IU Indianapolis Applicants' Thread Forum

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
jcsimon

New

Re: IU Indianapolis Applicants' Thread

Post by jcsimon » Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:17 pm

They did not specify between the programs. I would imagine there would be fewer part time seats that open up from here on out. I have applied to both and would be fine either way (prefer full time, but a waitlister can't be too picky).
I realize many folks have paid seat deposits and multiple schools and that is why we are still waiting, but I am not sure how long we are going to have to wait for them to be forced to decide. Is there another deposit coming up or will we have to wait until people fail to show up to orientation on 8/18/11?
I only applied here and Bloomington, so I am on the waitlist until they boot me off!

portlite11

New

Post by portlite11 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 12:37 pm

I was hoping there were some part time spots still open:) This is the only place I applied for this coming year since I live and work in Indy. If I don't get in I plan on applying again next year. (I didn't get my application submitted until after 03/01, it's my own fault.)
I'm pretty sure we just have to cross our fingers and hope at this point. There isn't another seat deposit, that I can tell, so I would assume decisions will be made on a rolling basis up until the date of orientation.

Michaela

Bronze

Post by Michaela » Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:07 pm

Does anyone know if/when 2011-12 tuition will be posted?

Chants

Bronze

Post by Chants » Thu Jun 09, 2011 4:52 pm

jcsimon wrote:They did not specify between the programs. I would imagine there would be fewer part time seats that open up from here on out. I have applied to both and would be fine either way (prefer full time, but a waitlister can't be too picky).
I realize many folks have paid seat deposits and multiple schools and that is why we are still waiting, but I am not sure how long we are going to have to wait for them to be forced to decide. Is there another deposit coming up or will we have to wait until people fail to show up to orientation on 8/18/11?
I only applied here and Bloomington, so I am on the waitlist until they boot me off!

Did you hear back from IUB already?

JC and Portlite, mind sharing your numbers? I am just curious where the waitlist stands. Good luck to you both. I hope you hear good news soon!

hemicuda

New

Post by hemicuda » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:09 am

I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news here. I just spoke with the admissions office, and they informed me that they had made only 20 offers to people on the waitlist, but all of those offers were made prior to the month of June. Even worse, they informed me that they are still adding people to their waitlist, which has increased to well over 100 people. They stated that they will not be making any more offers at this time, as they have more people who have paid the two seat deposits than they have open seats (This point had been stated earlier on this thread). Not good at all.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

lalalawya

Bronze

Post by lalalawya » Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:56 am

Just withdrew and freed up some $$. I really hope this means that one of you guys will be hearing from them soon!

jcsimon

New

Post by jcsimon » Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:54 am

I am hoping this means the waitlists elsewhere are starting to move more aggressively so we can have the seats at Indy! Anyone heard of substantial waitlist activity at other schools?

ab633

New

Post by ab633 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:56 pm

Does anyone know when we will get our class schedules?

ascool

New

Post by ascool » Fri Jul 08, 2011 4:44 pm

My schedule posted on Onestart today! I was lucky enough to avoid the section w/the Friday class.

So excited to meet you all this Fall! :)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Chants

Bronze

Post by Chants » Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:43 pm

ascool wrote:My schedule posted on Onestart today! I was lucky enough to avoid the section w/the Friday class.

So excited to meet you all this Fall! :)

Schedule posted here as well. Consider me not as lucky.

Michaela

Bronze

Post by Michaela » Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 am

No Fridays for me! Although we still haven't been assigned LARC yet but I hope they wouldn't stick us in that on a Friday that would suck so bad.

ascool

New

Post by ascool » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:50 am

Has anyone heard anything in the last week or so about waitlist activity? Did they ever make that "priority waitlist" they were talking about? My best friend is still waiting on hearing back (she has been WL'd since March). I would assume not hearing anything still is a good thing, because they said they were going to notify people who had NO chance of getting off the WL...right? Any insight would be appreciated! Thanks!

boilermaker11

New

Post by boilermaker11 » Tue Sep 27, 2011 11:02 am

Is anyone out there applying to Indy this cycle (2011-2012)?
Maybe I should start a new thread.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

jcsimon

New

Post by jcsimon » Thu Oct 13, 2011 12:03 pm

I think another thread might be in order. I am applying again this cycle and will be posting during the process. I am less than excited about going through it again, but it sure beats the alternative...

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”