U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
thewarflamingo
Posts: 939
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:27 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby thewarflamingo » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:38 pm

InvictusFortis wrote:Thanks, I'll try and leave Naples by 1 or 2.

For those of us that will be there, we should go out Thursday night. I really want to get a feel for the area in general. Plus, it's my excuse to get off from work and have fun.

I'm down for going out Thursday night...and Friday and Saturday, too. :D

thewarflamingo
Posts: 939
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:27 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby thewarflamingo » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:43 pm

We need a facebook group, does anyone want to start one?

User avatar
kwais
Posts: 1683
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 12:28 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby kwais » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:44 pm

Barbie wrote:
kwais wrote:
InvictusFortis wrote:
Skyhook wrote:Barbie and I definitely agree: best advice, get past Fletcher before 5 or wait until after 630 to hit the area.


How long is the trip once I get to Tampa?


1 1/2 - 2 hours


Typically takes me 1 hour. Nu nu nu nu nu nu nu nu nu nu nu nu nu :D


nice! watch for staties

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby Barbie » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:50 pm

thewarflamingo wrote:We need a facebook group, does anyone want to start one?


do it

User avatar
kwais
Posts: 1683
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 12:28 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby kwais » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:58 pm

As a local I recommend that anyone who goes out one night in Midtown also gives Downtown a try. Less undergrads, less beer cafeteria, more chill. Especially Stubbies. Best beer selection in Gville. That said you have to do Midtown too. Preferably Swamp and Salty Dog over Balls and Grog

User avatar
98234872348
Posts: 1547
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:25 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby 98234872348 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:59 pm

kwais wrote:As a local I recommend that anyone who goes out one night in Midtown also gives Downtown a try. Less undergrads, less beer cafeteria, more chill. Especially Stubbies. Best beer selection in Gville. That said you have to do Midtown too. Preferably Swamp and Salty Dog over Balls and Grog

I went to stubbies for the first time last weekend, definitely recommend.

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby Barbie » Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:07 pm

kwais wrote:As a local I recommend that anyone who goes out one night in Midtown also gives Downtown a try. Less undergrads, less beer cafeteria, more chill. Especially Stubbies. Best beer selection in Gville. That said you have to do Midtown too. Preferably Swamp and Salty Dog over Balls and Grog


I've only had 1 downtown experience but it was pretty bad. First bar was a nice place with live music but there were these HUUUUGE fat old ladies dancing in skin tight shirts and cut off shorts and humping each other and... yeah so the next place we went was some disgusting country bar (and I LOVE country bars) and I almost threw up from all the sweat, and the next place we went was the top floor of some bar that was super ghetto and some gangster guy spilt a drink on me then stared me down and then the next bar we went to which was right by our car was okay.. 11$ to get in but I thiiink had some sort of free drink. It was caled 311 or something like that. It was mediocre at best.

Anyways, midtown is super crowded so I've never had fun going out in gville. Lets change this?

thewarflamingo
Posts: 939
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:27 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby thewarflamingo » Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:12 pm

Edit: you're right.
Last edited by thewarflamingo on Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
98234872348
Posts: 1547
Joined: Mon Dec 22, 2008 3:25 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby 98234872348 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:13 pm

thewarflamingo wrote:
Barbie wrote:
thewarflamingo wrote:We need a facebook group, does anyone want to start one?


do it

ok here it is! Join so I'm not the only person lol

Might want to PM this to people.

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby Barbie » Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:15 pm

It didnt work for me :(

thewarflamingo
Posts: 939
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:27 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby thewarflamingo » Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:16 pm

ok PM me if you want the link to the facebook group or just search facebook for it :D

Should I make it a closed group or keep it public where anyone can see the content?

thewarflamingo
Posts: 939
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:27 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby thewarflamingo » Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:16 pm

by the way, the new facebook group format SUCKS.

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby Barbie » Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:16 pm

thewarflamingo wrote:ok PM me if you want the link to the facebook group or just search facebook for it :D

Should I make it a closed group or keep it public where anyone can see the content?


PM me what its caled and ill search for it! and you have to make it searchable if you want us to find it hah

thewarflamingo
Posts: 939
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:27 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby thewarflamingo » Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:19 pm

Barbie wrote:
thewarflamingo wrote:ok PM me if you want the link to the facebook group or just search facebook for it :D

Should I make it a closed group or keep it public where anyone can see the content?


PM me what its caled and ill search for it! and you have to make it searchable if you want us to find it hah

I think it is searchable, but let me know if you can't find it.

I'm really bad at this facebook group stuff :oops:

thewarflamingo
Posts: 939
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:27 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby thewarflamingo » Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:29 pm

ok the group is up and running with two members strong!! Just search UF Law Class of 2014 on facebook to find it and join!

Does anyone know how to make the group where I won't have to approve people to join, so they can just add themselves without waiting for admin approval?

User avatar
hurricane10
Posts: 197
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:46 am

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby hurricane10 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:47 pm

so are you two definitely going? i want to join but the facebook group makes it sound so official lol

thewarflamingo
Posts: 939
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:27 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby thewarflamingo » Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:50 pm

hurricane10 wrote:so are you two definitely going? i want to join but the facebook group makes it sound so official lol

No I'm not 100% sure yet. Just join, you can quit the group if you decide on a different school. :D Should I change the name to "admitted students" then and someone can make a class of 2014 group later?

User avatar
hurricane10
Posts: 197
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:46 am

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby hurricane10 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:55 pm

annnd I joined lol

thewarflamingo
Posts: 939
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:27 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby thewarflamingo » Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:58 pm

hurricane10 wrote:annnd I joined lol

I approve. :D

InvictusFortis
Posts: 199
Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:38 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby InvictusFortis » Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:33 pm

Barbie wrote:
kwais wrote:
InvictusFortis wrote:
Skyhook wrote:Barbie and I definitely agree: best advice, get past Fletcher before 5 or wait until after 630 to hit the area.


How long is the trip once I get to Tampa?


1 1/2 - 2 hours


Typically takes me 1 hour. Nu nu nu nu nu nu nu nu nu nu nu nu nu :D


May I follow you to gvill, miss Schumacher?

User avatar
leidice
Posts: 241
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:05 am

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby leidice » Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:42 pm

thewarflamingo wrote:
hurricane10 wrote:so are you two definitely going? i want to join but the facebook group makes it sound so official lol

No I'm not 100% sure yet. Just join, you can quit the group if you decide on a different school. :D Should I change the name to "admitted students" then and someone can make a class of 2014 group later?


Yes please! :) If I join it now, I will get 100s of messages from friends going "you decided already!?" haha. :D

thewarflamingo
Posts: 939
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:27 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby thewarflamingo » Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:47 pm

leidice wrote:
thewarflamingo wrote:
hurricane10 wrote:so are you two definitely going? i want to join but the facebook group makes it sound so official lol

No I'm not 100% sure yet. Just join, you can quit the group if you decide on a different school. :D Should I change the name to "admitted students" then and someone can make a class of 2014 group later?


Yes please! :) If I join it now, I will get 100s of messages from friends going "you decided already!?" haha. :D

okie dokie, I changed it to UF Law Class of 2014 Admitted Students, I'll change it back to just Class of 2014 in April after deposits.

User avatar
leidice
Posts: 241
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:05 am

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby leidice » Sat Feb 12, 2011 3:49 pm

thewarflamingo wrote:okie dokie, I changed it to UF Law Class of 2014 Admitted Students, I'll change it back to just Class of 2014 in April after deposits.


YAY! Just requested to join :)

InvictusFortis
Posts: 199
Joined: Sun Jan 16, 2011 4:38 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby InvictusFortis » Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:06 pm

There are six of us!!

A formidable six at that...especially the one staring down lane with a heater.

User avatar
Barbie
Posts: 3746
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:51 pm

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Postby Barbie » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:10 pm

I wish I knew who was who! not fair that I'm so obvious hah




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”