U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
FeelTheHeat

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby FeelTheHeat » Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:57 pm

Barbie, the difference between your scholarship and a full ride is HUGE. I think you made a great choice :)

gmen42

Postby gmen42 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:58 pm

voltage88 wrote:3/17 LIT=Acceptance for me.

Hey would you mind telling us the postmark date on that decision if possible? I'm curious as to when they were actually mailed out.

Barbie

Postby Barbie » Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:59 pm

FeelTheHeat wrote:Barbie, the difference between your scholarship and a full ride is HUGE. I think you made a great choice :)

duh. I was refering to the highlighted part about being a bad idea to pay sticker at UF. I didn't understand why he just highlighted that part if he was referring to the entire post.

gmen42

Postby gmen42 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:01 pm

Actually there's a decent chance I would choose UF over FSU even if FSU was full ride, I love UF though....

limelightwave

Postby limelightwave » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:01 pm

gmen42 wrote:
voltage88 wrote:3/17 LIT=Acceptance for me.

Hey would you mind telling us the postmark date on that decision if possible? I'm curious as to when they were actually mailed out.

I second this.

FeelTheHeat

Postby FeelTheHeat » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:02 pm

Barbie wrote:
FeelTheHeat wrote:Barbie, the difference between your scholarship and a full ride is HUGE. I think you made a great choice :)

duh. I was refering to the highlighted part about being a bad idea to pay sticker at UF. I didn't understand why he just highlighted that part if he was referring to the entire post.

Hey, no need for hostility!

Barbie

Postby Barbie » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:04 pm

FeelTheHeat wrote:
Barbie wrote:

You've met me, you should know my 'duh's are not hostile! Anyway, aren't you going to FSU? :)

Postby 98234872348 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:04 pm

Barbie wrote:

I also highlighted the word "still".

:wink:

Barbie

Postby Barbie » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:06 pm

mistergoft wrote:
Barbie wrote:

I also highlighted the word "still".

:wink:

Why highlight at all? And I was meaning to ask you, what year are you?

Postby 98234872348 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:08 pm

Barbie wrote:Why highlight at all? And I was meaning to ask you, what year are you?

Emphasis I guess?

2 EL.

FeelTheHeat

Postby FeelTheHeat » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:08 pm

Barbie wrote:
FeelTheHeat wrote:
Barbie wrote:

You've met me, you should know my 'duh's are not hostile! Anyway, aren't you going to FSU? :)

Probably, I'm sending in a seat deposit to both schools though because I really want to visit Gville as to make an informed decision. I don't mind taking a few extra weeks to make sure I am making the best decision possible. I always want to talk to a few of the judges and attorneys I know down here to get their perspective of the differences between both schools. I should have done this already, but I'm a lazy piece of shit lol. Hence, why I still lurk at the UF boards. Plus, I find the rabid fandom of Gators such a nice change of pace from ambivalent Miami fans.

And as someone who is technically still undecided, even considering UF at sticker over a full ride at FSU is nothing but financially irresponsible.

leidice

Postby leidice » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:10 pm

Barbie wrote:
leidice wrote:
Barbie wrote:
voltage88 wrote:When can i expect scholarship information i wonder? also, anyone successful at $$ negotiation??

What are your #s? I would assume if you are going to get a merit one it would be pretty much... now. They are starting the need based next week. I wouldn't be surprised if all the merit money is used up, though.

I still never received any kind of merit scholly from UF. I've been in for almost 2 months. This is ridic.

Sowwy :( I've actually heard that UF doesn't particularly like their own kind. I don't know WHY this would be the case, though ,and don't really believe it-- just something I've heard a few times. Where do you think youre going to go?? :D

But I'm not their own kind, unless all Florida residents are at a disadvantage. But this makes Wake cheaper or as cheap as staying in state at UF. Soooo that's what I'm probably leaning toward.

gatorlaw2011

Postby gatorlaw2011 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:13 pm

Last edited by gatorlaw2011 on Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Barbie

Postby Barbie » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:14 pm

leidice wrote:
Barbie wrote:
Sowwy :( I've actually heard that UF doesn't particularly like their own kind. I don't know WHY this would be the case, though ,and don't really believe it-- just something I've heard a few times. Where do you think youre going to go?? :D

But I'm not their own kind, unless all Florida residents are at a disadvantage. But this makes Wake cheaper or as cheap as staying in state at UF. Soooo that's what I'm probably leaning toward.

OOooh yeah I forgot! I have everyone mixed up. I kind of thought you weren't even really considering UF anymore but I'm glad you are!

FortuneFavorsTheBold

Postby FortuneFavorsTheBold » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:18 pm

Lol to clear things up, if I'm lucky enough to receive maybe 6k or 8k from UF, combined with fafsa, then maybe I can justify not having to move from gville...I know it sounds ridiculous, but I don't know, I'm just so use to UF, It would be nice not having to leave. But yea just a consideration, trust me I'm not skipping a full ride automatically even if UF were to accept me

gmen42

Postby gmen42 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:22 pm

FortuneFavorsTheBold wrote:Lol to clear things up, if I'm lucky enough to receive maybe 6k or 8k from UF, combined with fafsa, then maybe I can justify not having to move from gville...I know it sounds ridiculous, but I don't know, I'm just so use to UF, It would be nice not having to leave. But yea just a consideration, trust me I'm not skipping a full ride automatically even if UF were to accept me

+1 in terms of sentiment, love UF and is close to home/where I want to actually live afterward. Although full ride at FSU vs full pay at UF would probably lead me to FSU.

FortuneFavorsTheBold

Postby FortuneFavorsTheBold » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:26 pm

gmen42 wrote:
FortuneFavorsTheBold wrote:Lol to clear things up, if I'm lucky enough to receive maybe 6k or 8k from UF, combined with fafsa, then maybe I can justify not having to move from gville...I know it sounds ridiculous, but I don't know, I'm just so use to UF, It would be nice not having to leave. But yea just a consideration, trust me I'm not skipping a full ride automatically even if UF were to accept me

+1 in terms of sentiment, love UF and is close to home/where I want to actually live afterward. Although full ride at FSU vs full pay at UF would probably lead me to FSU.

Yup, first thing, hopefully being accepted, 2nd, wait for merit/need schollys to see if ther offer anything (by then for sure my deposit will be in at FSU)...quick question is it frowned upon to have a seat deposit at multiple schools?

Barbie

Postby Barbie » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:27 pm

FortuneFavorsTheBold wrote:
gmen42 wrote:

Yup, first thing, hopefully being accepted, 2nd, wait for merit/need schollys to see if ther offer anything (by then for sure my deposit will be in at FSU)...quick question is it frowned upon to have a seat deposit at multiple schools?

When you pay UF's its pretty much saying you promise to withdraw your application from all other schools.... It kind of even knocked me off guard by how srs it sounded lol.

FeelTheHeat

Postby FeelTheHeat » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:30 pm

This applies to a few people in this thread, but FSU allows for multiple seat deposits even after accepting your scholarship. Hope that makes it easier for some of you; also, I plan on paying both seat deposits, if UF gives me any shit, that makes my mind up lol

gmen42

Postby gmen42 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:33 pm

FortuneFavorsTheBold wrote:
gmen42 wrote:

Ya, half of me wants to say the rest should be acceptances, I figure they would do rejections in one batch and acceptances in one since both require different things inside the envelopes and it would be much easier to split it up, hopefully all of the rejections for the 3/17 batch are done already and the rest are all acceptances. Has anyone heard of any waitlist people recently? The 160/3.5 getting in today boosted my optimism to like 80%, hopefully all the people receiving letters tomorrow ( I assume tomorrow) will be acceptances.

Barbie

Postby Barbie » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:35 pm

FeelTheHeat wrote:This applies to a few people in this thread, but FSU allows for multiple seat deposits even after accepting your scholarship. Hope that makes it easier for some of you; also, I plan on paying both seat deposits, if UF gives me any shit, that makes my mind up lol

Can someone else who has paid theirs chime in? I don't have the paperwork I don't think.

thewarflamingo

Postby thewarflamingo » Wed Mar 23, 2011 5:46 pm

Barbie wrote:
FeelTheHeat wrote:This applies to a few people in this thread, but FSU allows for multiple seat deposits even after accepting your scholarship. Hope that makes it easier for some of you; also, I plan on paying both seat deposits, if UF gives me any shit, that makes my mind up lol

Can someone else who has paid theirs chime in? I don't have the paperwork I don't think.

Youre right barbie, it's pretty strict. This is what it says verbatim...
I affirm that I plan to enroll at the University of Florida Levin College of Law in Fall 2011, that I have no commitment to attend another law school, that I have not deferred enrollment at another law school, that I will not apply to another law school, and that I have withdrawn from other law schools to which I have been admitted.

I personally haven't double deposited, but I haven't withdrawn my other acceptances yet which makes me feel slightly guilty. I'd only double deposit in late april if I change my mind about UF, but that is highly unlikely.

PleaseHelpThanks

Postby PleaseHelpThanks » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:03 pm

thewarflamingo wrote:
Barbie wrote:

Youre right barbie, it's pretty strict. This is what it says verbatim...
I affirm that I plan to enroll at the University of Florida Levin College of Law in Fall 2011, that I have no commitment to attend another law school, that I have not deferred enrollment at another law school, that I will not apply to another law school, and that I have withdrawn from other law schools to which I have been admitted.

This doesn't say a thing about accepting a WL offer, so I will opt to believe that I can accept WL offers… or is that wrong?

FeelTheHeat

Postby FeelTheHeat » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:05 pm

I would call and ask, but the receptionist is the single rudest and most dismissive person I have ever encountered (outside of myself, obviously)

PleaseHelpThanks

Postby PleaseHelpThanks » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:07 pm

FeelTheHeat wrote:I would call and ask, but the receptionist is the single rudest and most dismissive person I have ever encountered (outside of myself, obviously)

They have been SOOOOOOOOOOOOO nice to me. Must be bad luck.

Edit: Someone please enlighten me on accepting WL offers after paying the seat deposit
Last edited by PleaseHelpThanks on Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”