U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
thewarflamingo

Silver

Post by thewarflamingo » Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:17 pm

Last edited by thewarflamingo on Thu Jan 12, 2012 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

gpjc28

New

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Post by gpjc28 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:02 pm

LSATmakesMeNeurotic wrote:I don't partake in April 1 tomfoolery. Too many people get engaged and knocked up.
As a grad student, you really shouldn't have a problem getting the football lottery tickets. The # of credits increases your chances.
^Unless you are already a UF student, you have the same rights as a freshman to the football tickets.
Oh ok I didn't read far up enough. That sucks for the non-UF undergrads :(

prettyinpink02

New

Post by prettyinpink02 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:11 pm

thewarflamingo wrote:So who else is planning on entering the lottery for football season tickets? I'm going to need some people to go to the games with. :D

UMMMMM MEEEEE!!! Duh, I wouldn't miss out on some Gator Football for anything!!!

Deuce

Silver

Post by Deuce » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:13 pm

prettyinpink02 wrote:
thewarflamingo wrote:So who else is planning on entering the lottery for football season tickets? I'm going to need some people to go to the games with. :D

UMMMMM MEEEEE!!! Duh, I wouldn't miss out on some Gator Football for anything!!!
Oh yea- there is literally no difference in signing up for the lottery in April as compared to signing up a day before in June, except for 2 months of having a $70 sunk cost so... I'd hold off

ns77770

Bronze

Post by ns77770 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:14 pm

Deuce wrote:
prettyinpink02 wrote:

Oh yea- there is literally no difference in signing up for the lottery in April as compared to signing up a day before in June, except for 2 months of having a $70 sunk cost so... I'd hold off
Thanks for the tip!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

gmen42

Bronze

Post by gmen42 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:15 pm

Yup, last year I had a friend message me 30 mins before the deadline to remind me. Hopefully being an undergrad here does help my chances, I'm going for my fourth straight year of football tickets.

gmen42

Bronze

Post by gmen42 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:17 pm

LSATmakesMeNeurotic wrote:
gmen42 wrote:I have never been, but everyone I know thinks FSU has a nicer campus, however once you walk off campus I hear it is like a warzone. UF has its nice areas though, great sports stadiums and the loudest football stadium in the country. The camaraderie here is incredible, everyone loves being a gator in the best and worst of times. Unlike a certain school to the north that has trouble selling tickets to their football games, we have sold out every home game since 1979.

Not true. Do you go to the BEAT shirt giveaways? I believe two years ago, they were walking up and down the BEAT line begging students to buy the unclaimed student tickets. So I guess TECHNICALLY the games were sold out since we buy ours ahead of time, but they most definitely had myriad tickets left over.
Officially come game time I believe they consider the games sold out, I think the last minute tickets are offered to general admission, which would be scooped up right away. It also might be similar to jags games where sections are bought out if not sold.

gmen42

Bronze

Post by gmen42 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:18 pm

gmen42 wrote:
LSATmakesMeNeurotic wrote:
gmen42 wrote:I have never been, but everyone I know thinks FSU has a nicer campus, however once you walk off campus I hear it is like a warzone. UF has its nice areas though, great sports stadiums and the loudest football stadium in the country. The camaraderie here is incredible, everyone loves being a gator in the best and worst of times. Unlike a certain school to the north that has trouble selling tickets to their football games, we have sold out every home game since 1979.

Not true. Do you go to the BEAT shirt giveaways? I believe two years ago, they were walking up and down the BEAT line begging students to buy the unclaimed student tickets. So I guess TECHNICALLY the games were sold out since we buy ours ahead of time, but they most definitely had myriad tickets left over.
Officially come game time I believe they consider the games sold out, I think the last minute tickets are offered to general admission, which would be scooped up right away. It also might be similar to jags games where sections are bought out if not sold.
I just got what you said, already pre-bought but not claimed, gotchya. But I do think they find people for the seats come game time, I can't remember going to a game with less than 92k in attendance.

prettyinpink02

New

Post by prettyinpink02 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:19 pm

When do we get our GatorLink?? We can't register for tickets until we have this anyway!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

thewarflamingo

Silver

Post by thewarflamingo » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:19 pm

prettyinpink02 wrote:

Yay football buddy!!!!!! I'm so excited!

thewarflamingo

Silver

Post by thewarflamingo » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:20 pm

prettyinpink02 wrote:When do we get our GatorLink?? We can't register for tickets until we have this anyway!
You can sign up for gatorlink now. I've already created mine.

gmen42

Bronze

Post by gmen42 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:21 pm

Deuce wrote:RE: Football Tickets

You want to enter and win the lottery, no matter what. Even if you hate football, you can sell the big-game tickets for big money, and the small-game tickets for $10-$30 each. Even if you're too lazy to sell them individually, you can sell your season tickets at the beginning for a couple hundred on top of your $70. But seriously, you should go to every game and not sell them. UF football is a religion.

If you do not win the lottery (a lot of people will lose due to being in the under 30 credit bracket, however I won them my first year here...), your best bet is to buy from someone directly selling on facebook/craigslist. Will-call on Thursday is a shitshow, not worth even trying.

Regarding the block- yes, you can sit in the block even if you don't have season tickets and buy your ticket at the last second. It isn't technically allowed, but everyone does a little thing called the ticket passback. Everyone enters the stadium together, then when you get to the section where your block is, everyone who has block tickets goes in and sits down, gives their tickets to one person, that person goes out and gives the ticket stubs to those not in the block, and everyone re-enters together. This is a widely used, widely known practice.
+1 Have a friend who always got them and sold em, for games like FSU you can sometimes get over 100 per.

prettyinpink02

New

Post by prettyinpink02 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:21 pm

thewarflamingo wrote:
prettyinpink02 wrote:When do we get our GatorLink?? We can't register for tickets until we have this anyway!

Ok am I stupid?? I have no idea what my UFID is???

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

gmen42

Bronze

Post by gmen42 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:22 pm

thewarflamingo wrote:
Anyone know if current students can change their gatorlink?

thewarflamingo

Silver

Post by thewarflamingo » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:24 pm

prettyinpink02 wrote:
thewarflamingo wrote:

Ok am I stupid?? I have no idea what my UFID is???
There should be a link that you can click that says "find my UFID" or if you look on your acceptance letter it should be there, or maybe see if you have an email from UF?

And I can't do anything on my gatorlink yet, maybe I'm not doing it right, but whenever I click something it says I don't have access or something. *shrug*

gmen42

Bronze

Post by gmen42 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:25 pm

I did a block one year and it seemed like more trouble than it's worth. I don't know how the law block works though...

thewarflamingo

Silver

Post by thewarflamingo » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:28 pm

I signed up for the webmail, but that's not working either. I can sign into it, but I can't send or receive anything. Any suggestions or is it WAYYYY too early to even bother with this? I just like to set stuff up when it on my mind otherwise I'll forget.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

gmen42

Bronze

Post by gmen42 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:29 pm

thewarflamingo wrote:I signed up for the webmail, but that's not working either. I can sign into it, but I can't send or receive anything. Any suggestions or is it WAYYYY too early to even bother with this? I just like to set stuff up when it on my mind otherwise I'll forget.
Probably nothing to worry about yet, btw webmail stinks.

thewarflamingo

Silver

Post by thewarflamingo » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:31 pm

gmen42 wrote:
thewarflamingo wrote:I signed up for the webmail, but that's not working either. I can sign into it, but I can't send or receive anything. Any suggestions or is it WAYYYY too early to even bother with this? I just like to set stuff up when it on my mind otherwise I'll forget.
Yeah, I hate all university email services. It says my gatorlink status is active, so I don't know why webmail wouldn't work, but whatever. This gatorlink/ISIS shit is confusing though...

Barbie

Gold

Post by Barbie » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:35 pm

Just talked to UF. Haven't been awarded any need based. I'm starting to drift farther awayyyyy... :(

Deuce

Silver

Post by Deuce » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:38 pm

gmen42 wrote:
Agreed. Have everything forwarded to your gmail. UF webmail is just... terrible.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

wbbguy

New

Post by wbbguy » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:38 pm

File reviewed, no decision reached status as of today.

I guess it's the wait list for me? :|

thewarflamingo

Silver

Post by thewarflamingo » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:40 pm

Barbie wrote:Just talked to UF. Haven't been awarded any need based. I'm starting to drift farther awayyyyy... :(
awww I think it's funny that whenever I would talk about considering Illinois still and writing my LOCI to UT, you would jump on me about even considering leaving UF and now you are doing the same hahaha

I'm sorry to hear about not receiving a grant though. :( Is the difference between Tulane and UF substantial?

wbbguy

New

Post by wbbguy » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:41 pm

Deuce wrote:
gmen42 wrote:
Agreed. Have everything forwarded to your gmail. UF webmail is just... terrible.
Compared to GMail, I find most mail clients inferior. Storage and insta-search ftw

Barbie

Gold

Post by Barbie » Fri Apr 01, 2011 2:41 pm

thewarflamingo wrote:
Barbie wrote:Just talked to UF. Haven't been awarded any need based. I'm starting to drift farther awayyyyy... :(
awww I think it's funny that whenever I would talk about considering Illinois still and writing my LOCI to UT, you would jump on me about even considering leaving UF and now you are doing the same hahaha

I'm sorry to hear about not receiving a grant though. :( Is the difference between Tulane and UF substantial?
You got love from UF! haha I got NO love. I feel like the last one picked for a team :(
The tuition for Tulane and UF in-state would now be the exact same. :shock:

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”