U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Classygal87
Posts: 80
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:00 am

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby Classygal87 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:00 pm

rman1201 wrote:
Classygal87 wrote:
rman1201 wrote:
Classygal87 wrote:Does anyone know for sure what tuition at Gainsville will be next year?
I was recently accepted in this last batch and was wondering. I couldn't find it on the website but I definitely could be missing it. Also I am trying to make arrangements to attend admitted students day next week! Definitely excited about meeting ya'all


$16k


16K exactly? Thanks for the quick response!


The exact figures are on the prospectus on the site, everything on the actual webpage (aside from prospectus) are pretty outdated.
The 16k is in-state though, I don't remember OOS


Great thank you! I am in state so I love the tuition lol

User avatar
98234872348
Posts: 1547
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:25 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby 98234872348 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:13 pm

Classygal87 wrote:
rman1201 wrote:
Classygal87 wrote:Does anyone know for sure what tuition at Gainsville will be next year?
I was recently accepted in this last batch and was wondering. I couldn't find it on the website but I definitely could be missing it. Also I am trying to make arrangements to attend admitted students day next week! Definitely excited about meeting ya'all


$16k


16K exactly? Thanks for the quick response!

It was 16K this year, there is a substantial likelihood it will be in the neighborhood of 18k next year.

Classygal87
Posts: 80
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:00 am

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby Classygal87 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:14 pm

Is there a thread out there where any current UF law students are taking questions?
I searched but did not see any right away. It would be great to talk to some current student that are on top law school.

gotcha
Posts: 94
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:49 am

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby gotcha » Fri Feb 18, 2011 2:15 pm

Classygal87 wrote:Is there a thread out there where any current UF law students are taking questions?
I searched but did not see any right away. It would be great to talk to some current student that are on top law school.


If you can't find any, I know people in all three years right now and might be able to get some answers for you.

thewarflamingo
Posts: 939
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:27 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby thewarflamingo » Fri Feb 18, 2011 3:30 pm

Just got a nice personalized email from an out of state student at UF.

Classygal87
Posts: 80
Joined: Thu Jul 08, 2010 11:00 am

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby Classygal87 » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:55 pm

Anyone know anything about The Bartram apartments? Are they nice and how far from the law school? I am trying to put together a list of a few nice potential places to live to check out at some point. If anyone has some suggestions it would be appreciated. I have been to gainsville many times and have been really uninpressed with the housing.

User avatar
DrackedaryMaster
Posts: 181
Joined: Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:11 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby DrackedaryMaster » Fri Feb 18, 2011 5:57 pm

gatorlizzy28 wrote:
ns77770 wrote:
gatorlizzy28 wrote:
ns77770 wrote:Hey everybody haven't been on this thread in like 3 months but I'm in!!! I didn't read through the thread, but if there is a secret TLS handshake we are doing at the ASD to identify each other I would appreciate it if somebody filled me in!!! Also, I am driving from the Winter Park/ Orlando Area if somebody wants to car pool as I am poor and would love to split gas money.


I can't car pool since I live in Gville, but the handshake idea made me laugh hysterically. As hilarious as it is, I think it's a great idea!! Anyone have any ideas?? :lol:


Maybe something like this?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUPtjQn81Ig


That is MUCH too complicated for me, besides, it's not very "secret" if it's on youtube! It has to only be on TLS! :lol:


How about reciting the T14 in order. Seems like only a TLS poster would know them by heart.

User avatar
LSATmakesMeNeurotic
Posts: 941
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:17 am

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby LSATmakesMeNeurotic » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:47 pm

Classygal87 wrote:Anyone know anything about The Bartram apartments? Are they nice and how far from the law school? I am trying to put together a list of a few nice potential places to live to check out at some point. If anyone has some suggestions it would be appreciated. I have been to gainsville many times and have been really uninpressed with the housing.


The Bartram is nice from what I've heard, but VERY expensive. They're across the university on Archer road so they're about five minutes drive from the law school. I have a friend that lives in Camelot, which looks like a dump from outside but inside is pretty decent. They're on 34th and 2nd, and about a ten minute walk to the law school. There are a lot of apartment complexes all along 34th that don't seem too expensive. You could also live around where I live, which is 34th and Williston. It takes me 5-10 minutes to get to the park and ride lot, and 15 on a day with heavy traffic. Nothing is really that far from the campus, but I would suggest something on 34th over something on 13th, since the law school is closer to 34th.

User avatar
Deuce
Posts: 1048
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:12 am

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby Deuce » Fri Feb 18, 2011 6:55 pm

Classygal87 wrote:Anyone know anything about The Bartram apartments? Are they nice and how far from the law school? I am trying to put together a list of a few nice potential places to live to check out at some point. If anyone has some suggestions it would be appreciated. I have been to gainsville many times and have been really uninpressed with the housing.


If I end up going to law school here, I'll definitely be grabbing a house and looking for roomates along the law school area (between 34th and 21st off of University are perfect law school living areas.) Honestly, apartments here are overpriced, not half as nice as they make themselves sound, and the only cheap ones will absolutely be filled with 24/7 partying undergrads to go with the very, very thin walls. Most of my friends in the law school now live in the houses nearby and walk 5 minutes or less to the school, and their rent is ~$400. I'd recommend a house over apartment in Gainesville for sure.

gatorlaw2011
Posts: 94
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2011 2:09 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby gatorlaw2011 » Sat Feb 19, 2011 1:29 am

.
Last edited by gatorlaw2011 on Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KCBUFF
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:05 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby KCBUFF » Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:19 pm

Hey guys I sent in my application 2-18-11 suuuper late lol, but Public in Florida wasn't an option until now because my parents are moving there so in state tuition. I have a 167 and 3.08, so if I applied early i should of been accepted will applying this late seriously hurt me and does anyone know how long it took to be emailed the supplemental work.

gotcha
Posts: 94
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:49 am

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby gotcha » Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:45 pm

KCBUFF wrote:Hey guys I sent in my application 2-18-11 suuuper late lol, but Public in Florida wasn't an option until now because my parents are moving there so in state tuition. I have a 167 and 3.08, so if I applied early i should of been accepted will applying this late seriously hurt me and does anyone know how long it took to be emailed the supplemental work.


Supplemental items took about a week for me to get. Since UF's 75 was a 164 last year, I don't think I'd sweat it.

User avatar
LSATmakesMeNeurotic
Posts: 941
Joined: Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:17 am

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby LSATmakesMeNeurotic » Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:46 pm

KCBUFF wrote:Hey guys I sent in my application 2-18-11 suuuper late lol, but Public in Florida wasn't an option until now because my parents are moving there so in state tuition. I have a 167 and 3.08, so if I applied early i should of have been accepted will applying this late seriously hurt me and does anyone know how long it took to be emailed the supplemental work.


FTFY :)

To be honest, this late in the game, it is a toss up. I know people who have gotten the WL with your numbers. If you know you would choose UF over any other school, you might want to send in some supplemental info attesting to that. Also, I think it only took about a week for them to send the supplemental stuff, but I believe some people on this thread were accepted without sending in that info first (correct me if I'm wrong people!)

User avatar
leidice
Posts: 241
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:05 am

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby leidice » Sat Feb 19, 2011 9:59 pm

LSATmakesMeNeurotic wrote:
KCBUFF wrote:Hey guys I sent in my application 2-18-11 suuuper late lol, but Public in Florida wasn't an option until now because my parents are moving there so in state tuition. I have a 167 and 3.08, so if I applied early i should of have been accepted will applying this late seriously hurt me and does anyone know how long it took to be emailed the supplemental work.


FTFY :)

To be honest, this late in the game, it is a toss up. I know people who have gotten the WL with your numbers. If you know you would choose UF over any other school, you might want to send in some supplemental info attesting to that. Also, I think it only took about a week for them to send the supplemental stuff, but I believe some people on this thread were accepted without sending in that info first (correct me if I'm wrong people!)


Yep. I was accepted before submitting the app fee or any supplemental info. However I was above both medians.

ns77770
Posts: 287
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:40 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby ns77770 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:26 am

Hey everybody, does anybody know where I can find the lastest UF employment stats? (Basically I am asking how brutal is it for UF students in this economy, and I would really appreciate some input!)

InvictusFortis
Posts: 199
Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:38 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby InvictusFortis » Mon Feb 21, 2011 11:58 am

ns77770 wrote:Hey everybody, does anybody know where I can find the lastest UF employment stats? (Basically I am asking how brutal is it for UF students in this economy, and I would really appreciate some input!)


The 2010 data was lost in a terrible file room fire, sorry chap.

SunDevil07
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2011 5:05 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby SunDevil07 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:56 pm

Status tracker updated with: Reviewed, no decision reached this morning.

Applied 2/1

User avatar
FortuneFavorsTheBold
Posts: 145
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:54 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby FortuneFavorsTheBold » Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:22 pm

been stuck at that status since 1/28 :-(

ns77770
Posts: 287
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:40 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby ns77770 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:30 pm

InvictusFortis wrote:
ns77770 wrote:Hey everybody, does anybody know where I can find the lastest UF employment stats? (Basically I am asking how brutal is it for UF students in this economy, and I would really appreciate some input!)


The 2010 data was lost in a terrible file room fire, sorry chap.


Man you're funny. I especially liked the part about the file room fire.

toulon99
Posts: 23
Joined: Tue Jun 30, 2009 6:34 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby toulon99 » Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:17 pm

I don't know the stats, but I know 3 graduating students and they are still looking.

InvictusFortis
Posts: 199
Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:38 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby InvictusFortis » Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:49 pm

ns77770 wrote:
InvictusFortis wrote:
ns77770 wrote:Hey everybody, does anybody know where I can find the lastest UF employment stats? (Basically I am asking how brutal is it for UF students in this economy, and I would really appreciate some input!)


The 2010 data was lost in a terrible file room fire, sorry chap.


Man you're funny. I especially liked the part about the file room fire.


Sorry, I have this tendency to mock horrible questions. I tend to ask questions without doing much research on my own as well. (This sarcastic thing is pretty fun)

User avatar
Ragnar
Posts: 29
Joined: Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:42 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby Ragnar » Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:29 pm

gotcha wrote:
Classygal87 wrote:Is there a thread out there where any current UF law students are taking questions?
I searched but did not see any right away. It would be great to talk to some current student that are on top law school.


If you can't find any, I know people in all three years right now and might be able to get some answers for you.


viewtopic.php?f=4&t=93997

gotcha
Posts: 94
Joined: Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:49 am

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby gotcha » Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:58 pm

Ragnar wrote:
gotcha wrote:
Classygal87 wrote:Is there a thread out there where any current UF law students are taking questions?
I searched but did not see any right away. It would be great to talk to some current student that are on top law school.


If you can't find any, I know people in all three years right now and might be able to get some answers for you.


viewtopic.php?f=4&t=93997


Well, there you are.

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby Barbie » Tue Feb 22, 2011 5:50 pm

Everyone ready for Friday? I've been extremely sick so it looks like I'll just be there Friday, since I only live an hour and a half away. I'll be going out to an early dinner afterward just as a reason to get Bento because I'm obsessed and can grab a beer or two for happy hour but thats it. Deuce happy hour, right? :)

ns77770
Posts: 287
Joined: Sun Aug 29, 2010 7:40 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby ns77770 » Tue Feb 22, 2011 6:40 pm

Hey guys speaking of Friday, what does business casual mean for dudes in Florida? I know what it means up north, but in FLorida does it pretty much a polo and dress pants?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Google Adsense [Bot], oliviaj_j, rapmasterg and 5 guests