I wouldn't lie to you! So far all of my friends have had their statuses change, good and bad #s alike except for me. I'm guessing it means they don't like my application and it's being held over for another round of review.


+1

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby Barbie » Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:09 pm

minuit wrote:
Deuce wrote:
Barbie wrote:Deuce (although he may be lying to make me feel better) said his buddy with a 163/3.8 has the "decision pending" status too. Since I would consider those almost lock #s, thats kindof a good sign...? haha.


Haha I wouldn't lie to you! So far all of my friends have had their statuses change, good and bad #s alike except for me. I'm guessing it means they don't like my application and it's being held over for another round of review.


+1


You 2 are DEF not being held for another round-- shh!!

I wager both of your status' change to "letter in transit" in the next few days!! Jussayin;)

jeremychristiansen
Posts: 76
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:44 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby jeremychristiansen » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:30 pm

ns77770 wrote:
jeremychristiansen wrote:I am 163 and 3.67 FYI and my status changed to final decision pending. i can't even remember if those are strong numbers or not for UF


In state?


Nope. Out-of-state

ns77770
Posts: 287
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:40 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby ns77770 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:43 pm

Well I think it is safe to say it is going to be an interesting week.

jeremychristiansen
Posts: 76
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:44 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby jeremychristiansen » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:48 pm

ns77770 wrote:Well I think it is safe to say it is going to be an interesting week.


Does the fact that I am out-of-state really make this any different?

ns77770
Posts: 287
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:40 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby ns77770 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:55 pm

jeremychristiansen wrote:
ns77770 wrote:Well I think it is safe to say it is going to be an interesting week.


Does the fact that I am out-of-state really make this any different?


Well I was speaking more generally and not specifically about you being out of state, although it certainly does make things interesting since you seem pretty close to an auto-admit (and therefore give me hope about my status) even if you are out of state.

minuit
Posts: 611
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:39 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby minuit » Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:26 am

still no change over here... boooooo

User avatar
DrackedaryMaster
Posts: 181
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:11 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby DrackedaryMaster » Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:59 pm

Sent my package off today. I hope I haven't arrived to late in this game. I've got 163/3.8 and thought that would be safe enough here, though I had a rough time writing a meaningful addendum for my two previous scores (148, 149) based on how UF words their treatment of them in the application instructions. And I thought waiting for LSAT scores was bad.

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby Barbie » Sat Nov 06, 2010 12:06 am

DrackedaryMaster wrote:Sent my package off today. I hope I haven't arrived to late in this game. I've got 163/3.8 and thought that would be safe enough here, though I had a rough time writing a meaningful addendum for my two previous scores (148, 149) based on how UF words their treatment of them in the application instructions. And I thought waiting for LSAT scores was bad.


Can you expand on the bolded? I do not remember the instructions... nor if I submitted an LSAT addendum... ehhhh

User avatar
DrackedaryMaster
Posts: 181
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:11 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby DrackedaryMaster » Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:59 am

Barbie wrote:
DrackedaryMaster wrote:Sent my package off today. I hope I haven't arrived to late in this game. I've got 163/3.8 and thought that would be safe enough here, though I had a rough time writing a meaningful addendum for my two previous scores (148, 149) based on how UF words their treatment of them in the application instructions. And I thought waiting for LSAT scores was bad.


Can you expand on the bolded? I do not remember the instructions... nor if I submitted an LSAT addendum... ehhhh



The instuctions say something about in the abscence of illness or some other factor beyond the applicant's control, they will consider all scores and that score jumps should be explained in an addendum. It seems like if they don't get an answer that satisfies their expectations, they'll possibly average or still give some weight to the lower scores. I sincerly hope they don't do that, and I'm sure that when pnly one bad score is involved, they probably dont. But two probably makes them a little more investigative.

jeremychristiansen
Posts: 76
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:44 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby jeremychristiansen » Sat Nov 06, 2010 9:01 am

They FINALLY cashed my application fee check. I don't know that that has ANYTHING to do with a decision; but, I am glad because it took almost two solid months for them to do it.

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby Barbie » Sat Nov 06, 2010 11:15 am

DrackedaryMaster wrote:
Barbie wrote:
DrackedaryMaster wrote:Sent my package off today. I hope I haven't arrived to late in this game. I've got 163/3.8 and thought that would be safe enough here, though I had a rough time writing a meaningful addendum for my two previous scores (148, 149) based on how UF words their treatment of them in the application instructions. And I thought waiting for LSAT scores was bad.


Can you expand on the bolded? I do not remember the instructions... nor if I submitted an LSAT addendum... ehhhh



The instuctions say something about in the abscence of illness or some other factor beyond the applicant's control, they will consider all scores and that score jumps should be explained in an addendum. It seems like if they don't get an answer that satisfies their expectations, they'll possibly average or still give some weight to the lower scores. I sincerly hope they don't do that, and I'm sure that when pnly one bad score is involved, they probably dont. But two probably makes them a little more investigative.


Ahhh okay! I just looked and I did attach an LSAT addendum for them. Good! I had a decent reason I guess, and I got a 9 point jump without studying on the next test so I hope it works out. You got me all worried.. hha

User avatar
Neo
Posts: 183
Joined: Sat May 01, 2010 3:45 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby Neo » Sat Nov 06, 2010 4:54 pm

Barbie,

I just wanted to say that I don't like your new avatar...she scares me :(
The other barbie was so upbeat ha ha.

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby Barbie » Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:14 pm

Neo wrote:Barbie,

I just wanted to say that I don't like your new avatar...she scares me :(
The other barbie was so upbeat ha ha.



haha for the SF thread our 1000th page celebration everyone was named a character in harry potter.. she was mine. and everyone changed their avatars. barbie will be back :)

User avatar
Neo
Posts: 183
Joined: Sat May 01, 2010 3:45 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby Neo » Sat Nov 06, 2010 6:38 pm

Barbie wrote:
Neo wrote:Barbie,

I just wanted to say that I don't like your new avatar...she scares me :(
The other barbie was so upbeat ha ha.



haha for the SF thread our 1000th page celebration everyone was named a character in harry potter.. she was mine. and everyone changed their avatars. barbie will be back :)



Oh ok cool :lol: What's the "SF" thread??

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby Barbie » Sat Nov 06, 2010 7:03 pm

It started as an on-topic thread, but eventually we got lounged. SF=Super Friendliness, pretty much a contrast to the BP (bitter pessimism) thread. Good peoples :D

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=136182

minuit
Posts: 611
Joined: Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:39 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby minuit » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:51 am

still nothing. wtf mate.

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby Barbie » Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:46 am

minuit wrote:still nothing. wtf mate.


I still predict a "letter in transit" for you soon...




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baby Gaga, Christinabruin, Google [Bot], Leliana, lillawyer2, mmengden, root_beer, spursforever, wiyjkim and 18 guests