U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
careerchange2010
Posts: 33
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:03 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby careerchange2010 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:14 pm

My status changed to LIT today. I filled out the seat deposit form and tried to submit it as if I was going to pay the deposit (Hoping it would give me insight into the decision). However, it wouldn't give me access to the payment screen. Does anyone know if this means I was rejected? Is there a delay before an admitted student is able to pay the seat deposit?

jordyb
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:13 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby jordyb » Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:34 pm

careerchange2010 wrote:My status changed to LIT today.


Mine too, I hope to god I am in and I hope I get the letter by April 1st. Has anyone been waitlisted recently or is everyone getting acceptances and denial?

User avatar
Intraining
Posts: 128
Joined: Wed Jan 06, 2010 4:58 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby Intraining » Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:37 pm

jordyb wrote:
careerchange2010 wrote:My status changed to LIT today.


Mine too, I hope to god I am in and I hope I get the letter by April 1st. Has anyone been waitlisted recently or is everyone getting acceptances and denial?


Stats?

User avatar
FeelTheHeat
Posts: 5203
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:32 am

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby FeelTheHeat » Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:38 pm

Seems to be accept/deny, haven't heard of a single WL on TLS yet. Good luck.

User avatar
hurricane10
Posts: 197
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:46 am

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby hurricane10 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:40 pm

congrats to all my future classmates/competition on your acceptances today!!

careerchange2010
Posts: 33
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2010 1:03 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby careerchange2010 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 8:50 pm

Intraining wrote:
jordyb wrote:
careerchange2010 wrote:My status changed to LIT today.


Mine too, I hope to god I am in and I hope I get the letter by April 1st. Has anyone been waitlisted recently or is everyone getting acceptances and denial?


Stats?


GPA: 3.55
LSAT: 156

User avatar
Lili305
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:06 am

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby Lili305 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:34 pm

jordyb wrote:
careerchange2010 wrote:My status changed to LIT today.


Mine too, I hope to god I am in and I hope I get the letter by April 1st. Has anyone been waitlisted recently or is everyone getting acceptances and denial?


I got my acceptance today, and it took exactly a week. Hopefully you'll receive it by the 31st!!

User avatar
FeelTheHeat
Posts: 5203
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:32 am

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby FeelTheHeat » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:36 pm

Just jumped up in excitement when UF made that shot...wtf is going on with me al;jfla;ksjflaksdjdfd;safds

gmen42
Posts: 119
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:53 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby gmen42 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:41 pm

careerchange2010 wrote:My status changed to LIT today. I filled out the seat deposit form and tried to submit it as if I was going to pay the deposit (Hoping it would give me insight into the decision). However, it wouldn't give me access to the payment screen. Does anyone know if this means I was rejected? Is there a delay before an admitted student is able to pay the seat deposit?

I was actually accepted and can't do the seat deposit, it is a bad gauge if you are accepted or not.

gmen42
Posts: 119
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:53 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby gmen42 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:42 pm

Go Gators Elite 8

ns77770
Posts: 287
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:40 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby ns77770 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:44 pm

gmen42 wrote:Go Gators Elite 8


!!!!

User avatar
unc0mm0n1
Posts: 1714
Joined: Sat Dec 25, 2010 1:06 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby unc0mm0n1 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:46 pm

Congrats on the elite 8!!!! Take that Jimmer :P

gmen42
Posts: 119
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:53 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby gmen42 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:47 pm

Intraining wrote:
gators124 wrote:I hope the letters sent out two days ago weren't acceptances and the letters going out today are denials. Hopefully they were both acceptances


I think all the acceptances are from the mixed batch last week, right? What I'm wondering is te rhyme or reason for the 3.5 160's getting dinged or accepted...

I'm wondering the same thing its odd, I was in from that batch with a 160, I hope everyone from these new batches get in.

Gatorbull84
Posts: 187
Joined: Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:54 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby Gatorbull84 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 9:54 pm

Elite 8!!!!! Tyrus is sick

jordyb
Posts: 14
Joined: Sun Mar 20, 2011 9:13 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby jordyb » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:01 pm

Lili305 wrote:
jordyb wrote:
careerchange2010 wrote:My status changed to LIT today.


Mine too, I hope to god I am in and I hope I get the letter by April 1st. Has anyone been waitlisted recently or is everyone getting acceptances and denial?


I got my acceptance today, and it took exactly a week. Hopefully you'll receive it by the 31st!!


I hope

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby Barbie » Thu Mar 24, 2011 10:16 pm

fhnuwfhbuisaegbfeifhrei!! What an awesome game!! Got to enjoy it over brews and steak at outback=triple win!

Congrats to knew acceptances!! Any of you for sure attending??

gmen42
Posts: 119
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:53 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby gmen42 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:17 am

Barbie wrote:fhnuwfhbuisaegbfeifhrei!! What an awesome game!! Got to enjoy it over brews and steak at outback=triple win!

Congrats to knew acceptances!! Any of you for sure attending??

I'm for sure, only school I applied to and only one I wanted to go to.

ns77770
Posts: 287
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:40 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby ns77770 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:25 am

gmen42 wrote:
Barbie wrote:fhnuwfhbuisaegbfeifhrei!! What an awesome game!! Got to enjoy it over brews and steak at outback=triple win!

Congrats to knew acceptances!! Any of you for sure attending??

I'm for sure, only school I applied to and only one I wanted to go to.


congrats mane!

LevinAlum
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:30 am

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby LevinAlum » Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:44 am

I hope you guys don't mind me stopping by--I'm a UF Law alum who came across these boards when I was helping a friend of mine (that applied) do some research.

It's interesting to me how the UF vs. FSU debate is raging on these boards. FSU has clearly come a long way--before the last few years, there was never such a debate. If you got into both, you chose UF. There was no question about it.

As a practicing attorney in South Florida, I can tell you that UF grads are far better represented in this area of the state. If you are interested in practicing in major markets in North or Central Florida (Jax, Tallahassee, Orlando, Tampa, etc.), then the distinction between UF and FSU is minimal. However, in South Florida (Miami, Ft. Laud and West Palm Beach), there is no doubt that UF is the more highly-regarded law school. The partnership and associate ranks at all of the top law firms down here are full of UF alumni, while FSU alumni are few and far between. For example, you may find this shocking, but at my 80+ lawyer office in Miami, there is not a single FSU law grad. On ther other hand, about 1/3 of the partners are UF grads (including the hiring partner and a few department heads). So it should come as no surprise that the firm does not even attend OCI at FSU. You will see that several of the major Florida firms and major national firms with strong Florida presences do not recruit in-person at FSU. Names such as White & Case and Hunton & Williams come to mind.

Certainly, not everyone goes to law school with the intention of practicing in a major firm. But, for those that do, and especially for those who are strongly considering South Florida (the state's largest legal market), I would strongly caution attending FSU over UF, even if you're paying "sticker".

User avatar
FeelTheHeat
Posts: 5203
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:32 am

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby FeelTheHeat » Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:48 am

LevinAlum wrote:I hope you guys don't mind me stopping by--I'm a UF Law alum who came across these boards when I was helping a friend of mine (that applied) do some research.

It's interesting to me how the UF vs. FSU debate is raging on these boards. FSU has clearly come a long way--before the last few years, there was never such a debate. If you got into both, you chose UF. There was no question about it.

As a practicing attorney in South Florida, I can tell you that UF grads are far better represented in this area of the state. If you are interested in practicing in major markets in North or Central Florida (Jax, Tallahassee, Orlando, Tampa, etc.), then the distinction between UF and FSU is minimal. However, in South Florida (Miami, Ft. Laud and West Palm Beach), there is no doubt that UF is the more highly-regarded law school. The partnership and associate ranks at all of the top law firms down here are full of UF alumni, while FSU alumni are few and far between. For example, you may find this shocking, but at my 80+ lawyer office in Miami, there is not a single FSU law grad. On ther other hand, about 1/3 of the partners are UF grads (including the hiring partner and a few department heads). So it should come as no surprise that the firm does not even attend OCI at FSU. You will see that several of the major Florida firms and major national firms with strong Florida presences do not recruit in-person at FSU. Names such as White & Case and Hunton & Williams come to mind.

Certainly, not everyone goes to law school with the intention of practicing in a major firm. But, for those that do, and especially for those who are strongly considering South Florida (the state's largest legal market), I would strongly caution attending FSU over UF, even if you're paying "sticker".


Goddamn it.

TMO123
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:48 am

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby TMO123 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:54 am

Is anyone still "No decision reached"?
If so, could you see if you have a UFID?
https://my.ufl.edu/psc/ps_pwd/EMPLOYEE/ ... B_UFID.GBL
Trying to figure out if every applicant is really assigned one.
Could do wonders for those of us waiting a seeming interminably long time for our letters. :)

TMO123
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:48 am

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby TMO123 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:56 am


waitinghardestpart
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:58 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby waitinghardestpart » Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:57 am

for those accepted - were the postmarks on your acceptance letters the same as the day the website declared you had a LIT?

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby Barbie » Fri Mar 25, 2011 11:58 am

TMO123 wrote:https://my.ufl.edu/psc/ps_pwd/EMPLOYEE/UF_PA_SSL/c/UF_PT_CUSTOM.UF_PA_SSNDOB_UFID.GBL


Someone already answered you. Said everyone gets a UF ID.

TMO123
Posts: 13
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:48 am

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby TMO123 » Fri Mar 25, 2011 12:02 pm

Ah, yes, I see. I wasn't sure if he was absolutely certain.
Just trying to double-check.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”