U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
thewarflamingo

Silver

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Post by thewarflamingo » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:39 am

FeelTheHeat wrote:
ns77770 wrote:
thewarflamingo wrote:So who else is planning on entering the lottery for football season tickets? I'm going to need some people to go to the games with. :D
How do we enter the lottery?
Links:
http://www.gatorzone.com/tickets/students/?p=footb/new
and
http://www.gatorzone.com/tickets/students/?p=footb/faq

You can enter starting April 12 until June 4 (site says 2010, so dates might change?), you have to prepay for the season tickets which is $70, but it gives you tickets to all 7 home games. The law school has a block in the stadium too, so you can be asked to be placed in the block when you pick up your tickets if you win the lottery.

ETA: you are refunded the money if you don't win.

LSATmakesMeNeurotic

Silver

Post by LSATmakesMeNeurotic » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:42 am

gmen42 wrote:I have never been, but everyone I know thinks FSU has a nicer campus, however once you walk off campus I hear it is like a warzone. UF has its nice areas though, great sports stadiums and the loudest football stadium in the country. The camaraderie here is incredible, everyone loves being a gator in the best and worst of times. Unlike a certain school to the north that has trouble selling tickets to their football games, we have sold out every home game since 1979.

Not true. Do you go to the BEAT shirt giveaways? I believe two years ago, they were walking up and down the BEAT line begging students to buy the unclaimed student tickets. So I guess TECHNICALLY the games were sold out since we buy ours ahead of time, but they most definitely had myriad tickets left over.

Barbie

Gold

Post by Barbie » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:42 am

thewarflamingo wrote:So who else is planning on entering the lottery for football season tickets? I'm going to need some people to go to the games with. :D
I have no intention of ever going to a football game (I've been to ONE UF game ever-- UF vs. LSU. Had 3rd row 50 yard line seats. The fat ass behind me threw UP on us! Then, when I ran to the water fountain to get some water to clean it off the back of my legs, a cockroach jumped out of it).

But if there is anyone else out there who would rather shave their head than attend a college football game (or those who don't win this lottery thing), I will have my smoker full of food, kegorator full of yuengling, beer pong tables and the game on TV to be enjoyed in the air conditioning :).

thewarflamingo

Silver

Post by thewarflamingo » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:44 am

Barbie wrote:
I have no intention of ever going to a football game (I've been to ONE UF game ever-- UF vs. LSU. Had 3rd row 50 yard line seats. The fat ass behind me threw UP on us! Then, when I ran to the water fountain to get some water to clean it off the back of my legs, a cockroach jumped out of it).

But if there is anyone else out there who would rather shave their head than attend a college football game (or those who don't win this lottery thing), I will have my smoker full of food, kegorator full of yuengling, beer pong tables and the game on TV to be enjoyed in the air conditioning :).
I will obviously be pre-gaming and post-gaming at Barbie's. :D

ns77770

Bronze

Post by ns77770 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:46 am

thewarflamingo wrote:
FeelTheHeat wrote:
ns77770 wrote:
How do we enter the lottery?
Links:
http://www.gatorzone.com/tickets/students/?p=footb/new
and
http://www.gatorzone.com/tickets/students/?p=footb/faq

You can enter starting April 12 until June 4 (site says 2010, so dates might change?), you have to prepay for the season tickets which is $70, but it gives you tickets to all 7 home games. The law school has a block in the stadium too, so you can be asked to be placed in the block when you pick up your tickets if you win the lottery.

ETA: you are refunded the money if you don't win.
Thanks!!! And I'm probably way more excited about the scooters than I should be. Scooters and football, I am def ready for law school

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

FeelTheHeat

Platinum

Post by FeelTheHeat » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:47 am

It says nothing about graduate students for the lottery. Anyone have any insight on this?

BTW, TLS self ban coming in about an hour lol

LSATmakesMeNeurotic

Silver

Post by LSATmakesMeNeurotic » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:49 am

after-parties at Barbie's house? :) There are designated scooter spots in the parking lots. I don't know if they get mad if a scooter takes up a real parking spot, but I imagine you will get a ticket since they are two separate decals.

I LOVE football so I'm in :) anyone know more about the law block? I never did a block here, choosing instead to go with a couple of good friends. I always hated the Greek blocks since somehow they ended up with 30 people in 5 seats worth of space.

Heat: I think the process for grads is the same, but I could be wrong.

thewarflamingo

Silver

Post by thewarflamingo » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:49 am

FeelTheHeat wrote:It says nothing about graduate students for the lottery. Anyone have any insight on this?

Here's what the law school page says about football tickets:
--LinkRemoved--

I'm pretty sure we are just counted as the "under 30 hours" students in the lottery.

LSATmakesMeNeurotic

Silver

Post by LSATmakesMeNeurotic » Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:57 am

thewarflamingo wrote:
FeelTheHeat wrote:It says nothing about graduate students for the lottery. Anyone have any insight on this?

--LinkRemoved--

I'm pretty sure we are just counted as the "under 30 hours" students in the lottery.
I just spoke with the ticket office. If you are a current UF student, then you do not lose your hours that you have accumulated and you are put into Category 1, which is the highest preference level. If you are new to UF, you are included in the Freshman/transfer category.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

kovolev

New

Post by kovolev » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:00 pm

Hey now, just because I'm the Canadian doesn't mean I consent to being the white ranger. I bet I'll be more tanned than you in a month Barbie, mark my words

Barbie

Gold

Post by Barbie » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:04 pm

kovolev wrote:Hey now, just because I'm the Canadian doesn't mean I consent to being the white ranger. I bet I'll be more tanned than you in a month Barbie, mark my words
Probably haha. I avoid the sun like the plague. I know WAY too many people with skin cancer! And I'm naturally a little tan (yay for being part NA!)

thewarflamingo

Silver

Post by thewarflamingo » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:08 pm

LSATmakesMeNeurotic wrote:
thewarflamingo wrote:

--LinkRemoved--

I just spoke with the ticket office. If you are a current UF student, then you do not lose your hours that you have accumulated and you are put into Category 1, which is the highest preference level. If you are new to UF, you are included in the Freshman/transfer category.
Do you know how tickets work if you don't win the lottery? Do you just buy them separately each game? Neither my UG nor my grad school had football, so I have no idea how any of this works. My main criteria in picking a law school was to go to a school with a relevant football team... :oops:

LSATmakesMeNeurotic

Silver

Post by LSATmakesMeNeurotic » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:13 pm

Do you know how tickets work if you don't win the lottery? Do you just buy them separately each game? Neither my UG nor my grad school had football, so I have no idea how any of this works. My main criteria in picking a law school was to go to a school with a relevant football team... :oops:
If you don't win, they have a system that you call into the Thursday before each game (although now I think it might be online) and they sell off unclaimed tickets. You won't be sitting with anyone you want to sit with, so you'll be sneaking into another section. The Student Bar Association also gives away unclaimed tickets, and I assume those will be in the law block.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

thewarflamingo

Silver

Post by thewarflamingo » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:17 pm

If you don't win, they have a system that you call into the Thursday before each game (although now I think it might be online) and they sell off unclaimed tickets. You won't be sitting with anyone you want to sit with, so you'll be sneaking into another section. The Student Bar Association also gives away unclaimed tickets, and I assume those will be in the law block.
how much are unclaimed tickets usually sold for?

LSATmakesMeNeurotic

Silver

Post by LSATmakesMeNeurotic » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:19 pm

same price. 10 bucks a game. You can also upgrade your ticket by paying the difference between a student ticket and a regular ticket so that it is a non-student ticket if you decide you want to sell it. There are a limited number of upgrades available, 200 or so I think.

flgator10

Bronze

Post by flgator10 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:20 pm

thewarflamingo wrote:
how much are unclaimed tickets usually sold for?
$10. They aren't very easy to get though.

LSATmakesMeNeurotic

Silver

Post by LSATmakesMeNeurotic » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:23 pm

you can also buy them off of a student for a severely inflated price. They tend to drop right before the game as people start getting desperate.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

thewarflamingo

Silver

Post by thewarflamingo » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:26 pm

Last edited by thewarflamingo on Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

FeelTheHeat

Platinum

Post by FeelTheHeat » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:29 pm

Guys, I thought a lot about this but I don't think I'll be going to UF in the fall :/ FIU is closer to home and will be a lot cheaper because I won't have to pay for rent and more. Besides, its an up and coming school, tier 3 now! Anyways, it was a lot of fun getting to know you and best of luck next year!

thewarflamingo

Silver

Post by thewarflamingo » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:30 pm

FeelTheHeat wrote:Guys, I thought a lot about this but I don't think I'll be going to UF in the fall :/ FIU is closer to home and will be a lot cheaper because I won't have to pay for rent and more. Besides, its an up and coming school, tier 3 now! Anyways, it was a lot of fun getting to know you and best of luck next year!
ha yeah right, see you in the swamp!

Barbie

Gold

Post by Barbie » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:42 pm

thewarflamingo wrote:damn, well at least we have Barbie's bbqs if the lottery doesn't work out.
:) Barbie-Qs!

and I am starting to think April Fools is a little... annoying :( I can't even tolerate facebook right now.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

gpjc28

New

Post by gpjc28 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:47 pm

As a grad student, you really shouldn't have a problem getting the football lottery tickets. The # of credits increases your chances.

LSATmakesMeNeurotic

Silver

Post by LSATmakesMeNeurotic » Fri Apr 01, 2011 12:49 pm

I don't partake in April 1 tomfoolery. Too many people get engaged and knocked up.
As a grad student, you really shouldn't have a problem getting the football lottery tickets. The # of credits increases your chances.
^Unless you are already a UF student, you have the same rights as a freshman to the football tickets.

Barbie

Gold

Post by Barbie » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:03 pm

Just found out yet another school would be cheaper for me to attend than UF (Tulane). Come on UF.. throw me SOMETHINGGGGG.

Deuce

Silver

Post by Deuce » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:14 pm

RE: Football Tickets

You want to enter and win the lottery, no matter what. Even if you hate football, you can sell the big-game tickets for big money, and the small-game tickets for $10-$30 each. Even if you're too lazy to sell them individually, you can sell your season tickets at the beginning for a couple hundred on top of your $70. But seriously, you should go to every game and not sell them. UF football is a religion.

If you do not win the lottery (a lot of people will lose due to being in the under 30 credit bracket, however I won them my first year here...), your best bet is to buy from someone directly selling on facebook/craigslist. Will-call on Thursday is a shitshow, not worth even trying.

Regarding the block- yes, you can sit in the block even if you don't have season tickets and buy your ticket at the last second. It isn't technically allowed, but everyone does a little thing called the ticket passback. Everyone enters the stadium together, then when you get to the section where your block is, everyone who has block tickets goes in and sits down, gives their tickets to one person, that person goes out and gives the ticket stubs to those not in the block, and everyone re-enters together. This is a widely used, widely known practice.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”