U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Deuce

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby Deuce » Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:48 am

Barbie wrote:
Deuce wrote:
ns77770 wrote:Hey sorry to derail the thread from talking about acceptances (maybe I should make a UF c/o '14 thread?), but for people living in apartments, are you going solo or are ya'll trying to find roommates? And if you are trying to find roommates, how are you doing so?

Also, I have been looking at some of the small "cottage" houses (like 1/1 or 2/1, 2/2 at the biggest) that are across the street from the law school. Are these party houses, or are they generally quiet? And how much of a shit storm are these on game days? Thanks for the help in advance!

On a general given day, the houses/area around the law school are pretty quiet. The noisy housing is all around midtown, and the houses by the law school are about a mile away from all of that. However, on gameday, the entire city of Gainesville turns into an Orange and Blue drunken shitshow, including the law school house area, which you need to embrace because there is no wilder area/better fans in the nation than at UF on gameday.

Deuce, do they show the UF games on TV (Ive never really watched college football so is it blacked out like NFL sometimes)? I will never, EVER walk back into that stadium (I think I told you my UF vs. LSU horror story) but think I could handle watching football with some ribs in the smoker and a kegorator, and watching it from the comfort of my HOME. haha

The first 2 games of the year, where we pay some terrible D2 teams to come and let us beat up on them for practice are usually unaired... but every single game after that is on TV

Deuce

Postby Deuce » Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:49 am

ManageDamage wrote:
Deuce wrote:
ns77770 wrote:Hey sorry to derail the thread from talking about acceptances (maybe I should make a UF c/o '14 thread?), but for people living in apartments, are you going solo or are ya'll trying to find roommates? And if you are trying to find roommates, how are you doing so?

Also, I have been looking at some of the small "cottage" houses (like 1/1 or 2/1, 2/2 at the biggest) that are across the street from the law school. Are these party houses, or are they generally quiet? And how much of a shit storm are these on game days? Thanks for the help in advance!

On a general given day, the houses/area around the law school are pretty quiet. The noisy housing is all around midtown, and the houses by the law school are about a mile away from all of that. However, on gameday, the entire city of Gainesville turns into an Orange and Blue drunken shitshow, including the law school house area, which you need to embrace because there is no wilder area/better fans in the nation than at UF on gameday.

Man, as a Nole, this would be quite annoying. Except in November when I would get to watch a repeat of last year! :D

You guys had your once-in-7-years moment last year, now it's back to irrelevance for you noles :wink:

alicrimson

Postby alicrimson » Fri Mar 04, 2011 11:55 am

Deuce wrote:

I've experienced UG at UF and Bama and have done Greek gameday and normal activities on both campuses. If you believe UF has the best atmosphere, you clearly have never been to Tuscaloosa. haha. I didn't believe it could get better than UF myself either until I experienced it. Its crazy. Though, UF is great also. :D

Deuce

Postby Deuce » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:04 pm

alicrimson wrote:
Deuce wrote:

I've experienced UG at UF and Bama and have done Greek gameday and normal activities on both campuses. If you believe UF has the best atmosphere, you clearly have never been to Tuscaloosa. haha. I didn't believe it could get better than UF myself either until I experienced it. Its crazy. Though, UF is great also. :D

I've done gameday in Tuscaloosa, Vanderbilt, Bourbon Street/Baton Rouge (twice, 3 next year), FSU, Jacksonville for FL/GA 4 times, and Tennessee. The quad in bama was a shitshow for sure, and their fans were the nicest I've ever encountered (bought me some drinks, let me & friends in their houses to hangout for a bit pre-game), but I'll stand by the fact that there are no more intense/passionate fans in the nation than at UF on gameday.

flgator10

Postby flgator10 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:09 pm

Deuce wrote:
alicrimson wrote:
Deuce wrote:

I've done gameday in Tuscaloosa, Vanderbilt, Bourbon Street/Baton Rouge (twice, 3 next year), FSU, Jacksonville for FL/GA 4 times, and Tennessee. The quad in bama was a shitshow for sure, and their fans were the nicest I've ever encountered (bought me some drinks, let me & friends in their houses to hangout for a bit pre-game), but I'll stand by the fact that there are no more intense/passionate fans in the nation than at UF on gameday.

+1

ManageDamage

Postby ManageDamage » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:12 pm

Deuce wrote:
ManageDamage wrote:
Deuce wrote:

Man, as a Nole, this would be quite annoying. Except in November when I would get to watch a repeat of last year! :D

You guys had your once-in-7-years moment last year, now it's back to irrelevance for you noles :wink:

Came out with the #1 recruiting class in the nation this offseason (but so did UF last year, a curse?)...FSU is going to be pretty good for awile to come I believe. If I do end up going to UF I think most of my gamedays will be spent 2 hours to the northwest. Lots of respect for what UF did with Timmy though.

gator2189

Postby gator2189 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 12:59 pm

File reviewed, no decision reached since 12/08, status changed to LIT on 3/3. My GPA is 3.23, and LSAT is 160. I am extremely nervous.

ScrabbleChamp

Postby ScrabbleChamp » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:05 pm

gator2189 wrote:File reviewed, no decision reached since 12/08, status changed to LIT on 3/3. My GPA is 3.23, and LSAT is 160. I am extremely nervous.

I'm in the LIT 3/3 group, but I'm guessing we are all rejected. You have the highest LSAT of anyone to have mentioned a 3/3/ LIT, and your numbers are at or below the 25%. I'm just below 25% LSAT and just above median GPA. I hope we are in, though.

FeelTheHeat

Postby FeelTheHeat » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:08 pm

Best of luck to the both of you.

valentina5

Postby valentina5 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:20 pm

ScrabbleChamp wrote:
gator2189 wrote:File reviewed, no decision reached since 12/08, status changed to LIT on 3/3. My GPA is 3.23, and LSAT is 160. I am extremely nervous.

I'm in the LIT 3/3 group, but I'm guessing we are all rejected. You have the highest LSAT of anyone to have mentioned a 3/3/ LIT, and your numbers are at or below the 25%. I'm just below 25% LSAT and just above median GPA. I hope we are in, though.

ScrabbleChamp...what do you think about what I mentioned earlier....

Hmmm if that 163 and 168 from the Tuesday group are acceptances...and there are some rejections reported from Tuesday...then the batch is mixed? Maybe every time they send ltrs it's mixed...haha...it really sux that they aren't following last year's pattern...it seems they aren't following any pattern!

I think it's possible...anyway...good luck LIT 3/3 group!!

ScrabbleChamp

Postby ScrabbleChamp » Fri Mar 04, 2011 1:28 pm

valentina5 wrote:
ScrabbleChamp wrote:

ScrabbleChamp...what do you think about what I mentioned earlier....

Hmmm if that 163 and 168 from the Tuesday group are acceptances...and there are some rejections reported from Tuesday...then the batch is mixed? Maybe every time they send ltrs it's mixed...haha...it really sux that they aren't following last year's pattern...it seems they aren't following any pattern!

I think it's possible...anyway...good luck LIT 3/3 group!!

I don't put any stock into what BigBen stated. It's hard to believe he knows several people who all received Decison in Tranist in successive days, that those people have already received decisions, and of those, all were denied. I mean, of all the people that frequent this thread, only 2 have reported actually having a 3/1 Decision in Transit, and somehow, BigBen knows several that have received decisions this week? It's not impossible, but I find it unlikely his story is the truth, especially when it seems that, up to this point, UF's batches have all been the same decision.

dukivich10

Postby dukivich10 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:11 pm

So no letters mailed today???

gator2189

Postby gator2189 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 2:27 pm

whiteswan wrote:OMG so since I'm in Gville I will let everyone know tomorrow for sure whether Thursday is denied/accepted/waitlisted...thank me later :D

Have you received anything yet?

alicrimson

Postby alicrimson » Fri Mar 04, 2011 3:49 pm

ScrabbleChamp wrote:

Idk. Scrabble champ and gator, your numbers don't strike me as early dings. I would think waitlist maybe but who knows...

dabbadon8

Postby dabbadon8 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 5:37 pm

Just withdrew today, hopefully someone here will get my spot and $. Went to UF for UG and it was a ton of fun. Good luck to everyone.

FortuneFavorsTheBold

Postby FortuneFavorsTheBold » Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:10 pm

dukivich10 wrote:So no letters mailed today???

at this point im not sure if that's good or bad....but assuming all offices on this campus are closed during spring break (which im not sure), it would suck to have to wait another week without any movement..... oh and kudos to Gator2189 for brining this thread back to topic

AJaKe

Postby AJaKe » Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:15 pm

Last edited by AJaKe on Tue Dec 20, 2011 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ScrabbleChamp

Postby ScrabbleChamp » Fri Mar 04, 2011 7:16 pm

Just checked my mail. Evidently, UF didn't actually send out the 3/3 letters on 3/3, otherwise I would have received mine. I guess at least another day long wait to find out what the 3/3 letters reveal.

ns77770

Postby ns77770 » Fri Mar 04, 2011 8:06 pm

AJaKe wrote:Oh, I wanted to mention that UF Law has a housing forum http://forums.law.ufl.edu, so you can find roommates/rooms once you decide.

Also, someone mentioned wanting pictures? When I was a 0L I visited and took some pictures, they are in one of the old UF threads, if I can find them I'll link to them.

That'd be awesome... I mean I've been to Levin a bunch of times but I just like pics lol

gator6589

Postby gator6589 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 11:32 am

Has anyone in Gainesville from the 3/3 group received the letter??

ScrabbleChamp

Postby ScrabbleChamp » Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:49 pm

gator6589 wrote:Has anyone in Gainesville from the 3/3 group received the letter??

I'm about 90 minutes south of Gainesville and no joy at this time. However, my mail has not come today. I'll let you know in a few hours if I got my letter.

Barbie

Postby Barbie » Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:51 pm

ScrabbleChamp wrote:
gator6589 wrote:Has anyone in Gainesville from the 3/3 group received the letter??

I'm about 90 minutes south of Gainesville and no joy at this time. However, my mail has not come today. I'll let you know in a few hours if I got my letter.

I made this thread and have thus been stalking it from the very beginning, and I have to say the lettering is weird. I remember the auto-admits waited like a week for theirs. I got mine the day AFTER my status changed (and I live way south of Gville). I think sometimes the letters actually go out that day, sometimes before, and sometimes after just depending on when they get around to changing your status lol.

ScrabbleChamp

Postby ScrabbleChamp » Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:56 pm

Barbie wrote:
ScrabbleChamp wrote:

I made this thread and have thus been stalking it from the very beginning, and I have to say the lettering is weird. I remember the auto-admits waited like a week for theirs. I got mine the day AFTER my status changed (and I live way south of Gville). I think sometimes the letters actually go out that day, sometimes before, and sometimes after just depending on when they get around to changing your status lol.

Well, I'm hoping that they at least sent it out by Friday since my status changed on Thursday, and if it was sent on Friday, I should definitely have it today. If it doesn't arrive today, it hasn't been sent, yet.

Barbie

Postby Barbie » Sat Mar 05, 2011 12:59 pm

ScrabbleChamp wrote:
Barbie wrote:I made this thread and have thus been stalking it from the very beginning, and I have to say the lettering is weird. I remember the auto-admits waited like a week for theirs. I got mine the day AFTER my status changed (and I live way south of Gville). I think sometimes the letters actually go out that day, sometimes before, and sometimes after just depending on when they get around to changing your status lol.

Well, I'm hoping that they at least sent it out by Friday since my status changed on Thursday, and if it was sent on Friday, I should definitely have it today. If it doesn't arrive today, it hasn't been sent, yet.

Deuce lives in gville and it took him like a week to get his pretty sure. But hopefully they sent them out at a decent time of the week :) good luck !

SixStrings11

Postby SixStrings11 » Sat Mar 05, 2011 2:24 pm

Well UF just gave me a little scare today. I got a small letter from them.. I thought it was a rejection letter and that they just forgot to change my status. It turned out to just be a letter asking for additional information to prove I'm a Florida resident.. :lol:

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”