U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
ofthehouse

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby ofthehouse » Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:36 pm

Has anyone received their letter yet who got it sent out on monday??

GatorStudent

Postby GatorStudent » Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:50 pm

Barbie wrote:
UF came through with a little $ help so it pretty much made my decision for me :) Thank you though!!

That's great! How much did they offer, if you don't mind asking? I'm glad it made your decision much easier.

gmen42

Postby gmen42 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:28 pm

Just sent out asking for need based money this week, hopefully I get some. I'll be at ASD Friday, looking forward to meeting you all, anyone doing anything afterward?

pinkcamellia

Postby pinkcamellia » Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:32 pm

FSU just offered a one-time scholly of $7,500. What do I do now?

gmen42

Postby gmen42 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:38 pm

ofthehouse wrote:Has anyone received their letter yet who got it sent out on monday??

A friend I know in Gainesville still doesn't have their letter from monday yet.

AU2010NC

Postby AU2010NC » Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:42 pm

pinkcamellia wrote:FSU just offered a one-time scholly of $7,500. What do I do now?

I had the same thing. I denied it April 1 when I withdrew.

FeelTheHeat

Postby FeelTheHeat » Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:46 pm

pinkcamellia wrote:FSU just offered a one-time scholly of $7,500. What do I do now?

3 users in this thread gave up scholarships to FSU of 20k, 20k, and 24k.

ns77770

Postby ns77770 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 3:58 pm

For people who got $ from UF, does it show up on your ISIS thingy? I can't check my mail for a few days and I'm dying to know if UF is showing me any love or not!

Barbie

Postby Barbie » Wed Apr 13, 2011 5:17 pm

FeelTheHeat wrote:

:mrgreen:

and mine was need-based and it doesn't show up on anything (neurotic had me check) and it was sent to my parents address, even though my acceptance, etc was sent to my address..

gmen42

Postby gmen42 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:33 pm

Barbie wrote:
FeelTheHeat wrote:

:mrgreen:

and mine was need-based and it doesn't show up on anything (neurotic had me check) and it was sent to my parents address, even though my acceptance, etc was sent to my address..

Hoping to get some love from them soon. It is my only option though...

gmen42

Postby gmen42 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:34 pm

Moose Thompson wrote:
AJaKe wrote:Just so y'all coming to ASD know, I think JMBA or some faction within JMBA is trying to do an ASD meet and greet/social after y'all are done for the day... Don't know the specifics yet.

Most likely dinner/beers at Swamp right after ASD.

I'd be down for that after ASD.

prettyinpink02

Postby prettyinpink02 » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:38 pm

Barbie your fiance went to a pretty good school I can vouch for that one!!! The public schools in Florida, at least in Jax are horrendous, thankfully I never had to go to one!!!

Although I can't wait to attend UF in the fall, I am so excited I already added it to my schools on facebook, I would eventually like to move out of Florida when I start a family!!!

(I know I am a day late, and an hour short on this convo!)

Barbie

Postby Barbie » Wed Apr 13, 2011 6:51 pm

prettyinpink02 wrote:Barbie your fiance went to a pretty good school I can vouch for that one!!! The public schools in Florida, at least in Jax are horrendous, thankfully I never had to go to one!!!

Although I can't wait to attend UF in the fall, I am so excited I already added it to my schools on facebook, I would eventually like to move out of Florida when I start a family!!!

Haha-- SUCH a small world :)

gmen42

Postby gmen42 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 1:00 am

prettyinpink02 wrote:Barbie your fiance went to a pretty good school I can vouch for that one!!! The public schools in Florida, at least in Jax are horrendous, thankfully I never had to go to one!!!

Not exactly true, I went to a top school in the country that was public (also a certain UF quarterback played there) and there is Stanton and Paxon which if I remember correctly have been top 5 in the country at points during the last few years. There is also Douglas Anderson art school which is up there for its field. The region has some pretty good public schools if your kid tests well enough to get in them.

Deuce

Postby Deuce » Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:33 am

gmen42 wrote:

Not exactly true, I went to a top school in the country that was public (also a certain UF quarterback played there) and there is Stanton and Paxon which if I remember correctly have been top 5 in the country at points during the last few years. There is also Douglas Anderson art school which is up there for its field. The region has some pretty good public schools if your kid tests well enough to get in them.

If I'm guessing right, I'm pretty sure I remember beating you guys in some lax...

gmen42

Postby gmen42 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:03 am

Deuce wrote:
gmen42 wrote:

If I'm guessing right, I'm pretty sure I remember beating you guys in some lax...

If you're from South Florida, the only team I can remember beating us from that region was St Andrews, I played lax in highschool. I honestly don't remember many of the teams we played though.

Barbie

Postby Barbie » Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:15 pm

gmen42 wrote:

I've never heard of any of those schools... must not be that good in football :D :D :D My school might have been a ghetto ass public school but we got second in the state for 6A in football while I was there.

Also, my fiance played football against Tim Tebow he says

Deuce

Postby Deuce » Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:17 pm

gmen42 wrote:
Deuce wrote:
gmen42 wrote:

If you're from South Florida, the only team I can remember beating us from that region was St Andrews, I played lax in highschool. I honestly don't remember many of the teams we played though.

Ah, I'm thinking of the wrong school then. And fuck St. Andrews and their 5,000 coaches/trainers/staff.

gmen42

Postby gmen42 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:48 pm

Barbie wrote:
gmen42 wrote:

I've never heard of any of those schools... must not be that good in football :D :D :D My school might have been a ghetto ass public school but we got second in the state for 6A in football while I was there.

No those two schools are really bad at sports... We were good though, we did have Tim Tebow though so that helped.

gmen42

Postby gmen42 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:50 pm

Deuce wrote:
Ah, I'm thinking of the wrong school then. And fuck St. Andrews and their 5,000 coaches/trainers/staff.

Ya they were ridiculous, we didn't play South Florida teams all that often though, I think we played them in the state playoffs, they were really really good.

Barbie

Postby Barbie » Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:08 pm

gmen42 wrote:
Barbie wrote:
gmen42 wrote:

No those two schools are really bad at sports... We were good though, we did have Tim Tebow though so that helped.

Yeah my hubs went to :) so I'm guessing yall played them.
Last edited by Barbie on Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FeelTheHeat

Postby FeelTheHeat » Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:26 pm

Unfortunately, a lack of funds and papers being due in every one of my classes will keep me from joining you guys this weekend. Hope you all have blast though. I'll be up there sometime in the summer, most definitely for the BarBieQ lol

Skipper2014

Postby Skipper2014 » Thu Apr 14, 2011 5:06 pm

Letter issued today. They must have sensed that I paid my FSU deposit :D .

LSATmakesMeNeurotic

Postby LSATmakesMeNeurotic » Thu Apr 14, 2011 6:47 pm

To anyone in town, I will be going to the piano bar tonight to celebrate my birthday and my roommate's birthday. You all are welcome to join :)

Light

Postby Light » Thu Apr 14, 2011 9:08 pm

gmen42 wrote:

Yeah I went to Stanton..it was number 1 in the nation for while but slipped up recently I think..
And I declined my 51k at FSU the first of the month, I might go to the ASD tommorow at UF though it's 2 hours away.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”