IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
PrayingforHYS

Re: IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Postby PrayingforHYS » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:18 pm

iowalum wrote:
nightman09 wrote:
kehoema2 wrote:Snail mail. If I am not mistaken, it seems like everyone has received their acceptance this way.

Fantastic. I hope this doesn't mean it's lost in the mail somewhere. Rejections via snail mail too?

I'm in the same boat - applied 10/22, complete 11/23... still nothing. I think they accepted everyone they wanted to offer 120K to and are now waiting to accept the rest of the class... or at least that's what I'm hoping. I called last week and the secretary told me it would probably still be a few weeks. Hopefully it will be sooner!

ughhhh, if it's going to be a "few weeks" for you, and I applied a few weeks after you, then it could be another MONTH for me. By then, I will have been complete or whatever for 3 months when they said a decision is mailed within "6 to 8 weeks"

cowgirl_bebop

Postby cowgirl_bebop » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:25 pm

PrayingforHYS wrote:
iowalum wrote:
nightman09 wrote:
kehoema2 wrote:Snail mail. If I am not mistaken, it seems like everyone has received their acceptance this way.

Fantastic. I hope this doesn't mean it's lost in the mail somewhere. Rejections via snail mail too?

I'm in the same boat - applied 10/22, complete 11/23... still nothing. I think they accepted everyone they wanted to offer 120K to and are now waiting to accept the rest of the class... or at least that's what I'm hoping. I called last week and the secretary told me it would probably still be a few weeks. Hopefully it will be sooner!

ughhhh, if it's going to be a "few weeks" for you, and I applied a few weeks after you, then it could be another MONTH for me. By then, I will have been complete or whatever for 3 months when they said a decision is mailed within "6 to 8 weeks"

Actually, with your numbers you should hear something soon. They have been jumping at practically anything 167+ and seem to be waiting on everyone else. FWIW, according to TLS they have already made decisions for some people complete as late a 1/31

Michaela

Postby Michaela » Wed Feb 16, 2011 2:25 pm

nightman09 wrote:

My rejections was via snail mail and it was 6 or so weeks from when I went complete. I'm sure my numbers were auto-reject, though.

danquayle

Postby danquayle » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:39 pm

cowgirl_bebop wrote:
Actually, with your numbers you should hear something soon. They have been jumping at practically anything 167+ and seem to be waiting on everyone else. FWIW, according to TLS they have already made decisions for some people complete as late a 1/31

We had a lengthy discussion about this some pages back. I'm virtually certain they admit high LSATs ASAP and hold everyone else until they see how their class profile is shaking out.

columbia86

Postby columbia86 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:44 pm

danquayle wrote:
cowgirl_bebop wrote:

We had a lengthy discussion about this some pages back. I'm virtually certain they admit high LSATs ASAP and hold everyone else until they see how their class profile is shaking out.

I applied at the very end of Jan with a 167 (URM), should I be concerned that I haven't received a response (I live in Cali, so there is a 'mail delay')?

TommyK

Postby TommyK » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:52 pm

columbia86 wrote:
danquayle wrote:
cowgirl_bebop wrote:

I applied at the very end of Jan with a 167 (URM), should I be concerned that I haven't received a response (I live in Cali, so there is a 'mail delay')?

2 weeks would be pretty quick, even as urm 167. I'd give it another two weeks before worrying 'bout it. good luck.

beidoun

Postby beidoun » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:53 pm

cowgirl_bebop wrote:
PrayingforHYS wrote:
iowalum wrote:
nightman09 wrote:Fantastic. I hope this doesn't mean it's lost in the mail somewhere. Rejections via snail mail too?

I have seen one person on LSN that was complete 1/31 and received their decision but he/she were an auto admit.
Last edited by beidoun on Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

columbia86

Postby columbia86 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:56 pm

TommyK wrote:
columbia86 wrote:
danquayle wrote:
cowgirl_bebop wrote:

2 weeks would be pretty quick, even as urm 167. I'd give it another two weeks before worrying 'bout it. good luck.

Thanks dude. As a late applicant, I'm lucky to even be in consideration. I'm just a lil anxious.

cowgirl_bebop

Postby cowgirl_bebop » Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:16 pm

columbia86 wrote:
danquayle wrote:
cowgirl_bebop wrote:

Dont worry. I sent mine in on 1/14 and havent heard back yet either. Im a 167 URM as well. Did you get your complete email yet?

columbia86

Postby columbia86 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:25 pm

cowgirl_bebop wrote:
columbia86 wrote:
danquayle wrote:
cowgirl_bebop wrote:

Dont worry. I sent mine in on 1/14 and havent heard back yet either. Im a 167 URM as well. Did you get your complete email yet?

They've only sent me an 'application received' email.

cowgirl_bebop

Postby cowgirl_bebop » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:38 pm

columbia86 wrote:

In that case then you do probably have a bit of a wait in front of you

columbia86

Postby columbia86 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:40 pm

cowgirl_bebop wrote:
columbia86 wrote:

I received the app received email on 1/31, when did you receive your app complete email?

cowgirl_bebop

Postby cowgirl_bebop » Wed Feb 16, 2011 5:43 pm

columbia86 wrote:
cowgirl_bebop wrote:
columbia86 wrote:

I received the app received email on 1/31, when did you receive your app complete email?

1/31

cdsj

Postby cdsj » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:27 pm

Does anyone know about how large the admit package is (the physical letter or package)? I got in via the "stipend" email yesterday, and I'm scared that the post office won't leave the package (I live in a "bad" part of Houston where they won't leave anything unless it fits in the mailbox...and I have the smallest mailbox ever).

justadude55

Postby justadude55 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 9:41 pm

Stipend question:

Do they put us up in a hotel for one or two days? I'd stay for two if it's free.

I don't want to ask on the phone cause I know I'm a cheapskate.

RooksWS6

Postby RooksWS6 » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:28 pm

cdsj wrote:Does anyone know about how large the admit package is (the physical letter or package)? I got in via the "stipend" email yesterday, and I'm scared that the post office won't leave the package (I live in a "bad" part of Houston where they won't leave anything unless it fits in the mailbox...and I have the smallest mailbox ever).

It's a USPS cardboard envelope...like 12.5"x9.5". I would think they would leave it.

cdsj

Postby cdsj » Wed Feb 16, 2011 10:48 pm

RooksWS6 wrote:
cdsj wrote:Does anyone know about how large the admit package is (the physical letter or package)? I got in via the "stipend" email yesterday, and I'm scared that the post office won't leave the package (I live in a "bad" part of Houston where they won't leave anything unless it fits in the mailbox...and I have the smallest mailbox ever).

It's a USPS cardboard envelope...like 12.5"x9.5". I would think they would leave it.

Thanks Rooks! Super excited about getting it!

chrisnashville

Postby chrisnashville » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:30 pm

justadude55 wrote:Stipend question:

Do they put us up in a hotel for one or two days? I'd stay for two if it's free.

I don't want to ask on the phone cause I know I'm a cheapskate.

I got an email a couple days ago saying they'd put us up for two nights and pay for travel. But they said it was part of the "scholarship offer" so I imagine that that's not universal? I imagine if you call, they'd put you up anyway.

twairlines

Postby twairlines » Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:55 pm

120k complete late January...165 4.03..........thanks IU

cowgirl_bebop

Postby cowgirl_bebop » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:00 pm

twairlines wrote:120k complete late January...165 4.03..........thanks IU

Did you get the package today? Also, were you a 1/31 complete by chance?

TommyK

Postby TommyK » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:13 pm

Congrats!

twairlines

Postby twairlines » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:15 pm

TommyK wrote:

Congrats!

thankk you!!!

stlisforlovers

Postby stlisforlovers » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:15 pm

Congrats! Are you considering attending?

yoyowhatupyo

Postby yoyowhatupyo » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:52 pm

heartfelt congratulations from a fellow 165er!!

twairlines

Postby twairlines » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:56 pm

stlisforlovers wrote:Congrats! Are you considering attending?

thank you guys....and yes I'm definitely considering attending!!! I'm stoked and now will have another school to visit. I haven't been following the thread much due to thinking it would be a while until I heard something, but they got back rather quickly. Congrats to all you who have been accepted and what not, I'll prob be back on later tomorrow with some questions, so I hope some of you guys will be able to help...woohooo

Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”