IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
thewarflamingo
Posts: 939
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:27 pm

Re: IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Postby thewarflamingo » Thu Dec 23, 2010 3:56 pm

Lwoods wrote:
thewarflamingo wrote:
Lwoods wrote:Sigh. Mail came. Nothing from IU. :(

Any chance priority mail deliveries would come separately from regular post?


Pretty sure it comes together :(


Actually, a priority mail box just appeared for one of my neighbors since I got my mail. Still no envelope, though. Boo.

oh really?? interesting...

One more hour till my mail...*fingers crossed*

User avatar
LeDique
Posts: 12744
Joined: Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:10 pm

Re: IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Postby LeDique » Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:06 pm

Lwoods wrote:
LeDique wrote:
redrose11 wrote:Did the letters come to your guys' permanent addresses or current? I'm home for the holidays and am going crazy thinking I have acceptance letters waiting at my school address.


I'm at my permanent address and haven't received anything FWIW. I'm above both 75ths (I think, or at least very close) and applied in early November as well. I was complete 11-22 which someone on LSN listed.


How far do you live from Indiana? :)

ftr, the medians are 164/3.78.


Ohio - school in SW, home in NE. So not very far.

Make that at 75th gpa then, above lsat.

User avatar
Lou9
Posts: 117
Joined: Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:08 pm

Re: IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Postby Lou9 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 4:25 pm

In with $120K. I'm so excited and can't wait to visit in March.

All of my info is here http://lawschoolnumbers.com/Lou9 and my packet was postmarked Dec. 21.

Good Luck to everyone.

thewarflamingo
Posts: 939
Joined: Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:27 pm

Re: IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Postby thewarflamingo » Thu Dec 23, 2010 5:23 pm

Mail came and I got...................nothing :(

Now I can finally take the nap I've been postponing for 2 hours to wait for the mailman.

User avatar
brokenwindows
Posts: 96
Joined: Tue Jul 06, 2010 5:47 pm

Re: IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Postby brokenwindows » Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:17 pm

thewarflamingo wrote:Mail came and I got...................nothing :(

Now I can finally take the nap I've been postponing for 2 hours to wait for the mailman.


That sucks! Here's to hoping for something in the mail for you soon! :)

User avatar
Snoring Meatball
Posts: 105
Joined: Mon Jun 21, 2010 4:22 pm

Re: IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Postby Snoring Meatball » Thu Dec 23, 2010 6:37 pm

In with $120,000. I'm not going, but I'm still thrilled.

Complete 11/15, letter dated 12/17 and arrived today. I have a LSN account with the same name.

Congrats, all!

User avatar
ccoons24
Posts: 63
Joined: Sat May 29, 2010 11:55 am

Re: IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Postby ccoons24 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 7:39 pm

I am ecstatic to report that I received my acceptance packet today with a $105k scholarship! Was not expecting that in the slightest and I think my heart fell through my floor when I read the letter.

Sandro
Posts: 2526
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:12 am

Re: IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Postby Sandro » Thu Dec 23, 2010 8:53 pm

ccoons24 wrote:I am ecstatic to report that I received my acceptance packet today with a $105k scholarship! Was not expecting that in the slightest and I think my heart fell through my floor when I read the letter.


What was your LSAT? I cyber stalked and saw you were a splitter like me.... congrats on 105k !

robb0106
Posts: 11
Joined: Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:53 am

Re: IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Postby robb0106 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:04 pm

in with 120k. i would be hard pressed to move to indiana, but i will probably go visit because that is enticing money. just wondering how well they place in chicago...

User avatar
ccoons24
Posts: 63
Joined: Sat May 29, 2010 11:55 am

Re: IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Postby ccoons24 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:18 pm

Sandro777 wrote:
ccoons24 wrote:I am ecstatic to report that I received my acceptance packet today with a $105k scholarship! Was not expecting that in the slightest and I think my heart fell through my floor when I read the letter.


What was your LSAT? I cyber stalked and saw you were a splitter like me.... congrats on 105k !


LSAT was 169, retake from a 164. Worked full time in college, taking a year off and working in a law firm now. Really thought my GPA would blow me out of Indiana's waters, but apparently not! :)

Sandro
Posts: 2526
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:12 am

Re: IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Postby Sandro » Thu Dec 23, 2010 9:22 pm

ccoons24 wrote:
Sandro777 wrote:
ccoons24 wrote:I am ecstatic to report that I received my acceptance packet today with a $105k scholarship! Was not expecting that in the slightest and I think my heart fell through my floor when I read the letter.


What was your LSAT? I cyber stalked and saw you were a splitter like me.... congrats on 105k !


LSAT was 169, retake from a 164. Worked full time in college, taking a year off and working in a law firm now. Really thought my GPA would blow me out of Indiana's waters, but apparently not! :)


Thats awesome. Hopefully my Dec10 score comes in a little higher and i'll have a shot at some money, sitting at 164 right now.

User avatar
rinkrat19
Posts: 13916
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:35 am

Re: IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Postby rinkrat19 » Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:33 am

GPA closer to median than 25%, LSAT well above 75% (very similar numbers to a couple of the $120K offers today), and nothing in the mail today (Oregon). Was hoping for my first acceptance as a Christmas present.

Hell, at this point I'd take a reject or waitlist from a reach just to reassure me that my applications haven't all spontaneously and simultaneously vaporized off the adcomms' desks.

hurldes
Posts: 138
Joined: Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:32 pm

Re: IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Postby hurldes » Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:46 am

I got the acceptance package today in the mail. Was shocked that they offered a $120,000 scholarship! Especially considering my numbers... 3.06 and 167.

What do you guys think? Would I be restrained to the midwest forever if I go to IU?
Last edited by hurldes on Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

Fark-o-vision
Posts: 590
Joined: Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:41 pm

Re: IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Postby Fark-o-vision » Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:51 am

Seems like everyone goes free this year? Weird that they've handed out so many JUICE scholarships.

Anyone considering the summer start?

justhockey31
Posts: 312
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 8:35 pm

Re: IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Postby justhockey31 » Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:48 am

Indiana is just throwing money around...I would like to get in on some of that!

nadiab420
Posts: 10
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:25 pm

Re: IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Postby nadiab420 » Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:21 pm

DEF throwing money out. In yesterday w/ 105k. Numbers are 167 and 2.4

If that's not sheer luck, I dunno what is.

justadude55
Posts: 963
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:23 am

Re: IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Postby justadude55 » Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:39 pm

hurldes wrote:I got the acceptance package today in the mail. Was shocked that they offered a $120,000 scholarship! Especially considering my numbers... 3.06 and 167.

What do you guys think? Would I be restrained to the midwest forever if I go to IU?

yes, and i don't like the midwest but i have better #'s than both and i'm considering biting a bullet and just living the life in the midwest debt free.

justadude55
Posts: 963
Joined: Mon Aug 23, 2010 12:23 am

Re: IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Postby justadude55 » Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:40 pm

Lou9 wrote:In with $120K. I'm so excited and can't wait to visit in March.

All of my info is here http://lawschoolnumbers.com/Lou9 and my packet was postmarked Dec. 21.

Good Luck to everyone.

congrats on the 45k to UCLA. that's awesome.

User avatar
kk19131
Posts: 1054
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 7:08 pm

Re: IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Postby kk19131 » Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:53 pm

Does this school offer ANY mobility whatsoever?

User avatar
jwaters
Posts: 224
Joined: Tue Jun 22, 2010 12:02 pm

Re: IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Postby jwaters » Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:34 pm

.
Last edited by jwaters on Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sandro
Posts: 2526
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:12 am

Re: IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Postby Sandro » Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:02 pm

nadiab420 wrote:DEF throwing money out. In yesterday w/ 105k. Numbers are 167 and 2.4

If that's not sheer luck, I dunno what is.


Wow! Thats awesome. IU is def. solidifying its place as a splitters best friend. Hopefully some of this splitter money is still around by the time they get to my app.

User avatar
BackToTheOldHouse
Posts: 862
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:03 pm

Re: IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Postby BackToTheOldHouse » Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:11 pm

jwaters wrote:Received acceptance letter today via priority mail, also got the $120k scholarship.....very nice Christmas present.

Congrats!

Do you live in a state far from Indiana? When was the letter dated?

I am in Cal and wondering if I should be anxious about the mail arriving today . . .

SortOfObsessed
Posts: 87
Joined: Thu Jul 01, 2010 4:53 pm

Re: IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Postby SortOfObsessed » Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:15 pm

In via mail. Complete mid november. 167/3.7. Also got the 120,000 scholarship. Congratulations to everyone admitted!

Out of curiosity, for those of you also receiving a full ride, do you think you'll attend? Is the money enough to sway you from other schools?

User avatar
RMstratosphere
Posts: 443
Joined: Fri Jul 10, 2009 2:25 pm

Re: IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Postby RMstratosphere » Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:20 pm

Congrats to everyone accepted and especially scholarship recipients. I'm an IU-B 1L, full scholarship, from the east coast. If I can offer any of my experiences as help to you folks please don't hesitate to ask.

User avatar
BackToTheOldHouse
Posts: 862
Joined: Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:03 pm

Re: IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Postby BackToTheOldHouse » Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:21 pm

RMstratosphere wrote:Congrats to everyone accepted and especially scholarship recipients. I'm an IU-B 1L, full scholarship, from the east coast. If I can offer any of my experiences as help to you folks please don't hesitate to ask.


Can you speak to the mobility question posed above?




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: henryyou, zeglo and 5 guests