U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
98234872348
Posts: 1547
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:25 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby 98234872348 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 8:35 pm

thewarflamingo wrote:guys...I'm so conflicted, Illinois just increased my scholarship. Am I crazy for still picking UF???? I have no idea what to do :cry: :cry: :cry:

Do you a) want to work in Florida (or possibly somewhere in the southeast) or b) want to work in Illinois (or possibly somewhere in the midwest)? That is really the only thing you should be considering because if you're not interested in either a or b, you're going to be on pretty much equal footing.

gmen42
Posts: 119
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:53 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby gmen42 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 1:21 am

Gatorbull84 wrote:Also, looking on LSN everyone else that had their status changed to LIT on Thurs have horrible numbers. So, I am wondering if there is any truth to "UF sends rejects out on one day, accepts on another, and WL on another?

Accepted on a thursday batch, don't think they choose specific days.

User avatar
charlesxavier
Posts: 444
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:51 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby charlesxavier » Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:12 pm

Update: I was in the 3/17 batch and got my acceptance letter today (or yesterday). Will likely be withdrawing. I was recently accepted into Ohio State with resident tuition essentially guaranteed after the first semester. The schools seem relatively similar but I think Columbus provides more opportunities than Gainesville. Good luck everyone!

User avatar
98234872348
Posts: 1547
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:25 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby 98234872348 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:16 pm

.
Last edited by 98234872348 on Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
charlesxavier
Posts: 444
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:51 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby charlesxavier » Sat Mar 26, 2011 2:26 pm

mistergoft wrote:
charlesxavier wrote:Update: I was in the 3/17 batch and got my acceptance letter today (or yesterday). Will likely be withdrawing. I was recently accepted into Ohio State with resident tuition essentially guaranteed after the first semester. The schools seem relatively similar but I think Columbus provides more opportunities in Ohio than Gainesville. Good luck everyone!

That it does.


Sorry, I should have made that more clear. I meant the actual cities and not the schools. My wife needs a job and I would also like to not have to move again in 3 years.

dadamafia
Posts: 42
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:02 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby dadamafia » Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:30 pm

thewarflamingo wrote:guys...I'm so conflicted, Illinois just increased my scholarship. Am I crazy for still picking UF???? I have no idea what to do :cry: :cry: :cry:

Many arguments can be made for or against going to Gainesville as opposed to Champaign, but at the end of the day you have to make up your mind and move forward. UF is obviously where you want to go so just go and have no regrets.

thewarflamingo
Posts: 939
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:27 pm

Postby thewarflamingo » Sat Mar 26, 2011 4:56 pm

.
Last edited by thewarflamingo on Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:03 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
gatorgirl4life
Posts: 354
Joined: Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:06 am

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby gatorgirl4life » Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:14 pm

just withdrew...not going to lie, i'm really going to miss gamedays in the swamp. :(

oh well, go gators!!! :D

User avatar
LSATmakesMeNeurotic
Posts: 941
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:17 am

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby LSATmakesMeNeurotic » Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:34 pm

and... UF is back on top of FSU. I can't make up my damn mind!

User avatar
FeelTheHeat
Posts: 5203
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:32 am

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby FeelTheHeat » Sat Mar 26, 2011 5:37 pm

LSATmakesMeNeurotic wrote:and... UF is back on top of FSU. I can't make up my damn mind!


That makes two of us :/

User avatar
LSATmakesMeNeurotic
Posts: 941
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:17 am

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby LSATmakesMeNeurotic » Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:07 pm

Go Gators? :( That was an upsetting loss

User avatar
DrackedaryMaster
Posts: 181
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:11 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby DrackedaryMaster » Sat Mar 26, 2011 7:12 pm

LSATmakesMeNeurotic wrote:Go Gators? :( That was an upsetting loss


That was one of the most incredible games I have ever seen. Whatever Brad Stevens is getting paid to coach Butler should be at least doubled. That team just does not quit and they find ways to stay in the game somehow. So either Kansas gets to try to advance to the National Championship game by playing no team seeded higher than 8, or we have VCU/Butler in the Final Four. I'm sure everybody saw that one!

User avatar
FortuneFavorsTheBold
Posts: 145
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:54 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby FortuneFavorsTheBold » Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:29 pm

okay, total fail....Jst got snail mail from UF....6k/yr with a 3.2 stipulation.... (compared to FSU 17k/yr no stipulation).....is there anyway to negotiate for more $$$$ or no stipulation?

User avatar
FeelTheHeat
Posts: 5203
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:32 am

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby FeelTheHeat » Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:43 pm

FortuneFavorsTheBold wrote:okay, total fail....Jst got snail mail from UF....6k/yr with a 3.2 stipulation.... (compared to FSU 17k/yr no stipulation).....is there anyway to negotiate for more $$$$ or no stipulation?


You just got your acceptance letter, right?

User avatar
FortuneFavorsTheBold
Posts: 145
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:54 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby FortuneFavorsTheBold » Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:48 pm

FeelTheHeat wrote:
FortuneFavorsTheBold wrote:okay, total fail....Jst got snail mail from UF....6k/yr with a 3.2 stipulation.... (compared to FSU 17k/yr no stipulation).....is there anyway to negotiate for more $$$$ or no stipulation?


You just got your acceptance letter, right?


yup, on thursday...weird, because the letter acceptance was postmarked the 22nd, and the scholly info the 25th...pretty quick. You think theres anything i could do?

Gatorbull84
Posts: 187
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:54 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby Gatorbull84 » Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:25 pm

Does anyone know if UF sends out acceptances on one day, wl on another, and rejects on another?

HawksJetsFalcons
Posts: 45
Joined: Sat May 02, 2009 10:22 am

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby HawksJetsFalcons » Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:34 pm

Just withdrew from UF. Best of luck to you guys!

User avatar
pinkcamellia
Posts: 959
Joined: Sun Dec 12, 2010 5:59 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby pinkcamellia » Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:37 pm

I just got my acceptance from 3/17! 160/3.7

This will be a tough choice between UF and FSU.

User avatar
FortuneFavorsTheBold
Posts: 145
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:54 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby FortuneFavorsTheBold » Sat Mar 26, 2011 9:44 pm

Gatorbull84 wrote:Does anyone know if UF sends out acceptances on one day, wl on another, and rejects on another?



used to be like that until the 3/17 batch which was a mixture of acceptances/rejections

User avatar
FortuneFavorsTheBold
Posts: 145
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:54 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby FortuneFavorsTheBold » Sat Mar 26, 2011 10:08 pm

pinkcamellia wrote:I just got my acceptance from 3/17! 160/3.7

This will be a tough choice between UF and FSU.


+1

gmen42
Posts: 119
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:53 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby gmen42 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 10:48 am

Has anyone accepted in the 3/17 batch tried to do the seat deposit online? I still can't seem to get it to work.

wbbguy
Posts: 26
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:34 am

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby wbbguy » Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:09 pm

i feel bad for you guys.

i submitted on 3/15 and got notice they were reviewing the application on 3/25. It's now 3/27, and the past two days have felt like 2 months! I can't imagine what 2months+ actually feels like lol

User avatar
Mattfl88
Posts: 137
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:41 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby Mattfl88 » Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:31 pm

wbbguy wrote:i feel bad for you guys.

i submitted on 3/15 and got notice they were reviewing the application on 3/25. It's now 3/27, and the past two days have felt like 2 months! I can't imagine what 2months+ actually feels like lol


You'll most likely get the file reviewed, no decision reached status unless you have numbers well above or below the medians. I think that is when they do auto accepts and dings.

User avatar
Deuce
Posts: 1048
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:12 am

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby Deuce » Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:56 pm

pinkcamellia wrote:I just got my acceptance from 3/17! 160/3.7

This will be a tough choice between UF and FSU.


BOOM!!!!!!

User avatar
FortuneFavorsTheBold
Posts: 145
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:54 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby FortuneFavorsTheBold » Sun Mar 27, 2011 11:43 pm

gmen42 wrote:Has anyone accepted in the 3/17 batch tried to do the seat deposit online? I still can't seem to get it to work.


+1 ....i give up, just sending a check tomorrow in the mail lol




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Christinabruin, JazzyMac, ProductofUnreality, Rich Uncle Skeleton and 11 guests