U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Felix2009

New

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Post by Felix2009 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 10:40 am

ns77770 wrote:Hey guys sorry to change the subject, but can somebody give me the travel time from the Haile Plantation to Levin during the morning rush hours (or take a guess)? Thanks in advance!
It is about a 30 minute drive in traffic... the most congestion you will see is on Archer, but right now it's a bit worse than normal because of some construction.

irishvt14

Bronze

Post by irishvt14 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:51 am

waitlisted...does anyone know what the likelihood of getting off the waitlist is?

FortuneFavorsTheBold

Bronze

Post by FortuneFavorsTheBold » Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:28 pm

checked the fin aid update on ISIS...and basically if my scholly and loans were a mixed drink......each semester would be about 5 parts loans, one part scholly.... :-( ....not a good tasting drink at all.

Barbie

Gold

Post by Barbie » Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:32 pm

FortuneFavorsTheBold wrote:checked the fin aid update on ISIS...and basically if my scholly and loans were a mixed drink......each semester would be about 5 parts loans, one part scholly.... :-( ....not a good tasting drink at all.
so, it shows your loans? Also, are you complete or incomplete under aid status?

:( I is deprived. :(

thewarflamingo

Silver

Post by thewarflamingo » Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:43 pm

Barbie wrote:
FortuneFavorsTheBold wrote:checked the fin aid update on ISIS...and basically if my scholly and loans were a mixed drink......each semester would be about 5 parts loans, one part scholly.... :-( ....not a good tasting drink at all.
so, it shows your loans? Also, are you complete or incomplete under aid status?

:( I is deprived. :(
*sigh* me too still.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

LSATmakesMeNeurotic

Silver

Post by LSATmakesMeNeurotic » Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:46 pm

I'm 5 part loan, no part scholly. I guess my drink is on the rocks.

hurricane10

Bronze

Post by hurricane10 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:47 pm

Mine financial aid package has been up on ISIS for a while now I think but I just today got an e-mail this morning that it was available. weird. for everyone still waiting, maybe they do it alphabetically or something.. who knows.

ns77770

Bronze

Post by ns77770 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:49 pm

I see mine too, and it kinda sucks frankly.

thewarflamingo

Silver

Post by thewarflamingo » Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:52 pm

For those of you who can see your loans, how long ago did you all complete your MPN and entrance counseling?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Barbie

Gold

Post by Barbie » Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:01 pm

I just called and spoke with admissions & financial aid... but nothing was resolved :( they put me through to financial aid main campus but after a few minutes of waiting I hung up. It seems that being "incomplete" is abnormal. I can't see my loans, and I am not complete :( Ruh roh...

thewarflamingo

Silver

Post by thewarflamingo » Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:05 pm

Barbie wrote:I just called and spoke with admissions & financial aid... but nothing was resolved :( they put me through to financial aid main campus but after a few minutes of waiting I hung up. It seems that being "incomplete" is abnormal. I can't see my loans, and I am not complete :( Ruh roh...
Of course it has to happen to us haha

Barbie

Gold

Post by Barbie » Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:07 pm

thewarflamingo wrote:
Barbie wrote:I just called and spoke with admissions & financial aid... but nothing was resolved :( they put me through to financial aid main campus but after a few minutes of waiting I hung up. It seems that being "incomplete" is abnormal. I can't see my loans, and I am not complete :( Ruh roh...
lol right! did you get that email they are talkin about?

thewarflamingo

Silver

Post by thewarflamingo » Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:27 pm

Barbie wrote:
thewarflamingo wrote:
Nope, but I also don't seem to get several emails other people have gotten, like about housing and the football lottery. I get the Admitted Student Newflashes though.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

prettyinpink02

New

Post by prettyinpink02 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:28 pm

Barbie wrote:
thewarflamingo wrote:
Flamingo I looked yesterday and I finished my mpn and counseling 2 days before you so not sure why yours is like that. As for barbie you just did yours yesterday so it should come through in the next couple of days. If it's not there in a week then I would worry but until then I think you are ok!

Sorry guys :(

thewarflamingo

Silver

Post by thewarflamingo » Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:31 pm

prettyinpink02 wrote:
Barbie wrote:
thewarflamingo wrote:
Flamingo I looked yesterday and I finished my mpn and counseling 2 days before you so not sure why yours is like that. As for barbie you just did yours yesterday so it should come through in the next couple of days. If it's not there in a week then I would worry but until then I think you are ok!

Sorry guys :(
hmm so I'm the only one who should be worrying then? haha I'm just going to pretend that they are planning on giving me more money so they are waiting to post my financial aid package. :wink:

prettyinpink02

New

Post by prettyinpink02 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:35 pm

Hahaha sounds like a good plan to me! Glass half full outlook FTW!!!!

Neo

Bronze

Post by Neo » Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:15 pm

thewarflamingo wrote:For those of you who can see your loans, how long ago did you all complete your MPN and entrance counseling?

I can see the loans (but it says "projected"). I don't see anything about having an incomplete aid status and I have not completed the MPN and entrance counseling quiz. Also, I got the email earlier today notifying me that my aid status has changed (but it was exactly the same as before the email was sent).

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

thewarflamingo

Silver

Post by thewarflamingo » Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:24 pm

Neo wrote:
thewarflamingo wrote:For those of you who can see your loans, how long ago did you all complete your MPN and entrance counseling?

I can see the loans (but it says "projected"). I don't see anything about having an incomplete aid status and I have not completed the MPN and entrance counseling quiz. Also, I got the email earlier today notifying me that my aid status has changed (but it was exactly the same as before the email was sent).
Oh ok thank you so much for posting this! Now Barbie and I know that our stuff is just messed up. Hmm...time to call the school!

Neo

Bronze

Post by Neo » Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:26 pm

thewarflamingo wrote:
Neo wrote:

Oh ok thank you so much for posting this! Now Barbie and I know that our stuff is just messed up. Hmm...time to call the school!

No problem! I am glad I could help. Is the MPN and counseling quiz important? Or should I just not worry about not having done it?

thewarflamingo

Silver

Post by thewarflamingo » Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:35 pm

Neo wrote:
thewarflamingo wrote:
Neo wrote:

No problem! I am glad I could help. Is the MPN and counseling quiz important? Or should I just not worry about not having done it?
Yeah you need to do both of them before they will disburse loans to you.

thewarflamingo

Silver

Post by thewarflamingo » Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:41 pm

Ok I figured out why my financial aid status is still saying incomplete. I pretty much have to just sit and wait for it to clear.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

AU2010NC

New

Post by AU2010NC » Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:43 pm

what is this counseling thing that yall are talking about, I haven't heard of it until it was mentioned on here

massattack

New

Post by massattack » Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:49 pm

irishvt14 wrote:waitlisted...does anyone know what the likelihood of getting off the waitlist is?
Something I've noticed about UF students on this thread:

They only care to speak with you if you've gotten in. Think about that if you DO get in.

thewarflamingo

Silver

Post by thewarflamingo » Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:50 pm

AU2010NC wrote:what is this counseling thing that yall are talking about, I haven't heard of it until it was mentioned on here
go to studentloans.gov and do the entrance counseling and MPN. The entrance counseling just ensures that you know all the information about the loans, it's basically a quiz.

thewarflamingo

Silver

Post by thewarflamingo » Mon Apr 25, 2011 3:57 pm

massattack wrote:
irishvt14 wrote:waitlisted...does anyone know what the likelihood of getting off the waitlist is?
Something I've noticed about UF students on this thread:

They only care to speak with you if you've gotten in. Think about that if you DO get in.
Nope, we just don't know anything about the waitlist, so we can't help the person.

Good luck to those who were recently waitlisted!

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”