U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
Deuce

Silver

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Post by Deuce » Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:23 pm

gatorlizzy28 wrote:
Deuce wrote:
gatorlizzy28 wrote: Well, Hey Deuce! I'm GatorLizzy, can't wait for ASD happy hour! Do you reside in Gville?
Yep... I don't think I'll be doing the ASD since I'm almost sure I'll be attending elsewhere, but I will definitely be at the happy hour :)
I might be going elsewhere as well, but still want to check it out. Where are you thinking for happy hour? I'm thinking Salty Dog in like an hour actually lol. :lol:
Was thinking the exact same and maybe Balls 6-8... love Fridays

Deuce

Silver

Post by Deuce » Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:25 pm

mistergoft wrote:
Deuce wrote: :lol: :lol: Sounds good to me, especially with the 2 pitchers you owe me :) speaking of happy hour.... it's only 1 hour awaaayyy
Law review is throwing a happy hour because we finished our notes. Free beer + substantially less responsibility = win.
Midtown? Might have to mooch of some of my friends in LS and sneak in to this

Barbie

Gold

Post by Barbie » Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:38 pm

mistergoft wrote:
Deuce wrote: :lol: :lol: Sounds good to me, especially with the 2 pitchers you owe me :) speaking of happy hour.... it's only 1 hour awaaayyy
Law review is throwing a happy hour because we finished our notes. Free beer + substantially less responsibility = win.
You old people gonna come to happy hour with us ASD attendees?

Gold

Post by 98234872348 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:45 pm

Deuce wrote:
mistergoft wrote:
Midtown? Might have to mooch of some of my friends in LS and sneak in to this
Swamp.

Gold

Post by 98234872348 » Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:46 pm

Barbie wrote:
mistergoft wrote:
You old people gonna come to happy hour with us ASD attendees?
I will, I can't vouch for the other olds...

I'm only 24...

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

drummerboy

Silver

Post by drummerboy » Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:49 pm

off topic. just checked the status checker for first time. stated: File Reviewed. NoDecision Rendered. Jan 07 2011. Is this a unofficial Hold? Anyone have any ideas?

Barbie

Gold

Post by Barbie » Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:50 pm

drummerboy wrote:off topic. just checked the status checker for first time. stated: File Reviewed. NoDecision Rendered. Jan 07 2011. Is this a unofficial Hold? Anyone have any ideas?
dude, this answer is on almost EVERY PAGE of this thread.

mistergoft- im excited for you to join us then :D

Skyhook

Bronze

Post by Skyhook » Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:52 pm

Was there somewhere that TLSers had settled on for a post ASD meet-up?
I have practically no idea about anything/anywhere in Gainesville so it'd be nice to get the lowdown from current residents.

drummerboy

Silver

Post by drummerboy » Fri Feb 11, 2011 5:55 pm

let me look then.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

thewarflamingo

Silver

Post by thewarflamingo » Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:23 pm

Got $18K today from UF! So pumped! Now I wish I wouldn't have canceled my trip for the February ASD because flights are outrageous now :cry:

thewarflamingo

Silver

Post by thewarflamingo » Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:57 pm

ahh hell, screw it! I'm coming to the February ASD! I'm going to book my flight tonight, but I'll probably have to fly into Tampa or Jax because flights into Gainesville are crazy now! Super excited :D

Barbie

Gold

Post by Barbie » Fri Feb 11, 2011 6:59 pm

thewarflamingo wrote:ahh hell, screw it! I'm coming to the February ASD! I'm going to book my flight tonight, but I'll probably have to fly into Tampa or Jax because flights into Gainesville are crazy now! Super excited :D

yayyyyy <3
I'll be driving up there from Tampa the night before and leaving Sat if you want to hitch a ride!

thewarflamingo

Silver

Post by thewarflamingo » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:01 pm

Barbie wrote:
thewarflamingo wrote:ahh hell, screw it! I'm coming to the February ASD! I'm going to book my flight tonight, but I'll probably have to fly into Tampa or Jax because flights into Gainesville are crazy now! Super excited :D

yayyyyy <3
I'll be driving up there from Tampa the night before and leaving Sat if you want to hitch a ride!
Aww thanks for the offer, but my Aunt lives in Gville so she's just going to pick me up from wherever I fly into. I'm excited to meet all of you though! I'll be there that Thursday through Monday.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Light

Bronze

Post by Light » Fri Feb 11, 2011 7:40 pm

InvictusFortis wrote:Does anyone have/know the tentative schedule for ASW, aside from the fact that its 11-6 on Friday?

And for those of you touting t14 over UF, wouldn't you be worried by incurring over 150k in student loans?

As someone else said, the income potential you get from attending a T14 would probably outweigh the low tuition at UF. Moreover, the potential to work in other places besides Florida is available to T14 schools and much less so for Florida.

InvictusFortis

Bronze

Post by InvictusFortis » Sat Feb 12, 2011 9:43 am

Barbie wrote:

yayyyyy <3
I'm leaving from Naples; which route do you recommend? Also, if I'm leaving Thursday, how bad is traffic around the Tampa area during rush hour...would I be avoiding it by driving into the city on I-75?

Skyhook

Bronze

Post by Skyhook » Sat Feb 12, 2011 10:12 am

InvictusFortis wrote:
I'm leaving from Naples; which route do you recommend? Also, if I'm leaving Thursday, how bad is traffic around the Tampa area during rush hour...would I be avoiding it by driving into the city on I-75?
Go straight up I75 which stays just east of Tampa. I275 goes through St Pete and then Tampa and would be a pointless detour.
In my experience, the traffic between 5 and 630 slows things down considerably on both I75 and I275 heading north. There's not a lot you could do to avoid it other than leaving a bit earlier or later.

scaper

New

Post by scaper » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:20 pm

I don't mean to change the topic but I have a question/observation that I would like some feeback on.

Looking at the accepted/rejected/waitlisted graphs on this site and lawschoolnumbers, knowing very well this is not a complete sampling or for that matter an accurate represntation of actual results, as a guide I am wondering what if any significance there is to the fact that there are not very many rejected results. With so many, my self included, in the File Reviewed. NoDecision Rendered bucket. There are some rejected people listed that have better numbers than me as well as a few with worse numbers. I feel that I have a strong personal statement and I am in-state plus and undergrad at UF. Do you think anything can be read into this data or am I judt searching for straws? I know the whole process is very subjective and onless you have "auto-admit" numbers, which I don't a lot depends on other things such as overall class strength anticpated and how many accepted students decide to go elsewhere. I do realize that for many UF is a safe choice school, albeit a very good one, and they will be accepted to higher ranking schold that they will choise at a later date. I guess not seeing very many rejected results makes me think that my decision is not around the corner.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

hurricane10

Bronze

Post by hurricane10 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:50 pm

scaper wrote:I don't mean to change the topic but I have a question/observation that I would like some feeback on.

Looking at the accepted/rejected/waitlisted graphs on this site and lawschoolnumbers, knowing very well this is not a complete sampling or for that matter an accurate represntation of actual results, as a guide I am wondering what if any significance there is to the fact that there are not very many rejected results. With so many, my self included, in the File Reviewed. NoDecision Rendered bucket. There are some rejected people listed that have better numbers than me as well as a few with worse numbers. I feel that I have a strong personal statement and I am in-state plus and undergrad at UF. Do you think anything can be read into this data or am I judt searching for straws? I know the whole process is very subjective and onless you have "auto-admit" numbers, which I don't a lot depends on other things such as overall class strength anticpated and how many accepted students decide to go elsewhere. I do realize that for many UF is a safe choice school, albeit a very good one, and they will be accepted to higher ranking schold that they will choise at a later date. I guess not seeing very many rejected results makes me think that my decision is not around the corner.
UF doesn't waitlist or reject anyone until March so I wouldn't look into it yet.

Barbie

Gold

Post by Barbie » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:00 pm

Skyhook wrote:
InvictusFortis wrote:
Go straight up I75 which stays just east of Tampa. I275 goes through St Pete and then Tampa and would be a pointless detour.
In my experience, the traffic between 5 and 630 slows things down considerably on both I75 and I275 heading north. There's not a lot you could do to avoid it other than leaving a bit earlier or later.
Yeah. Tampa traffic is just as bad as downtown Atlanta during this time (trust me). Its AWFUL. I actually prefer 275 to I-75 during this time. Its 3 or 4 lanes compared to just 2 (I-75 bottle necks @ Fletcher) so it moves quite a bit quicker. I recomend trying to get through Tampa before rush hour somehow, or leaving after its over.

Skyhook

Bronze

Post by Skyhook » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:30 pm

Barbie wrote:
Skyhook wrote:
InvictusFortis wrote:
Yeah. Tampa traffic is just as bad as downtown Atlanta during this time (trust me). Its AWFUL. I actually prefer 275 to I-75 during this time. Its 3 or 4 lanes compared to just 2 (I-75 bottle necks @ Fletcher) so it moves quite a bit quicker. I recomend trying to get through Tampa before rush hour somehow, or leaving after its over.
Yeah, the Fletcher bottleneck to Bruce is terrible. But I wouldn't say that coming over Howard Franklin is any better. You get the pre-Dale Mabry traffic, then the downtown crowd slow everything up until at least Hillsborough if not further along. Plus 275 goes down to 2 lanes and slows up again with the construction just before rejoining 75.

Barbie and I definitely agree: best advice, get past Fletcher before 5 or wait until after 630 to hit the area.

InvictusFortis

Bronze

Post by InvictusFortis » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:31 pm

Barbie wrote:
Skyhook wrote:
InvictusFortis wrote:
Thanks, I'll try and leave Naples by 1 or 2.

For those of us that will be there, we should go out Thursday night. I really want to get a feel for the area in general. Plus, it's my excuse to get off from work and have fun.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

InvictusFortis

Bronze

Post by InvictusFortis » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:32 pm

Skyhook wrote:Barbie and I definitely agree: best advice, get past Fletcher before 5 or wait until after 630 to hit the area.
How long is the trip once I get to Tampa?

kwais

Gold

Post by kwais » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:36 pm

InvictusFortis wrote:
Skyhook wrote:Barbie and I definitely agree: best advice, get past Fletcher before 5 or wait until after 630 to hit the area.
1 1/2 - 2 hours

kwais

Gold

Post by kwais » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:37 pm

any ideas for a TLS ASD meet up?

Barbie

Gold

Post by Barbie » Sat Feb 12, 2011 1:38 pm

kwais wrote:
InvictusFortis wrote:
1 1/2 - 2 hours
Typically takes me 1 hour. Nu nu nu nu nu nu nu nu nu nu nu nu nu :D

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”