IU Indianapolis Applicants' Thread Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
angiej

Silver

IU Indianapolis Applicants' Thread

Post by angiej » Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:58 am

For those of us applying to IU Indy, post here! :lol:

twryan

New

Re: IU Indianapolis Applicants' Thread

Post by twryan » Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:18 am

I'm applying but not until Oct. LSAT scores are released. Application is supposedly going to be available Sept. 1st...are you applying tomorrow angiej?

angiej

Silver

Post by angiej » Tue Aug 31, 2010 3:33 pm

twryan wrote:I'm applying but not until Oct. LSAT scores are released. Application is supposedly going to be available Sept. 1st...are you applying tomorrow angiej?
Awesome! I have everything ready to go but will likely find I will need to edit some materials after seeing the app tomorrow. Plus, I'm still trying to decide whether to apply ED. But I should have my app sent over labor day weekend.

angiej

Silver

Post by angiej » Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:13 am

Grrr . . . I don't even see an early decision app for IUIndy - did they do away with it this year? I only see the regular decision and international.

twryan

New

Post by twryan » Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:13 am

Is there suppose to be a separate app for ED? I just assumed I would specify ED under the regular app.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

angiej

Silver

Post by angiej » Wed Sep 01, 2010 9:54 am

twryan wrote:Is there suppose to be a separate app for ED? I just assumed I would specify ED under the regular app.
Last year there were two separate apps. I'm hesitant to click on the one entitled "regular decision" because I get a pop up saying once I make my selection then I can't change it for the term.

twryan

New

Post by twryan » Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:00 am

angiej wrote:
twryan wrote:Is there suppose to be a separate app for ED? I just assumed I would specify ED under the regular app.
Last year there were two separate apps. I'm hesitant to click on the one entitled "regular decision" because I get a pop up saying once I make my selection then I can't change it for the term.
Yeah I clicked on "regular decision" as well to see what would happen hahah. IU-Indy hasn't even updated their admissions website for this cycle. I figured they would be on top of this stuff!

angiej

Silver

Post by angiej » Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:10 am

twryan wrote:
angiej wrote:
Yeah I clicked on "regular decision" as well to see what would happen hahah. IU-Indy hasn't even updated their admissions website for this cycle. I figured they would be on top of this stuff!
Ugh so frustrating. Should we call? I would think they would make their ED app available as a priority over posting the regular decision app.

twryan

New

Post by twryan » Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:18 pm

Did you find out anything?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

angiej

Silver

Post by angiej » Thu Sep 02, 2010 1:55 pm

twryan wrote:Did you find out anything?
They are consolidated apps. I just sent you a PM.

TT09

Bronze

Post by TT09 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 1:52 pm

I look forward to applying here! It's very near the top of my list. I won't be doing so, however, until I re-take in October.

angiej

Silver

Post by angiej » Tue Sep 07, 2010 2:43 pm

TT09 wrote:I look forward to applying here! It's very near the top of my list. I won't be doing so, however, until I re-take in October.
Welcome to the crowd! I'm almost ready to click submit. I've decided to apply ED. It is, without a doubt, my first choice school.

TT09

Bronze

Post by TT09 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 3:54 pm

angiej wrote:
TT09 wrote:I look forward to applying here! It's very near the top of my list. I won't be doing so, however, until I re-take in October.
Welcome to the crowd! I'm almost ready to click submit. I've decided to apply ED. It is, without a doubt, my first choice school.

Very nice :D Here's to hoping that we both get in!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Barbie

Gold

Post by Barbie » Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:26 pm

Out of curiosity, what is the big differences between Bloomington and Indy? I've never been to the state, so in regards to area, admissions, and career prospects I suppose..

StrictlyLiable

Bronze

Post by StrictlyLiable » Tue Sep 07, 2010 4:42 pm

Barbie wrote:Out of curiosity, what is the big differences between Bloomington and Indy? I've never been to the state, so in regards to area, admissions, and career prospects I suppose..

Yeah I've noticed that it is a little harder to get in, so basically I was wondering the same thing.

angiej

Silver

Post by angiej » Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:40 pm

StrictlyLiable wrote:
Barbie wrote:Out of curiosity, what is the big differences between Bloomington and Indy? I've never been to the state, so in regards to area, admissions, and career prospects I suppose..

Yeah I've noticed that it is a little harder to get in, so basically I was wondering the same thing.
IU-Bloomington is in fact ranked higher (by about 50 or so spots) and it is harder to get in (mostly because they receive far greater applicants). To me, the big difference between IU-B and IU-Indy is . . .

I want to work in Indianapolis after law school. IU-Indy grads dominate the Indy market. Bloomington grads find jobs all over Indiana and even in some other legal markets, including Chicago. Though it is not as "transportable" as some of the other top 20-30 schools. For example, last year I believe, IU-B was tied in rank with Notre Dame. ND grads can find jobs all over the U.S. and saturate the NY legal market, as well as Chicago. IU-B grads have greater difficulty in that area.

IU-B does not offer the clinical programs I'm looking for and offer fewer subject-area/topic courses I'm most interested in.

Not that this should matter, but IU-B law school is decrepit, orange, brown, and just overall dark and dreary. While I am applying there, I find the atmosphere rather depressing. IU-Indy has a fairly new school, very techie, and aesthetically pleasing.

Local judges and other lawyers froom IU Indy teach adjunct at IU Indy, not sure about IU-B.

IU-B is a college town, I'm a married 26 year old - I will be happier in IU Indy.

twryan

New

Post by twryan » Wed Sep 08, 2010 11:53 am

Let us know once you go complete...it appears as though you're going to be one of the first, at least on here.
angiej wrote:

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

angiej

Silver

Post by angiej » Wed Sep 08, 2010 12:36 pm

twryan wrote:Let us know once you go complete...it appears as though you're going to be one of the first, at least on here.
Sure will! I submitted this morning. I hope they like me.

angiej

Silver

Post by angiej » Thu Sep 09, 2010 12:19 pm

Wow I'm complete today already! My stomach just flipped upside down when I saw it!

TT09

Bronze

Post by TT09 » Thu Sep 09, 2010 1:16 pm

angiej wrote:Wow I'm complete today already! My stomach just flipped upside down when I saw it!
Nice! All you have to do now is wait :wink:

angiej

Silver

Post by angiej » Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:40 pm

TT09 wrote:
angiej wrote:Wow I'm complete today already! My stomach just flipped upside down when I saw it!
The wait is already getting to me! I did get an acceptance letter to a T4 with a full ride scholarship already. But Indy remains as my top choice. I'm still "complete." I'm wondering if anyone else has applied? According to admissionsdean.com and LSN, I'm the only one thus far. But then again, its still pretty early.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

TT09

Bronze

Post by TT09 » Wed Sep 22, 2010 6:49 pm

angiej wrote:
TT09 wrote:
The wait is already getting to me! I did get an acceptance letter to a T4 with a full ride scholarship already. But Indy remains as my top choice. I'm still "complete." I'm wondering if anyone else has applied? According to admissionsdean.com and LSN, I'm the only one thus far. But then again, its still pretty early.
So, your first acceptance was a full-ride acceptance? Where do I sign up? :P

twryan

New

Post by twryan » Thu Sep 23, 2010 9:49 am

My application is ready to go minus LSAT...do you think it will make any difference to submit prior to LSAT score?

angiej

Silver

Post by angiej » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:11 pm

twryan wrote:My application is ready to go minus LSAT...do you think it will make any difference to submit prior to LSAT score?
I was told they will not review your app until after the lsat score is in. Also, they do not review the apps in order of being received or even complete. They review them by some sort of combo between GPA and LSAT. So I suppose there is no harm in submitting now, but they probably won't do anything with it until that LSAT score is in. I was told they would begin reviewing apps on 9/15 so I got mine in before that date but I'm still "complete" (not "in review.")

angiej

Silver

Post by angiej » Thu Sep 23, 2010 1:12 pm

TT09 wrote:
angiej wrote:
TT09 wrote:
So, your first acceptance was a full-ride acceptance? Where do I sign up? :P
Haha, yes I was very fortunate. I listed it in my LSN account (link in my profile).

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”