U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby 98234872348 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:21 pm

amarkonthedoor wrote:
SunDevil07 wrote:Also letter sent today. From all of the stats I've seen, we're waitlists.

Ugh what the hell. I'm still at "file reviewed, no decision reached" since 1/7/2011.
3.5/160 with 3 letters of recommendation (one from a judge who attended Levin with my dad) and an addendum to my file that I fractured my spine 2 months before I entered undergrad...medical complications kept me from doing a lot of extracurriculars but I did have a job.
I just have no idea what my chances are when people with better stats are getting waitlisted or straight up denied. Seat deposit at FSU is due the 1st :/ UF are torturers.

LSP has you as a "consider"

FortuneFavorsTheBold

Postby FortuneFavorsTheBold » Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:21 pm

pinkcamellia wrote:I've been on the road all day but I just saw that I have a decision letter sent today. Here's hoping that we're not rejected! :)

FortuneFavorsTheBold

Postby FortuneFavorsTheBold » Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:23 pm

pinkcamellia wrote:I've been on the road all day but I just saw that I have a decision letter sent today. Here's hoping that we're not rejected! :)

+1

voltage88

Postby voltage88 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:36 pm

Those admitted: does scholarship info come with the admission package?

pinkcamellia

Postby pinkcamellia » Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:49 pm

So I called UF about yesterday's decision letters since I will be at a conference for the next two weeks and will not be able to check my mail. No hints! *sigh*

spets

Postby spets » Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:11 pm

voltage88 wrote:Those admitted: does scholarship info come with the admission package?

Mine came in separately a few weeks later.

voltage88

Postby voltage88 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 4:27 pm

spets wrote:
voltage88 wrote:Those admitted: does scholarship info come with the admission package?

Thanks! What exactly was the timeline for everyone for scholarship notification? Is UF generous with money? I'm worried that I'll find out about scholly info from UF after seat deposit deadlines at some other schools :(

Neo

Postby Neo » Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:08 pm

voltage88 wrote:
spets wrote:

Thanks! What exactly was the timeline for everyone for scholarship notification? Is UF generous with money? I'm worried that I'll find out about scholly info from UF after seat deposit deadlines at some other schools :(

From what I hear UF is not very generous with money. I think the most people got is around 12 thousand (and that's with very high numbers). I don't know what your numbers are but unless your LSAT is stellar, I wouldn't count on getting much (if anything) from UF.

Edit: FSU seems to be much more generous (probably due to their attempt to steal students who would otherwise be attending UF).

leidice

Postby leidice » Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:13 pm

Neo wrote:
voltage88 wrote:
spets wrote:

From what I hear UF is not very generous with money. I think the most people got is around 12 thousand (and that's with very high numbers). I don't know what your numbers are but unless your LSAT is stellar, I wouldn't count on getting much (if anything) from UF.

Edit: FSU seems to be much more generous (probably due to their attempt to steal students who would otherwise be attending UF).

Yeah.. I'm 163/3.9x in-state with no $ from UF. FSU on the other hand offered me nearly 80% tuition. And Neo, I don't think they do that to "steal" students from UF -- many schools offer generous scholarship awards. UF is just being cheap :P

Neo

Postby Neo » Fri Mar 18, 2011 5:17 pm

Ha ha ha maybe! But my experience with FSU tells me they have a bit of a chip on their shoulder :P

voltage88

Postby voltage88 » Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:14 pm

Neo wrote:
voltage88 wrote:
spets wrote:

Sigh :( From what I've gathered, it seems possible to gain Florida residency for 2L and 3L...how hard is it really? are there any current students who have experience with the reclassification process and how stringent UF is? or any current applicants who have any knowledge?

FortuneFavorsTheBold

Postby FortuneFavorsTheBold » Fri Mar 18, 2011 6:25 pm

voltage88 wrote:anyone know if you're able to log onto https://lists.law.ufl.edu/SeatDeposit/origin immediately after you're admitted?

VERY GOOD POINT! Anybody have information on this?

FortuneFavorsTheBold

Postby FortuneFavorsTheBold » Fri Mar 18, 2011 10:18 pm

pinkcamellia wrote:So I called UF about yesterday's decision letters since I will be at a conference for the next two weeks and will not be able to check my mail. No hints! *sigh*

lol i was thinking of doing the same....but yea these next 48-72 hours will be the worse (assuming living in gville I'll receive the letter by monday latest)

Barbie

Postby Barbie » Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:46 pm

You guys better be watching this game! its awesome

ns77770

Postby ns77770 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:16 pm

Barbie wrote:You guys better be watching this game! its awesome

Wow Walker really took over the last 2 minutes of that game!

Felix2009

Postby Felix2009 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:25 pm

This is a question for all of those who attended the March accepted students day...

I am registered to attend the April 15th asd and even though I am a 24 year old adult who has lived away from home since I was 18 my parents are insisting on coming along.

Did anyone else see parents at the asd in March? My parents aren't like those obnoxious parents who are going to be asking questions left and right, I think they just want to feel included in the process since, as their child, they have a bit of an investment in my future. . .

Thoughts?

FeelTheHeat

Postby FeelTheHeat » Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:27 pm

Felix2009 wrote:This is a question for all of those who attended the March accepted students day...

I am registered to attend the April 15th asd and even though I am a 24 year old adult who has lived away from home since I was 18 my parents are insisting on coming along.

Did anyone else see parents at the asd in March? My parents aren't like those obnoxious parents who are going to be asking questions left and right, I think they just want to feel included in the process since, as their child, they have a bit of an investment in my future. . .

Thoughts?

Ehhhh....I can speak for the FSU ASD, and there were no parents there...

Barbie

Postby Barbie » Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:39 pm

FeelTheHeat wrote:
Felix2009 wrote:This is a question for all of those who attended the March accepted students day...

Thoughts?

There were I think 2 sets of parents.. I mean, it definitly makes you stick out and I think will probably hinder your experience a bit since you won't really be talking to your peers as much, but do what you need to. If my parents were offering to pay for me in any way I would let them haha.

thewarflamingo

Postby thewarflamingo » Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:47 pm

Barbie wrote:
FeelTheHeat wrote:

Thoughts?

There were I think 2 sets of parents.. I mean, it definitly makes you stick out and I think will probably hinder your experience a bit since you won't really be talking to your peers as much, but do what you need to. If my parents were offering to pay for me in any way I would let them haha.

Didn't professor King call out one of the parents? Lol I don't remember what was said, but I remember him asking a woman if she was the mother of one of the students and then asked her some questions lol I dont care if people bring their parents, I won't remember who did in the fall anyway.

Felix2009

Postby Felix2009 » Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:50 pm

thewarflamingo wrote:
Barbie wrote:
FeelTheHeat wrote:

Thoughts?

Didn't professor King call out one of the parents? Lol I don't remember what was said, but I remember him asking a woman if she was the mother of one of the students and then asked her some questions lol I dont care if people bring their parents, I won't remember who did in the fall anyway.

Yeah I don't think I have much of a choice as they are paying for my plane ticket to fly down to Florida. Such is life. If anyone is attending the April ASD I will be the girl with her parents, haha... please come and say hi!

Neo

Postby Neo » Sun Mar 20, 2011 2:26 pm

Thoughts?

As Barbie and warflamingo already mentioned, two mothers attended with their daughters and professor king did direct one or two questions at them; however, I was told that guests aren't allowed. So if you're going to bring your parents, I wouldn't ask for permission.

hurricane10

Postby hurricane10 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:30 am

im sending my seat deposit in this week but have finally decided on UF!! I decided long term that I wanted to end up in Florida so any of my other options really didn't make any sense. can't wait to meet everyone!

Barbie

Postby Barbie » Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:15 pm

hurricane10 wrote:im sending my seat deposit in this week but have finally decided on UF!! I decided long term that I wanted to end up in Florida so any of my other options really didn't make any sense. can't wait to meet everyone!

Yay!!!!

mtothelissa

Postby mtothelissa » Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:15 pm

Current Status: Letter issued (5-10 days for receipt)
Current Status Date: 3/17/2011

Crossing my fingers and hoping to God, but I'm sure it's a WL which means Penn State for me.

Classygal87

Postby Classygal87 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 1:32 pm

mtothelissa wrote:Current Status: Letter issued (5-10 days for receipt)
Current Status Date: 3/17/2011

Crossing my fingers and hoping to God, but I'm sure it's a WL which means Penn State for me.

Good Luck!!!!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”