U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
thewarflamingo

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby thewarflamingo » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:43 pm

Barbie wrote:
thewarflamingo wrote:
Barbie wrote:Just talked to UF. Haven't been awarded any need based. I'm starting to drift farther awayyyyy... :(

awww I think it's funny that whenever I would talk about considering Illinois still and writing my LOCI to UT, you would jump on me about even considering leaving UF and now you are doing the same hahaha

I'm sorry to hear about not receiving a grant though. :( Is the difference between Tulane and UF substantial?

You got love from UF! haha I got NO love. I feel like the last one picked for a team :(
The tuition for Tulane and UF in-state would now be the exact same. :shock:

Well that's easy then! The tie breaker is...everyone in this thread >>>>> Tulane thread. Problem solved, you're welcome.

FeelTheHeat

Postby FeelTheHeat » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:44 pm

Barbie wrote:
thewarflamingo wrote:
Barbie wrote:Just talked to UF. Haven't been awarded any need based. I'm starting to drift farther awayyyyy... :(

awww I think it's funny that whenever I would talk about considering Illinois still and writing my LOCI to UT, you would jump on me about even considering leaving UF and now you are doing the same hahaha

I'm sorry to hear about not receiving a grant though. :( Is the difference between Tulane and UF substantial?

You got love from UF! haha I got NO love. I feel like the last one picked for a team :(

I think that is seriously construing your perception of both schools and why Tulane seems so appealing. Just be careful.

thewarflamingo

Postby thewarflamingo » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:45 pm

FeelTheHeat wrote:
Barbie wrote:
thewarflamingo wrote:

I think that is seriously construing your perception of both schools and why Tulane seems so appealing. Just be careful.

Agreed. Plus, I only got love because I'm out of state. PLENTY of in-state people are getting no love because FL residency = a ton of love.

Barbie

Postby Barbie » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:46 pm

FeelTheHeat wrote:
Barbie wrote:
thewarflamingo wrote:

Hha. Whats construing my perception is Tulane has some programs that are specific to my interests (I aint into tax lawl, sowwy) and there are way more opportunities for my husband to land a good job. Also, the NLJ250 law firm I have experience working with is based out of Nawlins....

thewarflamingo

Postby thewarflamingo » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:50 pm

Last edited by thewarflamingo on Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Barbie

Postby Barbie » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:52 pm

thewarflamingo wrote:
Barbie wrote:Hha. Whats construing my perception is Tulane has some programs that are specific to my interests (I aint into tax lawl, sowwy) and there are way more opportunities for my husband to land a good job. Also, the NLJ250 law firm I have experience working with is based out of Nawlins....

Well if you think Tulane is a much better fit for you, then definitely go visit the school. I'll be sad if you aren't at UF with us, but I'll just have to make pit stops in NOLA during my roadtrips between TX and FL! :D

Umm.. Im trying to talk my girls into making my trip there a little bachelorette party. My 2 best friends live in Texas said its about an 8 hour drive. FUN!

FeelTheHeat

Postby FeelTheHeat » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:54 pm

Barbie, you're throwing out things you and me both know are TLS wisdom, like speciality programs and stips (for anyone reading, its a REALLY easy scholarship to keep, but a stip nonetheless). I stand by what I said.

Now, the relevance to your firm and your husbands employment prospects are HUGE. Those are deal-breakers to me. Still, I wouldn't lean one way or the other until you visit (and what a visit that will be, I'm jealous lol)

thewarflamingo

Postby thewarflamingo » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:55 pm

Last edited by thewarflamingo on Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

ns77770

Postby ns77770 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:58 pm

Barbie sorry to hear that... Did you just call to ask specifically about aid? I'm gonna call if they will actually tell me...

gmen42

Postby gmen42 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:58 pm

thewarflamingo wrote: Agreed. Plus, I only got love because I'm out of state. PLENTY of in-state people are getting no love because FL residency = a ton of love.

Agree, no love but I do have in state costs and COL in Gainesville is really low.

ofthehouse

Postby ofthehouse » Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:05 pm

wbbguy wrote:File reviewed, no decision reached status as of today.

I guess it's the wait list for me? :|

same here.

LSATmakesMeNeurotic

Postby LSATmakesMeNeurotic » Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:08 pm

are you SURE you're not getting any need based aid? Ms. Huber said they are reviewing files through the end of April....

Deuce

Postby Deuce » Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:56 pm

It's official.

Goodbye Swamp... god I'll miss you more than anything

charlesxavier

Postby charlesxavier » Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:01 pm

Barbie wrote:Hha. Whats construing my perception is Tulane has some programs that are specific to my interests (I aint into tax lawl, sowwy) and there are way more opportunities for my husband to land a good job. Also, the NLJ250 law firm I have experience working with is based out of Nawlins....

I can totally understand your reasoning. I ended up withdrawing from UF and Wake (with scholly) for two of those reasons you specifically mentioned. I wanted to make sure that my wife had the best opportunity to find a job and it's nice (yet far from necessary) to go to a school that has a program to specifically prepare you for the area of law you want to go into. It's tough because there are great reasons to attend many schools, but it's really all about finding the school that fits the most of your needs.

thewarflamingo

Postby thewarflamingo » Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:13 pm

Deuce wrote:It's official.

Good luck wherever you end up!

prettyinpink02

Postby prettyinpink02 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:18 pm

Where are you going?

Neo

Postby Neo » Fri Apr 01, 2011 6:04 pm

Barbie wrote:
thewarflamingo wrote:

Barbie, we all know you're not going anywhere but UF. Stop messing around!

hope11

Postby hope11 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 7:44 pm

i got rejected :'( i wanted to cry when i open that letter. i've loved UF ever since I came here 4 years ago. This truly is an amazing place and I only hope you all get to love it as much as i do. I really really do my fellow gators. UF will always remain in my heart alongside all the amazing memories and incredible people I met here. I wish you all the best and God bless this beautiful institution. You will know why we call this place the Gator Nation and why we love to showcase our pride no matter where we are. Congratulations to those accepted and welcome to the Gator Nation! You will do great.

orioles88

Postby orioles88 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:04 pm

Did any letters go out this week? I thought most applicants were supposed to hear something by April 1. I've been at "no decision reached" for a little over 2 months now.

Btw, I know that some of you were looking at the Bartram as a potential apartment possibility for next year. There was a story in the Alligator yesterday about how the Bartram will be closed for a period of time (I think all of next year) for roof repairs or something like that.

Neo

Postby Neo » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:14 pm

orioles88 wrote:Did any letters go out this week? I thought most applicants were supposed to hear something by April 1. I've been at "no decision reached" for a little over 2 months now.

Btw, I know that some of you were looking at the Bartram as a potential apartment possibility for next year. There was a story in the Alligator yesterday about how the Bartram will be closed for a period of time (I think all of next year) for roof repairs or something like that.

Really? I figured that with the prices they charged everything would be in top notch condition.

ladybuglove

Postby ladybuglove » Fri Apr 01, 2011 9:53 pm

9k need-based grant in the mail today - it's looking like I'm going to end up at UF! go gators!!!

ManofGod78

Postby ManofGod78 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:55 pm

Status changed today to "Letter issued". Former Gator here with a UFID. I was unable to access the seat deposit tool online. Consequently, can I definitively conclude that I've either been rejected or waitlisted?

gmen42

Postby gmen42 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:09 am

ManofGod78 wrote:Status changed today to "Letter issued". Former Gator here with a UFID. I was unable to access the seat deposit tool online. Consequently, can I definitively conclude that I've either been rejected or waitlisted?

Nope, when I was accepted that thing wouldn't work for a few days after I received the letter, which was about 10 days after the status change.

ManofGod78

Postby ManofGod78 » Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:18 am

Thanks!!

Deuce

Postby Deuce » Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:54 pm

prettyinpink02 wrote:

Where are you going?

Good question :lol:

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”