U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
FortuneFavorsTheBold
Posts: 145
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:54 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby FortuneFavorsTheBold » Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:21 pm

wbbguy wrote:Is the 'acceptance letter' a package, and the rejection letter a letter? Or are they both the same? Not that it matters, I'll open the mail when I get it either way, but this way the suspense is ended at the mailbox and I dont have to tear through an envelope to get the answer. lol


just know 8x11 = SCORE ....regular letter sized envelope......not so sure

User avatar
FortuneFavorsTheBold
Posts: 145
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:54 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby FortuneFavorsTheBold » Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:26 pm

LSATmakesMeNeurotic wrote:I turned down 24k, but I think if I had gotten 34, I'd be going to FSU next year. Don't turn down THAT kind of cash.


I'd have to agree with Neurotic.... but really ask yourself personal financial questions...like for example, my car is going to crap on me any day now... If FSU offered me nearly twice the tuition in scholly money, something about free rent, a new car, and money left over would be EXTREMELY tempting. If you're financially stable, and dont really need the extra money, then sure, UF would be good.
Last edited by FortuneFavorsTheBold on Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

ns77770
Posts: 287
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:40 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby ns77770 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:32 pm

FortuneFavorsTheBold wrote:
LSATmakesMeNeurotic wrote:I turned down 24k, but I think if I had gotten 34, I'd be going to FSU next year. Don't turn down THAT kind of cash.


I'd have to agree.... but really ask yourself personal financial questions...like for example, my car is going to crap on me and day now... If FSU offered me nearly twice the tuition in scholly money, something about free rent, a new car, and money left over would be EXTREMELY tempting. If you're financially stable, and dont really need the extra money, then sure, UF would be good.


I like your avatar, where'd you get that shirt?

User avatar
FortuneFavorsTheBold
Posts: 145
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:54 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby FortuneFavorsTheBold » Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:35 pm

ns77770 wrote:
FortuneFavorsTheBold wrote:
LSATmakesMeNeurotic wrote:I turned down 24k, but I think if I had gotten 34, I'd be going to FSU next year. Don't turn down THAT kind of cash.


I'd have to agree.... but really ask yourself personal financial questions...like for example, my car is going to crap on me and day now... If FSU offered me nearly twice the tuition in scholly money, something about free rent, a new car, and money left over would be EXTREMELY tempting. If you're financially stable, and dont really need the extra money, then sure, UF would be good.


I like your avatar, where'd you get that shirt?


UF bookstore...i was grabbing my cap and gown, and noticed them in there... Knew they had all the undergrad colleges, but then i just noticed the college of law one... but yea, second floor of bookstore, then after that grab some pollo tropical or panda express in the reitz foodcourt a few feet away lol

ns77770
Posts: 287
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:40 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby ns77770 » Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:40 pm

FortuneFavorsTheBold wrote:
ns77770 wrote:
FortuneFavorsTheBold wrote:
LSATmakesMeNeurotic wrote:I turned down 24k, but I think if I had gotten 34, I'd be going to FSU next year. Don't turn down THAT kind of cash.


I'd have to agree.... but really ask yourself personal financial questions...like for example, my car is going to crap on me and day now... If FSU offered me nearly twice the tuition in scholly money, something about free rent, a new car, and money left over would be EXTREMELY tempting. If you're financially stable, and dont really need the extra money, then sure, UF would be good.


I like your avatar, where'd you get that shirt?


UF bookstore...i was grabbing my cap and gown, and noticed them in there... Knew they had all the undergrad colleges, but then i just noticed the college of law one... but yea, second floor of bookstore, then after that grab some pollo tropical or panda express in the reitz foodcourt a few feet away lol


Nice... At the ASD I didn't even see that shirt in the levin book store (I think it was the book store?), so good to know.

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby Barbie » Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:10 pm

I'm going to copy cat and make my tar my T shirt! Anyone know how to size it for me?

JK I did it :)

thewarflamingo
Posts: 939
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:27 pm

Postby thewarflamingo » Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:02 pm

.
Last edited by thewarflamingo on Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
FortuneFavorsTheBold
Posts: 145
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:54 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby FortuneFavorsTheBold » Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:19 pm

Barbie wrote:I'm going to copy cat and make my tar my T shirt! Anyone know how to size it for me?

JK I did it :)


+1 .... Just noticed on my phone the avatar is on it's side :-( ... Oh well looks good on the laptop lol

thewarflamingo
Posts: 939
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:27 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby thewarflamingo » Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:21 pm

I need a Gator tar now! I can't find one I like though :(

User avatar
Moose Thompson
Posts: 236
Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 9:38 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby Moose Thompson » Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:30 pm

Here's the perfect one. Go Gata.

--ImageRemoved--

thewarflamingo
Posts: 939
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:27 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby thewarflamingo » Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:38 pm

Moose Thompson wrote:Here's the perfect one. Go Gata.

--ImageRemoved--

DONE!

thewarflamingo
Posts: 939
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:27 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby thewarflamingo » Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:48 pm

If you've committed to UF, don't forget to go to this thread and claim UF as your law school! There are only two of us listed so far and I know there are wayyyy more of you who are committed to the Gator Nation!
viewtopic.php?f=28&t=125921

User avatar
Moose Thompson
Posts: 236
Joined: Tue May 26, 2009 9:38 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby Moose Thompson » Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:57 pm

thewarflamingo wrote:
Moose Thompson wrote:Here's the perfect one. Go Gata.

--ImageRemoved--

DONE!


Haha I love it. :D

User avatar
AU2010NC
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:18 am

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby AU2010NC » Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:21 am

I was inspired and also added UF law to my avatar

User avatar
pinkcamellia
Posts: 959
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:59 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby pinkcamellia » Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:26 am

AU2010NC wrote:I was inspired and also added UF law to my avatar


...You went to Auburn? :shock: Oh goodness, I'll be sporting my Bama gear a lot in Gainesville. I hope we're not in the same section - I know it hurts to see all that crimson and, you know, 13 national championships...

But maybe we can put our differences aside and cheer for the Gators? :mrgreen:

User avatar
alicrimson
Posts: 923
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:27 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby alicrimson » Fri Apr 22, 2011 9:37 am

pinkcamellia wrote:
AU2010NC wrote:I was inspired and also added UF law to my avatar


...You went to Auburn? :shock: Oh goodness, I'll be sporting my Bama gear a lot in Gainesville. I hope we're not in the same section - I know it hurts to see all that crimson and, you know, 13 national championships...

But maybe we can put our differences aside and cheer for the Gators? :mrgreen:


Someone from Auburn is going to UF?!? Oh, Pinkcamellia, now I HAVE to get in. We must not mess up the ratio. 8)

User avatar
AU2010NC
Posts: 27
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:18 am

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby AU2010NC » Fri Apr 22, 2011 10:07 am

pinkcamellia wrote:
AU2010NC wrote:I was inspired and also added UF law to my avatar


...You went to Auburn? :shock: Oh goodness, I'll be sporting my Bama gear a lot in Gainesville. I hope we're not in the same section - I know it hurts to see all that crimson and, you know, 13 national championships...

But maybe we can put our differences aside and cheer for the Gators? :mrgreen:


Auburn will always be my #1 team, but I think we can still cheer on the gators... when they aren't playing Auburn(or Alabama in your case)
On the other hand, believing that bama actually has 13... thats a whole different story...

orioles88
Posts: 24
Joined: Wed Mar 09, 2011 5:39 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby orioles88 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:21 am

received my 4/18 letter, WL. Good luck to everybody else!

User avatar
irishvt14
Posts: 272
Joined: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:51 am

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby irishvt14 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:26 am

Numbers?

Sorry about your WL...I have been checking this thread incessantly all morning :shock:

User avatar
Cupcakes
Posts: 9
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 1:30 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby Cupcakes » Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:13 pm

Do schools state your position on the waitlist at all? If not, will they tell you if you ask?

User avatar
amarkonthedoor
Posts: 60
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:48 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby amarkonthedoor » Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:26 pm

I'm a 4/18 WL too. The letter doesn't say what position you're in, but there's a form you have to return to let them know if you want to stay on the WL or not. It also says that if you decide to stay on the list, you could hear from them any time between now and the day classes start... :shock:

JcM_LAW
Posts: 27
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:24 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby JcM_LAW » Fri Apr 22, 2011 2:53 pm

no letter here(4/18)... here's to hoping acceptances come slower because the large size takes longer to sort

User avatar
prettyinpink02
Posts: 74
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:57 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby prettyinpink02 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:05 pm

Ok so I had to jump on the new avatar boat too!!! :))))))

User avatar
prettyinpink02
Posts: 74
Joined: Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:57 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby prettyinpink02 » Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:11 pm

thewarflamingo wrote:If you've committed to UF, don't forget to go to this thread and claim UF as your law school! There are only two of us listed so far and I know there are wayyyy more of you who are committed to the Gator Nation!
http://top-law-schools.com/forums/viewt ... 8&t=125921


Done!

User avatar
haoledugan
Posts: 118
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:49 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby haoledugan » Fri Apr 22, 2011 3:32 pm

New avatar............. gave in to the peer pressure. lol. So how do we know what section we'll be in??




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”