U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
thewarflamingo

Postby thewarflamingo » Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:33 pm

Last edited by thewarflamingo on Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Barbie

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby Barbie » Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:35 pm

thewarflamingo wrote:
Barbie wrote:
thewarflamingo wrote:Ok just to double check, when y'all are talking about seeing your financial aid information, it just says the following, right?

Your combined aggregate Stafford Loan total as of your most recent 2011-2012 financial aid application is $X

Your combined aggregate federal loan total as of your most recent 2011-2012 financial aid application is $X

Stafford and scholarships are the only things that should be showing up right now since we can't apply for GradPLUS until July 15th, right?

I thought that was the amt of loans we already had... and my # is different than yours.

Ohhhhhhhhh you might be right that it's how much in loans we already have. Can you edit my numbers out in your quote then? lol

Then mine only shows my scholarship amount.

done :) have you done the master promissory note and the counselling quiz?

thewarflamingo

Postby thewarflamingo » Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:38 pm

Barbie wrote:done :) have you done the master promissory note and the counselling quiz?

Thank you. :D

Yeah, I did the MPN for both Stafford and GradPLUS, and I did my entrance counseling. I think I'm pretty much done with everything until July 15th when I need to fill out my GradPLUS application.

Barbie

Postby Barbie » Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:40 pm

thewarflamingo wrote:
Barbie wrote:done :) have you done the master promissory note and the counselling quiz?

Yeah, I did the MPN for both Stafford and GradPLUS, and I did my entrance counseling. I think I'm pretty much done with everything until July 15th when I need to fill out my GradPLUS application.

Oh ok I just did that because prettyinpink said thats why I couldn't see my loan amounts. I can only see my grant and what I've borrowed so far.

thewarflamingo

Postby thewarflamingo » Sun Apr 24, 2011 1:45 pm

Barbie wrote:
thewarflamingo wrote:

Oh ok I just did that because prettyinpink said thats why I couldn't see my loan amounts. I can only see my grant and what I've borrowed so far.

Oh, damn. Well I did mine maybe a little over a week ago, so maybe mine just hasn't been processed yet. However, I think it was only like a day or two after prettyinpink did hers because her facebook status reminded me to do it, so I don't know. Can someone give an example of what it's supposed to say/look like when it shows the loan amounts?

thewarflamingo

Postby thewarflamingo » Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:09 pm

Last edited by thewarflamingo on Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:16 am, edited 1 time in total.

Neo

Postby Neo » Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:19 pm

thewarflamingo wrote:

What's the master promissory note and quiz you guys are talking about? Is that online or was that a paper form we filled out with the acceptance package?

thewarflamingo

Postby thewarflamingo » Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:26 pm

Neo wrote:
thewarflamingo wrote:

What's the master promissory note and quiz you guys are talking about? Is that online or was that a paper form we filled out with the acceptance package?

go to studentloans.gov and fill out TWO MPNs, one for Stafford and one for GradPLUS. Then complete the entrance counseling. Then you should be good.

Postby 98234872348 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:28 pm

thewarflamingo wrote:Any other runners in the group? Barbie and I want to start a running group in the fall and we need more people to join us! Would anyone be interested? It'll probably be mostly 5K-5 mile distances.

Also, do any of y'all run half marathons? I'll be training for my 3rd half in the fall, and I would love to find a training buddy. :D

One of the professors here actually does a 5k jog with students every Friday at 2.

thewarflamingo

Postby thewarflamingo » Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:31 pm

Last edited by thewarflamingo on Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Barbie

Postby Barbie » Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:31 pm

thewarflamingo wrote:
Neo wrote:
thewarflamingo wrote:

go to studentloans.gov and fill out TWO MPNs, one for Stafford and one for GradPLUS. Then complete the entrance counseling. Then you should be good.

Uhh.. I didn't do the one for GradPLUS...? I don't think I'm going to need more $ than the stafford.. can I wait to see what I'm offered?

thewarflamingo

Postby thewarflamingo » Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:34 pm

Barbie wrote:
Uhh.. I didn't do the one for GradPLUS...? I don't think I'm going to need more $ than the stafford.. can I wait to see what I'm offered?

Yeah you can wait especially since the GradPLUS application isn't available to submit until July 15th, but if you are going to need more than the Stafford loans (20,500/year), then you'll need to fill out the MPN for GradPLUS, which most people will probably need to do.

Barbie

Postby Barbie » Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:39 pm

thewarflamingo wrote:
Barbie wrote:

Yeah you can wait especially since the GradPLUS application isn't available to submit until July 15th, but if you are going to need more than the Stafford loans (20,500/year), then you'll need to fill out the MPN for GradPLUS, which most people will probably need to do.

I need to figure out if my grant is given to me on top of the 20k/year (if so, that would be more than enough $$). I've heard its not on top of it, but it was for my UG so...

thewarflamingo

Postby thewarflamingo » Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:45 pm

Barbie wrote:
thewarflamingo wrote:
Barbie wrote:

I need to figure out if my grant is given to me on top of the 20k/year (if so, that would be more than enough $$). I've heard its not on top of it, but it was for my UG so...

I would think it should be grant + 20K Stafford, but I did a quick google search and couldn't find anything, so I don't know. You should call Carol Huber tomorrow and ask.

Postby 98234872348 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:56 pm

n
Last edited by 98234872348 on Sat Aug 20, 2011 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

GatorStudent

Postby GatorStudent » Sun Apr 24, 2011 3:17 pm

thewarflamingo wrote:That is awesome. How is it announced for us to hear about it when we start school?

I think they actually talked about it in orientation last year, and as mistergoft posted, there's a FB group.

Also, just fyi for everyone, law students are VERY active in other sports (and good at them, too!). For example, a law school team won UF's men's IM championship the last few years. If you want to remain active as a law student but also enjoy camaraderie, you'll have a good chance to do so!

prettyinpink02

Postby prettyinpink02 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:06 pm

thewarflamingo wrote:
Barbie wrote:
thewarflamingo wrote:

Oh, damn. Well I did mine maybe a little over a week ago, so maybe mine just hasn't been processed yet. However, I think it was only like a day or two after prettyinpink did hers because her facebook status reminded me to do it, so I don't know. Can someone give an example of what it's supposed to say/look like when it shows the loan amounts?

Count me in for the running!!! DUH!!! And I saw my amounts under awards and dispursments not under the aid status!!! I hope this helps but the reason Barbie cant see hers is cuz it takes two to three days after you do the counseling thing. But Flamingo you should be able to see yours, its just projected but it told me how much I should expect in Stafford and GradPLUS.

thewarflamingo

Postby thewarflamingo » Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:15 pm

prettyinpink02 wrote:
Count me in for the running!!! DUH!!! And I saw my amounts under awards and dispursments not under the aid status!!! I hope this helps but the reason Barbie cant see hers is cuz it takes two to three days after you do the counseling thing. But Flamingo you should be able to see yours, its just projected but it told me how much I should expect in Stafford and GradPLUS.

Hmm weird, mine only shows my scholarship. *shrug* I'll call them later this week if it doesn't appear. At the top it says "You have missing financial aid documents or requirements" which is weird because I've done everything. It's just the FAFSA, MPN and entrance counseling, right? Maybe mine is just taking longer to be processed.

prettyinpink02

Postby prettyinpink02 » Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:26 pm

thewarflamingo wrote:
prettyinpink02 wrote:

Hmm weird, mine only shows my scholarship. *shrug* I'll call them later this week if it doesn't appear. At the top it says "You have missing financial aid documents or requirements" which is weird because I've done everything. It's just the FAFSA, MPN and entrance counseling, right? Maybe mine is just taking longer to be processed.

Ya that should be it. My status also doesn't say incomplete so maybe you are missing something IDK!!!!

thewarflamingo

Postby thewarflamingo » Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:35 pm

prettyinpink02 wrote:
thewarflamingo wrote:
prettyinpink02 wrote:

Ya that should be it. My status also doesn't say incomplete so maybe you are missing something IDK!!!!

I just checked my stuff and I did the MPN and counseling on Saturday, April 16th, so I'll give it one more week till I call.

Barbie

Postby Barbie » Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:33 pm

prettyinpink02 wrote:
thewarflamingo wrote:
prettyinpink02 wrote:

It says you are complete?
Under my Financial Aid Status I have this:

File Status

Your financial aid file is incomplete because:

Your admission or registration status is incomplete.

ns77770

Postby ns77770 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:50 am

Hey guys sorry to change the subject, but can somebody give me the travel time from the Haile Plantation to Levin during the morning rush hours (or take a guess)? Thanks in advance!

Aro5389

Postby Aro5389 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:22 am

thewarflamingo wrote:Any other runners in the group? Barbie and I want to start a running group in the fall and we need more people to join us! Would anyone be interested? It'll probably be mostly 5K-5 mile distances.

Also, do any of y'all run half marathons? I'll be training for my 3rd half in the fall, and I would love to find a training buddy. :D

I'm going to start running this summer with my sister. I think she's signing us up for a half marathon at Disney in October. So I might be down for some 5ks come fall :)

FGCUguy123

Postby FGCUguy123 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:25 am

Withdrew. Goodluck.

Bobo355

Postby Bobo355 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 8:02 am

ns77770 wrote:Hey guys sorry to change the subject, but can somebody give me the travel time from the Haile Plantation to Levin during the morning rush hours (or take a guess)? Thanks in advance!

As always it depends on what time you are going to be driving to Levin. During rush hours (4pm-6pm) it's probably about 45 minutes. During a normal time it's about 25min. Just avoid newberry road until the last possible minute and you'll be fine :-)

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”