IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Share Your Experiences, Read About Other Experiences. Please keep posts organized by school and expected year of graduation.
User avatar
zla2014
Posts: 211
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:59 pm

Re: IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Postby zla2014 » Tue Apr 26, 2011 10:16 pm

Heading to Indiana tomorrow! :)

User avatar
beidoun
Posts: 196
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:27 am

Re: IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Postby beidoun » Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:04 am

zla2014 wrote:Heading to Indiana tomorrow! :)


enjoy, its a great city.

User avatar
zla2014
Posts: 211
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:59 pm

Re: IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Postby zla2014 » Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:23 am

beidoun wrote:
zla2014 wrote:Heading to Indiana tomorrow! :)


enjoy, its a great city.


Thanks! I've never been to Bloomington, really looking forward to it :)

Jbowman47274
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:08 pm

Re: IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Postby Jbowman47274 » Fri Apr 29, 2011 1:54 pm

I see all this people getting 120 for full out of state tuition, how much have they been giving for full in-state tuition?

User avatar
superflush
Posts: 1305
Joined: Sun Oct 26, 2008 3:45 am

Re: IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Postby superflush » Sat Apr 30, 2011 12:16 am

Jbowman47274 wrote:I see all this people getting 120 for full out of state tuition, how much have they been giving for full in-state tuition?


I don't understand your question. If you get a full tuition scholarship, and you are in-state, then you get the amount of the in-state tuition.
Tuition isn't set yet for next year, but they have estimates.

User avatar
Jspain
Posts: 36
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:49 pm

Re: IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Postby Jspain » Sat Apr 30, 2011 1:26 pm

superflush wrote:
Jbowman47274 wrote:I see all this people getting 120 for full out of state tuition, how much have they been giving for full in-state tuition?


I don't understand your question. If you get a full tuition scholarship, and you are in-state, then you get the amount of the in-state tuition.
Tuition isn't set yet for next year, but they have estimates.


The 120k scholarships aren't quite full scholarships, so the question seems to be whether in state candidates with similar stats are actually getting full scholarship offers or whether they too have to use the phrase “pretty much a full ride” :)

User avatar
zla2014
Posts: 211
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:59 pm

Re: IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Postby zla2014 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:30 pm

I love it here in Bloomington! :)

And...I'm actually finding great places to live near the law school that are still available!

flexityflex86
Posts: 973
Joined: Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:06 pm

Re: IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Postby flexityflex86 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 5:52 pm

zla2014 wrote:I love it here in Bloomington! :)

And...I'm actually finding great places to live near the law school that are still available!

cool stuff - bloomington is really cool, and i can't think of a cooler place to spend law school. ultimately, i was concerned about placement in Indianapolis. Indy is actually a top 15 city, but man was it boring. Love steak and shake though - that was a factor in my decision making, but ultimately I decided I didn't want a heart attack by 30.

User avatar
zla2014
Posts: 211
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:59 pm

Re: IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Postby zla2014 » Sat Apr 30, 2011 7:10 pm

flexityflex86 wrote:
zla2014 wrote:I love it here in Bloomington! :)

And...I'm actually finding great places to live near the law school that are still available!

cool stuff - bloomington is really cool, and i can't think of a cooler place to spend law school. ultimately, i was concerned about placement in Indianapolis. Indy is actually a top 15 city, but man was it boring. Love steak and shake though - that was a factor in my decision making, but ultimately I decided I didn't want a heart attack by 30.


Haha! I saw the steak n shake on the way over here but didn't go. I'm leaving tomorrow but I've been told I have to try the "Chocolate Moose" before I leave. My fave place so far has been Lennie's Pizza and Brewery. The beer was delicious, the pizza was tasty and the waiter was so cool he ended up giving us our beer on the house!

I can't wait to come back to this city in the summer!

Jbowman47274
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:08 pm

Re: IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Postby Jbowman47274 » Sun May 01, 2011 4:23 am

actually, at the time I write this I was looking ast some wrong numbers. I thought the out of state tuition was 30,000 instead of 46,000 per year. So it seemed like they were adding on 10,000 per year maybe for expenses? Sorry for the confusion, just my bonehead mistake!






quote="Jspain"]
superflush wrote:
Jbowman47274 wrote:I see all this people getting 120 for full out of state tuition, how much have they been giving for full in-state tuition?


I don't understand your question. If you get a full tuition scholarship, and you are in-state, then you get the amount of the in-state tuition.
Tuition isn't set yet for next year, but they have estimates.


The 120k scholarships aren't quite full scholarships, so the question seems to be whether in state candidates with similar stats are actually getting full scholarship offers or whether they too have to use the phrase “pretty much a full ride” :)[/quote]

User avatar
JenDarby
Posts: 13289
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:02 am

Re: IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Postby JenDarby » Sun May 01, 2011 11:23 am

I know IUB over extended themselves, and I know I threw my app in really late (late January) for kicks...but really IUB, it''d be nice if you told me something regarding the status of my app, outside of the complete email that took 10 weeks to receive.

User avatar
danquayle
Posts: 1108
Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:12 am

Re: IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Postby danquayle » Sun May 01, 2011 12:08 pm

JenDarby wrote:I know IUB over extended themselves, and I know I threw my app in really late (late January) for kicks...but really IUB, it''d be nice if you told me something regarding the status of my app, outside of the complete email that took 10 weeks to receive.


I get the impression that when they do that, it's a result of you being someone they'd look to have admitted, but can't because they're so overbooked. Maybe they don't want to scare you away with a waitlist, but it is now May and damn near close to end of the cycle for pretty much everyone.

It look's like they're outright rejecting a lot of high LSAT people at this point. I think it'd be bad form if after all this wait they just reject you.

Have you tried calling? I can't imagine they're nearly as busy as they once were...

User avatar
JenDarby
Posts: 13289
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:02 am

Re: IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Postby JenDarby » Sun May 01, 2011 12:15 pm

I've actually called twice and received completely conflicting feedback regarding my application. I called in Feb due to the fact that I never received any word of going complete and the woman was very friendly and literally said something along the lines of "if you don't hear an answer in the next couple days, give us a call back!!" So, feeling optimistic, I gave them about month, and called mid March and was told no decision had been made yet, then a few weeks later I received the complete email!

With everything going as it had for them this cycle, I'm not really expecting to be accepted, especially not with $$$ I may have received earlier, but I would like to hear something! I will give them another call layer this week I suppose.

User avatar
danquayle
Posts: 1108
Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:12 am

Re: IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Postby danquayle » Sun May 01, 2011 12:28 pm

JenDarby wrote:I've actually called twice and received completely conflicting feedback regarding my application. I called in Feb due to the fact that I never received any word of going complete and the woman was very friendly and literally said something along the lines of "if you don't hear an answer in the next couple days, give us a call back!!" So, feeling optimistic, I gave them about month, and called mid March and was told no decision had been made yet, then a few weeks later I received the complete email!

With everything going as it had for them this cycle, I'm not really expecting to be accepted, especially not with $$$ I may have received earlier, but I would like to hear something! I will give them another call layer this week I suppose.


Definitely call. I have no idea what to expect from Indiana at this point because I have no idea what their class looks like right now. I will say this: Indiana has always been actively involving in fine tuning its class right up to the end. I myself wasn't admitted until May way back when. (I applied in late February). And I've known people accepted with full rides as late as June. It makes planning a bit of a pain though.

User avatar
aquasalad
Posts: 182
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:18 am

Re: IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Postby aquasalad » Mon May 02, 2011 12:51 am


User avatar
zla2014
Posts: 211
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:59 pm

Re: IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Postby zla2014 » Tue May 03, 2011 2:15 am

I loved Bloomington but surprisingly got a better offer. Hopefully another deserving splitter will receive my offer!

User avatar
danquayle
Posts: 1108
Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:12 am

Re: IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Postby danquayle » Tue May 03, 2011 9:42 am

zla2014 wrote:I loved Bloomington but surprisingly got a better offer. Hopefully another deserving splitter will receive my offer!


Haha, that was abrupt. :) Congrats.

User avatar
zla2014
Posts: 211
Joined: Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:59 pm

Re: IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Postby zla2014 » Tue May 03, 2011 10:02 am

danquayle wrote:
zla2014 wrote:I loved Bloomington but surprisingly got a better offer. Hopefully another deserving splitter will receive my offer!


Haha, that was abrupt. :) Congrats.


Yeah, it's been a crazy couple of days. Thanks!

iowalum
Posts: 326
Joined: Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:15 pm

Re: IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Postby iowalum » Tue May 03, 2011 11:27 am

What does everyone think will be the magic LSAT number next year? Are they going to try to push the median even more or go for GPA?

User avatar
twairlines
Posts: 161
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:20 pm

Re: IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Postby twairlines » Tue May 03, 2011 11:45 am

180...give or take take 1-2

User avatar
danquayle
Posts: 1108
Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:12 am

Re: IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Postby danquayle » Tue May 03, 2011 4:25 pm

iowalum wrote:What does everyone think will be the magic LSAT number next year? Are they going to try to push the median even more or go for GPA?


I suspect the GPA will still be about a 3.8.

I'm guessing they'll try for a 167 since they seem to have gotten too many at 165.

jaydizzle
Posts: 714
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:28 pm

Re: IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Postby jaydizzle » Tue May 03, 2011 6:05 pm

I just got accepted off the waitlist! Wow! I am out of state, so I wonder if financial aid is possible.

flgator10
Posts: 188
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:08 pm

Re: IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Postby flgator10 » Tue May 03, 2011 9:17 pm

jaydizzle wrote:I just got accepted off the waitlist! Wow! I am out of state, so I wonder if financial aid is possible.


Congratulations!! Did you send a LOCI?

jaydizzle
Posts: 714
Joined: Sat Jan 17, 2009 6:28 pm

Re: IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Postby jaydizzle » Tue May 03, 2011 9:18 pm

flgator10 wrote:
jaydizzle wrote:I just got accepted off the waitlist! Wow! I am out of state, so I wonder if financial aid is possible.


Congratulations!! Did you send a LOCI?



Yes, I sure did. I am worried now. I heard nothing about financial aid. Since I am out of state, sticker would really suck. This is what I get for getting a low LSAT.

flgator10
Posts: 188
Joined: Sat Aug 28, 2010 9:08 pm

Re: IU Bloomington Class of 2014

Postby flgator10 » Tue May 03, 2011 9:21 pm

jaydizzle wrote:
flgator10 wrote:
jaydizzle wrote:I just got accepted off the waitlist! Wow! I am out of state, so I wonder if financial aid is possible.


Congratulations!! Did you send a LOCI?



Yes, I sure did. I am worried now. I heard nothing about financial aid. Since I am out of state, sticker would really suck. This is what I get for getting a low LSAT.


I'm in the same position (though I haven't been accepted yet). I will most likely be paying sticker wherever I end up.




Return to “Law School Acceptances, Denials, and Waitlists”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: laowhynot109 and 8 guests