U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Mattfl88

Bronze

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Post by Mattfl88 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 3:34 pm

Did anyone happen to take any pictures of the school that they wouldn't mind posting?

FortuneFavorsTheBold

Bronze

Post by FortuneFavorsTheBold » Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:22 pm

Rivers711 wrote:For all of you guys that are still at no decision reached, I did some digging through last year's forum and found something interesting. Last year during the first week of march, two batches of letters, wait-list and acceptance, were mailed on separate days. By sharing their stats and the days that their letters were mailed, TLSers were able to figure out which batch was which before the letters even arrived. So hopefully, we'll all get some kind of relief soon...

nice work!!! Hopefully the same pattern follows

Moose Thompson

Bronze

Post by Moose Thompson » Sun Feb 27, 2011 6:25 pm

leidice wrote: WHAT?! No oneone?! :P haha.

I have no idea right now. I know if I choose to stay in state, it'd pretty much have to be UF, as it would make the most sense to have the two best FL schools' networks to use...

I really wasn't impressed by their ASD at all though. It seemed like they knew they were #1 in the state and didn't really put much effort into trying to sell the place, because they knew people would go there anyway. And it bothered me they wouldn't allow us to ask the career lady questions in the session! like they were trying to avoid having to answer the 'difficult' ones in front of the crowd of people they want to impress. Like, we all get how large and awesome the "gator nation" is... but tell me what the office actually does for students. Idk. I don't DISlike the school, but I was hoping to be more impressed/excited after leaving the event and it just didn't happen. After this weekend, I decided I will most likely choose another school out of state.
I'm not surprised at all they wouldn't let you ask career services hard questions, since they don't have any answers. The bright side is Dean Inman is actively working to improve the CCD, so incoming 1Ls should feel the benefits of that.

UF is a great law school, I don't think any of you will regret coming here. I know I don't!

Pandelion

New

Post by Pandelion » Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:09 pm

So, I'm pretty late to the TLS game :oops: , but I'm starting to get all panicky about getting the "File reviewed, no decision reached" bit (2/21/11). I'm 3.75 and 163, does anyone have any context for me based on their own scores and admissions?

Barbie

Gold

Post by Barbie » Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:39 pm

Pandelion wrote:So, I'm pretty late to the TLS game :oops: , but I'm starting to get all panicky about getting the "File reviewed, no decision reached" bit (2/21/11). I'm 3.75 and 163, does anyone have any context for me based on their own scores and admissions?
You applied late but your numbers are solid for UF. I'm thinking in.
Last edited by Barbie on Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

kwais

Gold

Post by kwais » Sun Feb 27, 2011 7:43 pm

Pandelion wrote:So, I'm pretty late to the TLS game :oops: , but I'm starting to get all panicky about getting the "File reviewed, no decision reached" bit (2/21/11). I'm 3.75 and 163, does anyone have any context for me based on their own scores and admissions?
I'm withdrawing this week and I'm sure I'm not the only one. They just have to get an idea of yield and then there should be more action for people like you. Late, but the right stats. good luck

leidice

Bronze

Post by leidice » Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:32 pm

Barbie wrote:
You applied late but you're numbers are solid for UF. I'm thinking in.
:shock:

Barbie

Gold

Post by Barbie » Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:41 pm

leidice wrote:
Barbie wrote:
shhh. nursing an awful hangover from a weekend of binge drinking and 8 hours of sleep from the 2 nights combined. :-P

leidice

Bronze

Post by leidice » Sun Feb 27, 2011 8:47 pm

Barbie wrote:
leidice wrote:
Barbie wrote:
shhh. nursing an awful hangover from a weekend of binge drinking and 8 hours of sleep from the 2 nights combined. :-P
haha, ok then :P

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

charlesxavier

Bronze

Post by charlesxavier » Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:01 pm

Barbie wrote:
leidice wrote:
Barbie wrote:
It's okay. Besides, to most law schools you're numbers.

Bulls

New

Post by Bulls » Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:35 pm

leidice wrote:
Barbie wrote:
leidice wrote:
Barbie wrote: PS how come I didn't meet you nor Neo at ASD! If we're going to the same lawschool we should be friends ;)

Neo- about 2 miles. I'll surely be throwing a welcoming BBQ so maybe you will see it :) But, I don't particularly appreciate the way in which you imply I'm, what, lying? ........................
She's definitely not lying. I got a taste of the place last night :) It's gonna be a sweet home!!
haha its a different one actually. A bit farther from the LS, but wayyyy bigger inside and the yard is more than triple the size of that one!

...so are you still a Nole? heh
WHAT?! No oneone?! :P haha.

I have no idea right now. I know if I choose to stay in state, it'd pretty much have to be UF, as it would make the most sense to have the two best FL schools' networks to use...

I really wasn't impressed by their ASD at all though. It seemed like they knew they were #1 in the state and didn't really put much effort into trying to sell the place, because they knew people would go there anyway. And it bothered me they wouldn't allow us to ask the career lady questions in the session! like they were trying to avoid having to answer the 'difficult' ones in front of the crowd of people they want to impress. Like, we all get how large and awesome the "gator nation" is... but tell me what the office actually does for students. Idk. I don't DISlike the school, but I was hoping to be more impressed/excited after leaving the event and it just didn't happen. After this weekend, I decided I will most likely choose another school out of state.
+1. I'm pretty close to deciding on Wake. The prof panel kind of did it for me, when talking about section size the woman said that she tries to learn everyone's name... not very impressive.

thewarflamingo

Silver

Post by thewarflamingo » Sun Feb 27, 2011 9:53 pm

Yeah, I wasn't too impressed with ASD because I don't think I really learned anything I didn't already know and the tour was WAY too short so I barely got to see anything! We didn't even go in the library, WTF???? I'm going back tomorrow to look around the school some more. It really sucked that we couldn't ask the career services lady questions and that the financial aid lady wasn't there. HOWEVER, I really enjoyed hanging out with my future classmates which was the most important part to me. I'm happy to report that there were minimal douches at ASD. Seriously, I had the greatest time this weekend and I'm so sad that I have to leave tomorrow. I'm going to Colorado's ASD next weekend because they gave me a stipend so free vacation FTW, but I'm confident that it'll be nowhere near as awesome as this weekend was. I lovvvvve all the UF TLSers <3

So yeah...I will absolutely be at UF in the fall unless by some miracle I get off of UT's waitlist. Now I just need to marry a Floridian for some in-state tuition! :lol:

leidice

Bronze

Post by leidice » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:05 pm

thewarflamingo wrote:Yeah, I wasn't too impressed with ASD because I don't think I really learned anything I didn't already know and the tour was WAY too short so I barely got to see anything! We didn't even go in the library, WTF???? I'm going back tomorrow to look around the school some more. It really sucked that we couldn't ask the career services lady questions and that the financial aid lady wasn't there. HOWEVER, I really enjoyed hanging out with my future classmates which was the most important part to me. I'm happy to report that there were minimal douches at ASD. Seriously, I had the greatest time this weekend and I'm so sad that I have to leave tomorrow. I'm going to Colorado's ASD next weekend because they gave me a stipend so free vacation FTW, but I'm confident that it'll be nowhere near as awesome as this weekend was. I lovvvvve all the UF TLSers <3

So yeah...I will absolutely be at UF in the fall unless by some miracle I get off of UT's waitlist. Now I just need to marry a Floridian for some in-state tuition! :lol:
I'm currently an undecided TLS'er, but I know I loooveeeee you too!!! Definitely enjoyed my time with all of y'all this weekend :)

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Barbie

Gold

Post by Barbie » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:11 pm

thewarflamingo wrote:Yeah, I wasn't too impressed with ASD because I don't think I really learned anything I didn't already know and the tour was WAY too short so I barely got to see anything! We didn't even go in the library, WTF???? I'm going back tomorrow to look around the school some more. It really sucked that we couldn't ask the career services lady questions and that the financial aid lady wasn't there. HOWEVER, I really enjoyed hanging out with my future classmates which was the most important part to me. I'm happy to report that there were minimal douches at ASD. Seriously, I had the greatest time this weekend and I'm so sad that I have to leave tomorrow. I'm going to Colorado's ASD next weekend because they gave me a stipend so free vacation FTW, but I'm confident that it'll be nowhere near as awesome as this weekend was. I lovvvvve all the UF TLSers <3

I'm going back to campus tomorrow too! I want to see where the law review office is. Going to drop off a check for my seat deposit too ;)

ns77770

Bronze

Post by ns77770 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:15 pm

I really enjoyed meeting everybody too! I ran into very few douches... Def excited to attend in the Fall!

Edit: Although I wish I was able to meet some of you lol

thewarflamingo

Silver

Post by thewarflamingo » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:21 pm

ns77770 wrote:

I really enjoyed meeting everybody too! I ran into very few douches... Def excited to attend in the Fall!

Yeah I was just wondering if I ended up meeting you, but I don't think I did. Were you at the brunch? If so, which table were you at? A decent portion of us were at the 3rd table in the row closest to the food and stuff.

ns77770

Bronze

Post by ns77770 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:26 pm

thewarflamingo wrote:
ns77770 wrote:

Yeah I was just wondering if I ended up meeting you, but I don't think I did. Were you at the brunch? If so, which table were you at? A decent portion of us were at the 3rd table in the row closest to the food and stuff.
Yeah I was at the brunch, I was at the 2nd to last table from the food... I probably ran into some of you, but just didn't know you were TLSers!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Barbie

Gold

Post by Barbie » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:27 pm

ns77770 wrote:
thewarflamingo wrote:
ns77770 wrote: I really enjoyed meeting everybody too! I ran into very few douches... Def excited to attend in the Fall!

Yeah I was at the brunch, I was at the 2nd to last table from the food... I probably ran into some of you, but just didn't know you were TLSers!
!! I'm kind of sure that was my table! I only sat for a few minutes because I was late, though.

thewarflamingo

Silver

Post by thewarflamingo » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:30 pm

ns77770 wrote:
thewarflamingo wrote:
ns77770 wrote:

Oh ok, well damn, I wish we could have rounded up you TLS stragglers to join us out at Salty Dog on Friday night. We'll try not to exclude you from our group in the fall. :wink:

Gold

Post by 98234872348 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:31 pm

Barbie wrote:I'm going back to campus tomorrow too! I want to see where the law review office is. Going to drop off a check for my seat deposit too ;)
I'll be suffering in the LRO all day tomorrow to make up for my lazy weekend...

Barbie

Gold

Post by Barbie » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:32 pm

mistergoft wrote:
Barbie wrote:I'm going back to campus tomorrow too! I want to see where the law review office is. Going to drop off a check for my seat deposit too ;)
Orly ? :mrgreen:

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Gold

Post by 98234872348 » Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:35 pm

Barbie wrote:
mistergoft wrote:
Orly ? :mrgreen:
Well, I do have classes. But I am probably putting in 10 hours of work tomorrow, I have a ton of stuff to do that I put off this weekend in favor of playing video games.

novab

New

Post by novab » Sun Feb 27, 2011 11:35 pm

UF has done nothing to try and get me to come to their school. If you were to ask me 3 months ago I would have told you I was 99% sure I would be going to UF. I was accepted the beginning of Feb, received a scholarship offer (6k per year - I am already instate) a week later. I havent received any calls or e-mails from current students or alumni. Some of the other schools I have gotten into are "better" (rankings wise) than UF and have given me substantially more money.

I requested an increase from UF and they said that they will look into and let me know by the end of the month. W&M (which already gave me a better deal) got back to me after one week and increased my scholarship by 50%. I will be attending there. They have had more than one person contact me to ask questions. I was able to talk to the career services dean when I visited a litte over a week ago, met with the admissions dean who was great. And lets just say that Williamsburg is a lot less trashy than Gainesville.

Overall - UF just has put a bad taste in my mouth. Are they the best in the state? Yes - but they can at least put some effort in. I have a 167/3.75 and 3 years of WE - I know I'm a strong candidate that would have assisted with raising their numbers, but UF simply doesnt care. I think that will translate into the education received too.

Withdrawing tomorrow - hope that one of you guys that want the spot will get it!

SixStrings11

Bronze

Post by SixStrings11 » Mon Feb 28, 2011 12:17 am

novab wrote:UF has done nothing to try and get me to come to their school. If you were to ask me 3 months ago I would have told you I was 99% sure I would be going to UF. I was accepted the beginning of Feb, received a scholarship offer (6k per year - I am already instate) a week later. I havent received any calls or e-mails from current students or alumni. Some of the other schools I have gotten into are "better" (rankings wise) than UF and have given me substantially more money.

I requested an increase from UF and they said that they will look into and let me know by the end of the month. W&M (which already gave me a better deal) got back to me after one week and increased my scholarship by 50%. I will be attending there. They have had more than one person contact me to ask questions. I was able to talk to the career services dean when I visited a litte over a week ago, met with the admissions dean who was great. And lets just say that Williamsburg is a lot less trashy than Gainesville.

Overall - UF just has put a bad taste in my mouth. Are they the best in the state? Yes - but they can at least put some effort in. I have a 167/3.75 and 3 years of WE - I know I'm a strong candidate that would have assisted with raising their numbers, but UF simply doesnt care. I think that will translate into the education received too.

Withdrawing tomorrow - hope that one of you guys that want the spot will get it!
Best of luck at W&M. Those of us on the "no decision reached" list appreciate your withdrawal.. although I'm sorry you got turned off from Florida.

Skyhook

Bronze

Post by Skyhook » Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:33 am

novab wrote:UF has done nothing to try and get me to come to their school. If you were to ask me 3 months ago I would have told you I was 99% sure I would be going to UF. I was accepted the beginning of Feb, received a scholarship offer (6k per year - I am already instate) a week later. I havent received any calls or e-mails from current students or alumni. Some of the other schools I have gotten into are "better" (rankings wise) than UF and have given me substantially more money.

Wow. Quite the opposite experience for me. I was blasted by alums and students - I think 4 in total contacted me in a very short space of time.

And not a peep from W&M. I have a similar LSAT/foreign GPA, and there has been stony silence from Williamsburg. Which is a real shame, because I would have definitely considered them and flown up for a visit if accepted.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”