U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
PleaseHelpThanks
Posts: 85
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:05 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby PleaseHelpThanks » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:08 pm

.
Last edited by PleaseHelpThanks on Sun Jun 26, 2011 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ns77770
Posts: 287
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:40 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby ns77770 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:23 pm

PleaseHelpThanks wrote:I was told that more Aid offers are going in the mail today, or tomorrow.

Fingers crossed!


Wow that's good news thanks for sharing

User avatar
mtothelissa
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:43 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby mtothelissa » Mon Mar 21, 2011 2:56 pm

mtothelissa wrote:
Current Status: Letter issued (5-10 days for receipt)
Current Status Date: 3/17/2011

Crossing my fingers and hoping to God, but I'm sure it's a WL which means Penn State for me.




Good Luck!!!!


Thanks! I live in Florida so I'm hoping it'll be in the mail today when I get back from work.

gmen42
Posts: 119
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:53 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby gmen42 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:06 pm

mtothelissa wrote:
mtothelissa wrote:
Current Status: Letter issued (5-10 days for receipt)
Current Status Date: 3/17/2011

Crossing my fingers and hoping to God, but I'm sure it's a WL which means Penn State for me.




Good Luck!!!!


Thanks! I live in Florida so I'm hoping it'll be in the mail today when I get back from work.


You would think that, I was letter issued same day and could have walked back and forth to the law school over a hundred times now (live in Gainesville).

User avatar
FortuneFavorsTheBold
Posts: 145
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:54 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby FortuneFavorsTheBold » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:06 pm

mtothelissa wrote:
mtothelissa wrote:
Current Status: Letter issued (5-10 days for receipt)
Current Status Date: 3/17/2011

Crossing my fingers and hoping to God, but I'm sure it's a WL which means Penn State for me.




Good Luck!!!!


Thanks! I live in Florida so I'm hoping it'll be in the mail today when I get back from work.


+1 (in gville)

User avatar
mtothelissa
Posts: 30
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:43 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby mtothelissa » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:11 pm

gmen42 wrote:
mtothelissa wrote:
mtothelissa wrote:
Current Status: Letter issued (5-10 days for receipt)
Current Status Date: 3/17/2011

Crossing my fingers and hoping to God, but I'm sure it's a WL which means Penn State for me.




Good Luck!!!!


Thanks! I live in Florida so I'm hoping it'll be in the mail today when I get back from work.


You would think that, I was letter issued same day and could have walked back and forth to the law school over a hundred times now (live in Gainesville).


Well, if they really did mail it out Thursday and it isn't just waiting in someone's bin somewhere, then I'm hopeful. Haha. But yeah, I've read a number of posts about people in Gville having to wait up to the 10 days it says to get their letters.

gmen42
Posts: 119
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:53 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby gmen42 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:31 pm

I'm assuming it wasn't mailed out Thursday or Friday, Netflix from Orlando gets to me in one day, a letter from less than 3 miles down the road shouldn't take this long. I'm not quite sure why they don't just wait to change status until they physically place the letter in the mail.

gmen42
Posts: 119
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:53 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby gmen42 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:46 pm

Just got mail from mail carrier, nothing today, really awesome, I'd be better off not knowing when they sent it this is freaking painful.

ManageDamage
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:17 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby ManageDamage » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:48 pm

gmen42 wrote:Just got mail from mail carrier, nothing today, really awesome, I'd be better off not knowing when they sent it this is freaking painful.


Do you live in Florida? I live in south Florida and I'm really hoping something is waiting for me when I get home. (Letter sent 3/17) :?

gmen42
Posts: 119
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:53 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby gmen42 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:49 pm

ManageDamage wrote:
gmen42 wrote:Just got mail from mail carrier, nothing today, really awesome, I'd be better off not knowing when they sent it this is freaking painful.


Do you live in Florida? I live in south Florida and I'm really hoping something is waiting for me when I get home. (Letter sent 3/17) :?

I live appx. 3 miles from the school.

User avatar
FortuneFavorsTheBold
Posts: 145
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:54 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby FortuneFavorsTheBold » Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:30 pm

same situation here...checked mail, and nothing important. 2-3 miles off campus

gmen42
Posts: 119
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:53 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby gmen42 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:34 pm

FortuneFavorsTheBold wrote:same situation here...checked mail, and nothing important. 2-3 miles off campus

I half feel like calling up and asking if I can pick it up. I really don't understand why they tell us letter in transit when it definitely is not.

User avatar
FortuneFavorsTheBold
Posts: 145
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:54 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby FortuneFavorsTheBold » Mon Mar 21, 2011 4:55 pm

i doubt they'll say yes, but if nothing shows up 2morrow, then its worth a shot....after snooping around to about pg 81ish, the gville residents who had (thursday) 3/3 letter in transits got their mail on the following monday...so, yea if not 2day then definitely 2morrow

User avatar
FortuneFavorsTheBold
Posts: 145
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:54 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby FortuneFavorsTheBold » Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:00 pm

UPDATE...just called, the peeson i was talking to was extremely friendly, and i explained to her the situation, well pretty muchasked her straight up if i could find out the decision, which she laughed and said "sorry"....then i asked if i could just walk into the office tomorrow and ask and she also apologized and said no...but if its worht nething she clarified and said it was processed on the 17, and mailed on the 18th...so yea, living in gville i see no way we can get our decisions by 2morrow

gmen42
Posts: 119
Joined: Thu Mar 17, 2011 3:53 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby gmen42 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:12 pm

FortuneFavorsTheBold wrote:UPDATE...just called, the peeson i was talking to was extremely friendly, and i explained to her the situation, well pretty muchasked her straight up if i could find out the decision, which she laughed and said "sorry"....then i asked if i could just walk into the office tomorrow and ask and she also apologized and said no...but if its worht nething she clarified and said it was processed on the 17, and mailed on the 18th...so yea, living in gville i see no way we can get our decisions by 2morrow


Good to hear, hopefully maybe that means they were taking a whole day to put our acceptance package together. :lol:

User avatar
LSATmakesMeNeurotic
Posts: 941
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:17 am

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby LSATmakesMeNeurotic » Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:39 pm

For the 1Ls on here, someone just told me that tuition freezes at the amount it was for your 1L year. So if you entered and tuition was 16,500 it will be that much for all three years. Can anyone confirm this?

ns77770
Posts: 287
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:40 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby ns77770 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 5:54 pm

LSATmakesMeNeurotic wrote:For the 1Ls on here, someone just told me that tuition freezes at the amount it was for your 1L year. So if you entered and tuition was 16,500 it will be that much for all three years. Can anyone confirm this?


This is relevant to my interests

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby Barbie » Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:02 pm

PleaseHelpThanks wrote:I was told that more Aid offers are going in the mail today, or tomorrow.

Fingers crossed!


You... You're awesome.
I found out at lunch today my parents are "dissapointed" in me for choosing UF over other offers with $$$. I'm REALLY hoping I get some aid for the obvious reason that I'm broke, and so I can sneer at my parents.

Did they specify whether it was merit/ need&merit/ need based?

User avatar
98234872348
Posts: 1547
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:25 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby 98234872348 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:34 pm

ns77770 wrote:
LSATmakesMeNeurotic wrote:For the 1Ls on here, someone just told me that tuition freezes at the amount it was for your 1L year. So if you entered and tuition was 16,500 it will be that much for all three years. Can anyone confirm this?


This is relevant to my interests

Was not true last year, but would be excellent if true.

ManageDamage
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:17 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby ManageDamage » Mon Mar 21, 2011 8:59 pm

I really don't know what to do if I get waitlist/reject from UF at this point. I have yet to hear anything from FSU and seat deposits are coming due for some other options. Stetson (at sticker apparently, haven't heard anything scholarship wise, deposit due April 15) and Nova Southeastern with a 20k/year scholarship (deposit due April 1). What would you do (assuming I get WL/Reject from UF)?

ns77770
Posts: 287
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:40 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby ns77770 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:22 pm

ManageDamage wrote:I really don't know what to do if I get waitlist/reject from UF at this point. I have yet to hear anything from FSU and seat deposits are coming due for some other options. Stetson (at sticker apparently, haven't heard anything scholarship wise, deposit due April 15) and Nova Southeastern with a 20k/year scholarship (deposit due April 1). What would you do (assuming I get WL/Reject from UF)?


When did you apply and what are your numbers? Or if you don't wanna say numbers, how close are you to the medians?

User avatar
Neo
Posts: 183
Joined: Sat May 01, 2010 3:45 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby Neo » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:22 pm

ManageDamage wrote:I really don't know what to do if I get waitlist/reject from UF at this point. I have yet to hear anything from FSU and seat deposits are coming due for some other options. Stetson (at sticker apparently, haven't heard anything scholarship wise, deposit due April 15) and Nova Southeastern with a 20k/year scholarship (deposit due April 1). What would you do (assuming I get WL/Reject from UF)?



What are your numbers?

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby Barbie » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:28 pm

ManageDamage wrote:
ChiCubs14 wrote:I'm "Letter issued" as of today 3/17

I'm very borderline/reach 158/3.6...strong softs

Not getting my hopes up (excited to finally have an answer though) :)


My numbers are very similar to this. Slightly higher LSAT and slightly lower GPA. Strong softs.

For those that got in, acceptace letter was big/small? Thick/thin? :wink:

ManageDamage
Posts: 42
Joined: Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:17 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby ManageDamage » Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:24 pm

ns77770 wrote:
ManageDamage wrote:I really don't know what to do if I get waitlist/reject from UF at this point. I have yet to hear anything from FSU and seat deposits are coming due for some other options. Stetson (at sticker apparently, haven't heard anything scholarship wise, deposit due April 15) and Nova Southeastern with a 20k/year scholarship (deposit due April 1). What would you do (assuming I get WL/Reject from UF)?


When did you apply and what are your numbers? Or if you don't wanna say numbers, how close are you to the medians?


160/3.5

Applied early Feb.

I've been reading here how Nova is catching a lot of flak from people and I'm not sure why exactly. Some people rate Florida Coastal as a better than Nova?? I don't get that.

User avatar
FeelTheHeat
Posts: 5203
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:32 am

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby FeelTheHeat » Mon Mar 21, 2011 10:28 pm

The REAL debate is Nova or Barry.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google Adsense [Bot], Nickel94 and 10 guests