U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
ScrabbleChamp
Posts: 963
Joined: Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:09 am

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby ScrabbleChamp » Sat Mar 05, 2011 3:54 pm

Barbie wrote:
ScrabbleChamp wrote:
Barbie wrote:I made this thread and have thus been stalking it from the very beginning, and I have to say the lettering is weird. I remember the auto-admits waited like a week for theirs. I got mine the day AFTER my status changed (and I live way south of Gville). I think sometimes the letters actually go out that day, sometimes before, and sometimes after just depending on when they get around to changing your status lol.


Well, I'm hoping that they at least sent it out by Friday since my status changed on Thursday, and if it was sent on Friday, I should definitely have it today. If it doesn't arrive today, it hasn't been sent, yet.


Deuce lives in gville and it took him like a week to get his pretty sure. But hopefully they sent them out at a decent time of the week :) good luck !


Well, nothing in the mail, today. More waiting. Wonderful.

User avatar
dukivich10
Posts: 118
Joined: Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:45 am

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby dukivich10 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:48 am

so do we know if the office will be open during spring break?

thewarflamingo
Posts: 939
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:27 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby thewarflamingo » Sun Mar 06, 2011 12:30 pm

I promised to post pictures so I'll have those up probably by tomorrow.

User avatar
Mattfl88
Posts: 137
Joined: Wed Jan 19, 2011 10:41 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby Mattfl88 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 1:44 pm

thewarflamingo wrote:I promised to post pictures so I'll have those up probably by tomorrow.


That'd be awesome. Thanks!

User avatar
leidice
Posts: 241
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:05 am

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby leidice » Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:21 pm

thewarflamingo wrote:I promised to post pictures so I'll have those up probably by tomorrow.


Yeah, I'd love to see your pics too! :D

User avatar
voltage88
Posts: 170
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:36 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby voltage88 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:46 pm

for someone who is out of the country and doesn't have the luxury of reliable mail delivery, is there a way of knowing whether or not I got into Florida? I know Florida notifies by mail only but I'm just curious if there's an admitted student's site like some schools have or something of the sort that will let me know indirectly whether I got in or not...??

thewarflamingo
Posts: 939
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:27 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby thewarflamingo » Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:48 pm

leidice wrote:
thewarflamingo wrote:I promised to post pictures so I'll have those up probably by tomorrow.


Yeah, I'd love to see your pics too! :D

Haha just go look on my facebook page!

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby Barbie » Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:48 pm

voltage88 wrote:for someone who is out of the country and doesn't have the luxury of reliable mail delivery, is there a way of knowing whether or not I got into Florida? I know Florida notifies by mail only but I'm just curious if there's an admitted student's site like some schools have or something of the sort that will let me know indirectly whether I got in or not...??


No, but depending on what day you go LIT, you can see what decision other people who also went LIT that day got on this website :)

User avatar
voltage88
Posts: 170
Joined: Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:36 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby voltage88 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 5:54 pm

Barbie wrote:
voltage88 wrote:for someone who is out of the country and doesn't have the luxury of reliable mail delivery, is there a way of knowing whether or not I got into Florida? I know Florida notifies by mail only but I'm just curious if there's an admitted student's site like some schools have or something of the sort that will let me know indirectly whether I got in or not...??


No, but depending on what day you go LIT, you can see what decision other people who also went LIT that day got on this website :)


hmmm i see. how about trying the seat deposit website? (https://lists.law.ufl.edu/SeatDeposit/origin) I'm assuming you have access to that site once you're admitted?

hope11
Posts: 67
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:57 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby hope11 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:00 pm

well, it's official guys, I was in the 3/3 group and couldn't log in to the above website - and it's my same UF id since I already go to UF - so in other words the letter will be either a deny or a waitlist FML! so upset :evil: you should try it and let me know too so we can start a hate party already blagh

User avatar
Bill Cosby
Posts: 331
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:56 am

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby Bill Cosby » Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:11 pm

Do I have any shot of receiving money as an out-of-state student with 163/3.4? Acceptance came in the mail about a week and a half ago and would like to attend here over FSU, but not sure I can justify it at sticker.

ns77770
Posts: 287
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:40 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby ns77770 » Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:29 pm

Just made my seat deposit, looking forward to meeting you all!

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby Barbie » Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:03 pm

ns77770 wrote:Just made my seat deposit, looking forward to meeting you all!


yay <3 i think that makes 3 of us itt?

User avatar
alicrimson
Posts: 923
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:27 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby alicrimson » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:36 am

Does everyone believe there will be no admissions news this week in light of spring break? Gah! Idk if I can take much longer. lol. Good thing I applied in October. :roll:

User avatar
Bill Cosby
Posts: 331
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2010 2:56 am

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby Bill Cosby » Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:50 am

alicrimson wrote:Does everyone believe there will be no admissions news this week in light of spring break? Gah! Idk if I can take much longer. lol. Good thing I applied in October. :roll:


It's not like administration gets the week off.

User avatar
alicrimson
Posts: 923
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:27 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby alicrimson » Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:12 am

Bill Cosby wrote:
alicrimson wrote:Does everyone believe there will be no admissions news this week in light of spring break? Gah! Idk if I can take much longer. lol. Good thing I applied in October. :roll:


It's not like administration gets the week off.



Ohhhh, see that's what I didn't know. Glad I asked on here instead of just going off thinking whatever. Thanks.

User avatar
haoledugan
Posts: 118
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:49 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby haoledugan » Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:12 pm

Any more status checkers change today??

SixStrings11
Posts: 332
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:08 am

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby SixStrings11 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:02 pm

haoledugan wrote:Any more status checkers change today??


Still no decision for me. Really hope I hear soon though. Preferably good news.

User avatar
haoledugan
Posts: 118
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2011 10:49 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby haoledugan » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:09 pm

Kinda off subject, but I would love to get some insight from UF prospective students. I've currently received acceptances from the following:

U Miami - w/24k scholly per year
ASU - 5k total
U Kentucky - scholly = instate tuition
U Tenn. - scholly = instate tuition

These are my four top contenders. Practicing in Florida would be ideal, but, like I said, just curious what other UF hopefuls would do.

jtkhsc
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:27 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby jtkhsc » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:23 pm

Just received my 3/3 letter - denied.

SixStrings11
Posts: 332
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:08 am

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby SixStrings11 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:24 pm

jtkhsc wrote:Just received my 3/3 letter - denied.


Sorry to hear that, but thank you for letting us know.

User avatar
alicrimson
Posts: 923
Joined: Sun Mar 14, 2010 6:27 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby alicrimson » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:24 pm

jtkhsc wrote:Just received my 3/3 letter - denied.


Thank you for posting the outcome. I'm sorry to hear that. Good luck with the rest of your cycle and 1L year!!!!

SixStrings11
Posts: 332
Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:08 am

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby SixStrings11 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:27 pm

haoledugan wrote:Kinda off subject, but I would love to get some insight from UF prospective students. I've currently received acceptances from the following:

U Miami - w/24k scholly per year
ASU - 5k total
U Kentucky - scholly = instate tuition
U Tenn. - scholly = instate tuition

These are my four top contenders. Practicing in Florida would be ideal, but, like I said, just curious what other UF hopefuls would do.


Hard to say. Miami with $24k isn't a bad option. Keep in mind, though, that Coral Gables is an expensive place to live. If you don't receive scholly from UF, and you have to pay out of state tuition, that might be a little rough. Even so, it's a great school. If you really want to practice in Florida, Miami and UF (or FSU) would be your best bet.. it just depends on where you want to live and how much you want to pay. Not sure about job prospects.

User avatar
Felix2009
Posts: 18
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:27 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby Felix2009 » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:44 pm

jtkhsc wrote:Just received my 3/3 letter - denied.



Sorry to hear about your rejection. Any chance you would mind sharing your stats?

jtkhsc
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:27 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby jtkhsc » Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:47 pm

z
Last edited by jtkhsc on Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: OtterLaw and 5 guests