U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
Neo
Posts: 183
Joined: Sat May 01, 2010 3:45 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby Neo » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:07 pm

I just wanted to stop for a second and admire the awesome water bottles they gave us at ASW. They are so shiny... :P

gator1
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:25 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby gator1 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:15 pm

KatieKat wrote:
Pandelion wrote:I see a bunch of people on here got "Letter Sent" on Monday, Feb 28th. Did anyone get that status on Tuesday, March 1st? I did and it kind of messes with the idea of Monday rejections and Friday acceptances.


FWIW, I got the "letter sent" status on a Monday (2/21) and I was accepted. Don't put too much weight on when your status changed. And good luck!


Katie you should read previous posts...we have been talking, specifically, about batches sent the 1st week of March.

User avatar
FeelTheHeat
Posts: 5203
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:32 am

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby FeelTheHeat » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:17 pm

Some poor people just got their hopes really high because of that post lol

bigben5289
Posts: 84
Joined: Fri May 07, 2010 1:51 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby bigben5289 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:24 pm

REJECTED.

My status changed on Monday to letter sent.

Its all good, I am going to be going to Illinois next year with $$$

Best of luck to everybody

gator1
Posts: 38
Joined: Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:25 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby gator1 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:34 pm

bigben5289 wrote:REJECTED.

My status changed on Monday to letter sent.

Its all good, I am going to be going to Illinois next year with $$$

Best of luck to everybody


would you mind sharing your numbers?

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby Barbie » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:37 pm

gator1 wrote:
bigben5289 wrote:REJECTED.

My status changed on Monday to letter sent.

Its all good, I am going to be going to Illinois next year with $$$

Best of luck to everybody


would you mind sharing your numbers?


I don't mean this in any negative way, but are you an URM? If so, this would support the theory that UF does, in fact, not give URMs a boost while most law schools do.

User avatar
FeelTheHeat
Posts: 5203
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:32 am

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby FeelTheHeat » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:42 pm

Barbie wrote:
gator1 wrote:
bigben5289 wrote:REJECTED.

My status changed on Monday to letter sent.

Its all good, I am going to be going to Illinois next year with $$$

Best of luck to everybody


would you mind sharing your numbers?


I don't mean this in any negative way, but are you an URM? If so, this would support the theory that UF does, in fact, not give URMs a boost while most law schools do.


Barbie, I admire the investigative work you've been doing relating to URMs and UF/FSU lol

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby Barbie » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:43 pm

FeelTheHeat wrote:
Barbie wrote:I don't mean this in any negative way, but are you an URM? If so, this would support the theory that UF does, in fact, not give URMs a boost while most law schools do.


Barbie, I admire the investigative work you've been doing relating to URMs and UF/FSU lol


A while back it was a pretty big discussion that never got a clear cut answer. It was said that UF and FSU say they do not give URMs a boost, but... just because they said it doesn't mean its true. Plus, I like to give people very realistic advice about their chances when they ask me. Knowing something like this will help me to pay it forward in the future!

User avatar
Rivers711
Posts: 17
Joined: Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:07 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby Rivers711 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:44 pm

bigben5289 wrote:REJECTED.

My status changed on Monday to letter sent.

Its all good, I am going to be going to Illinois next year with $$$

Best of luck to everybody


Grats on Illinois! that was my #1 choice. I've been waitlisted there. Not an easy school to get in to. UF's loss I guess... Best of luck to you!

bigben5289
Posts: 84
Joined: Fri May 07, 2010 1:51 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby bigben5289 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:46 pm

.

Dont want my numbers up,

PM if you want
Last edited by bigben5289 on Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
FortuneFavorsTheBold
Posts: 145
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:54 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby FortuneFavorsTheBold » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:50 pm

A hold at UM witht hose numbers? Woooow. The system is a joke

User avatar
FeelTheHeat
Posts: 5203
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:32 am

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby FeelTheHeat » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:52 pm

bigben5289 wrote:Numbers

160 3.86 semi URM, hispanic from Peru

I was told by many people that I was shoe in at UF. I am also on hold at UM which also makes no sense

GO ILLINI!!!!!!!!!!


Holy shit.

User avatar
leidice
Posts: 241
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:05 am

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby leidice » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:56 pm

bigben5289 wrote:Numbers

--removed for bigben's privacy :)--

I was told by many people that I was shoe in at UF. I am also on hold at UM which also makes no sense

GO ILLINI!!!!!!!!!!


Woah
Last edited by leidice on Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
FeelTheHeat
Posts: 5203
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:32 am

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby FeelTheHeat » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:57 pm

Barbie wrote:
FeelTheHeat wrote:
Barbie wrote:I don't mean this in any negative way, but are you an URM? If so, this would support the theory that UF does, in fact, not give URMs a boost while most law schools do.


Barbie, I admire the investigative work you've been doing relating to URMs and UF/FSU lol


A while back it was a pretty big discussion that never got a clear cut answer. It was said that UF and FSU say they do not give URMs a boost, but... just because they said it doesn't mean its true. Plus, I like to give people very realistic advice about their chances when they ask me. Knowing something like this will help me to pay it forward in the future!


Hundred percent agree with that, its why I went off in the FSU thread. I really don't like it when people give uninformed advice, and that includes myself.
Last edited by FeelTheHeat on Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
rman1201
Posts: 959
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby rman1201 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:58 pm

In all fairness, hispanic isn't much of a URM at UM

User avatar
FeelTheHeat
Posts: 5203
Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:32 am

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby FeelTheHeat » Wed Mar 02, 2011 4:59 pm

rman1201 wrote:In all fairness, hispanic isn't much of a URM at UM


Isn't he still above both 75% there? I mean...that's insane. There's gotta be more to that.

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby Barbie » Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:04 pm

FeelTheHeat wrote:
rman1201 wrote:In all fairness, hispanic isn't much of a URM at UM


Isn't he still above both 75% there? I mean...that's insane. There's gotta be more to that.


Yeah. There has to be something to it.
-Do you have any blemishes on your application packet (for ex., a legal issue?)
-Is there a chance one of your LORs was bad?
-Did you just get your new LSAT score in December or February, submit prior to receiving it, and maybe UM just hasn't updated?

bigben5289
Posts: 84
Joined: Fri May 07, 2010 1:51 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby bigben5289 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:25 pm

I took the LSAT twice, oct and dec.

No legal issues, lor are great (read all of them)

It's fine that I didn't get into UF or UM, I got into Illinois with money and I an happy about it.



Good luck to everybody

ns77770
Posts: 287
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:40 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby ns77770 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:30 pm

Anybody know anything about the Bartram apartments? They are on the expensive end, but are they worth it or are they just over priced?

bigben5289
Posts: 84
Joined: Fri May 07, 2010 1:51 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby bigben5289 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:43 pm

ns77770 wrote:Anybody know anything about the Bartram apartments? They are on the expensive end, but are they worth it or are they just over priced?


I go to UF now so I now a lot about apartments. The Bartram is super nice, my friend lives at the Bartram now and loves it but he thinks its over priced. Many grad students live there but most of the law students live in houses or apartments next to the law school which is cheaper but not as nice as the Bartram. If you live in the Bartram you will have to drive to the law school becuause the buses that go by the Bartram dont go by the law school.

PM me if you have any other questions

User avatar
LSATmakesMeNeurotic
Posts: 941
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:17 am

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby LSATmakesMeNeurotic » Wed Mar 02, 2011 5:46 pm

ns77770 wrote:Anybody know anything about the Bartram apartments? They are on the expensive end, but are they worth it or are they just over priced?


Read a few pages back. There are a few responses including my own, but I'm too lazy right now to go look it up.

EDIT: There are nice places in Gainesville that are MUCH cheaper than Bartram, so I would say they are most definitely not worth it

User avatar
Aro5389
Posts: 85
Joined: Sat Apr 11, 2009 2:35 am

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby Aro5389 » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:35 pm

Bahhhhh now I'm nervous after hearing those numbers... I can't say I'm really any better :/

User avatar
kwais
Posts: 1683
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 12:28 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby kwais » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:39 pm

Im sitting in Gainesville right now at my job and watching across the street as they build a giant Grad-only complex about 8 blocks from the school. It looks like its gonna be nice and they say done by August.

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby Barbie » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:41 pm

kwais wrote:Im sitting in Gainesville right now at my job and watching across the street as they build a giant Grad-only complex about 8 blocks from the school. It looks like its gonna be nice and they say done by August.


Is that the one they advertised in our packets at ASD? Because if so, it is REDICULOUSLY priced! I don't have it on me, but I remember I showed warflamingo and we were both like... wtf? I think a 2 bedroom there is almost the same price as the huge 4bedroom ranch with land & a garage I just deposited on. I'm thinking they will def have to lower the prices.

User avatar
leidice
Posts: 241
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:05 am

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby leidice » Wed Mar 02, 2011 9:43 pm

Barbie wrote:
kwais wrote:Im sitting in Gainesville right now at my job and watching across the street as they build a giant Grad-only complex about 8 blocks from the school. It looks like its gonna be nice and they say done by August.


Is that the one they advertised in our packets at ASD? Because if so, it is REDICULOUSLY priced! I don't have it on me, but I remember I showed warflamingo and we were both like... wtf? I think a 2 bedroom there is almost the same price as the huge 4bedroom ranch with land & a garage I just deposited on. I'm thinking they will def have to lower the prices.


Yeah.. I think even the 4 bedroom ones turned out to cost between 700-800 per person. Insane.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Kaziende, mm2368, pandaaa, potterotter and 14 guests