U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!! Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
thewarflamingo

Silver

Re: U. of Florida 2010-2011 Applicants!!

Post by thewarflamingo » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:07 pm

PleaseHelpThanks wrote:
thewarflamingo wrote:
Barbie wrote:
FeelTheHeat wrote:This applies to a few people in this thread, but FSU allows for multiple seat deposits even after accepting your scholarship. Hope that makes it easier for some of you; also, I plan on paying both seat deposits, if UF gives me any shit, that makes my mind up lol
Can someone else who has paid theirs chime in? I don't have the paperwork I don't think.
Youre right barbie, it's pretty strict. This is what it says verbatim...
I affirm that I plan to enroll at the University of Florida Levin College of Law in Fall 2011, that I have no commitment to attend another law school, that I have not deferred enrollment at another law school, that I will not apply to another law school, and that I have withdrawn from other law schools to which I have been admitted.
This doesn't say a thing about accepting a WL offer, so I will opt to believe that I can accept WL offers… or is that wrong?
Yes, you can stay on waitlists and accept a WL offer if you get one. And according to the language, you don't have to withdraw from pending applications yet.

PleaseHelpThanks

New

Post by PleaseHelpThanks » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:16 pm

How could I pick FSU>UF when UF has double the TLS pages.

haoledugan

Bronze

Post by haoledugan » Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:41 pm

PleaseHelpThanks wrote:How could I pick FSU>UF when UF has double the TLS pages.

So true.

leidice

Bronze

Post by leidice » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:02 pm

Barbie wrote:
leidice wrote:
Barbie wrote:
Sowwy :( I've actually heard that UF doesn't particularly like their own kind. I don't know WHY this would be the case, though ,and don't really believe it-- just something I've heard a few times. Where do you think youre going to go?? :D
But I'm not their own kind, unless all Florida residents are at a disadvantage. But this makes Wake cheaper or as cheap as staying in state at UF. Soooo that's what I'm probably leaning toward.
OOooh yeah I forgot! I have everyone mixed up. I kind of thought you weren't even really considering UF anymore but I'm glad you are!
Well, yeah I kind of am. When is their seat deposit due? My dad still highly suggests I choose UF over FSU for a number of reasons (going to separate schools between UG/grad, going to a new area and meeting new people, new experiences, etc). Plus already having friends in the 1L class would make the transition easier :). And after visiting W&L this weekend, as much as I loved the school, it really showed me how much I depend on having an actual live, bustling town to live in. and even though they only have 2 bars, it's the rest of the conveniences of a small city/large town that Lexington is lacking that bothers me too. Idkkk. I just hate having to make my mind up the day of my Wake visit.

LSATmakesMeNeurotic

Silver

Post by LSATmakesMeNeurotic » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:10 pm

leidice wrote:
Barbie wrote:
leidice wrote:
Barbie wrote:
Sowwy :( I've actually heard that UF doesn't particularly like their own kind. I don't know WHY this would be the case, though ,and don't really believe it-- just something I've heard a few times. Where do you think youre going to go?? :D
But I'm not their own kind, unless all Florida residents are at a disadvantage. But this makes Wake cheaper or as cheap as staying in state at UF. Soooo that's what I'm probably leaning toward.
OOooh yeah I forgot! I have everyone mixed up. I kind of thought you weren't even really considering UF anymore but I'm glad you are!
Well, yeah I kind of am. When is their seat deposit due? My dad still highly suggests I choose UF over FSU for a number of reasons (going to separate schools between UG/grad, going to a new area and meeting new people, new experiences, etc). Plus already having friends in the 1L class would make the transition easier :). And after visiting W&L this weekend, as much as I loved the school, it really showed me how much I depend on having an actual live, bustling town to live in. and even though they only have 2 bars, it's the rest of the conveniences of a small city/large town that Lexington is lacking that bothers me too. Idkkk. I just hate having to make my mind up the day of my Wake visit.
Hey Barbie, maybe you meant me? haha. I'm feeling no love so I'm definitely going to attribute it to UF not liking their own. leidice, have you asked FSU for an extension on your seat deposit?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Barbie

Gold

Post by Barbie » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:16 pm

LSATmakesMeNeurotic wrote:
leidice wrote:
Barbie wrote:
Hey Barbie, maybe you meant me? haha. I'm feeling no love so I'm definitely going to attribute it to UF not liking their own. leidice, have you asked FSU for an extension on your seat deposit?

Yesss! Haha Where have you been! Where are you going to LS :D

leidice

Bronze

Post by leidice » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:16 pm

LSATmakesMeNeurotic wrote:
leidice wrote: Well, yeah I kind of am. When is their seat deposit due? My dad still highly suggests I choose UF over FSU for a number of reasons (going to separate schools between UG/grad, going to a new area and meeting new people, new experiences, etc). Plus already having friends in the 1L class would make the transition easier :). And after visiting W&L this weekend, as much as I loved the school, it really showed me how much I depend on having an actual live, bustling town to live in. and even though they only have 2 bars, it's the rest of the conveniences of a small city/large town that Lexington is lacking that bothers me too. Idkkk. I just hate having to make my mind up the day of my Wake visit.
Nope, I haven't. I wasn't sure how lenient they were about that. Has anyone been successful in requesting an extension for seat deposits w/ scholly there? I'll call tomorrow and see what they say.

LSATmakesMeNeurotic

Silver

Post by LSATmakesMeNeurotic » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:18 pm

OOh! can you also ask (since you'll be on the phone) if they need to receive the decision statement by April 1 or if it just has to be postmarked by that date? :lol:

ManageDamage

New

Post by ManageDamage » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:19 pm

3/17. Rejected. Hi Nova!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

leidice

Bronze

Post by leidice » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:19 pm

LSATmakesMeNeurotic wrote:OOh! can you also ask (since you'll be on the phone) if they need to receive the decision statement by April 1 or if it just has to be postmarked by that date? :lol:
Lol sure! I'd like to know that too, actually.

leidice

Bronze

Post by leidice » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:20 pm

ManageDamage wrote:3/17. Rejected. Hi Nova!
I really think you should study and re-take, apply again for next year. Your numbers from what I recall weren't that bad.. bring up your score like 3 points and you will see a completely different cycle!

gmen42

Bronze

Post by gmen42 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:20 pm

Sorry to hear, you actually got mail?

Barbie

Gold

Post by Barbie » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:21 pm

You guys, when do we receive our fafsa results? I want to know wassupppp!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

ManageDamage

New

Post by ManageDamage » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:21 pm

gmen42 wrote:
Yessir. Goodluck to you tomorrow!

gmen42

Bronze

Post by gmen42 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:22 pm

ManageDamage wrote:
gmen42 wrote:
Yessir. Goodluck to you tomorrow!
Uggh now back to less confidence....

ManageDamage

New

Post by ManageDamage » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:26 pm

I swear man I think I just applied too late. I went complete like 2/20 :roll:

gmen42

Bronze

Post by gmen42 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:27 pm

ManageDamage wrote:I swear man I think I just applied too late. I went complete like 2/20 :roll:
That's a real bummer, good luck in whatever you choose, I applied fairly late as well...

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

ManageDamage

New

Post by ManageDamage » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:28 pm

gmen42 wrote:
ManageDamage wrote:I swear man I think I just applied too late. I went complete like 2/20 :roll:
That's a real bummer, good luck in whatever you choose, I applied fairly late as well...
Thanks. Still hoping to hear something good from FSU and maybe something about aid from Stetson. Should I write an email to Stetson politely telling them that every school I've gotten accepted to has offered me substantial merit based aid and what's their problem? What would be the best way to do this.

FortuneFavorsTheBold

Bronze

Post by FortuneFavorsTheBold » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:32 pm

ManageDamages, FL resident? if so where?

LSATmakesMeNeurotic

Silver

Post by LSATmakesMeNeurotic » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:32 pm

Yesss! Haha Where have you been! Where are you going to LS :D
I'm submitting my seat deposit to FSU, going to UF's ASD on the 15th and then hopefully will make my final decision then. 75% on FSU though.

ManageDamage

New

Post by ManageDamage » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:48 pm

FortuneFavorsTheBold wrote:ManageDamages, FL resident? if so where?
Ft. Lauderdale.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

gmen42

Bronze

Post by gmen42 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:52 pm

ManageDamage wrote:
Ft. Lauderdale.
If you don't mind my asking, you were a 160/3.5 right? It's insane that's a reject and not a WL at worst.

ManageDamage

New

Post by ManageDamage » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:55 pm

gmen42 wrote:
ManageDamage wrote:
Ft. Lauderdale.
If you don't mind my asking, you were a 160/3.5 right? It's insane that's a reject and not a WL at worst.
Yup! With SEVERAL family members (including immediate) Levin graduates! I went to FSU undergrad and I think they're just bitter about November.

gmen42

Bronze

Post by gmen42 » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:56 pm

ManageDamage wrote:
gmen42 wrote:
ManageDamage wrote:
Ft. Lauderdale.
Yup! With SEVERAL family members (including immediate) Levin graduates! I went to FSU undergrad and I think they're just bitter about November.
Very sorry to hear it and not feeling nearly as confident as I was, you're numbers seem to warrant at least waitlist. Hope FSU gets back to you soon.

haoledugan

Bronze

Post by haoledugan » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:57 pm

ManageDamage wrote:
gmen42 wrote:
ManageDamage wrote:
Ft. Lauderdale.

Disregard the PM, ManageDamage.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”